The hilarity of season 2020/21 thread.

That period from October to around mid January when we were utterly relentless and they seemed to drop points every week was absolutely magic.
There was a period of time (I think you've nailed it) where my schedule revolved around getting bevvied and enjoying how good we were/laughing at how bad they were every Thursday night swiftly followed by getting bevvied and enjoying how good we were/laughing at them dropping pts every Sunday. They were generally followed by the inmortal phrase

"Alexa, play Clyde 1"

I sensed the pain creeping into non Sellick fans around New Year, then St Johnstone's double cup win gave them their day (the Sellick fans had had the whole season). "Davidson ahead of Gerrard", "Clark ahead of Mclaughlin". It's clearly tragic for them, shame..., More importantly I'd love to know what comes next, what can we do that could top all this pain for them?

Who can forget the hilarity of septic's social media team relentlessly posting happy birthday messages while the club and fans were in meltdown.

another classic series
ended up with either the lennon out brigade or this:

CleanFrayedBaiji-size_restricted.gif

- “They’re getting help Hugh! They’re getting help aff the Scottish FA!” Caller to SSB last winter

- “and he’s now got some help with big Shane Duffy at the back! The holy grail of Ten in a Row!” When Tommy was back on Grandpa’s old cough medicine

- “You’ll get done in, ya bam!” Caller to Ewen Cameron last year
What’s this Ewan Cameron thing about?

Hello Neil, Broony and the Boys!

Note: The original link to Ruthless Lady's Twitter is dead and I can't find this video anywhere else. If anyone can find it I'll replace the link to the s*n.

Optimism:
Its_Chris_Glutton
Aug 02 '20#37
Perfect start.

Couldn't have asked for a better first day from Eddie. He simply has to stay for this season.

Thought frimpong and Taylor were excellent going forward. 2 assists for Taylor hopefully means he'll be cut a bit of slack from some on here.

We will only improve as a team overall.

Some finish from Klimala at the end. Got a feeling he's gonna chip in with a few important goals this season.

Also very nice to see karamoko getting on today. Hopefully see alot more of that.

Safe to say the celts have been missed big time.

Here we go 10 in a row!
Hairytoes
Aug 03 '20#221
We're going to do some eff damage this season, some teams are going to get hammered

TheRepublican
Sep 12 '20#44
Great result, could not really have asked for any better today ! (apart from the huns getting beat i suppose)

Hopefully Lenny will now stop being stubborn and stick with 3-5-2 formation as well as seeing the benefit of using all five substitutes

Hail Hail .... onwards to the 10 !!
TomBombadil
Sep 13 '20#101
Duffy is going to be a godsend against those European teams who sit deep and play a lone striker up front (who invariably scores against us when we overcommit).

Which is basically all of them.

I'm practically rubbing my hands with glee at the thought of watching them get steamrollered by the big man.

Silky football is all well and good, but we've been missing an absolute brute to put the fear of god into opposition forwards for quite some time.
SaMule
18K2,871
Sep 14 '20#119
Excellent result, good performances from most of the team and good cameo debuts from Turnbull & Soro to top it off. I hadn't realised before that Duffy is basically the size of a pickup truck either, now I see why folk were so confident he wouldn't be bullied :lol: (he actually reminded me weirdly of Adam Virgo, only with the ability to play football). Ajeti & Klimala will both hit double figures for us easily this season.

First Old Firm game:
CELTBHOY1988

Oct 05 '20#17
Most important game against them for years. We really need to win this

idyllwild
53K14,392
Oct 17 '20#1641
Happy with that squad. Plenty of strength in depth, all things considered.

Now, destroy them.

Full Time:

edmac68

Oct 17 '20#11
Not a surprise, finally got found out for our complete apathy this season. If Lennon mentions the players missing he can gtf.
Players should donate wages to charity as that was embarrassing

TonesBhoy96
Oct 17 '20#17
Most embarrassing performance I’ve ever seen from a Celtic team.

Glen kamara, Goldson, tav the whole effin lot will be pissing themselves. Huns didn’t even get out of second gear.

I’d sack Lennon this afternoon if it was down to me. Brown is done as well. One good game against hibs all season doesn’t cut it.

Nobody gets pass marks. I don’t care if we were missing players that was bloody embarrassing.

Billydier, CoatbridgeBhoy like this post
PartyFearsTwo
Oct 17 '20#18
We've gone so far backwards since Rodgers' first season it is unreal.

I hope Peter Lawwell is pleased with himself.

Massiveheid
Oct 17 '20#58
It’s done.

That team is finished. Seen it back on December never heeded that warning.

The Huns threw away the league last season rather than us winning it.

Pish.
They were close. Klimala and Ajeti almost got double figures of goals if you added their tallys

Edit: correcting bizarre iPad autocorrect

Last edited:
What a wonderful season, I've laughed non stop since the 2 0 game at the piggery. They collapsed after that game, there were dozens of piss takes, they go 6 games without defeat (5 of whom were bottom 6), we beat them again and they collapse again.
Next season could be good because they demanded Howe and if he fails, the whole cycle starts again.

• Them not playing a recognized striker and going out the champions league.
  • The 'sitting here thinking' tweet about their incredible transfer window.
  • Their fans openly praising the board for spending 20mil and not losing any big name players.
  • Duffy trying a cross field ball from out of the back that Goldson does in his sleep and putting it in row Z.
  • Same game his former teammate scoring 2 and that photo of the smile and handshake whilst Duffy is in agony.
  • Union bears and the live it up video that followed mainstream aussie press coverage.
  • Their 3-3 draw against Aberdeen with future captain Macgregor giving away a last minute pen.
  • Their glorious pumping's in Europe whilst we went unbeaten and topped our group.
  • 8-2 defeat by Sparta Prague on aggregate.
  • Knocked out Europe while almost breaking the goals conceded in a group stage record.
  • Needing a last minute equalizer against Hibs.
  • That county defeat, the cup exit - the riots, the shark, their fans attacking their own players and wondering why their players won't give it their all and as a result revealing themselves to be entitled morons.
  • More points dropped against St Johnstone and them needing another late equalizer.
  • Their December run of wins which not only had them back on track to winning the title, it turned Turnbull into prime Zidane and Soro into prime Makalele.
  • The robust and physically solid Julien putting himself out for nearly a year by running into a post.
  • Future captain Callum Macgregor scoring an old firm winner.
  • Them being in awe of our McGregor making a save due to them having a collection of hopeless goalkeeping options.
  • Their fantastic efforts in winning the 27 minutes against Rangers trophy (they didn't have a shot on goal after this, but they'll have you believe it was a pumping)
  • Dubai.
  • The positive test.
  • The isolation that followed
  • Rangers cruising through what was a difficult January fixture wise on paper
  • Them drawing against Livingston, hibs and Livingston again
  • Livingstons 10 in a row tweet.
  • Lennon doubling down and his press conference rant.
  • The air quotes.
  • The St Mirren defeat and Duffy's defending.
  • The Ross County defeat.
  • Us battering St Mirren and the dressing room madness that followed.
  • Having 82 attempts and not scoring against Dundee United and their fans taking to twitter in their thousands taking moral high ground that litter was dropped at George square.
  • Them losing the Morelos can't score against us trophy.
  • The mass exodus, their captain announces he's leaving following on from their chief exec and manager being sacked. Dave King's prophecy coming true.
  • Us dumping them out the Scottish cup.
  • 4-1 an absolute shagging - which served as an opportunity for our players to try out some goal celebrations they've had up their sleeve for a while. Brown megged, Defoe sending Walsh to the shops, the complete and utter disrespect that Kent shown them making them look like fannys and Rangers poty candidate Callum Macgregor also putting in another excellent performance for Rangers.
  • The greatest fans in the world openly stating that they won't be renewing or buying merch unless they get their manager of choice in another display entitlement. Don't ever let one of them try and kid on how great their support is, the greatest tragedy (apart from us not being there to lift the trophy) is us not getting the opportunity to mock just how low their attendances would have been if they were allowed fans in.
  • Trophy day-going unbeaten, breaking records just for the sheer hubris of it all.
  • Scotland going into a state of turmoil over big bad Rangers being back.

All in all, you could have asked me in July 2020 - to sit down and design how I wanted the season to go, and never in my wildest dreams could I have came up with a scenario that would have actually bettered how it all unfolded. An incredible season for not only how good we were, but how utterly hopeless and tragic they were. 20/21 really has the potential to damage them almost as badly as Walter did.

The various Live It Up clips as well as the Yaxxon videos on Youtube do an excellent job of capturing pretty much everything that's been mentioned on this thread.

I think this is the best...

I very very rarely watch them but I tuned in for that Hibs game in January and figured I'd done my usual of jinxing it as they looked like finally winning a game...then the goalie flapped that that header in the last minute and Duffy took up his preferred position of lying in the 6 yard box as the equaliser went in. Absolute hilarity.

This one runs is very close though. Some of the imagery to go with the words is excellent.

Last edited:
Back