The First Minister now has her say on the bottle incident

If you behave like a Dick people can call you a Dick.
Don’t behave like a Dick and you can defend yourself from attack, behave like a Dick and it’s open season.

Don't condone the behaviour of some in our support!

That said, she is responsible for the hatred shown to others who have differing views from each other in this country, be it football, race, religion, politics, she and her cult have got us to a stage where you can no longer have an opposing view. If you do, you are met with cyber bulling, violence, the list goes on, no matter which side of the fence you are on.

Would anybody bet against the manky mob using the bottle throwing yesterday as an excuse not to give us tickets for the piggery

Sadly their is an element in our support who constantly bring the wrong type of media attention with down right stupidity
As there is at any club. I'd obviously stop short of defending the idiotic behaviour but let's not be lectured by individuals with a track record of throwing missiles. I'm sure Hugh Dallas, Barrie McKay , police Scotland, and even their own directors would agree.

Another bottle incident which Sturgeon said nothing about.

I think a lot of the problem is that our media and politicians are demonstrably selective with when they criticise… and when that happens you open the door to the dreaded “whataboutery” and for people to up the ante.

Celtic supporters started the day by trying to damage the shutters over the gates at Ibrox so that it would cause Rangers trouble when letting the crowds in.

Bottles have been thrown towards players in Scottish grounds so often in recent years that we now have a trend.
Supporters have been jumping on to the pitch and confronting players, some aggressively like Tav at Easter Road, some just wanting players’ tops… either way it’s against the ground regulations but seems to be treated like a bit of exuberance depending on who is doing it.

We need consistency in response.

Both Rangers and Celtic should be condemning the incidents with the shutters and the bottles and very publicly banning anyone identifies as being involved.
Don’t leave it to the politicians because they don’t work without an agenda.

There's no question throwing a glass bottle is stupid beyond belief.

I just can't get my head round why a First Minister, or any political figurehead comments on topics surrounding football. Does Joe Biden give his opinion when an NFL player gets hit by a burger patty?

You'd think there are no other issues to deal with. Just seems a strange thing for a politician to comment on.
She's obviously been asked a question by a reporter. I can't stand her, but I don't think she's went on some random rant. It's not really a question she could have just ignored.

Sturgeon her party and followers are responsible for the Continued tensions arising in this country, when you start to demonise one section of the community (us) it's inevitable people will have enough,people's built up anger and sense of injustice will only end up one way. Absolutely sick of the double standards

Or .....we could take accountability and hammer the morons affecting our club!!! Just a thought FFS.
We are. And we don't need Sturgeon to stick her oar in. Unlike some clubs, there has been no deny, deflect and sweep under the carpet tactics. The moron(s) involved will rightly be hammered and hopefully publicly named & shamed if and when identified.

She's obviously been asked a question by a reporter. I can't stand her, but I don't think she's went on some random rant. It's not really a question she could have just ignored.

I agree that she cannot ignore a question like that obviously, and I'd hope any sane person would agree with the response.

What I do question though is why a leading political figure gets asked a question about a football related incident. What is the value of her input in such things when there are far more important questions that need asked of any government? I can't remember reporters asking our previous Bundeskanzler Gerhard Schröder about Oliver Kahn getting struck on the head with a golf ball.

I'm not for a minute attempting to play down the incident, I just don't get the relevance or logic asking Sturgeon about the incident, especially when the response is obvious.

We are. And we don't need Sturgeon to stick her oar in. Unlike some clubs, there has been no deny, deflect and sweep under the carpet tactics. The moron(s) involved will rightly be hammered and hopefully publicly named & shamed if and when identified.
What the fk dod you think would happen after that behaviour. Wake up!

Maybe if the scumbags in our support never gave her the opportunity then there would be nothing to talk about.
That’s not true.
It’s been pointed out that there is plenty to talk about.
However, it’s only incidents involving Rangers support in a negative way that she jumps in.

She’s been caught out as a liar time and time again since she came to office.
Nobody should listen to a word she says.
Yeah pal, I know.
Here’s my opinion, I don’t like the woman as she is morally corrupt and a liar, like you said.

But at the end of the day, some idiot could have seriously injured one of our own players, let alone one of them.
What if there is still a piece of glass on the park and one of our own gets cut open on it!

She’s a… but she is also right to call this out.

Politicians in Scotland don't want to get involved in the situation at Celtic as they see it as a vote loser,

Shocking as that might sound they have a long history of negative comments towards our club,

I think most of our clubs fan base know why this is

The idiots responsible for the incidents of bottle throwing must be banned.

They have given our enemies a stick to beat us with and the likes of Sturgeon will only be too happy to respond to specific questions without - for once - trying to avoid directly answering the question.

I agree that she cannot ignore a question like that obviously, and I'd hope any sane person would agree with the response.

What I do question though is why a leading political figure gets asked a question about a football related incident. What is the value of her input in such things when there are far more important questions that need asked of any government? I can't remember reporters asking our previous Bundeskanzler Gerhard Schröder about Oliver Kahn getting struck on the head with a golf ball.

I'm not for a minute attempting to play down the incident, I just don't get the relevance or logic asking Sturgeon about the incident, especially when the response is obvious.
It's an open goal for nationalist/celtic minded journalists to ask the question about yesterday.

Unfortunately the same people do ignore stuff that goes the other direction.

Would she comment on a man glassing someone in an establishment like the corinthian for example? Or even a pub in her own constituency? Or a certain club across the cities past shameful behaviour? No. She's an odious wee snide fanny. Can read her like a book. Guy throwing bottle was 100% wrong but need to condemn all bad behaviour or none.

Edit to make it clearer and remove daft patter.
Slightly different, we are being broadcasted around the world with role models on show, thats not going to easily pass when we have some absolute morons in our support highlighting something so fkn stupid to the world. We will never hear about a broken bottle in a nightclub ‍♂️

Maybe she should talk about the potential for a serious crushing incident outside our stadium due to police scotlands barriers.
By and large football fans are treated like cattle by the police. Our civil rights are routinely ignored and we’re dealt with in a way that’s completely unacceptable.

I took dogs abuse on the old board for suggesting that we should have worked with Celtc fans to protest the ‘Offensive behaviour at football‘ Act, but I stand by the point - the police have targeted Rangers fans, but by forming, in effect a union with fans of other teams we could have opposed the act AND our treatment. The police and the government rely on and sow disunity, all because that way it’s much easier to trample on our rights and not have mass protests about it. Non supporting members of the public then buy into the ‘thuggish Gers’ narrative and PR. A united fans group composed of Rangers, Celtc, Aberdeen, Hearts etc fans couldn’t be ignored as easily or briefed against.

The way supporters were penned in with no ability to change route is outrageous. The fact that a crush was risked with lives at stake wasn’t a consideration for Police Scotland. As far as the police are concerned, we’re so,etching to be controlled and coerced. Even daring to try and remonstrate with a police officer would likely see one of us arrested rather than concerns being listed to or strategy explained. And the idea that a chief super might take into account our feelings, or our wellbeing is unimaginable. As far as they’re concerned, we’re owed nothing. It needs to change, and we can’t do it on our own.

Last edited:
Arseholes launching bottles at people opened the door for Nationalist politicians to turn up the heat on football club with strong Unionist identity.

They are politicians, they don’t care about being even-handed or balanced… they want to convince people that voting for them is a good idea.

In Scotland the Rangers/Unionist = Bad narrative is vital to the Nationalist politicians.
Why some idiots in our support decide to make that really easy for them is beyond me.

We deserve everything we get in the press when we have brain dead morons acting like this, I'm not sure how anyone can be annoyed buy this.
We really don’t. Why should you and I, who are completely innocent of any crime be regarded as guilty by association for the actions of what, 5 people in the stadium? Those 5 folk are scum, make no mistake, but let’s be clear, they’re bugger all to do with you or I. If I was in a pub and someone glassed another punter would I expect to be tarred with that same brush? Nope.

The news should reflect on the criminals. That’s not a ‘Rangers fan’ issue or even an ‘old firm’ issue.

people should expect that the bottle throwing should be mentioned, but not that we should all be associated with it.

There is clearly an issue with booze being smuggled into the stadium..
Those that chucked bottles or coins will hopefully be identified. Named and jailed.

I despise her but this is all on the arseholes in our support who continually attract these headlines with with their own fckwittery.

Instead of complaining about those who always comment on these types of incidents when it’s our fans, how about the absolute weapons learn not to do it in the first place?

Utter shit on the shoes of society these dickheads.

Can’t argue with the fact that we presented the cow with a perfect opportunity to attack us. So one-sided though, for example when she and her merry band ignored all calls for parliamentary recognition of our 150th anniversary. The same malaise that infects the Scottish football authorities and refs/linesmen.

Not really surprising she has commented tbf. One of the most brain dead moments I have ever seen by a “supporter” at a football match happened during the biggest derby in Scotland yesterday.

I despise this woman for the poisonous, virtue signalling @rsehole that she is but I'm afraid some people in our support, who should be nowhere near our stadium, give her and her ilk all the reason, as if they need any, to put the boot in and to demonise us all at any opportunity.

Last edited:
Funny how all those making comment have had nothing to say when our players were ACTUALLY attacked at Fir Park and Hampden.

Yesterday was an idiot throwing a bottle. Find them, arrest them, charge them, ban them from football. Solved.

The same politicans making comment today are the ones with glass on their hands, failing repeatedly to address the country's appalling relationship with alcohol and crime.

When an arsehole thinks it's ok to throw a glass bottle onto the field of play they all come out the woodwork! The haters of our club don't need much to come at us!! Stop giving them ammunition like on Sunday then they can't stick the boot in!! It's as simple as that.

Will be comments from all quarters regarding the bottle being thrown and that wiggy cow will be no different sticking her oar in

Couldn’t wait could she? Don’t think she’s wrong tbf, absolute weapons in the support

She gets involved in everything that she shouldn't though.

Why not stick to getting her own house in order, the missing 600k, the ferry fiasco etc. Cutting about in cars, and telling folk to use public transport....just a few.

But no. Just poke yer nose into stuff that should be dealt with the relevant authorities.

Although it does seem to be always to be directed at us.

It was no problem with the shark throwing at the police at paedodome.

Never seen her condoning that.

I cannot stand sturgeon and her double standards and agenda are crystal clear whenever she comments on us.

However how many times are we going to be here?

I’m pushing 50 and a lot of the highs and lows of being a bear I’d never want to change.

But one thing is a constant and that is being made to feel like a scumbag and looked down upon for supporting us because we have an element within our support who prioritise singing about the Pope, Bobby sands, drinking buckfast doing Coke and basically making an absolute cant of themselves time and again in our name.

There must come a time when the club say enough is enough and properly distance ourselves from these people, don’t care if they go home and away or how” loyal “ they claim to be. The club don’t need and cannot continue to be a vehicle for these morons any more.

If we don’t act promptly we will become so toxic in our own country nobody will want associated with us.

It’s harming the brand it’s harming our reputation and it’s putting people off taking kids to games.

I’m fully prepared to be called a panty wetter etc for my comments but I’m long past caring.

When you have been going to games as long as I have or maybe even longer we all know the people doing this shit time after time. It’s become a total redneck and millstone around the club.
Unfortunately there are many in our support cannot see the bigger picture with regard to their behaviour and how people perceive us.

Our board, who have many faults, are trying to get us more marketable and to attract more sponsorship, with the ultimate aim of improving the quality of player on the pitch.

Many in this country seek to make our brand toxic for no reason other than who we are.

The numb nuts who want to behave how they like assist this agenda and have no regard that sponsors don't want to have their name associated with a toxic brand, whether its deserved or not.

She was asked a direct question about the incident. As others have said , it’s an open goal for anyone who has an interest in harming us.
Unfortunately, she’s not wrong.
Couldn’t believe what I was seeing yesterday.
The media will leap on anything that is remotely newsworthy. She might not have volunteered an opinion unprompted but she’ll doubtless have mentally rubbed her hands at the opportunity to land a blow. A chance to placate RC SNP republicans and anti-British/English blowhards if you will.

The club need to crack down on these clowns who think that they are entitled to behave any which way that they like.

I’m sure Robertson can see that task far enough as he desperately tries to keep punters onside thanks to the short shrift reception that the Rolf Harris Cup received.

What creases me is that these self-styled defenders of the faith think that that they speak for the rest of us and that they can act with impunity.

They certainly don’t represent me.

A lot of strange replies on this thread.
Let’s look at the facts
Sturgeon was asked a direct and specific question about the bottle throwing situation at Ibrox yesterday
She replied to that directly and you have to say she nailed the response.
There a great many posters on here immediately start saying “what about this and that”
The clip shown was very specific, you would definitely not expect her to respond to a very specific question about bottle throwing yesterday by listing other incidents would you?
If you do think that then it’s you that has the problem.
Bottle throwing incidents like that are so depressing, I wasn’t brought up to do that.
I hope Rangers have the CCTV and shop the b.astard involved
She saw fit to bring Rangers and Ayr United into it when the filth attacked their players last season.
She wasn't asked about our fans, but we still had to be mentioned.

So yes, we should expect her to respond to a very specific incident by mentioning others, she does have previous after all.

Back