The First Minister now has her say on the bottle incident

Now top headline on the Scotland section of the BBC website.

No surprise there from a propaganda perspective.

Now, as for the photograph of the bottles recovered, where did this come from?

It effectively accuses stewards of not searching fans properly before the game.

Unfortunately there are many in our support cannot see the bigger picture with regard to their behaviour and how people perceive us.

Our board, who have many faults, are trying to get us more marketable and to attract more sponsorship, with the ultimate aim of improving the quality of player on the pitch.

Many in this country seek to make our brand toxic for no reason other than who we are.

The numb nuts who want to behave how they like assist this agenda and have no regard that sponsors don't want to have their name associated with a toxic brand, whether its deserved or not.

Indeed. We have supporter complaints about sponsorship level, global brand and the lack of political influence, yet see little connection with their own behaviour.

We have an insular element that are more than happy to play up to the caricature. It's actually quite sad. I'm not looking forward to Braga; I fear there will be a songbook bringing further problems.

Quite amazing how Politicians always rush to get involved in football when there is any negative regarding us.

Where she should be sitting getting grilled over her Governments refusal to acknowledge the largest peadophile ring that operated in Scotland.
I hate her. But, she was bang on in her comments.
can we just for once face up to the fact we have some fans who are utter scumbags? Also we have some who would rather see parts of the ground shut down so they can sing about the pope or IRA.

I haven’t seen anyone defend the moronic behaviour involved here.

However, by asking Sturgeon about it the reporter was clearly intent on dragging the issue in to the political domain when the same rarely if ever applies to Celtic. The posters making this point are 100% correct.
We know that there are agitators in the media who are inclined to muckrake where we are concerned. She will have welcomed the opportunity to have her say though.

Stuff like this is unbecoming of the office and shows what a parochial little shithouse this place is and always will be.

If she had anything about her as a statesperson, she would merely have batted such questions away by saying that anti-social behaviour is an issue in society and will be dealt with appropriately by the relevant authorities.

But no, she goes into it like a parent admonishing a dimwitted child. She can’t help herself. She’s not dubbed Mother Superior for nothing.

The clowns in our support will always show us up and present opportunities for our haters to kick us but this bottle stuff is taking things to a wholly unwelcome place. The club need to come down hard on these people and nip this shit in the bud.

Sturgeon and BBC Scotland will go back into silence mode when the legal class action case succeeds, guaranteed.

Sturgeon and BBC Scotland will go back into silence mode when the legal class action case succeeds, guaranteed.
The media is so imbalanced that she will never be taken to task on that. They are setting up the whitewash as we speak and type. The Crown Office and the Judiciary have had their competence questioned over our liquidation in the last weeks and the same will happen when the inevitable absolving of blame occurs where the travesty of their child abuse scandal is concerned.

The impact that the UB banners about Neil Strachan, Torbett, King, Cairney, Stein, Burns et al and shame would have been minimal. The glass and injury to their backroomer has rendered it practically if not entirely invisible.

Great work. Not.

I also acknowledge her comments about mindless thuggery when 3 known Rangers establishments were attacked by masked thugs.

Oh, wait!!

I can read her like a Beano.

Thuggery like what happened yesterday was absolutely shameful and embarrassing but don't be an utter hypocrite and only call out whatever suits her agenda.

Funny how all those making comment have had nothing to say when our players were ACTUALLY attacked at Fir Park and Hampden.

Yesterday was an idiot throwing a bottle. Find them, arrest them, charge them, ban them from football. Solved.

The same politicans making comment today are the ones with glass on their hands, failing repeatedly to address the country's appalling relationship with alcohol and crime.

This. Our players were actually physically assaulted, and where was the concern for their welfare from politicians. ?

She would not congratulate the biggest institutions in her constituency of reaching the milestone of its 150th anniversary.
She refuses to do anything about what is now looking like the biggest CSA scandal in sport anywhere around the world.
But God is she quick at condemning is when she gets the chance to do so.

Just heard it as first story on BBC radio 2 sport headlines.

If politicians have commented it usually raises the profile of the story.

I hope those who threw bottles are absolutely hammered for embarrassing our club and our supporters and giving our enemies more ammo to fire at us.

Nobody has a right to throw missiles at anyone on the pitch or on trackside or in dugouts - doesn't matter who we are playing against - it isn't right and not befitting the standards that we should be setting for ourselves as Rangers supporters.

I remember the McKay incident and it speaks volumes for certain media people that they saw fit to ignore this but scream blue murder about events at Ibrox.

Doesn't change anything regarding the incident yesterday though.

Or .....we could take accountability and hammer the morons affecting our club!!! Just a thought FFS.

FFS

I can do that too

How to miss the point.

we all know what happened was disgraceful, and for what it’s worth the imbeciles flinging any missiles should be named, shamed and banned from Ibrox,

however

What did she say about the bottle throwing at Easter Road at Tavernier, what about the bottle throwing recently at Barrie McKay ?

What did she say about Porteous flinging a glass at a woman.

She either speaks up all the time or not at all and does not use incidents involving us for political gain, as that is all this is.

Last edited:
Where was her ...'Ach these things happen!'....response?
We like any other Club have an element of arseholes in our support but I for one am fed up with our Club doing the right thing e.g the supporters bus singing about Japanese Cousteau and taking action against it AND ISSUING AN APOLOGY, with comparison not whataboutery we have all seen the Cellic bus from Blantyre? singing/mocking David Murray now did Cellic take any action against that bus ban fans etc?....No! but we do but still get battered for any minor thing by Politicians, the mhedia bandwagon jumpers again e.g. the Players singing addons to Sweet Caroline and we still await an apology for that from DORNAN , Have Cellic apologised for the Peado ring no they regret does the mhedia when the story of Class Action and Sturgeon blocking on Social Media ask Sturgeon about that, we want parity on the field , in the media and everyday life instead of being treated like second class citizens in our Country.
Time to get smart and play the Natsi scum at their own game but the wokists on here moaning about the dig at them with 'This is the OLD FIRM'
Nippy should have been getting it for her Polis Alba not stopping bottles getting in to any ground in Scotland again Plod failing in their duties also any drug misuse get sniffer dogs at the turnstiles or in amongst the fans as they arrive, comments about a crush nearly happening again Polis Alba negligence akin to Hillsborough......I would refuse to pay their Bill for no service at all provided.

I dislike Sturgeon with a passion and yes I know she can be selective with her criticism but the bottle throwing yesterday deserves all the criticism going.
The moron(s) who threw stuff do deserve all the criticism going. As did the morons who pelted Barrie McKay, or the ones who bottled two 10 year old Rangers fans.

Where was Queen Nicola then?

Can't stand her but she was probably asked the question. Did anyone ever ask her for her comments when our keeper Wes Foderingham was almost struck with a flare

Nicola sturgeon is responsible for the deaths of elderly patients exposed to covid . So as she says I’ll take no lessons in morality from her .

But who in their right mind throws glass bottles at players ? From the boardroom to the stands the clubs a mess , what a sad state of affairs given where we were in may last year

We all know about the bottle in the goalmouth police are saying there looking at this incident not the first one that supposedly happened at the tunnel at half time, never seen any commotion around the tunnel at half time and we all know they play the victim card where are the photos of the guy way stitches ,not saying it never happened where is the proof

WATP

Like when the Peasants just missed Wes with a lit flare thrown from the Broomloan. Not one journo asked any politician about that incident. Strange that, eh. ?

We can all agree that we don't have the media on our side. It's not a surprise to anyone.

I'm afraid, we have too many enemies in the media only too willing to pose the question, citing public interest.

I detest her and her party, as much as anyone but likely, the question was posed to obtain a negative soundbite.

The moron(s) who threw stuff do deserve all the criticism going. As did the morons who pelted Barrie McKay, or the ones who bottled two 10 year old Rangers fans.

Where was Queen Nicola then?
That’s why I stated she is selective with her criticism.

Sturgeon selective as usual when she gets her tuppence worth in

Very quick with any negativity re our club or fans always

Not a single word about the industrial scale CSA at Parkpaed despite multiple convictions and in fact despite many attempts by victims and their families to contact her she has ignored them all

Sums up that attention seeking boot and shame on her for ignoring the much bigger scandal

Seriously, What do you expect when you have fans acting like a few did yesterday?
I expect equal condemnation of the dozens of incidents that their fans have been involved in. However the secessionists and particularly the chief mammy hate unionists and any true Ranger is a unionist. The muppets who claim to be bears and vote for this crew are crazy.
The people who feel the need to sneak bevy into games need to go and see a doctor they’re a disgrace to our club.

I've nor been searched in years.

Not that I have anything to hide.

The usual orchestrated media/politics/police Scotland pile on when it's anything involving us whilst the unavailable for comment reply prevails when it's the beasts involved.
The filth board and their stoogies in the press would already be on the front foot with isolated incidents,2 banned from stadium so matter dealt with,our fans hit with coins,broken toilets and would have released a statement with the hour telling nippy to rein it in
But then they wouldn't need the statement as she would have said nothing
The question would have been vetted and approved by her press team

First thing, has she been asked to comment on any other support throwing objects at opposition players?

Secondly, those responsible for throwing the objects are the ones that have loaded the gun for all and sundry to point the gun at us and take aim. As a club and as a support we are now wide open to condemnation on this matter because of these arseholes and we cannot be surprised.

That does not excuse her and others selectiveness when it comes to these incidents.

Quite amazing how Politicians always rush to get involved in football when there is any negative regarding us.

Where she should be sitting getting grilled over her Governments refusal to acknowledge the largest peadophile ring that operated in Scotland.
Keeps her core voters happy. If that happens the other way about, the silence would be deafening! It was wrong and a stupid thing to do from whoever done that on Sunday, but she couldn't wait to stick the boot in!

Or .....we could take accountability and hammer the morons affecting our club!!! Just a thought FFS.
You mean like what happened at Ibrox after the bottle incident where we apologized and had the person identified and banned within 2 days?

Meanwhile Paedo FC ignore their fans behaviour yesterday and gaslight back to the game at Ibrox

Last edited:
Back