The galling thing is Celtic are bang average

They do what they do well, fast pace, good passing, press teams. But we know how to contain them now

Reality is that we didn't take advantage in the autumn when they were getting beat/ dropping points.

Less said about post-winter break, the better.

Play the new year game when it should have been played and we're drinking champagne right now.

Totally wasted transfer window. Effectively zero players brought in and as a result we’re playing without a first class striker in a European semifinal. Pull out all the stops in January should have got us the league (£40m) and a far better chance of a Euro final. As it stands we’re going into Thursdays game without a striker.

Totally wasted transfer window. Effectively zero players brought in and as a result we’re playing without a first class striker in a European semifinal. Pull out all the stops in January should have got us the league (£40m) and a far better chance of a Euro final. As it stands we’re going into Thursdays game without a striker.
We haven’t bought a player in the last 3 transfer windows never mind the last one , Ramsey just never got fit enough for us then again he shouldn’t have been taken off at Ibrox.

Totally gutted we gave up 56 so easily, but it’s all our own fault. After a shaky start, Gio seems to now get it. Little bit more passion in interviews please Gio.
It looks like Scottish cup and hopefully Europa final at the very least, the foundation’s are there for a rebuild, the players seem to adapting well to Gio.
56 next season Rangers. WATP

We have been guilty of throwing this league and 40m away to them.
We are without doubt the better team. We had a manager leave halfway through the season and you will never convince me some of our players didn’t suspect it. The drop off around Christmas and early this year again was unbelievable.
We again have carried the entire coefficient in Europe and this run deep into the tournament has without question affected our energy in league games. We need a couple of real quality additions in the summer but financially the loss of direct champions league qualification money will badly hinder our spending.
A cup final win against Hearts won’t soften the blow especially knowing a pure pish dark side have taken the title with a totally inferior team. All our hopes are pinned on Thursday. Let’s hope we can do the almost impossible.

I posted a thread after the game at Ibrox

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/worst-celtic-team-i’ve-seen-come-to-Ibrox-and-win.200625/

We went there today missing Helander, Balogun, Ramsay, Hagi, Morelos and Roofe. They were effectively at full strength, we have had games back to back travelling all over Europe for weeks, and dominated.

Losing 2-1 to the Scum at Ibrox after being 1-0 up didn't help though.
Mate, going through the season unbeaten against the Scum (again)was going to be a big ask.
Although loosing 2 games to them isnt "helpful" we would be on top if we had put the other dross to the sword

Mate, going through the season unbeaten against the Scum was going to be a big ask.
Although loosing 2 games to them isnt "helpful" we would be on top if we had put the other dross to the sword
I agree. Still didn't help after dropping points to the others as well.

Every one of their signings look what they paid for them, they’re absolutely rotten , individual errors cost us the league

Yeah lets hope he has woken up now the league is over with 3 games to go. Wish he woke up after sitting back and getting humped 3-0 against them.
You’re right mate, it was like , Advocaats first game at parkhead , totally underestimated the task in hand..

We were never going to be allowed to win this year.

Clancy's performance against Aberdeen showed this with Kent being sent off for two yellows neither of which were yellow.

their record in Europe this season would suggest they are actually below average. What were we January - March in the league? Terrible and those months killed us.

Let’s be honest, domestically we have been bang average all season too.

At one point we lead by 6.

When you defend the way we do - error prone every game and fail to put chances away, you pay the price.

Even today. Just look at the defending for their goal. The opportunities we missed. Kent misses, Jota scores. The league is done but a win today would have made it a bit more interesting. Sadly we passed up three great opportunities against absolute dross.

When all is said and done, they've been more consistent over the period than us. Why that is is ofcourse debatable, but after 38 games, the team sitting at the top deserves the title.

I think, grudgingly, that we have to accept their domestic run has been frightening. About 28 games or something unbeaten.

However, nobody will convince me that our key injuries haven’t cost us the league. We are yet to play them with our full strength team and they have taken 6 points off us to our 3. We have also missed guys like hagi and davis for many games against the jobbers.

Losing the league to a team that consists of guys like Ralston, Taylor and Maeda. It’s a horrific failure.

Gerrard fucked it. We were woeful early in the season.

I think Gio is now getting it, but we paid for having him come in mid season, he had no idea in January.

We threw it away but to be fair they have a better defensive record, a better scoring record and have went around 30 games unbeaten in the league. If they are average we aren’t any better

Losing the league to a team that consists of guys like Ralston, Taylor and Maeda. It’s a horrific failure.

I think Gio is now getting it, but we paid for having him come in mid season, he had no idea in January.

We were 7 points clear when Gerrard left I think. The winter break fucked it.

We were well ahead of the filth when Gerrard left, he also had the measure of the mhanks and would never have oversaw a capitulation at the Piggery.

M
They are bang average, it’s actually ridiculous we have handed them the title and Champions League money.

A side with a smattering of poor Japanese players, a defence with Greg Taylor, Starfelt and Tony feckin Ralston, Joe Hart and a couple of decent loan players.

Gio has hopefully woken up to the fact now, last couple of old firm games have shown that he knows how to play them, there can be no repeat next season.
Mate they took 7pts off us in the league this year no excuses this is down to the players & the board not managing the football side of thing's correctly we should have strengthened when on top , some of the Patterson/Gerrard money should have been spent on the first 11 buy two starters & we would have won the league & collected the 30/40 million that go with it , criminal from the board if they can't push us on move aside & let people who can .

We were well ahead of the filth when Gerrard left, he also had the measure of the mhanks and would never have oversaw a capitulation at the Piggery.

He left us mate. Mid season.

Our points average before and after he left has been consistent.

Gio took a moment to figure them out, but he has.

It was under Gerrard’s watch that we signed Sakala, Wright, Itten and Roofe instead of one competent and reliable backup for Alfie.

The harsh reality is that after a pretty horrid start, they’re going to win the league with 95 points. It’s a decent tally.

It doesn’t help when the rest of the league are so so shit. It’s all about relatively. And although this is a poor Celtic side, it’s still way better than everyone bar us.

If Doncaster and his cronies could actually sell the country’s national game, other clubs might be able to make a bit more of a fist of it and we might be able to have some modicum of hope that they would drop points against other clubs.

To date we have dropped 25 points and most of them to total hammer throwing shite in the SPL.

Take the fact that they are a shite team we have been woeful at times, as others have pointed out the likes of Motherwell and Aberdeen have hoovered points from us.

We need to be consistent and play like every match is a cup final.

We desperately need to freshenup squad with starting 11 players and not gap fillers, to many in the squad miles past their prime.

I don’t have a lot of confidence that the board and Wilson have it in them to turn this around and that we won’t again be scratching around the out of contract market place trying to find gold.

We need serious money put in to the team if we want to progress, is there money there and will it get spent ??

If we go out on Thursday then I know what position id rather be in come Friday morning.
I get what your saying but even if we don’t make the Final we have had more positivity towards us from outside this Country in what that mob have achieved in the last 10 years ,Football Supporters remember runs like ours no one cares who wins the SPFL yes it’s painful just now but that’s what makes you a Rangers Supporter.

A better January window and I think we win a treble in the second half of the season.

In the summer GVB must be allowed to bring his own signings in and be backed financially do that and we'll win the treble next season.

It's up to us to dispatch the cannon fodder so the games against them have less influence.

Granted refereeing has gone against us on a few occasions this season but we should be dispatching the rest of the league with relative ease. We haven't, occasionally at home, and it has cost us big-time.

Back