Tav on Morelos

Yes Morelos was stupid but can we please stop acting as if yhis is a regular thing that was his first Red card in 3 years yesterday he has massively cleaned his act up over the years.

Ask yourself this, if you weren't watching the game and someone said to you a Rangers player was sent off for a petulant kick out / slap or whatever you want to call it.

Who's your money on for being the culprit?

I was speaking with someone who suggested that Morelos is in a comfort zone at Ibrox now and that might be a worry.

It’s certainly been interesting to see that with Colak arriving and competing for Morelos’ jersey, his reaction seems to have been to take the huff.

I’m sure Tav’s comments are made in line with the manager wanting to give the guy a public boot up the arse… which he fully deserves.

Ask yourself this, if you weren't watching the game and someone said to you a Rangers player was sent off for a petulant kick out / slap or whatever you want to call it.

Who's your money on for being the culprit?
I’m not sure discussing who is the most petulant player and likely to be sent off means very much
Don’t remember too many sent off for petulance
Morelos is our top European Goalscorer full stop!
It’s been a long time since Morelos showed the indiscipline of yesterday
I put it down to his time off through injury lack of fitness and game time and his frustration shone through
Don’t condone what he did but can understand why it occurred

Why do lots of people on here constantly criticise any mistake by any player and turn it into a crisis
Ffs Goldson has been our best centre half for years and now he’s a coward!

The next mistake Borna makes will be a riot on here as he’s the definite whipping boy!

I was speaking with someone who suggested that Morelos is in a comfort zone at Ibrox now and that might be a worry.

It’s certainly been interesting to see that with Colak arriving and competing for Morelos’ jersey, his reaction seems to have been to take the huff.

I’m sure Tav’s comments are made in line with the manager wanting to give the guy a public boot up the arse… which he fully deserves.
Roofe and Itten signed previously and there didn’t seem to be any issue there?

He’s not starting games now but that’ll also have a lot to do with the length of time he’s been out.

Morelos should be shipped out of Ibrox at the first opportunity. A liability again cost us two points again. That's why no club will come in for him. Discipline stinks. Attitude stinks and a lot of times his performance stinks.

Captain is right the only question is wether calling Alfie out in public is wise but I guess you would imagine it came from Gio to say this.....
In my opinion he was wrong to criticise his team mate for public consumption and as has been pointed out only makes Collum's decision stronger for those looking to do so and there will be many. What the reaction should have been in the dressing room is a different matter.

What Tav's 'captaineering' has also done has reinforced the opinion of many of us out here that the club simply doesn't comprehend the extent of the cheating/corruption surrounding us at every turn, far less have a clue how to confront it.

Now I only sat down yesterday to watch the game as Morelos passed to Kent who didn't pass to Lundstram and the rest as they say is history. Later on in the game and Placido Van Bronkhurst was having a controlled, pleasant wee chat with the 4th official on the sideline instead of being up to high doh at what we had all just witnessed.

If the club doesn't come out all guns blazing on behalf of Lundstram and demand action is taken against Gollum, then what is the point of caring?

Morelos should be shipped out of Ibrox at the first opportunity. A liability again cost us two points again. That's why no club will come in for him. Discipline stinks. Attitude stinks and a lot of times his performance stinks.
Why’s no one coming in for Tav, Goldson and Kent?

Morelos gets sent off after behaving like a spoilt child and it's Gio's fault?
It’s Gio‘s fault if he does not take action or speak with any player who has let the team down especially when we only had ten men on the park at that time

Why are people defending Alfredo here? It was stupid, cost us 3 points, and completely unnecessary
Because he’s our top European Goalscorer and been our best centre forward for years and has earned the right to be cut some slack
And has made substantial improvement in his discipline
Simples

When Lundstram went off, Tavernoer should have acted Ike a captain and told all the players not to even give oleum an excuse for another card.

You could tell from Morelos’s body language that he was going to be carded. Gio could have taken him right off and put on King then.

In my opinion he was wrong to criticise his team mate for public consumption and as has been pointed out only makes Collum's decision stronger for those looking to do so and there will be many. What the reaction should have been in the dressing room is a different matter.

What Tav's 'captaineering' has also done has reinforced the opinion of many of us out here that the club simply doesn't comprehend the extent of the cheating/corruption surrounding us at every turn, far less have a clue how to confront it.

Now I only sat down yesterday to watch the game as Morelos passed to Kent who didn't pass to Lundstram and the rest as they say is history. Later on in the game and Placido Van Bronkhurst was having a controlled, pleasant wee chat with the 4th official on the sideline instead of being up to high doh at what we had all just witnessed.

If the club doesn't come out all guns blazing on behalf of Lundstram and demand action is taken against Gollum, then what is the point of caring?

I would suggest it came from the manager who stated Alfie was stupid and therefore there's a "strategy" to let Alfie know he's let everyone down.....managers will decide when to go public and when to keep it in house.

He's stated Lundstrum's red card was wrong and I would expect it will be appealed. Beyond that the club are never going to do what the punters want. That's the reality.

I would suggest it came from the manager who stated Alfie was stupid and therefore there's a "strategy" to let Alfie know he's let everyone down.....managers will decide when to go public and when to keep it in house.

He's stated Lundstrum's red card was wrong and I would expect it will be appealed. Beyond that the club are never going to do what the punters want. That's the reality.
You'd suggest it but you don't know for sure though.

However, from what I'm gethering here, we had an incident yesterday with Scottish referees and their approach to our club laid bare for all to see and yet our captain, under orders from his manager (according to yourself) chucked their own player under a bus for a separate incident.

Is that correct?

Tav is right to have a go at Alfie but that should remain private and kept to dressing room or training ground.

To publicly slate him gives media and pundits ammunition to sow seeds of division, it also takes the focus off a corrupt and shameful display by Collum and places Morelos under an even brighter public spotlight.

Not good Captaincy by Tavernier!!

Tav is right to have a go at Alfie but that should remain private and kept to dressing room or training ground.

To publicly slate him gives media and pundits ammunition to sow seeds of division, it also takes the focus off a corrupt and shameful display by Collum and places Morelos under an even brighter public spotlight.

Not good Captaincy by Tavernier!!
Its appalling from him actually. He should have been pointing out the shocking performance from Collum instead of sticking the booting in to Alfie and anything he did have to say to Alfie should have been said behind closed doors.

You'd suggest it but you don't know for sure though.

However, from what I'm gethering here, we had an incident yesterday with Scottish referees and their approach to our club laid bare for all to see and yet our captain, under orders from his manager (according to yourself) chucked their own player under a bus for a separate incident.

Is that correct?

Both manager and captain said the same thing.

You are absolutely correct I think both of them decided to criticise Alfie in public.

It's not a secret that Rangers players and managers haven't always seen things the same way as a section of the support.

Gio said JL's red card was wrong and Alfie's was stupidity on his part.
I'm also going to suggest the intensity of opinion on how refs treat us and them isn't shared within the football staff. I might be wrong but I suspect that's the case.

I do think we will appeal JL's red.

I see Tav has given an RTV interview calling Morelos stupid for the red card.

While I agree Morelos was stupid I still don’t believe it merited a red and now all the red tops have jumped on it and are spinning it as the captain thinks it a red.

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any appeal.
Clear red card if someone done that to one of our players I want a red.Morelos just showing he’s not a team player by his attitude getting a red and the fact he is so over weight. In modern football this is a disgrace

Its appalling from him actually. He should have been pointing out the shocking performance from Collum instead of sticking the booting in to Alfie and anything he did have to say to Alfie should have been said behind closed doors.

Davis was at the ref at full time tav didn’t bother rather slate his team mate in public not very clever if you want to get the right re action

Clear red card if someone done that to one of our players I want a red.Morelos just showing he’s not a team player by his attitude getting a red and the fact he is so over weight. In modern football this is a disgrace

It gets done and a worse on our players every week %^*& all is ever done

Why are people defending Alfredo here? It was stupid, cost us 3 points, and completely unnecessary

No doubt he was out of order, and let his team mates & us down.

Did he really cost us 3, not 2 points ? Was he more culpable than a referee who clearly cheated at the Lundstram red ? Was he more culpable than two of our SENIOR players who allowed a sclaffed shot into our goal because they didn’t want a ball to hit them, Wee souls ?

Pick who you want, but don’t try & claim any moral high ground, because everybody’s showing a lot of bias here against their chosen targets.

And I repeat, he unquestionably let us all down.

Both manager and captain said the same thing.

You are absolutely correct I think both of them decided to criticise Alfie in public.

It's not a secret that Rangers players and managers haven't always seen things the same way as a section of the support.

Gio said JL's red card was wrong and Alfie's was stupidity on his part.
I'm also going to suggest the intensity of opinion on how refs treat us and them isn't shared within the football staff. I might be wrong but I suspect that's the case.

I do think we will appeal JL's red.
That makes a good point, the fans can see what has been staring us in the face for years. The club, and manager in particular, are completely blind to the poor standard and corruption of the officials.

No doubt he was out of order, and let his team mates & us down.

Did he really cost us 3, not 2 points ? Was he more culpable than a referee who clearly cheated at the Lundstram red ? Was he more culpable than two of our SENIOR players who allowed a sclaffed shot into our goal because they didn’t want a ball to hit them, Wee souls ?

Pick who you want, but don’t try & claim any moral high ground, because everybody’s showing a lot of bias here against their chosen targets.

And I repeat, he unquestionably let us all down.
He certainly played his part but to say Morelos cost us 2 points is pathetic.

Here are other contributing factors:

• The shite defending at their first goal which included a cowardly bit of play from Matondo and poor positioning/ball watching from Captain Kevlar
  • Kent failing to make a simple 5 yard pass that gave Collum the chance to show the red card
  • Collum showing the red card for the Lundstram challenge
  • Our insistence on hoofing the ball right back to them instead of trying to keep it once we were down to 9
  • Goldson and Jack being too scared to try and block a shot in the dying minutes
All of these massively influenced the outcome, but yes, Morelos clearly cost us 2 points.

Tav must be a Morelos hater for saying this then …..
Lol mate you know you love a good Morelos moan, & never miss an opportunity to do so.. People call you out on it. At least own it, because your way past being able to be sarcastic about it.

Have only just watched Tav's comment on him though, which amounted to 'he was stupid' which he was.

How the thread has managed to get to almost 300 posts on that is probably more ridiculous than you trying to make it out that you won't jump on the next little thing he does & that's saying something.

Anyway, just for fun.. does he start for you against PSV?

He's 100% correct.

Morelos let the team and the fans down by deciding to have another moment of madness.
How many of these moments can he keep having .. and there’s been times when he’s got away with it…. Tav having the captains say.. totally correct

Lol mate you know you love a good Morelos moan, & never miss an opportunity to do so.. People call you out on it. At least own it, because your way past being able to be sarcastic about it.

Have only just watched Tav's comment on him though, which amounted to 'he was stupid' which he was.

How the thread has managed to get to almost 300 posts on that is probably more ridiculous than you trying to make it out that you won't jump on the next little thing he does & that's saying something.

Anyway, just for fun.. does he start for you against PSV?
Yes.. just for fun….

How many of these moments can he keep having .. and there’s been times when he’s got away with it…. Tav having the captains say.. totally correct
Its never totally correct to say this about a team mate in public. Its poor captaincy from him

If that's any other player we would be raging and saying it's harsh... We cannot turn on Alfie and judge him like others do

Right to call him out, but call him out in the dressing room in front of his teammates and colleagues, make sure he knows everyone isn’t happy with him. Morelos was a joke today with his petulance. He deserves to be punished for it.

Amateur hour to call him out in public. Keep that stuff in the dressing room and if it’s got to get out, it’s only got to come from one man and it’s not the fucking captain.

We can’t be happy with this amateur hour stuff from the club once again.
I’m sure it has been thought out and orchestrated. It is in no way amateurish.

I’m sure it has been thought out and orchestrated. It is in no way amateurish.
Keep that kind of criticism in the dressing room, there’s no need to bring any negativity to the player to the public, especially via the clubs official channels.

Yes, Morelos was wrong but keep it in the dressing room. A public shaming isn’t going to help him and all it does it give ammo, once again, to any and all Morelos haters.

I kinda agree with you buddy .. how many private bollokings can one guy have.. maybe tavs criticism will work…
Keep that kind of criticism in the dressing room, there’s no need to bring any negativity to the player to the public, especially via the clubs official channels.

Yes, Morelos was wrong but keep it in the dressing room. A public shaming isn’t going to help him and all it does it give ammo, once again, to any and all Morelos haters.
Unless there was a thought out reason for doing it.

Alfredo Morelos. Facts.
1) He goes to Columbia to be the water boy, injured and aggravates this injury when we needed him most and missed all of the end of last season.
2) he is fit but rather than be ready to play he is a stone over weight and expects games to get the timber off.
3) Gio trusts him and brings him on to hold the ball up and he decides to lash out at the player and get sent off and costs us two points.

I read on here it’s Gio’s fault! Jesus. He is the most unprofessional player I have ever seen and Boyd called him out about it yesterday and was spot on.

Ffs.. he said 'yeah he was stupid'.

It was not orchestrated or thought out, planned..

He made an honest comment, & I wouldn't, in the cold hard light of day, expect Morelos to have any problem with what he said. Because it was fckn stupid.

Lol.. fck sake.

Alfredo Morelos. Facts.
1) He goes to Columbia to be the water boy, injured and aggravates this injury when we needed him most and missed all of the end of last season.
2) he is fit but rather than be ready to play he is a stone over weight and expects games to get the timber off.
3) Gio trusts him and brings him on to hold the ball up and he decides to lash out at the player and get sent off and costs us two points.

I read on here it’s Gio’s fault! Jesus. He is the most unprofessional player I have ever seen and Boyd called him out about it yesterday and was spot on.
If he is as "unprofessional" as you are saying then why did Gio have him in the team then?

He’s right. Alfie does it because he thinks he’s the star and can get away with letting folk down. It’s not on.

Back