The Status Quo with the BBC only harms Rangers, we need all out war or a tactical retreat

Over the last three days since Goldson scores it’s been an anslought from bbc Scotland to such an extent they are branding the supporters caught up in the crush on Sunday as liars

Ban them totally from Ibrox , Know its against SPL rules but ban them using any of our coverage ,if the SFA pull us up take them on as well . Take it to law ,there is tonnes of evidence to show their attitude against us any half decent QC would win the case
I think our current court track record suggests avoiding any more.

The BBC is the national broadcaster and the most influential news media in Scotland.

The BBC in Scotland is the de facto media wing of Bheast FC and they are only too happy and willing to use the full weight of their influence to harm Rangers - we saw this last season, the BBC conducted a witch hunt against Morelos, our best player and endlessly highlighted certain Rangers transgressions whilst giving a Nelson's eye to all of Celtic's.

The BBC tactic paid dividends and harmed Rangers, the treatment Morelos was subjected to by officials was a disgrace - and dont forget, when Lennon took over near the end of the season and things were looking a bit shaky, the much maligned Beaton (as 4th official) gave them 7 minutes of injury time in a game with no significant injuries and they got the winner in the 6th, 3 points when they should have got 1. A 2 point present from the BBC.

The BBC are able to cause significant harm to us and we can't do s.hit to them (or aren't doing s.hit). We thought that with the arrival of Gerrard that the London bods may order a negotiated settlement, but that hasnt happened, and if it hasnt happened by now (with the arrival of a global superstar as manager) then it isnt going to happen.

The Bheasts at the BBC dont care, the BBC isnt a commercial operator so a boycott wont have any effect, they get their money from the licence fee, which everyone who watches live tv must pay, on pain of criminal sanction. And they dont care if anything happens to the BBC as a result of the fallout, it's just a job for them, they've got no personal skin in it and in 2 or 3 years they'll have a job somewhere else.

Sticking to martial metaphors, we're like two armies facing off 300 yards apart, but their cannons fire 400 yards, ours only 200. The BBC are delighted to maintain the status quo coz it harms us and benefits Bheast FC. We're not landing anything.

We must either come out all guns blazing, put a total ban in place, call them every name we can think of and expose their staff for what they are (name and shame, get private investigators involved, do what we need to do to win) or else come to some arrangement, even if it is a climbdown, albeit temporary - the hardest league to win will be the first one, and this season will see a media battle like never before. After we win the league once there will be a paradigm shift and our bargaining position will be much stronger. We can then re-open the feud from a position of strength.

Whatever we do, dont continue as is.
I favour all out war

It's now 4 years since Chris McLaughlin first had his privileges removed by the club.

In practical terms, nothing has been achieved. Indeed, BBC Scotland seems to have relished the opportunity to become even more hostile to Rangers.

The board fobbed everything off to Club 1872 instead of leading from the front. BBC Scotland clearly thinks it can just tie up Club 1872 in its ridiculous complaints system and is not far wrong.

The board has to recruit the help of politicians and others. It should also be publicising examples of BBC bias on the official website and social media. Fans not aware of messageboard discussions will be completely unaware of the situation.

The entire issue has been handled very poorly by the club.

This post is spot on. The board should have kept club 1872 out of the whole issue, this is a dispute with the club, not the fans. that would have allowed club 1872 to campaign against the BBC for discrimination, we have no fight with the BBC, we are license payers and we are being discriminated against.

The current situation is damaging our club.

I’ve been saying for years this needs sorted out as does media relations with other outlets. In this day and age when it’s all about brand exposure there’s nothing to be gained by being at war with all the biggest PR machines in the country. We can’t force them to print and report positive stuff. According to many I was wrong 4 years ago so no doubt they’ll still say I’m wrong but I can’t see a positive that’s came from it.

Crowdfunding an advert on national press.

Just huge letters....

BBC Bias against
The Most successful football team in Scotland.

Read all about it at:

http:/www.RangersSupportersFightBack.co.uk

________&&_&&_&________
On that website list out their biggest biased pieces. Give a timeline of the history. Also a page devoted to advising all Rangers Supporters All Over Britain to do one of 2 things:

1. Refuse to pay their licence fee en masse or

2. All agree to withhold one month's License Fee - say December when they will be busy.

All this talk of ... Win 55 will shut them up .... No it won't.... they will tramp it up when that happens.

The BBC have already shown thier colours this season and it's only one game old.

The Astonishingly Ignorant statements by the half-wit Stewart has already ramped up the hatred. ( By the way this Cretin should be taken to task by the club)

It's high time Rangers made a decision one way or the other about this situation. The BBC have no intention of giving us a fair and balanced position and seem not to care one jot.

What difference will winning the league make?

Are you kidding? Right now the mentally challengeds think they have us on a string. Thery have the media on a string. Once the balance of power shifts in the league it filters throughout Scottish football. Imagine we were in the CL with SG as our manager and all the mutants from the BBC were banned? You dont think their bosses down south would notice this? I would love this to happen (obviously). us v Liverpool in the CL and no Scottish journos from the BBC or the SUN allowed. People would start to take notice. Right now its open season.

To those among us who wish to surrender to the BBC. Allowing Chris McLaughlin his press pass again, would've changed the reporting of Sunday's match in what way?

Ban them totally from Ibrox , Know its against SPL rules but ban them using any of our coverage ,if the SFA pull us up take them on as well . Take it to law ,there is tonnes of evidence to show their attitude against us any half decent QC would win the case

If we had any decent lawyers then yes good move

But given our recent history in court it probably wouldn’t work in our favour

Are you kidding? Right now the mentally challengeds think they have us on a string. Thery have the media on a string. Once the balance of power shifts in the league it filters throughout Scottish football. Imagine we were in the CL with SG as our manager and all the mutants from the BBC were banned? You dont think their bosses down south would notice this? I would love this to happen (obviously). us v Liverpool in the CL and no Scottish journos from the BBC or the SUN allowed. People would start to take notice. Right now its open season.

You're incredibly naive.
Our winning the league is much more likely to ramp up the hatred than reduce it.
It is,as you say,open season and as long as the same people are in the same positions that is never going to change irrespective of our performances on the pitch.

We need the club to take the lead on this, just what exactly does our PR team do? we need to be seen to be fighting back against all this anti Rangers spin from the media and their pundits.

You're incredibly naive.
Our winning the league is much more likely to ramp up the hatred than reduce it.
It is,as you say,open season and as long as the same people are in the same positions that is never going to change irrespective of our performances on the pitch.

Totally disagree. I'm not saying Stewart etc will change but they will become irrelevant. And given the scenario above, being banned from Ibrox would not go unoticed down south. Winning the league and getting into the CL would strengthen us. We are still seen as an easy target. It wasnt like this when Souness and SWS were winning leagues I can assure you.

what message would any sort of climb down send to all of the tramps who hate us if an organisation can be as openly hostile and kick us as many times as the BBC and we back down?

Also as a source of football news the BBC is an ever increasing irrelevance, who genuinely uses the bbc for updates on us?

THIS. The mainstream media is becoming more irelevant with each passing day, often resorting to fishing for their stories from message boards such as FF. We need to crank up the noise on our own content and drown theirs out. This is a media war we can win.

Note - that is why dissing You Tubers like CJ Novo, who fight our corner, is one of the most counter productive things we can do as fans (see seperate thread on that).

Totally disagree. I'm not saying Stewart etc will change but they will become irrelevant. And given the scenario above, being banned from Ibrox would not go unoticed down south. Winning the league and getting into the CL would strengthen us. We are still seen as an easy target. It wasnt like this when Souness and SWS were winning leagues I can assure you.

Winning the title and playing in the CL would indeed strengthen us as a club, no argument.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that the BBC down south actually care or are in some way opposed to their counterparts in Scotland,they're not. The whole of the Corporation is riddled with pseudo lefties who most likely are in agreement with what's going on.

The sooner we win trophies the better

When SG gets his first win as manager, it might dawn on London that supporting the Scottish bigots is counter productive

Going toe-to-toe with the BBC when we're so clearly weak at leadership level and in PR was never going to end well for us.

I think the plan needs to be a mixture of both. Yes, we should look to resolve the issues. However, at the same time, we must be robust when faced with an agenda.

I’ve been saying for years this needs sorted out as does media relations with other outlets. In this day and age when it’s all about brand exposure there’s nothing to be gained by being at war with all the biggest PR machines in the country. We can’t force them to print and report positive stuff. According to many I was wrong 4 years ago so no doubt they’ll still say I’m wrong but I can’t see a positive that’s came from it.

What are the positives in re-instating McLaughlin's press pass?

I think the plan needs to be a mixture of both. Yes, we should look to resolve the issues. However, at the same time, we must be robust when faced with an agenda.

I don't think we should try to resolve anything, they have shown time and time again that they can't be trusted to report the truth.
They are never going to change their views on us so the club should forget about them.

If we had any decent lawyers then yes good move

But given our recent history in court it probably wouldn’t work in our favour
Even a junior in a clerks office would proved biased against us Davie , every other day they show their bigotry for instance the carry on at Kilmarnock the mentally challengeds done exactly the same behaviour when Lego scored in the last minute even the childish behaviour in not listing us on teletext that day against progress . The banner on Saturday as well done with the total knowledge of the knewdome.
We don't even have to mention the huge elephant in the room ,they have practically ignored the biggest story in Scottish football mind you they are not the only media to ignore it . Agree with the current merchandise lawyers who are either playing a clever game or are just useless should not be used ,there is plenty of other very good QC's they could use .
We have to fight them someway, ignoring them does not work ,just gives them more confidence which now is full blown arrogance .
Appeasement no, take them on every way we can

I don't think we should try to resolve anything, they have shown time and time again that they can't be trusted to report the truth.
They are never going to change their views on us so the club should forget about them.
Exactly, the status quo is how it should stay.

We haven't banned anyone as it stands. It is through their own choice that the BBC refuse to report from Ibrox.
I actually believe they want us to issue a blanket ban.
To give some context to this, in the past I know that Celtic and Dundee have banned BBC reporters from their ground and the BBC continued to report from Parkhead and Dens Park.
The then Dundee Utd manager Jim McLean assualted a BBC reporter at Tannadice and they still sent reporters to that ground.

The current situation was wholly engineered to suit thei agenda. There is no doubting that. It therefore follows that they have no wish to report from Ibrox.

There is nothing the club can do in this situation, more importantly there is nothing the club should do.

Last October when Rangers and the BBC were trying to resolve the situation, They told us that Mclaughlan was leaving to go to BBC Manchester, this was to try and appease the Rangers board, But over the last few weeks he has been back reporting at the forefront of BBC Scotland. they obviously told him disappear for a few months then we will quietly bring you back in. and as I posted before, after his so called move to Manchester, Ironicaly the first thing he did was ask Rangers for an interview the SG.

Have to disagree mate. If we win the league this season.then it will only get worse.we have won our first game of the season and look at what has happened.if we are neck in neck with Celtic for the league this year you,'ll see them cranking up the rangers hatred and negative stories more than usual.

Have to disagree mate. If we win the league this season.then it will only get worse.we have won our first game of the season and look at what has happened.if we are neck in neck with Celtic for the league this year you,'ll see them cranking up the rangers hatred and negative stories more than usual.

Dont disagree with any of that. But after its won is when we will be able to put a lot of them back in thier box. Agree its open season just now and it will be all season.

I agree with the OP.

The status quo is damaging. I can't see how anyone thinks it helps our club.
Do you really think if we call a truce with the BBC things will get better.they have shown before that they can,t be trusted.they will actually get worse as they will see this as us backing down to them.

Dont disagree with any of that. But after its won is when we will be able to put a lot of them back in thier box. Agree its open season just now and it will be all season.
That's where we,'ll have to disagree mate.if we win the league it will not change the BBC,s attitude towards rangers.unless there is a clear out of the rangers haters in the BBC people like English,Gordon ECT then nothing will change for the better. Their attitude towards rangers is to ingrained for them to change unless as I,'ve said they get rid of the rangers haters.since the rangers haters seem to run the sports department then it isn,t going to happen.

In what way will we put the haters back in their box?

Being perfectly honest I find this mindset completely baffling because haters are gonna hate, regardless of how well, or how badly, we do on the park.

The BBC are damaging, it doesn't matter whether they have full access or no access to the club they cannot be trusted to report the truth.
Totally agree mate .I,m actually surprised that given the BBC,s history with us that some posters can,t see this.

Back