The First Minister now has her say on the bottle incident

Whataboutery at its best this. Some dafty within our support threw a smashed glass bottle onto the park yesterday. Try condemning that before pointing elsewhere.
Don't use big words you don't understand. In order for whataboutery to be in action, one must be trying to condone one action by alluding to others who have done the same. For example, one that I believe you will be more than familiar with, "What about Neely and Dunn!!!" Now that's whatabobutery at it's vileist.

Exposing hypocrisy of people who highlight one and ignore others however, is so far from whataboutery that I shouldn't really need to explain it to you.

So what you've done is invent whataboutery in order to crticise someone who is actually making a valid point about the prejudice of others. The fact that you feel the need to do that means you don't like this valid point. Question then becomes of course, why would that be?

She should condemn other incidents

But it's hard to fault her here. It's one thing to throw tennis balls but broken glass is another thing. Imagine there was a bit of glass still on the field and someone like tav had their leg ripped open by it

Tell you what is mindless thuggish behaviour. You’re boss and mate Salmond’s actions and you defending them

As usual, she’s a horrible nationalist lady's front bottom sticking the boot in because he cult lap it up.

Makes me sick we invited that scumbag Yousef to our stadium recently.

There's no question throwing a glass bottle is stupid beyond belief.

I just can't get my head round why a First Minister, or any political figurehead comments on topics surrounding football. Does Joe Biden give his opinion when an NFL player gets hit by a burger patty?

You'd think there are no other issues to deal with. Just seems a strange thing for a politician to comment on.

I utterly despise her but she is absolutely correct in this instance. The whataboutery is predictable and part of the issue.

There is an element of our support that needs to be dealt with otherwise the name of the club will continue to be dragged through the mud.

She's not wrong is she ?

If Clyde have asked the question what is she supposed to say ?

Maybe the question should be why have the media not asked for quotes on other the incidents mentioned above.

She clearly hasn't called a press conference in front of some pot noodles to discuss a football game.

I'm not a fan of her in the slightest, and I know that this incident plays right into the nats hands, but she's not wrong if we're being honest. It was a disgrace, thankfully it could have been much worse and a nightmare scenario was avoided.

She is getting battered on all fronts from ferries to PF looking at perjury by some people at Salmond trial - we give her and the SG spin doctors an opportunity to move agenda of Scotlands media (who are already looking for stores to damage us) they will grab it - yet another open goal from our idiotic boozed up neds.

I cannot stand sturgeon and her double standards and agenda are crystal clear whenever she comments on us.

However how many times are we going to be here?

I’m pushing 50 and a lot of the highs and lows of being a bear I’d never want to change.

But one thing is a constant and that is being made to feel like a scumbag and looked down upon for supporting us because we have an element within our support who prioritise singing about the Pope, Bobby sands, drinking buckfast doing Coke and basically making an absolute cant of themselves time and again in our name.

There must come a time when the club say enough is enough and properly distance ourselves from these people, don’t care if they go home and away or how” loyal “ they claim to be. The club don’t need and cannot continue to be a vehicle for these morons any more.

If we don’t act promptly we will become so toxic in our own country nobody will want associated with us.

It’s harming the brand it’s harming our reputation and it’s putting people off taking kids to games.

I’m fully prepared to be called a panty wetter etc for my comments but I’m long past caring.

When you have been going to games as long as I have or maybe even longer we all know the people doing this shit time after time. It’s become a total redneck and millstone around the club.

It was thuggish behavior but was it a hail of bottles or a single bottle,
There is absolutely no defense for it but I’m still not sure if it was one cxxt single bottle one cxxt with multiple arms and bottles or multiple fans with single bottles.

erm people in class house shouldn't throw stones, she's done way worse

Not supporting bottles being thrown, crazy thing to do

Not even listening to what she has to say cow makes no difference to me there would be silence if this was done elsewhere simple. .

Her criticism is selective. Never heard a peep out of her when effigies of protestants and Rangers fans were being hung from the stands of the piggery. Or when a 9 year old Rangers fan was bottled on a supporters bus from the vermin.

This, she is not wrong but she needs to be over the board to be taken seriously.

If we give these people the platform why should we be surprised when they use it to grandstand? Ffs.
The most surprising thing is that there is an element in our support happy to act like mentally challenged scumbags. No one can deflect this behaviour by moaning about wee nippy. It is so far out of order as to be beyond that.

I have no issue with what she says here. It is thuggish behaviour. My issue is that she, and the rest of her party, remain silent on prolonged abusive that caused actual harm to possibly hundreds of young boys.
I was thinking about this earlier. So folk ever ask her about the abuse? I see in the above she has specifically been asked about the bottle incident so has to comment.

We don’t fail to give them the ammo they crave.Let’s face it we have an element of loonies that attach themselves to our club.We will always have them it seems and no amount of shaming detracts them.

Don't use big words you don't understand. In order for whataboutery to be in action, one must be trying to condone one action by alluding to others who have done the same. For example, one that I believe you will be more than familiar with, "What about Neely and Dunn!!!" Now that's whatabobutery at it's vileist.

Exposing hypocrisy of people who highlight one and ignore others however, is so far from whataboutery that I shouldn't really need to explain it to you.

So what you've done is invent whataboutery in order to crticise someone who is actually making a valid point about the prejudice of others. The fact that you feel the need to do that means you don't like this valid point. Question then becomes of course, why would that be?
There are a million other things the cow can, and should be, pulled up on. She is a hypocrite, she is a bigot, she is a failure etc.

This time she is correct. Not often I say that. Doesn’t matter about anything else. If my wee boy bottles a lad in the street it's not a defence to say but Declan two doors down got away with one and nobody said anything.

Whoever threw that bottle is a prick. They should be jailed for a short period and banned for life from all football.

Rangers have to go after her and the rest of them. We have nothing to lose. It's always going to be a 1 way street in terms of neg reporting.

Rangers should be demanding to know why she refuses to condem celtic over child abuse. We need to showing the blatant bias from her.

We can go after the fans that did this and her, its not 1 or the other.
Why would rangers be commenting on the actions of another club?

Would be as well having a sub forum on here where people can just tenuously link absolutely everything and anything to child abuse as it’s how most threads end up.

There are a million other things the cow can, and should be, pulled up on. She is a hypocrite, she is a bigot, she is a failure etc.

This time she is correct. Not often I say that. Doesn’t matter about anything else. If my wee boy bottles a lad in the street it's not a defence to say but Declan two doors down got away with one and nobody said anything.

Whoever threw that bottle is a prick. They should be jailed for a short period and banned for life from all football.
And no one is saying she is not correct, are they?

Was there ever any comment about the behaviour of the tims at the piggery when they attacked their own players with bricks and bottles..last season? Usual to be expected , one way street , having said that I assume and hope they'll have more success in catching the r.soles throwing the bottles than they have when paddy are involved.

She's in desperate need for something to distract from the ferry scandal.

Some cretins gave it to her yesterday. Our support fall for it constantly.

That word Whataboutery the fukin silver bullet to shut down debate
Exactly - good job it doesn't work on everyone. You cannot address the root cause without making a full inventory of the problem and that goes beyond the idiots in our support and the politics at play for selfish ends.

I was thinking about this earlier. So folk ever ask her about the abuse? I see in the above she has specifically been asked about the bottle incident so has to comment.
She blocked the survivors and their relatives who questioned her.
So no, she doesn't have to comment, she chooses to.

Sorry to use the sun for a link.

Hopefully whoever threw that bottle yesterday is laying dead in drunken/coke OD.

Will do society a favour.

Back