Thank You Steven Gerrard and the Players for our European Adventure

Thankyou for the journey, if you had said to me in July we would be in Europe in December, I would have had my doubts, 100% enjoyable

We have done well.
Pity we couldn't get through the group stages but we should be proud of our efforts.
We'll be even better for the experience next year and now as much as it's sad it's over it may we'll be a blessing in disguise with fewer games and our focus pushing on in the league now that distraction is over.

Been a good run just a shame we couldn't get to last 32 would have been a great achievement.
But now we can focus on league so no excuses now.

Would we have taken this before the season kicked off. Damn right we would have. Now that we've been put out was it on reflection good - no, not really. We should have managed to get through this league and into the next round. Silly mistakes and poor performance have cost us.

Got further than we perhaps expect from the start but I can't look back and say it was good enough. Disappointed as %^*& to lose tonight and disappointed as %^*& we've been put out.

We are perhaps above expectations this seasons but some of the games we're losing and thus ending up out of competitions is frustrating as %^*&.

Head to head we were better than both Villarreal and Rapid Vienna and we got cheated against Spartak.

Who would've thought that we would've done so well with a brand new team? This run has restored some much needed pride in our hearts and all over Europe.

Thank you very much Stevie G, Dave King, all of our players and everyone else in the Blue Army! :cool:

Ps Anyone not happy with the overall performances should maybe Fûck off and support Barcelona or Real Madrid!

Morelos’s goal in Moscow not disallowed & we’ve beaten all three of them on aggregate.

Absolutely.

Gerrard exceeded my European expectations.

And as it stands, he is exceeding my domestic expectations. (I didn't think we would have already topped the league. And didn't see us only 2 points off the top, at this stage).

Thank you.

Keep up the great work.

Lots to be done.

Took my kids to Villareal and got a result that I never expected and an experience that I’ll never forget, we learned that we can compete at this level.

All we ask is 100%. Stevie G you gave us 110%. Thanks - that extra 10% please put into league games. Thanks for the run.

Rangers' campaign in Europe this season has been a success. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but reaching the group stages was a huge achievment that has benefited the club in so many ways. Let's hope we can do the same again next season.

Highlights for me were the Maribor and Rapid games at Ibrox and the excrutiating pain of 9 men in Russia, followed by pure ephoria.

Maribor & Rapid were special Ibrox nights.

I've thoroughly enjoyed our return to competing in Europe, especially after last season .

What we have to remember is, Stevie G and his management team built a squad on one transfer window, that was intended for the league.

We have played 30+ games so far!! I bet the management, did not reckon on that with a newly assembled squad.

This does not diminish my hurt to going out to a bang average team!!

The fact of the matter that every Bear is disappointed going out is testament to Steven Gerrard, the players and staff after where we've been to and back.

We'll be back Bigger and even better for it next year.

5484625-thank-you-in-different-languages.jpg

wont sit well with the gloom and doom merchants of FF but as per title I would like to thank the manager and players for our European Adventure this season.

It’s been emotional
Well said. The last several years have been draining. SG has given us credibility again. Valiant effort to make the knock out stages, ruined by the Morelos goal being wrongly called offside against Spartak.

No complaints from this bear. Could we have done some stuff better? Of course. Did I imagine I my wildest dreams we’d be here. Not a phucking chance. Well done gaffer and well done the lads.

“Ah but history and aw that standards eh”

Aye our recent history is a team who were drawing 5-5 with Hibs 8 months ago

There are “things”

Where we should be and where we were and now are - what we have achieved in Europe is an excellent effort

I've enjoyed the adventure and thank SG and the players for that.
My concern is that next year we get a horrible draw and fail to get into group stage. There will be many teams with a much better co efficient than us.

when i think back how nervous i was and how i wasn't sure we'd get passed osijek to get to the groups and go to the last game it's been pretty good.

only bonus now is more time on the training field for stevie to work on things , instead oo thursday/sunday games

Back