The Manager

Can we all please be in agreement that unless Gio wins the Europa league that he has surely got to go/step down, he clearly doesn't have what it takes to be a successful rangers manager domestically, He inherited a far superior squad to his only rivals and he has destroyed any cohesion and tactics that worked for us and turned us into serial losers against a fat Aussie who has signed a bunch of Japanese nobodies and has waltzed his way to a title and possible treble, absolute scandle if he continues as manager next season without winning anything meaningful

No, to be honest. There is absolutely no attacking cohesion to his team. We don’t look at all like a unit.

Our defensive issues started before Gio’s arrival, but you could still see our style and system it just wasn’t clicking the way it did last season. As the season has gone on we’ve just looked more and more ragged and disjointed and lacking in a plan (other than swapping Lundstram from sweeper to holding midfielder).

Absolutely not.

He was always a gamble of an appointment from a board who have been clueless with regards to appointing managers (SG looked 100% a Dave King appointment). A signing lacking in imagination or common sense. Only here due to his playing days, not on his abilities as a manager.

Problem is, I don’t trust the board to get it right with his replacement nor do I trust Wilson to get anything right with transfers.

He has flung an awful lot of points away. Europe is great but we need the league. This season more to than any other and he has blown it

Part of me thinks he deserves to bring in his own players and work on his own style, because we need a heavy turnover of players this summer whoever is in charge.

But the meek surrendering of the title since he came in, with the size of point swing, is disgusting and doesn't fill me with confidence for anymore games under him.
And if we're being honest, do we have much confidence in us beating them at the paedodome?

Today was Gio's chance to prove he can pump the Paedos and give us hope for the last game. He failed.

That's the scary thing. We cold end up double digits behind them after being infront. o_O

We can go on about the manager all we want, but the truth is that these players have bottled it. Without Morelos, I didnt feel confident we'd score an equaliser, never mind a winner. Can talk about tactics all you want, but we had ample opportunity to hit their goal and it was squandered by individual errors and mistakes.

His subbing of Ramsey and Jack was necessary. Jack was having a shocker and about 5 mins for getting a straight red, and Ramsey doesn't have the legs. Class player, evidently the best on the field, but he's two yards off the pace.

People on here can talk about tactics and the manager all day long, but today we set out with intensity, then our players bottled it. We didn't have enough quality in final third at all, and as such it never looked likely we'd get level.

Jury is out on Gio, btw. I'm not sat there thinking he's played a blinder since he's come in. But my contention is that this bunch of players can't hack pressure and go missing.

Also, think we need to stop this 'celtic are gash' chat. They're not the world beaters their bead rattlers would have you believe, but they were organised and effective there.

All blame lies on him, coward tactics again. From what we’ve shown, we will get duppied at the piggery and surrender the Cup in equally embarrassing fashion

If that happens, he has to go

I said a while ago he’s out his depth in Scotland and it was hidden because of some great European results and I got slaughtered for it. Hopefully people finally realise he’s not got a clue how to play in this league or against them. Get him out in the summer, we need a rebuild!

Yeah i've seen enough needs to resign in summer!

great player shiite manager

EDIT: Of course we end up with the worst dutch total football manager lot a shiite resign ya priick!

I can't get my head around how he does so well in Europe and so badly in The League, I'm not sure who'd be his replacement tho

I don’t have much confidence Gio is what we need domestically or that Wilson is the right person to oversee the rebuild
Been saying it ever since the wee dwarf joined us after initially knocking us back. He’s like some others, always there when the going is good, happy to steal credit and ride on others coat tails but when S hits the F he’s nowhere

Long way back for him from this. Only saving grace is the form in Europe. Domestically the form is nothing short of a disgrace but a fair chunk of the blame has to be on the players - if he can get performances out of them in Europe, then why can’t they do it in the league? It’s a mystery.

How did we finish the game? What was our formation? What was the plan?

Seemed like we were just hoping something happened.
That’s usually what happens when chasing a goal, cb become cf and so on there’s no shape to chasing a goal ffs, you know how we finished the game

There are some very clear points on how the league was lost this season .

One . The board and Gerrard stood still with the squad and we ended up with players past it.

Two Malmo sucked the life out of Gerrard

Three Gerrard got fed up and only managed a six point lead when we should have been out of sight. The hiv semi should how bad this team could be.

Four: we've hired a manager who can't manage domestically and is far too passive. He won't do

Five the players show more interest in Europe where their profile is high

Six Off the field our incompetent board managed to turn our 150 season into a media circus . They should be ashamed of themselves.

Seven: sections of our fans reciprocated and behaved like weans. Today was a new low.

Lastly Morelos injury was the death knell before a ball was kicked.

But ultimately we lost it in the summer transfer window where our arrogance thought that one trophy meant we were untouchable. So much for a pack of cards.

Should be gone before sun set tonight. He looks haunted standing on the touchline.

And %^*& giving money to build a team. What a disaster that will be.

Absolute nonsense.

We haven’t signed a single player for money in three transfer windows. They spent £30 million.

There still isn’t much between the teams except they score when they are on top, we can’t score goals and without morleos we are rudderless up front. This season we have been the most shot shy Rangers team in 150 years.

I’m not sure about GVB myself but he WILL be our manager next season and he has a massive rebuild job on his hands.

Ross Wilson is as much to blame, if not more.
Excluding the directors who financed the club, everyone else is not fit for purpose.

Gerrard done an unbelievable job getting this team through undefeated last season. Gio just doesn't have the same command over the players.

We can go on about the manager all we want, but the truth is that these players have bottled it. Without Morelos, I didnt feel confident we'd score an equaliser, never mind a winner. Can talk about tactics all you want, but we had ample opportunity to hit their goal and it was squandered by individual errors and mistakes.

His subbing of Ramsey and Jack was necessary. Jack was having a shocker and about 5 mins for getting a straight red, and Ramsey doesn't have the legs. Class player, evidently the best on the field, but he's two yards off the pace.

People on here can talk about tactics and the manager all day long, but today we set out with intensity, then our players bottled it. We didn't have enough quality in final third at all, and as such it never looked likely we'd get level.

Jury is out on Gio, btw. I'm not sat there thinking he's played a blinder since he's come in. But my contention is that this bunch of players can't hack pressure and go missing.

Also, think we need to stop this 'celtic are gash' chat. They're not the world beaters their bead rattlers would have you believe, but they were organised and effective there.
gio has been schooled off a fat rolf harris twice now thats never managed in europe

the first game was unforgivable imo

that constant passback and horse shoe i think its called in holland is unnecessary
sakala should have started also much more effective

His remit would 100% have been to win the title, no ifs and no buts. They’ve found a way to beat us with ease, they’ve got our number the way Gerrard found a way against them. We cannot defend this season and the drop from last season is horrific!
Europe saves him here, much the same as Eck and the Champions League.
Honestly think it will take a Cup Final win, a European final AND a win at Parkhead to salvage any faith going forward in both the players and coaching team next season.

I think the board will show them faith regardless come May, the fans were almost accepting the inevitable second half and if that belief is gone between fans to players and the Manager…it’s not a good mix

I'll probably go back to defending him in a few days but the team were clueless today. I don't know what the plan was.

We’ve regressed dramatically. Should be out the door this evening.
I’ve said before that we, as a club, do better with a ‘bastard’ managing us. We need that edge.
We’re softer and less together just now than my bowel movements after a curry.

Back