The Mirror claiming Benetiz to Celtic

I’d Benitez is true - what I don’t understand is why would Celtic go for the lesser option after Rodgers left when they were in a much better financial state but then when they are down suddenly throw good money after bad to get in someone who actually knows what they are doing!?? If they’d got someone like that in the first place I doubt they’d be in such a state now - it just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not saying it’s not true but for someone like Benitez to come in it’s likely to be a big out lay if they also have to pay Lennon off and bring in an entire new back room. Even with a few big fees I don’t see how they cover it all (unless the gamble is they make the champs league via second spot)

12 million salary in China - with huge transfer budget. No way he gets epl money over there

If Lampard goes and Benitez ends up at Chelsea, I wonder if the poets would try for Lampard. In an unoriginal attempt to replicate our blueprint.

I cant see it happening but its also not completely unrealistic. Wouldnt matter any way, this season is done.

If Lampard goes and Benitez ends up at Chelsea, I wonder if the poets would try for Lampard. In an unoriginal attempt to replicate our blueprint.

I would piss myself laughing if Lampard became their manager.

Good luck trying to get an organised defence out of that guy Timmy!

Rafa to the piggery seems a most unlikely move despite all the talk going around. Nothing is impossible though - however he seems a decent man who would surely baulk at going to the rabid cesspit. Hopefully he knows their history.

I remember around the time of the league cup final, there was some of them absolutely sure Benitez had put pen to paper from one of the ITK’s, turned out they got Lenny B-D. IMO, with a rebuild needed, they need a yes man, a Ronny deila type, with covid still hurting clubs, the income just isn’t there. When you also consider the courtroom action coming their way, it looks like a place to avoid.

^^This ^^
Your spot on mate. I’ve had two WhatsApp me about the waiter.I have said nothing other than he will want a few quid to come here.Then one sent me the letter.I was in stitches reading it.How desperate they are now they actually read that and bit.Wonderful.55 will end them.
Pretty sure it has 1872 in it somewhere as well lol

I remember around the time of the league cup final, there was some of them absolutely sure Benitez had put pen to paper from one of the ITK’s, turned out they got Lenny B-D. IMO, with a rebuild needed, they need a yes man, a Ronny deila type, with covid still hurting clubs, the income just isn’t there. When you also consider the courtroom action coming their way, it looks like a place to avoid.
I worked with a guy who seemed fairly well connected with them over there. He was convinced Jose was signing up after Rodgers left

Wait, people actually think/thought this could happen? Hhahahahaha

Its like the pre match tim threads where folk seem much more confident in Celtic than their own fans are.

There is absolutely no danger they are bankrolling Benitez, they are already running at a massive loss.

You would have though they would have waited until nearer season ticket renewal time before leaking this pish to the press.

Why? Hes out of a job? If it wasn’t for European teams looking at him he might have fancied a go at it.

We know he wont but it’s hardly impossible.

Because Celtic are running at a massive loss with no player sale this year to bail them out, they are NOT going to be paying a manager the highest salary in Scottish football ever on top of what it would cost to bankroll the signings he’d demand FFS.

11 pages for this!!

Is half of this forum insane?

On the same day a rangers fan clearly mocks up a fake letter with his name on it and relatively plausible short message with the letter - until you see the phone number and know it’s 100% wind up. On that very same day the mirror run this story with no sources and no quotes to back it up. Quite a coincidence that

The mirror have clearly taken the bait hook line and sinker and have rushed it out to be first on the off chance it’s correct. File this one under nonsense.

Christ their were English football fans on twitter when the phone number was pointed out STILL saying things like ‘wait and see’ and ‘the phone number doesn’t make the letter wrong’.

Far more likely. They have already had some shout for Terry in the same
Idea.

Because Celtic are running at a massive loss with no player sale this year to bail them out, they are NOT going to be paying a manager the highest salary in Scottish football ever on top of what it would cost to bankroll the signings he’d demand FFS.
Im hardly crying or worried about it just dont think its that farfetched. But whatever.

I’d Benitez is true - what I don’t understand is why would Celtic go for the lesser option after Rodgers left when they were in a much better financial state but then when they are down suddenly throw good money after bad to get in someone who actually knows what they are doing!?? If they’d got someone like that in the first place I doubt they’d be in such a state now - it just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not saying it’s not true but for someone like Benitez to come in it’s likely to be a big out lay if they also have to pay Lennon off and bring in an entire new back room. Even with a few big fees I don’t see how they cover it all (unless the gamble is they make the champs league via second spot)
I think their board became more conservative as they got closer to the 10IAR. They probably didn't want to rock a supposedly winning formula. I think similar happened to us in our 9. Winning year in year out isn't usually the best way to bring about dynamic change in any business. Complacency usually sets in.

Dont forget the entourage that would come with him

I think their board became more conservative as they got closer to the 10IAR. They probably didn't want to rock a supposedly winning formula. I think similar happened to us in our 9. Winning year in year out isn't usually the best way to bring about dynamic change in any business. Complacency usually sets in.

TLB’s return was the mother of all fućk ups.

I would piss myself laughing if Lampard became their manager.

Good luck trying to get an organised defence out of that guy Timmy!

Fat Frank's unabashed tory beliefs would go down well with their fans.

Rafa Benitez is one of the best managers in the world. He won't be coming to Scottish football.

On top of that any players they had of significant value, Eduoard, Ntcham, Ajer, Christie? have been allowed to run down their contracts so will not command the kind of fees that mob need for the rebuild required.
It’s unlikely Benitez would go without the guarantee that mega money will be available for him to spend. Regardless, as I’ve said before, I wouldn’t lose much sleep if they did manage to get him. Defensive minded and very overrated, still living on his time with Liverpool all those years ago. What has he done since?

Also, It's nice to be able to say this after all these years but I genuinely don't think they've got the money. Imo if they had a decent amount of cash we'd know about it by now, whether thats through ring fencing for certain things or simply not having it after wrongly planning for Champions League cash, the optimistic side of me thinks that the implosion we're witnessing from that side of the city may be just the beginning.

Back