The enigma that is Joe Aribo

"Far too much talent to not be a factor in these types of games"

More absolute nonsense from this OP. The guy was a stand out Cup Final against them, was a stand out at Parkhead the following fixture and contributes to the win at New Year.

We'll no doubt see an apology thread a year from now for Aribo.
Thanks for reaffirming that I’m right. I mean when the forum Walter Mitty (who insists Morelos was ‘suspended’ for Tynecastle last season) says that you’re wrong then you know you’re probably right. And at least I admitted my mistake mate, you didn’t have the baws for that and doubled down on your fantasy nonsense and were roundly (and rightly) mocked. I suppose that’s the downfall of thinking you’re an expert for having played 5’s, lol. Have you apologised to Morelos yet or you still trying to pretend he’s not worth it?

Apologies if I’ve missed any previous jibes from other threads, having you on ignore means I rarely see your guff B-D

If we play him and Hagi together I'd prefer them to play Aribo in front and Hagi in midfield. Ianis works harder and is more likely to pick a killer through ball. Joe is capable of magic but he needs to be around the box - the little touches and flicks that hurt teams in their box just slow the game down in midfield.
This isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. Been keen to see Hagi in a 3 8n midfield for a bit see how he does.

Aribo & Hagi were empty jerseys today and offered heehaw
Thank god it was a dead rubber if there is such a thing in an old firm game
Disappointed all the same coz that mob are shite and we should have nailed them today, but all considered I'm a contented bear today, unbeaten onwards and upwards
WATP

Thanks for reaffirming that I’m right. I mean when the forum Walter Mitty (who insists Morelos was ‘suspended’ for Tynecastle last season) says that you’re wrong then you know you’re probably right. And at least I admitted my mistake mate, you doubled down on your fantasy nonsense and were roundly (and rightly) mocked. I suppose that’s the downfall of thinking you’re an expert for having played 5’s, lol. Have you apologised to Morelos yet or you still trying to pretend he’s not worth it?

Apologies if I’ve missed any previous jibes from other threads, having you on ignore means I rarely see your guff B-D

It isn't just this thread though, or the Tav apology thread, or the Gerrard thread you started last season and were rightly shown up, or the fact you said Luis Suarez is an average footballer.

It also doesn't matter if you're posting under DangerZone or Scaramanga.

Time and time again, every single time you post you highlight the level of football education you hold which is clearly the inside of a donut.

Sticking me on ignore also highlights your level of maturity.

Please, just take a breath next time.

Plays well when the team plays well, maybe that's because he feeds off of a vibrant and flowing team that on it that day.

Thing is when he plays poor you can't see him contribute to a goal, atleast with Hagi he can.

I agree with this, it’s all right against teams that will be having 10 men behind the ball but no danger should they both be starting in games like today.

Alarm bells were ringing when I saw them both in the starting 11. Something I’d never do in games like that, it was a shame neither really stepped up today though I felt Hagi did better than Aribo.

Either go with Aribo or Hagi,both can’t play in the same team.
It shows how resilient we have become as a team when we can get results like today and Slavia away without playing a naturally defensive midfielder.

I wonder what happens to him in these games? I mentioned it after Thursday but I’m a huge fan of him, he’s such a gifted player and we’ve seen him produce moments of real quality to win us games and provide us with great entertainment in general.

So why do these games seem to pass him by? That’s a fair few times now in games against them where you’d barely know he was there and when he does get on the ball he’s not exactly being productive. Like I said, I’m a huge fan but I’m mystified by this and hope the gaffer can find a way to get him firing in these fixtures. Far too much talent to not be a factor in these types of games.
Aribo is an impact player, and when he is on his game, he is outstanding.
But I think aside from his injury he is one that needs the crowd to consistently turn it on.
When he doesn't he looks uninterested, and comes across as nonchalant.
Not sure if he will ever change, especially with Gerrard who seems to really 'love' him!

Him and Hagi are just going to be those kind of players. Match winners one game and bypassed the next. If they were the full-on finished article they wouldn’t be here if we’re being honest.

It isn't just this thread though, or the Tav apology thread, or the Gerrard thread you started last season and were rightly shown up, or the fact you said Luis Suarez is an average footballer.

It also doesn't matter if you're posting under DangerZone or Scaramanga.

Time and time again, every single time you post you highlight the level of football education you hold which is clearly the inside of a donut.

Sticking me on ignore also highlights your level of maturity.

Please, just take a breath next time.

But seriously do you remember when you posted something that was 100% untrue and you doubled down on it because you were far too full of your own self importance to hold your hands up and admit you’d made an arse of it? I do.

You lost all credibility when you did that so you don’t get to remark on other people’s maturity levels (not that there’s anything immature about using a function that is provided for the very reason upon which I used it), particularly when you’re essentially pissing in the wind here like a wee wean looking to make trouble purely because you’ve got a bee in your bonnet with regards to the person who’s started the thread rather than it’s actually content.

By the way, I don’t recall calling Suarez an ‘average footballer’, but given your penchant for telling tall tales and posting things that are completely untrue I wouldn’t be shocked if that’s also a lie.

The comedy element continues.

It certainly does doesn’t it

I'm not interested in debating with you.
My first and second post on this thread made my point, I'm happy with that.

Get over yourself and move on, if you feel the need, put me on ignore.
Maybe you two can get a room or take it to PM’s, that way you no longer need to continue to derail and pollute this thread.

But seriously do you remember when you posted something that was 100% untrue and you doubled down on it because you were far too full of your own self importance to hold your hands up and admit you’d made an arse of it? I do.

You lost all credibility when you did that so you don’t get to remark on other people’s maturity levels (not that there’s anything immature about using a function that is provided for the very reason upon which I used it), particularly when you’re essentially pissing in the wind here like a wee wean looking to make trouble purely because you’ve got a bee in your bonnet with regards to the person who’s started the thread rather than it’s actually content.

By the way, I don’t recall calling Suarez an ‘average footballer’, but given your penchant for telling tall tales and posting things that are completely untrue I wouldn’t be shocked if that’s also a lie.

Take some fucking time off mate.

You are a fucking bore.

OF games, first and foremost, are a battle - and that doesn't suit Aribo's style.

There's no coincidence in the fact guys like Jack, Arfield, Morelos and Goldson etc excel in these games.

It certainly does doesn’t it

Maybe you two can get a room or take it to PM’s, that way you no longer need to continue to derail and pollute this thread.

Pollute?

You are a joke mate, a fucking joke.

You have been polluting this forum for far too long with your self serving shite.

Seriously mate, just give it up you're embarrassing yourself on here again (becoming a habit). You know it's desperate when you get to the point you have to retire a moniker and try start a new FF life because of all the previous nonsense you posted and were consistently rinsed for.

Unfortunately for you, the DZ "Football Manager 2020" level of football knowledge rips right out of you.

Regarding Suarez, good try.

If we get a good offer for Aribo I would sell him, we all know the talent he has and he has helped us win the title but too often in big games he goes missing.

It doesn't help when he is asked to play in a midfield 3 either, he is a forward or don't play him at all.
I agree that he should be a forward or not played, but I do not agree we should sell him. I think he'll grow to become a huge player for us IF he's played up front. Honestly, I thought Hagi was poor today as well, I think I would be playing Aribo there instead of him on most occassions.

Vast majority he’s a man down unfortunately.
He’s a phucking baller, but we need a ‘baller/team player’. Jo doesn’t do enough and this was the reason they kunts were able to look up and spray passes to it their full backs/midfield all day long.
Was he played out of position-definitely.

It’s either him or Hagi moving forward IMO - the 4-3-3 can’t support both of them.
100% bro. First rule of football if ur no at it ur direct opponent get marked out the game out the game. I love joe but we need more on his “off” days.

Wasn’t even the worst midfielder on the park for us. Thought Kamara had a stinker. You play either aribo or hagi never both. Didn’t think aribo was overly poor though, the midfield in general just got passed by a lot today

Aribo in the forward three is a different player to the one in the middle 3. Past two old firms we’ve had to play him in there because of injuries.

Posted in another thread - we have decisions to make in the close season regarding our formation and system if we want to continue to develop and accommodate both Aribo and Hagi.

We seem to be fixed on the 433 that has taken a while to click but has this season delivered the league and some of our most consistent results in decades.

So either the system changes or the players in question need to do better.

We’ve got two unpolished diamonds in those two. I want to see them truly sparkle in Rangers shirts before they inevitably move on.

For me Hagi is a 10 and so far Aribo looks most effective as a wide forward. Add Kent and a striker to the mix then it starts to shape as a 4231. But then that in turn adds pressure to Davis + AN Other, be it Jack or Kamara or whoever.

Looking forward to see how it shapes up.
You could, and probably are, more tactically aware than I am.

But football is still quite simple.

If you want to accomodate both Aribo and Hagi, we need muscle elsewhere behind them. We didn't have that today and a Jack and an Arfield, no matter how great they have been for us are too injury prone.

It's a position that needs addressed.

You could, and probably are, more tactically aware than I am.

But football is still quite simple.

If you want to accomodate both Aribo and Hagi, we need muscle elsewhere behind them. We didn't have that today and a Jack and an Arfield, no matter how great they have been for us are too injury prone.

It's a position that needs addressed.
Totally agree. This is a game more than any that needs bite and energy to dominate midfield. Jack definitely gives us that and Scotty has too but Jack’s injury record is becoming more of an Issue and Arfield has struggled since his latest injury.
It’s not Zungu so we need to buy for this role.

For me he was very poor today and I was very surprised he lasted as long. He has plenty of ability but we need to find a role for him.

To make it at Rangers you have to be decent most of the time with touches of flair occasionally. Aribo is missing most of the time with touches of flair occasionally. I’m not sure we can afford to carry an Aribo who is missing most of the time. Davis and Kamara had to do some shift today to make up for his absenteeism.

Alarm bells were ringing when I saw them both in the starting 11. Something I’d never do in games like that, it was a shame neither really stepped up today though I felt Hagi did better than Aribo.
I was the same pre match, Aribo so far in his Rangers career has never really stepped up against that mob IMO.

I wonder what happens to him in these games? I mentioned it after Thursday but I’m a huge fan of him, he’s such a gifted player and we’ve seen him produce moments of real quality to win us games and provide us with great entertainment in general.

So why do these games seem to pass him by? That’s a fair few times now in games against them where you’d barely know he was there and when he does get on the ball he’s not exactly being productive. Like I said, I’m a huge fan but I’m mystified by this and hope the gaffer can find a way to get him firing in these fixtures. Far too much talent to not be a factor in these types of games.
Such a skillful player, just don't think he's found his position yet; which is certainly not midfield. Hes an unorthadox attacker, his close control is sublime but seriously? he needs to stop running into a block of defenders and create space. He wasting his talent imo.

I've yet to see Aribo get stuck in when he's off his game, attacking wise.
He makes terrible passes, puts our receiving player in 50/50 tackles because of his poor passing, and then seems to go in the huff, disappears.
At least get stuck in defensively, FFS. He looks like he's trying his best not to hurt anyone when he's tackling somebody.
Whenever I nag Aribo, the goal he scored against Braga starts playing in my mind. :)

he’s not developing for me. I think he’s been terrible last few games a d we need to target a replacement Or someone who can challenge him for that role.

Was one of the main reasons why we didn’t play well yesterday and were out on our arse on Thursday. Has the talent in spades but now I’m suspecting it’s more desire from him.

His lackadaisical passing and jogging was pissing me off, at least if you’re not in the game keep tracking and working. I’m surprised he lasted pass half time but I suppose with Balogun being so out of sorts it kept Aribo out of the spotlight.

We need performances like Antwerp away 2nd half consistently not just 1 in 5 games.

I think he could do with more confidence in general. Can you imagine Aribo's talents with the attitude of someone like Barry Ferguson - he could really take hold of a game but doesnt really seem to realise it as often as he should.

Great player, you just sometimes feel he could be having a bigger say in some games.
Ferguson?
All he has to do is look at the other side of the park, at Ryan Kent, to see the attitude and application he should be demonstrating.

To be fair, I think he is Glen Kamara's best pal and both of them might have suffered the most emotionally regarding Thursday night,
Certainly, I think the entire side looked leggy and a bit drained.
Which given the result shows how resilient this Rangers team can be.
That’d explain today’s performance but not recent form.
I’ve said elsewhere we need more from him but, all things considered, like league won, being out of Europe and the emotional drain from Thursday, I won’t be writing him off.
To me, he has the talent of Kent but with a quarter of the heart.
He needs to pick it up again, quickly, and not just against Cove.

he’s not developing for me. I think he’s been terrible last few games a d we need to target a replacement Or someone who can challenge him for that role.
Am still on the fence about him but am coming round to this view.

I thought we had cracked it before his injury & he looked as if he he was going to have some season, but the injury set him back quite a bit IMO.

He's a passenger too often & for too long in too many games for me now. He's got a lackadaisical style that makes him appear lazy, or he switches off.

Either way he needs to get it out of his game as IMO he can't really play in midfield because of it - he doesn't track back, doesn't bust a get to get to the ball & doesn't win many tackles.

His strengths are his close control around the box, decent shot on him, gets a few goals & he's clearly bulking up to increase his power. He's better in the front 3 but right now I wouldn't play him ahead of Kent, Alfie, Roofe or Hagi.

Hes a great raw talent and still learning. If he was the finished article, let's be honest, he wouldn't be with us. I'm happy he's with us for now!

Aribo is a top top player. He holds a ball, plays a great ball and will go on to be a world class player. Enjoy him while we have him.
I like Aribo I think he has massive potential but you think he will be “world class” ? My friend...... I shall have a sample of whatever product you’ve been smoking today :))

Back