The Louden Tavern : Thursday

I had a guy at the end of last season who he says has been coming for months and drinking in the lounge. didn't know we had a beer garden:D
I was a regular pre and post match for a few years till I moved away and I'm struggling to work out where the 4th bar is ? Might be old age and drink messing with my memory but there's the front bar, the side bar that leads to outside and the outside bar, where is the other one ?

I was a regular pre and post match for a few years till I moved away and I'm struggling to work out where the 4th bar is ? Might be old age and drink messing with my memory but there's the front bar, the side bar that leads to outside and the outside bar, where is the other one ?
The other one is the Bottle Bar next to the Big Bar in the Beer Garden

The bottle bar serves everything except Draught, speedier service for those that don't want pints
I thought the bottle bar was the outside bar, that' where I'm going wrong. Always parked myself near the bottle bar so i could smoke and the pies always seemed to go past me so I never missed out.

Louden is a massive upgrade from that hovel that was the stadium bar.

I don’t go in much these days as I take my daughter so I drink up PRW where under 18s get in.

Always served fast even when busy in louden though, great wee bar

The customer is always right.
Change the lounge into a soft play for the weans or at least have PlayStation areas.
Self service fridges.
Straighteners in the toilets.
booth hire.
Contactless on every till.
Phone charging facilities.
Gluten free rolls & a vegetarian option of pie.
If at least 4 of these don’t happen before the Celtic game I’m going to the Kensington or something:)
:)):)):))

I thought the bottle bar was the outside bar, that' where I'm going wrong. Always parked myself near the bottle bar so i could smoke and the pies always seemed to go past me so I never missed out.

There are two bars outside now mate, there only used to be the bottle bar out there, but a full sized bar has been added. It’s been there a couple of years now maybe, if it’s been a while since you’ve been in then that would explain the confusion.

Matchday is full of situations where you aren't paying by card (Programme, Ibrox 'food', Rising Stars, your prematch pint).

I like it. It's not as if you're being asked to pay in Euros :D

There are two bars outside now mate, there only used to be the bottle bar out there, but a full sized bar has been added. It’s been there a couple of years now maybe, if it’s been a while since you’ve been in then that would explain the confusion.
Must have been longer than I realised since my last visit, cheers

The bottle bar serves everything except Draught, speedier service for those that don't want pints
That would be the one to do the card only payments on if you were going to trial it.

(not saying you should or shouldn't trial it - if what you're doing works for you, then keep at it. Cracking boozer!)

This might not go down to well but I’ve never seen the sopranos :eek::D.
Well worth watching mate.

And you can follow along with Colin And Chris on H&H Podcast network too.

*edit: it's Colin and Jack, not Colin and Chris.

Still, get subscribed ($3.99 tier and above) - well worth it, and less than the cost of one of those shite coffees where they get your name wrong too.

Last edited:
I agree then you get people moaning they can't buy a pint
"We've introduced it as a limited trial at the bottle bar to see if it makes it even faster for you to get a bottle of beer. If that's successful, we may then introduce a trial at the outdoor bar too, before potentially adopting a cashless option across all 4 bars. Every service change made at the Louden Tavern is done with the customer in mind, but it has to be proven to work in our unique service setting"

Job done. That statement alone could increase traffic to the bottle bar from those who want to use cards - driving up bottle sales for the trial period, with the reward of being trialled on the nearby big bar too.

As you know though, you'll never please everyone, so regardless of what us jabronis suggest, only you will know what works for you.

I've been reliably informed that the Tall Cranes have adopted a card system as part of their recent renovations (instead of being a vision of horror in green, it's now a vision of horror in white). Step inside and it's like Tomorrow's World though.

Back