The love in for Ryan Jack, McCrorie, Arfield etc

Hopefully the football fans on here will be open to a football debate.

I'm not getting the love in for Ryan Jack Mccrorie arfield etc. In my opinion we are accepting mediocrity.
Neither Jack or Mccrorie are anywhere near the Scotland team as international players, and obviously Ca nada doesn't even count.
Our players are no where near theirs and I fear by the end of the season it will be more like 15pts.
Our team is rank I feel but a lot of fans I think are accepting average players.

What's the opinions?

My opinion is that you're another obsessed fan of the Paedo Harbourers.

You have a love in for Sinclair, Alfredo will go for peanuts and Ibrox desperately needed improvements. You're absolutely reeking!

Jack has without doubt shown his quality just not often enough. But then I feel he is unsure of his role when he is in there with McCrorie.

McCrorie is the most physical player we have and will make the challenges that we have been crying out for for the last 2-3 seasons. That's why people like him. But at times he can put us under pressure when he loses the ball, there are times when he runs with the ball he hits it almost to far away from himself and gets the slightest of touches to it and ends up being clattered. Hes not always under full control of the ball.

Arfield I think has been one of the better performers, more so at the start of the season. He just needs to start making those runs into the box that he used too.

I think the number of games we have played (40 odd before xmas) has taken its toll on the majority. But what I don't understand is they went away for the jan break and we all seen the work they put in yet I don't feel they have come back fitter/stronger.

I still think Kent could fill the attacking midfield role (free role)

McCrorie is not a god enough footballer to be playing in our midfield. Jack isn't forward thinking enough and Arfield lacks consistency.

The lack of composure with a a ball at their feet is dreadful. And in terms of shooting and scoring goals - forget it. You're getting next to nothing out of these guys when it comes to goals.

Yes this midfield helped beat the tims blah, blah, blah. Matters not a jot winning one particular game when we are 8 points behind the khunts.

Kamara at least plays with his head up and plays with intelligence and is composed with a football.

They are the best we have

As others have posted we have about 10 central midfielders including those on loan

We should be jettisoning about 4 or 5 of those and bringing in just ONE of vastly superior quality on their collective wages.

Enough of this 3 out 3 in pish all we do is re arrange the furniture without adding to the quality.

I got slated for it before and say what you will, we let go of one of our top goal scorers last season. But I agree with the above, it's missing that type of player who will lead, who can score goals from midfield consistently. Murphy was one of them, but he was out. But it's a case of the type of player who will shoot from distance and score goals.

The problem is Gerrard’s formation and personnel is far to similar to the way Klopp plays his 433. His 3 CM are all ball winners and none of them are an actual ‘number 10’. That leaves their front 3 to go and play.. we don’t have that quality and rely on our ‘front 3’ too much.

That midfield is decent, away from home we will get more joy.

But to win leagues we need alot more pace and quality in there, none of them midfielders can win a game with a killer pass or gets us 10-15 goals a season

Ultimately - we need better.

Winning the league clearly requires us to have a better midfeild than the current lot. Refusal to accept this is accepting second best.

I can't blame the players for lack of consistency due to them being dropped randomly by the management team.

That midfield literally dominated the last old firm game for 90mins.

Their problem, and that of our entire team this season so far, is consistency and the ability to create against teams that sit back.

The last old firm game is not a good guide - they were pathetic and what has happened since then is worrying when we have failed to beat very poor teams.

I'm not getting the love in for Ryan Jack Mccrorie arfield etc. In my opinion we are accepting mediocrity.
Neither Jack or Mccrorie are anywhere near the Scotland team as international players, and obviously Ca nada doesn't even count.
Our players are no where near theirs and I fear by the end of the season it will be more like 15pts.
Our team is rank I feel but a lot of fans I think are accepting average players.

What's the opinions?

To be honest dismissing an internationally country as it doesn't even count is a load of nonsense.

He's an international captain.

You also describe our team as rank and that's not the actions of a rangers supporter.

The last old firm game is not a good guide - they were pathetic and what has happened since then is worrying when we have failed to beat very poor teams.

Yes they were pathetic. Largely because the 3 midfielders in question battered them for 90 mins.

Agree with your second point, but it confirms the point on consistency, we’ve not kicked on at all and we are miles off that performance against Celtic.

Ryan Jack sums us up at the moment. Free transfer from Aberdeen, 27 years old and 4 caps for a medicore Scotland team.

Will do a job but wouldnt get into mhanks reserves team. Yet our first choice midfielder.

Bang average, should be punted. Though if Dorrans was fit I suspect he would be ni where near the first team.

We do lack creativity in the middle of the park. However that need one or two decent players. Davis and Arfield were playing in very decent English premiership teams regularly. They are good players. Ryan Jack can do no right for many people on here. When he plays we have a much stronger defence, and are a significantly better team. His off the ball work and reading of the game is very good. He never looks that flash a player because he quietly and confidently goes about his work. If you watch the ball and don't watch the game you will never appreciate him.

McCrorie is still very raw. But he has potential. to write him off just now is absolutely criminal and shows no understanding of what a footballer is. He is good at intercepting and tackling, his passing needs work, but at this stage of his development that is to be expected.

We need less knee jerk reactions and a bit more patience.

Our midfield is decent but we lack a player who can control the game and open up a defence.
I have a feeling Mcrorie may end up as our right back.

He can still play at centre half where he has grown up playing.

He was a bit keen to dive in a couple of times against decent, physical players in Dembele and Edouard, and he got rolled. It is a classic mistake for a young player to make which shouldn't leave his career in that position on the scrap heap.

What's the opinions?
In their natural positions,they are as good or better as anybody in Scotland including the mhanky mob OP.
Our issue is most of our midfield are naturally defensive,we could do with midfielders who are offensive like Rogic and mcgregor.

The first reply to this thread should have been, ok who do you suggest we bring in and where do we get the funding from to allow us to pay the same salaries they are paying?

Ryan Jack sums us up at the moment. Free transfer from Aberdeen, 27 years old and 4 caps for a medicore Scotland team.

Will do a job but wouldnt get into mhanks reserves team. Yet our first choice midfielder.

Bang average, should be punted. Though if Dorrans was fit I suspect he would be ni where near the first team.

So you think Ntcham is better than Jack? Bitton or Eboue are better players? If so you seriously wouldn't know a decent footballer if he smacked you on the nose.

I had hoped Davis would be our version in our system. So far, he’s miles off that and miles off what I was expecting.

You weren't alone - I got pelters for saying we shouldn't bring him back, or any outfield player. They are never going to be as good as they were first time around.

All 3 do their job very effectively and efficiently we control most games - we just don't break games well - it is the Number 8 and 10 positions where we fail the actual game control is perfectly fine

McCrorie is not a god enough footballer to be playing in our midfield. Jack isn't forward thinking enough and Arfield lacks consistency.

The lack of composure with a a ball at their feet is dreadful. And in terms of shooting and scoring goals - forget it. You're getting next to nothing out of these guys when it comes to goals.

Yes this midfield helped beat the tims blah, blah, blah. Matters not a jot winning one particular game when we are 8 points behind the khunts.

Kamara at least plays with his head up and plays with intelligence and is composed with a football.

Can tell after just one game that Kamara is better in the DM role than McCrorie

I got slated for it before and say what you will, we let go of one of our top goal scorers last season. But I agree with the above, it's missing that type of player who will lead, who can score goals from midfield consistently. Murphy was one of them, but he was out. But it's a case of the type of player who will shoot from distance and score goals.

We are badly missing Murphy's goals and assists. Him and Windass were both contributing last season and we haven't really replaced the goals/assists they gave to the side.

we talk about signing a creative midfielder as if they grown on trees, next to prolific striker the hardest position to fill as it requires the most skill, look to the youth if thats an option, failing that be preapred to fork out mega bucks for the right player, where is the money coming from?

What's the opinions?
My opinion is you're a crash barrier

Can tell after just one game that Kamara is better in the DM role than McCrorie
He is a far better footballer than Ross McCrorie.

I want guys in there who are comfortable with a football at their feet, play with their head up, make accurate passes, have good touch and control and can shape their body well to receive and make a pass.

McCrorie lacks in all of these aspect of the game.

Yes, he can lunge in and make the odd tackle here and there - often stretching and not well timed - - but there has to be more to his game than that. People need to see the bigger picture.

To get a quality attacking midfielder we will need to sell Alfie which somewhat negates that idea,if theres no one to pass to,so theres another problem,our D.O.F. should be scouring Europe for an affordable no.9 and theres bound to be some out there its finding them.

I think if we look in Eastern Europe or Scandinavia we can get quality for maximum 2m mate.

So you think Ntcham is better than Jack? Bitton or Eboue are better players? If so you seriously wouldn't know a decent footballer if he smacked you on the nose.

Christie and McGregor are though. As is Brown who start for them.

Jack should be a squad player at best for us. Cannot rely on average players like that for 55.

This eras Gavin Rae. Sadly however he starts mosts week now as we dont have have better players.

I accept your comments BB, but Ross has 3 years to develop until Glen’s age.
Ross has also shown strength of character that we don’t know if Glen has.
Ross wins more tackles & is better in the air than Glen based upon Saturday.
So it’s wait & see for me. I’ll watch this closely.

Jack should be a squad player at best for us. Cannot rely on average players like that for 55.

This eras Gavin Rae. Sadly however he starts mosts week now as we dont have have better players.

I wouldn't class an Edu as an immeasurably better player than Jack, I would also say Jack offers far more as a midfielder than McCulloch as well I reckon.

We would have still won leagues with Jack replacing either, both benefited from players around them in the way Jack slightly suffers from the players around him.

I wouldn't class an Edu as an immeasurably better player than Jack, I would also say Jack offers far more as a midfielder than McCulloch as well I reckon.

We would have still won leagues with Jack replacing either, both benefited from players around them in the way Jack slightly suffers from the players around him.

McCulloch played wide left a lot but I dont disagree.

Differance is people on here say Jack is our best midfielder. Edu, Jig etc played with Ferguson, Davis, Mendes who were a class above them.

McCulloch played wide left a lot but I dont disagree.

Differance is people on here say Jack is our best midfielder. Edu, Jig etc played with Ferguson, Davis, Mendes who were a class above them.

I don’t understand this Jack is our best midfielder stuff.

Being technically sound and neat and tidy Isn’t enough.

They are all hard working grafters, but not creative players, we really need to move out a few in favour of quality creative players. The current crop are good at what they do but there are too many of the same type with limited skill set. Quality costs money though and the board need to back the manager with what he needs to build a balanced squad.

I don't have the exact figures to hand but as a rough estimate off the top of my head, Forrest, Sinclair, Rogic and McGregor must have about 40 goals between them all this season and god knows how many assists. How many do our wingers and attacking midfielders have between them?

That's our main issue right there. I genuinely believe as a defensive unit we are easily as good as Celtic if not better than them. The main difference is middle to front.

Even in the domination at Ibrox on the 29th, we could easily have drawn that game in the end up because we only scored 1 goal. Halliday had to make a heroic block near the end of the game to save the points for us.

Just look at how poor Candeias and Kent are in front of goal. How many chances has Kent missed; Kilmarnock, Livingston, bheggars, St. Mirren, Hearts... off the top of my head, and they've been great chances at that. Candeias lashed one over the bar on Saturday. They both lack composure when they find themselves in a goalscoring opportunity. Sinclair, Rogic, McGregor, Forrest lash them home.

Rogic was less than a million, Forrest and McGregor came through the youths. It's not as if they've thrown large amounts of money at them.

What's the opinions?
Superb. Another completely negative thread against out players. Just what the forum needed.

He is a far better footballer than Ross McCrorie.

I want guys in there who are comfortable with a football at their feet, play with their head up, make accurate passes, have good touch and control and can shape their body well to receive and make a pass.

McCrorie lacks in all of these aspect of the game.

Yes, he can lunge in and make the odd tackle here and there - often stretching and not well timed - - but there has to be more to his game than that. People need to see the bigger picture.

In a perfect world would be good to have a midfield 3 that are capable of inter changing throughout the game when necessary. Midfielders than can both attack and defend. It aint cheap tho!

However we have one of the best midfielders of his generation as manager so im hoping he is able to coach your Kamara, McCrorie and eventually Docherty to do this.

What's the opinions?

They are all good at what they do, but none of them are “match winners” by producing skill, assists or goals. This is what we are missing, have done all season and will continue to do so for the rest of this season.

They are the right players for the right games but home to St Johnstone etc aren’t the right games for them.

Home to the poets is and that was proven to be the case.

Its about consistency with them all. Ive seen all 3 of them have fantastic games, however, its just not often enough. That seems to be a big problem we have had with players for years now.

And probably will be forever more as quality players with consistency cost a fortune.

I think all of us forget too often that we have to build a side these days rather than being able to buy one.

Christie and Macgregor play further forward, Christie is playing where Arfield and Kent play. You did jack would not get into their reserves. Clearly you were talking out your ars*.

What's the opinions?

Egypt are ranked below Scotland, by your theory Salah isn't good enough for us. Mental

Christie and Macgregor play further forward, Christie is playing where Arfield and Kent play. You did jack would not get into their reserves. Clearly you were talking out your ars*.

Are we a club that expects to get anywhere and challenge with Canada players?

That's some of the stupidest logic I've ever saw on here. There's plenty of examples of good players from lesser nations.

Mkhitaryan from Arsenal, would you go nah I don't want him he plays for Armenia. Goran Pandev from Macadonia. Even Ibrahimovic, Sweden have hardly ever tore it up at international level.

Back