The Copland Road Stand and Wes Foderingham.

I didn’t want to post anything too soon after the match in case I was accused of looking for a negative but what is the Copland Road stands beef with Wes Foderingham? I normally sit in the Govan East Corner and though it might just be where I was sitting and the accoustics of the stadium but yesterday I could clearly hear the abuse directed towards him from the other end of the ground. If he doesn’t throw the ball out instantaneously there is an audible grumbling from that end of the ground, even after he had made a couple of good saves in the first half. It’s definitely got worse over the last couple of seasons.
A minor complaint in the grand scheme of things but a baffling situatuation IMO.
The Govan East corner has probably 3 of the worst people I have ever sat near for giving players abuse in Ibrox, Wes getting most of the rubbish directed at him! Ibrox in general is terrible at times for the abuse our players receive!

I sit in CF1 and I and others did moan once or twice when he didn’t release it quickly to Tav who was free to start an atttack down the wing.

Not a moan at him as such, probably just a moan at a missed opportunity. Like you would do if we missed a shot on goal.
I think the whole stadium let out some frustration at that moment.

But just a few mins before we’d all done the same thing when he tried and failed to find Tavernier in similar circumstances so I don’t think we could blame him for being cautious at that moment.

Before seating we used to wait quietly in anticipation of big Gas Meter booting it up the park to Bud & Co...great tactic that had the opposition in disarray at times !

Nonsense, Copland is no different to any other parts of the ground .

Being the old Rangers end the Copland was the first built and was where the nutters were seated. It was where every song started and when others did not join in they got pelters the most memorable being "Tims in the Govan. This was round about the time Cammy Fraser gave the Govan the fingers. The Bròomie was empty apart from me and a couple of hundred others most games.

The world's moved on and the nutters are now in the Bròomie. Man Utd and Liverpool see it as an advantage hitting towards the Stretford and Kop second half. It's a psychological thing but I don't think it does us any favours heading towards the Copland anymore.

We must get the tims out the Bròomie. The worlds changed. It's now our home end.

Sometimes Wes can be a bit slow with his distribution, but the simple answer to the OP is that some people who go to Ibrox are just moany bastards.

They aren’t happy unless they are moaning and criticising someone. If it wasn’t Wes it would probably have been Windass.
Sounds like my Mrs

Only one answer to this problem , bring home the COPLAND NUTTER he would sort it out
He would have in his prime, he’s absolutely grubbed now though, I spoke to him in Majorca last year and he’s struggling to get about due to back problems. He was brilliant in his day though, some boy.

I didn’t want to post anything too soon after the match in case I was accused of looking for a negative but what is the Copland Road stands beef with Wes Foderingham? I normally sit in the Govan East Corner and though it might just be where I was sitting and the accoustics of the stadium but yesterday I could clearly hear the abuse directed towards him from the other end of the ground. If he doesn’t throw the ball out instantaneously there is an audible grumbling from that end of the ground, even after he had made a couple of good saves in the first half. It’s definitely got worse over the last couple of seasons.
A minor complaint in the grand scheme of things but a baffling situatuation IMO.

Utter nonsense. You sit in hospitality once then start slagging off the normal punters.

Hee haw wrong with the Copland.

Arses, did they leave early too ?
If you were at the game..were you?..then you'd know the answer to your question and calling 7,500 Bears "arses"...well I'm in CF3 and I'm no "arse"..so don't lump us all in with a minority...happy to help.

Heard it on RTV and wondered what it was all about.

The thing is, it is only Foderingham’s history of getting the ball forward quickly and accurately that has led to fans looking for him to do it. If he hadn’t done it so successfully in the past nobody would be looking for him to do.

As it happens I don’t think Wes’ distribution has been as good as hitherto in the last few months - maybe he’s just lost a bit of confidence in that sideof his game. There’s no question when he gets it right it’s a powerful weapon.

Either way - as with every other player in our team - getting on the guys back achieves absolutely nothing.

Some of the criticism of Wes is bizzare. A really good goalkeeper (in my view) yet some people seem to think he is shit. Doesn't make many mistakes, decent with the ball at his feet and reasonably commanding.

There was a couple of occasions yesterday when a player was belting up the wing and a long throw would have got us halfway up the park with them chasing but he chose to hold on to it. Think that’s what the grumbling was about. Personally I’d rather he keept his cool and done what he did.
The worst reaction was to him not throwing the ball to Candeias at the halfway line who had 2 men closing him down and no other Rangers player within 30 yards. Youre inviting pressure if he loses the ball with the other team still in our box after a corner.

Sometimes you need to be able to take a step back and know when to slow the ball down.

My issue with Wes has always been his decision making especially when there's the chance of a quick break.
He has fantastic distribution when he uses it and when have very fast players to get on the end of it

Tmy issue with Wes has always been his decision making especially when there's the chance of a quick break.
He has fantastic distribution when he uses it and when have very fast players to get on the end of it
A chance of a quick break doesn't mean it's the best option, you've got to weigh everything up.

Foderingham has no problem throwing the ball out quickly, we've scored against Partick and Hamilton using it in recent weeks, but if he throws that to Candeias who's got 2 men on him and no help and Candeias loses the ball it's coming back to a box full of Hearts players.

I changed from cf4 to the gf this season. had my st in cf4 for a few seasons but there was a few guys a couple of rows back that were constantly on wes' back! just get it up the park, just f*ckin kick it, youre useless, when we getting a new goalie...amongst other things and no just aimed at him either to be fair. the moaning was so constant it made me request a move! happy wi my seat next to jack and victor now tho ha!

The two lads that sit behind me are total bams who have nothing positive to contribute (in GR1). It's not a Copland thing.

Is that just an unkind way of saying it's full of people who have shown undying loyalty to the club for decades..;)
I have undying loyalty for Rangers.
I showed that by sacrificing my seat in CF1 so that scum like Ashley and the Easdales could be removed.

Arses, did they leave early too ?
I would never criticise anyone for leaving early as you don’t know what lengths it’s actually taken a fan to get there. The fact they’ve spent the money and made the effort is enough for me! Sorry a wee bit off the OP but just my opinion.

Try sitting there OP, it’s murder listening to some of the “supporters” doing exactly as you describe.
Even though there’s no ball on they go off their nut that he’s not making some miracle throw or kick

Try sitting there OP, it’s murder listening to some of the “supporters” doing exactly as you describe.
Even though there’s no ball on they go off their nut that he’s not making some miracle throw or kick

I have mate, I had a couple of seasons there. I had to move for my own sanity.:D

The fact that this is our "home end" is a damming indictment of our club and support. Sooner we get Safe-Standing in there the better.
Yes let's hand over control of the whole front of a stand to a part of the ground that barely fills two sections :rolleyes:o_O:D

Yes let's hand over control of the whole front of a stand to a part of the ground that barely fills two sections :rolleyes:o_O:D

A standing section wouldn’t be just for the Union Bears, I’m not sure where that notion comes from? I reckon you could fill the Copland Front comfortably with those from other areas that would like to be included in a standing section.

I have mate, I had a couple of seasons there. I had to move for my own sanity.:D
Sat in CF for a few years and it bugs my t*ts of the moaning and groaning, Yesterday n the 1st half players were getting it for not closing down yet the ball was in the Jam Farts half.
I've fallen out with a few berate players and every opportunity, I've told to go and screem at the TV at them and not in ear shot for they are there to support your team.

He does seem to dither a lot.fans can see the obvious quick throw to an man wide open
but Wes farts about and ends up kicking
it straight back to the opposition,happens
way too often.Im watching RTV and screaming
for him to move it as well,and I Quite like Wes.

I’d say it’s one of his strong points actually. Weird how some see things so differently.
For me his strong point is definitely his shot stopping. Made a couple of great saves again yesterday but I fear every time he gets the ball at his feet. The goal against Ayr was an accident waiting to happen. Thankfully it was in the early stages of a game against a league 1 side and not a crucial moment in a big game.

For me his strong point is definitely his shot stopping. Made a couple of great saves again yesterday but I fear every time he gets the ball at his feet. The goal against Ayr was an accident waiting to happen. Thankfully it was in the early stages of a game against a league 1 side and not a crucial moment in a big game.

It was the first time I can recall where it’s actually cost us a goal mate - after how many games? Like his distribution - and his shot stopping as you say - having the ball at his feet is another of Foderingham’s strong points. He’s not in the class of some of our former goalkeepers but he’s a pretty decent goalkeeper.

Back