The First Minister now has her say on the bottle incident

There's no question throwing a glass bottle is stupid beyond belief.

I just can't get my head round why a First Minister, or any political figurehead comments on topics surrounding football. Does Joe Biden give his opinion when an NFL player gets hit by a burger patty?

You'd think there are no other issues to deal with. Just seems a strange thing for a politician to comment on.

She was asked a direct question about the incident. As others have said , it’s an open goal for anyone who has an interest in harming us.
Unfortunately, she’s not wrong.
Couldn’t believe what I was seeing yesterday.

Strange that she only comments on the behaviour of Rangers fans.
The sooner she exits public life the better for everyone concerned including the See You Jimmy Party partisans and Brigadoon utopians.

Anything to deflect from the NHS shitshow. I’m surprised she hasn’t swapped her tartan facemask for a Ukrainian flag effort yet.

Despicable little bitch.

Why would rangers be commenting on the actions of another club?

Would be as well having a sub forum on here where people can just tenuously link absolutely everything and anything to child abuse as it’s how most threads end up.
Because they and every Rangers hating comment on anything neg to do with us.

Comments like yours show they walk all over us.

She's not wrong though, is she? As much as I hate that cow, there are far too many scumbags getting away with ridiculous behaviour lately and it's not just at our club.

We're going to get hammered for what happened yesterday.
Exactly, she was always going to be all over this, just like Joke McConnel back in 99:rolleyes:

Of course she is, it's politics for her demographic. She wouldn't talk about similar incidents from that lot, it's a deliberate choice she makes. The media are exactly the same, commentators etc. all guilty of it.

However, we keep on giving them that choice. That is the issue here, we aren't going to get equal treatment, so until we sort it out, the same old party lines will be towed.

It was mindless and thuggish behaviour!!!

For that reason, the idiots that did it deserve all the criticism they get!!

Her criticism is selective. Never heard a peep out of her when effigies of protestants and Rangers fans were being hung from the stands of the piggery. Or when a 9 year old Rangers fan was bottled on a supporters bus from the vermin.
I call her the “ghost” as you can see right though her, only comes out when she can have a kick at us, and she gives me the willies

You open the door for these people and the bull rush through expect many others following suit.

The club must address this issue but also remember folk like sturgeon it’s not a Rangers only problem as I seen on Twitter a vodka bottle was thrown at our players at Easter road and a fan attacked Tav also Still waiting on the Ricksen lighter incident.

Rangers need to take control and the narrative here but Mr Graham might be ordering more old firm arches:rolleyes:

The arseholes who shamed the club yesterday have given this ugly, rancid boot another chance to publicly shame us and no doubt her lackies in her pedo-protecting party will be getting their bit in for the next few days.

Well done, arseholes.

She blocked the survivors and their relatives who questioned her.
So no, she doesn't have to comment, she chooses to.

Sorry to use the sun for a link.

I knew about the Twitter thing. What I meant was do no journalists ever raise this with her?

Just waiting for mason & dornan to roll out their ainti catholic agendas now.

Certain elements in our support are hellbent on destroying our clubs reputation.....STOP IT NOW.

Don't use big words you don't understand. In order for whataboutery to be in action, one must be trying to condone one action by alluding to others who have done the same. For example, one that I believe you will be more than familiar with, "What about Neely and Dunn!!!" Now that's whatabobutery at it's vileist.

Exposing hypocrisy of people who highlight one and ignore others however, is so far from whataboutery that I shouldn't really need to explain it to you.

So what you've done is invent whataboutery in order to crticise someone who is actually making a valid point about the prejudice of others. The fact that you feel the need to do that means you don't like this valid point. Question then becomes of course, why would that be?

No, what he did was completely overlook the incident being referred to - without any condemnation whatsoever - but proceeded to reference a separate, completely unrelated - and some might say incomparable - incident and ask why Nicola Sturgeon failed to condemn the Tartan Army.

I'll simplify it for you - it's like being caught with your hand in the cash register ready to pocket a £100 note and when questioned on your actions, your reply being "aye, but you didn't shout at him when he smashed the window on Tuesday!"

Call it what you will; whataboutery, deflection, ignorance. Either way, it's a stupid response to completely valid criticism.

She's not wrong though, is she? As much as I hate that cow, there are far too many scumbags getting away with ridiculous behaviour lately and it's not just at our club.

We're going to get hammered for what happened yesterday.
She's strangely silent on "thuggish and sectarian behaviour" by Celtic fans.

A convenient diversion from their corruption and other incompetence, she couldn’t have timed it better, well done to the wan.knee who threw it.

Aye, clearly. Will regret it for the rest of there life.

Someone willing to launch glass bottles at people, including a pitch where there are players from there own club, deserves not to be walking around with the rest of us. They will be more than willing to do the same on a night out.

Someone who throws glass bottles in public will also be regretting nothing, we all know the type of Glasgow fucktard that does that kind of thing. Only 'regret' they will have is if they get a football ban and a long jail term.

She’s a duplicitous gargoyle boot

If there’s no bottles thrown she’s not mentioning this though

Truth hurts but We have a sizeable element of absolute scum in our support

In fairness, she's only talking about the incidents that almost everyone is now talking about. It's a sad day when you feel awkward admitting you're a Rangers supporter when you're immediately tarred with the same brush as the scummy basstords that threw the bottles.

Her criticism is selective. Never heard a peep out of her when effigies of protestants and Rangers fans were being hung from the stands of the piggery. Or when a 9 year old Rangers fan was bottled on a supporters bus from the vermin.
She responds to questions asked. I hate the cow but ask yourself do you really think our scummy media is asking questions about their favourite team?

Yes there are incidents she should have condemned in the past & everyone can have opinions on her politics but at the end of the day anyone throwing glass bottles should be being called out by everyone. Fact is they were in the wrong & have given people the opportunity to criticise.

Another bottle incident which Sturgeon said nothing about.

One is plastic and another is glass. Last time I checked a plastic bottle wasn’t able to smash on someone’s head, cut their face open or leave them with scars for the rest of their life.

She was asked a direct question about the incident. As others have said , it’s an open goal for anyone who has an interest in harming us.
Unfortunately, she’s not wrong.
Couldn’t believe what I was seeing yesterday.

I see.

No, she is definitely not wrong and I agree with that.
In that case, it is probably a strange thing to ask a leading politician a question about a football related incident (in general). What is the relevance of her input on the matter?

Anyway, I hope it gets dealt with and whoever did that gets banned for life.

Politically as a club we are an open goal for these people. It does not help when the support are setting the goals up. Does not matter if it 1 idiot or 10 we all get smeared the same.

Sick of people thinking she was waiting for this.

There is literally nobody else to blame for this apart from the wanker who threw it. Of course she'll wade in about something that happened in the biggest game in the country.

You open the door for these people and the bull rush through expect many others following suit.

The club must address this issue but also remember folk like sturgeon it’s not a Rangers only problem as I seen on Twitter a vodka bottle was thrown at our players at Easter road and a fan attacked Tav also Still waiting on the Ricksen lighter incident.

Rangers need to take control and the narrative here but Mr Graham might be ordering more old firm arches:rolleyes:
And the Nacho Novo mobile phone thrower.

A lot of strange replies on this thread.
Let’s look at the facts
Sturgeon was asked a direct and specific question about the bottle throwing situation at Ibrox yesterday
She replied to that directly and you have to say she nailed the response.
There a great many posters on here immediately start saying “what about this and that”
The clip shown was very specific, you would definitely not expect her to respond to a very specific question about bottle throwing yesterday by listing other incidents would you?
If you do think that then it’s you that has the problem.
Bottle throwing incidents like that are so depressing, I wasn’t brought up to do that.
I hope Rangers have the CCTV and shop the b.astard involved

Someone willing to launch glass bottles at people, including a pitch where there are players from there own club, deserves not to be walking around with the rest of us. They will be more than willing to do the same on a night out.

Someone who throws glass bottles in public will also regret nothing, we all know the type of Glasgow fucktard that does that kind of thing. Only 'regret' they will have is if they get a football ban and a long jail term.
You’ve edited out part of my post which I’m complaining about.

You’ve gone over the top wishing death upon someone.

I'm not sure thuggish is the adjective most would use but no matter, if the loonball who threw the bottle is under 18 the SNP will see they get proper care and support.

Maybe if the scumbags in our support never gave her the opportunity then there would be nothing to talk about.
Certainly would be nothing to talk about by her, thats for sure. Hibs fans have been lobbing bottles on the park to their hearts content the last few years and she has never once mentioned it. You cant defend the idiot yesterday but by fuuck i know double standards when i see them.

A lot of strange replies on this thread.
Let’s look at the facts
Sturgeon was asked a direct and specific question about the bottle throwing situation at Ibrox yesterday
She replied to that directly and you have to say she nailed the response.
There a great many posters on here immediately start saying “what about this and that”
The clip shown was very specific, you would definitely not expect her to respond to a very specific question about bottle throwing yesterday by listing other incidents would you?
If you do think that then it’s you that has the problem.
Bottle throwing incidents like that are so depressing, I wasn’t brought up to do that.
I hope Rangers have the CCTV and shop the b.astard involved
The person will be identified and banned. And that is all the club can do.
Unfortunately as I said yesterday if this was a Celtic supporter throwing a bottle at the Rangers goalkeeper at Parkhead, there is absolutely zero chance they would be identified and their club would not even mention the incident.

Maybe if the scumbags in our support never gave her the opportunity then there would be nothing to talk about.
Maybe if there was a level playing field and every support was treated the same then people might listen to her. The very last people I care about offending is the Scottish Sinn fein party.

Just a thought, if the moronic knuckle dragger hadn't thrown the bottle, she would’t have been able to mention it, would she.
Can’t stand her, but shes said nothing wrong there.
If people amongst us are thick enough to keep supplying the ammunition, those who hate us will keep using it.
To see posters quoting the behaviour of their supporters and the lack of response to it, as some sort of warped plea in mitigation, is utterly depressing, and completely misses the point.
I we are to claim we are better than them, we shouldn’t be doing this sort of thing. Full stop.
Cretins like these don’t support Rangers, they are toy town neds, who need weeded out and yes “grassed on“ forth with.
%^*& them and the horse they rode in on.

She's absolutely right in what she says but her double standards here are absolutely stark. Did she come out and say something similar after some of the scenes at parkhead in recent months and years? I honestly can't recall.

And yet Rangers fans actually vote for her.

Despise her but 100% agree with her here. Anybody throwing a glass bottle at somebody's head is absolute pondlife.

She's absolutely right in what she says but her double standards here are absolutely stark. Did she come out and say something similar after some of the scenes at parkhead in recent months and years? I honestly can't recall.

And yet Rangers fans actually vote for her.
Was she asked about it?

2 Threads on this and too many on both happy to go along with Sturgeon who is using it for her own ends.
It happened and it will be dealt with accordingly, we don't need her input on it, or anything else relating to Rangers.
She wasn't so vocal with any support 10 years ago.

Back