The galling thing is Celtic are bang average

He left us mate. Mid season.

Our points average before and after he left has been consistent.

Gio took a moment to figure them out, but he has.

It was under Gerrard’s watch that we signed Sakala, Wright, Itten and Roofe instead of one competent and reliable backup for Alfie.
Doesn’t alter the fact that Gerrard had us ahead of the mhanks and he had the measure of them.

Gio took more than a moment to figure them out to be fair, his 2 old firm losses are a huge factor in us losing the title.

Doesn’t alter the fact that Gerrard had us ahead of the mhanks and he had the measure of them.

Gio took more than a moment to figure them out to be fair, his 2 old firm losses are a huge factor in us losing the title.

Why was it Gio came in part way through the season?

An, because Gerrard left.

Had Gerrard taken points against Dundee Utd, and wins at home vs Motherwell and Hearts, we’d have been ahead at the moment.

League is over a season, every point worth the same.

Why was it Gio came in part way through the season?

An, because Gerrard left.

Had Gerrard taken points against Dundee Utd, and wins at home vs Motherwell and Hearts, we’d have been ahead at the moment.

League is over a season, every point worth the same.
Yes and when Gerrard left we were well ahead, why can’t you understand that, we had the measure of the filth, that’s an undeniable fact.

If you had said when Gio took over, we would surrender a lead, drop lots of stupid points, lose heavily to the filth at Parkhead, lose to them at Ibrox and gift them the title, you would have been laughed at.

Do you really not see the difference in these 2 scenarios?
Of course I do but let's be honest it shouldn't have mattered how much time we got added on v Ross County, dropping 2 points there was inexcusable. It's not the only instance of that this season and it's what's cost us in the end.

I think it's obvious we have a better side. Anybody think they could make a Euro semi? Boyd hit the nail on the head pre match. It was thrown away by a blip of bad form while they kept on winning.

If I’d have known he was going I wish Gerrard left us in the summer on a high and we had the time to get Gio up to speed. The team didn’t turn up after the summer break, possibly complacency, and we were poor. Let’s not forget it was not us playing worse since Christmas that has caused the points reversal, but the scums unbeaten run.

Of course I do but let's be honest it shouldn't have mattered how much time we got added on v Ross County, dropping 2 points there was inexcusable. It's not the only instance of that this season and it's what's cost us in the end.
Also refereeing decisions. Sakala pull back at tanadaice, kyogo a yard offside for a late winner? Those 2 decisions is 4 points alone

Saying their average just seems like a coping strategy. They're undefeated in what 30.matches or something, and we've taken one point out of the last nine against them in the league.

The teams are evenly matched, much will obviously depend on how we spend in the summer.

Yes and when Gerrard left we were well ahead, why can’t you understand that, we had the measure of the filth, that’s an undeniable fact.

If you had said when Gio took over, we would surrender a lead, drop lots of stupid points, lose heavily to the filth at Parkhead, lose to them at Ibrox and gift them the title, you would have been laughed at.
We were only ahead because Celtic had dropped so many points early in the season. The four old firm games only amounted to 3 points in the end. If Celtic hadn’t lost so many games early in the season we’d have been further behind. If they had the same points average after Christmas than before we’d have won the league. “Throwing away the lead” doesn’t even tell half the story!

The extra stoppage time they had at RC away got them out of jail. Don't get me started on the offside goals they've scored.

They have had more than their fair share of 'luck'

A combination of us throwing away points in matches where we should have seen out a win, individual errors costing us, some incredibly favorable (downright suspicious) offside calls over the season and a first half performance at Parkhead in February that has been so out of character compared to everything else we’ve seen under Gio this season…

We’ve chucked umpteen opportunities to press or stay ahead of them and it has been a sad capitulation.

I don’t think we see the same the same from a full season under Gio next year - I think he absolutely knows what is required at this club and will deliver it next season.

I don't like ' if's '
But I'm going to use them regardless

If we had a fully fit squad available for today's game - then I'm convinced we'd have won comfortably
That's no disrespect to those on the pitch by the way

If we hadn't had the winter break timing tampered with - or had the disruption of international players coming back late, burned out or off form - then we'd be neck & neck at least right now

None of the issues above are down to Gio
None of these issues are down to poor refereeing decisions
None of these issues are down to timmy being invincible

Sure we could have played better on lots of occasions & of course we should have done - but it's not all down to that IMO

We've won titles before having played worse
& Conversely we've played better & not won
There's very few seasons that we don't get hit with some unforeseen problems
But overall we're not nearly as much at fault as many would have us believe IMO

& I'm not going to mention the 'if's involved in my parents brothers & sisters gender either

I’m not sure I buy into this “we gifted them the league line”.

They’ve gone 28 league games unbeaten. On our day I still believe we are better than them but they have found a way to dig out results this season.

I am very f**ked off at the league this season, we should be winning it and especially with the CL money etc.

But I am not pissed off at Gio or the majority of players. And Gerrard had every right to do what he done and at least we had a manager who was good enough to be in demand.

January stings, I can't believe Gio pushed for Ramsey. He was almost immediately a problem to solve, rather than asset. Whatever we paid for his wages would have got a deal done for Souttar, a position we clearly needed. And rather than young prospect winger, the task we faced clearly demanded an experienced striker.

They are bang average, it’s actually ridiculous we have handed them the title and Champions League money.

A side with a smattering of poor Japanese players, a defence with Greg Taylor, Starfelt and Tony feckin Ralston, Joe Hart and a couple of decent loan players.

Gio has hopefully woken up to the fact now, last couple of old firm games have shown that he knows how to play them, there can be no repeat next season.
I agree they aren't great but you can hardly be critical of thier defence and call them average when we have been absolutely shocking defensively all season.

The bottom line is they improved enough to beat the dross in our league with ease. Whereas we have been wasteful in the extreme.

However, bear in mind;
We had a change of manger mid season
We played almost the entire season without a first choice central defender
We played the first half of the season without a starting midfielder

Those aren't excuses, but facts we've had to deal with.

The bottom line is they improved enough to beat the dross in our league with ease. Whereas we have been wasteful in the extreme.

However, bear in mind;
We had a change of manger mid season
We played almost the entire season without a first choice central defender
We played the first half of the season without a starting midfielder

Those aren't excuses, but facts we've had to deal with.
And 3/4 of the season without our best player and natural goal scorer through injuries or international duty. And more than half a season without our first choice No.10 and most creative player.

Over the course of a league season, they’ve won the games they should and we’ve dropped points all over the shop. They’re on track to finish with 95ish points so I don’t see the issue. We only have ourselves to blame that we aren’t challenging

Ffs man.

We were ahead, but we should have been further ahead. The change over the course of the season is not that we got worse, they got better. Our points per game under each manager will end up very similar.

Our previous manager left us mid season, leaving a new man with a huge challenge of getting to know his team, the league, in the middle of a season. He’s got there, but it took some poor performances for his to see whag works and what doesn’t.

We now look like a team that can win the league, but it’s come too late.

They'll get annihilated by any half decent European side, they play one dimensional 2008-2010 style football with a coach who knows nothing else but to play that way, %^*& them.

Prior to today, our 4 draws in the league since the break, we had 91 attempts at goal and scored 7 goals.

Our opponents had 31 attempts at goal and scored 7 goals.

Those 4 games have been the real problem.
Celtic dropped 2 points over the same period as we dropped those 8, plus we also had 2 defeats to them.

We really threw it away

We have handed them nothing, the refs and there assistants have done as much to win the title as any individual celtic player.

The crime Rangers are guilty of is doing and saying nothing.

I said this in the semi & today... They are a bang average team. Nothing special at all. They should be panicking for next season. Gio has them sussed

The galling thing is that, when both teams are on it, they're inferior to us.

Still, I've seen enough over the last month to know we're going to be well placed next season if we have a good window and strengthen in the right areas.

Roll on Thursday.
To many ifs there mate we don't know who's leaving or how much the board will give us ,they didn't spend a penny of the Patterson/Gerrard money & that cost us the league am not over convinced that the money we think we will get to spend on the team will be there , once again the Tim's will spend more than us to keep us at bay all would have been different if the board had the vision to speculate to accumulate.

They are bang average, it’s actually ridiculous we have handed them the title and Champions League money.

A side with a smattering of poor Japanese players, a defence with Greg Taylor, Starfelt and Tony feckin Ralston, Joe Hart and a couple of decent loan players.

Gio has hopefully woken up to the fact now, last couple of old firm games have shown that he knows how to play them, there can be no repeat next season.
you're a fuckin genius!!!!

Am sure Gio has a shopping list ready and waiting for next season...a few strong, fit and skillful Dutch guys won't go amiss.

Reality is that we didn't take advantage in the autumn when they were getting beat/ dropping points.

Less said about post-winter break, the better.

Play the new year game when it should have been played and we're drinking champagne right now.
Your right mate but once the window opened & we saw all the signings that they were making we should have bought in 2 new face's to freshen our first 11 up , our January loans have been pish as there's have all contributed to them winning the league Jota today for example , I don't feel as confident as you sound about next season over to the board .

The drop off they have at 60 minutes is really noticeable. Unfortunately they consistently roll over the other teams in the league and we don't
Thing is ,as you rightly say they are a 60 min team,but they have generally rolled the opposition over by then .
Happened at shark head previously.
So the sitting back against them has to go.Their MO is to swarm and overload a team ,it's harder to do when the other team take it to them .
I'm going to give Ange some praise.Like.it or not he's got them playing a certain way .I do believe they have been very fortunate though with no VAR and a Ranger's team which,let's face it has been average most of the season bar a few games .Under Gerrard and Gio

Boyd summed it up perfectly for me today by saying that our blip after the winter break has cost us the league. I fully agree with him. We lost it then, rather than them being brilliant. They are a bang average side at best.

Morelos was made for these games. He gives us an outball and would also have converted the many crosses we've put in against them in the last three games.

We've missed him badly.

They'll get better for next season so we need to improve too and they're there for the taking.

think this gets overstated.

sakala is yet to start for us against the scum and after today has 50% of alfie's entire goal tally vs them.

it's true he brings a whole lot more than goals. but it's not often we've seen morelos perform at his best in games against them.

Putting tribalistic bias to the side, they've obviously had some good teams from 2000-now but this lot are maybe just a shade above Delia's team. They're honestly that poor.

But you don't need to be great to win this league. They consistently get results against everyone else which is the main ingredient to winning the league, as well as some help from the officials.

Their win at Ibrox was crucial to them and they were even fcking shite that day as well, as ridiculous as it sounds.

It'll hurt seeing such a bang average team pip us to the league.

25 points you finished above them last season ? Pretty poor from you guys it really is.
No. We we finished 25 points above the worst Celtc team in over 27 years mismanaged by Neil Lennon which had Barkas, Shane Duffy, Laxalt, Jonjo Kenny and other absolute dross in it. Their squad of 20 today only had 8 that were there last season. It is nowhere near the same team. Take the low quality bait somewhere else.

You don't go on a 29-game without being consistently better than who you're facing. People talking about them being 'bang average' are sounding delusional. They're clearly, objectively, not average.

Do I think they're world beaters? %^*& no. They can be got. But they have the most points, best goal difference (both for and against). Again, not 'average'.

What makes it galling is that we've underperformed. Not one person in Scotland can convince me that they have a better team. firing on all cylinders, we'd win 9 games out of 10. I think we showed that today and in the SC (and our exploits in Europe) But what they have going for them is they are clinical. How many times this year have they scored on their first attack on us?

This is not me saying they are the better team. I don't think they are at all. But for whatever reason, we've been inconsistent and lacking in the rub of the green unfortunately. Cut out those individual errors, defensive lapses, and the 100s of missed opportunities, and we would've steamrolled to 56. Good news is, I think we've got the makings of doing that next season.

He left us mate. Mid season.

Our points average before and after he left has been consistent.

Gio took a moment to figure them out, but he has.

It was under Gerrard’s watch that we signed Sakala, Wright, Itten and Roofe instead of one competent and reliable backup for Alfie.
And somebody gave Simpson was it a four and a half year contract? I can't get my head round that. Stinks of old pals act. Kiernan levels.

To many ifs there mate we don't know who's leaving or how much the board will give us ,they didn't spend a penny of the Patterson/Gerrard money & that cost us the league am not over convinced that the money we think we will get to spend on the team will be there , once again the Tim's will spend more than us to keep us at bay all would have been different if the board had the vision to speculate to accumulate.
Maybe after seeing how badly we spent money previously they didn't trust whoever is in charge of that with any more money.

All very well containing them and dominating the midfield but we continue to gift them cheap goals which is why we are where we are.
They were lucky to get the draw, stop the cheap goal gifts, then we dominate them next season imo.

And 3/4 of the season without our best player and natural goal scorer through injuries or international duty. And more than half a season without our first choice No.10 and most creative player.
We weren’t without Alfredo for 3/4 of the season, were we?

Back