The Status Quo with the BBC only harms Rangers, we need all out war or a tactical retreat

A spell in the army now would do them good.
Heard the same thing, over and over from them,about 4500 times. We know what their game is. No good going to Pacific Quay anyway. Should take it to their bosses in London,that should give us a fair hearing,especially if there is a mass threat of non payment. Shit rolls down hill as they say.

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php...-boycott-of-rangers-over-2-years-and-counting

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bbc-refuse-send-staff-Ibrox-6179565

Now get this. This is a cracker Bears.

https://bbcwatch.org/2017/11/16/how-the-bbc-outsources-its-complaints-system/

Towards the end of last month, one of our readers referred in the comments section to an article by Peter Hitchensconcerning the BBC’s complaints system:

“I have many times battled my way through the futile outer defences of the Corporation’s complaints system. This was long ago outsourced to an outside contractor, Capita.

I get the strong impression that Capita is there solely to soak up the anger of viewers and listeners. I can get no straight answer from the BBC about whether complaints made to it are even passed directly to the programme-makers involved.”

The meaning of the BBC’s Audience Services contract with Capita plc is of course that at the first two stages of the complaints system – 1a and 1b – members of the public are in fact not dealing with the BBC directly but with a commercial entity.

Another with SEPARATE ENTITY shite.

You don't mate.

What about your old immobile or infirm Rangers Supporter, in his house, with his radio on tomorrow?

Do you not feel sorry for them?

Some of them have been paying their TV and Radio licences for over 70 years yet they cannot listen to a commentary on their favourite Football Team's first competitive game of the season.

They simply won't have a clue why their national broadcaster does not broadcast Rangers games.

As they twiddle their radio dials scratching their heads, they will no doubt curse the fact their pension does not allow them the luxury of cable TV.

Throughout their lives they had always depended on the BBC to keep them updated on the most successful Club in the country.

They don't know that BBC Pacific Quay has become a putrid and infested swamp where Rangers hating is de rigeur.

Time to blow this wide open Club1872. Now.

It isn't a fair, or balanced coverage George.

I honestly believe we're better off without them.

Just my opinion.

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php...-boycott-of-rangers-over-2-years-and-counting

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bbc-refuse-send-staff-Ibrox-6179565

Now get this. This is a cracker Bears.

https://bbcwatch.org/2017/11/16/how-the-bbc-outsources-its-complaints-system/

Towards the end of last month, one of our readers referred in the comments section to an article by Peter Hitchensconcerning the BBC’s complaints system:

“I have many times battled my way through the futile outer defences of the Corporation’s complaints system. This was long ago outsourced to an outside contractor, Capita.

I get the strong impression that Capita is there solely to soak up the anger of viewers and listeners. I can get no straight answer from the BBC about whether complaints made to it are even passed directly to the programme-makers involved.”

The meaning of the BBC’s Audience Services contract with Capita plc is of course that at the first two stages of the complaints system – 1a and 1b – members of the public are in fact not dealing with the BBC directly but with a commercial entity.

Another with SEPARATE ENTITY shite.

Let's crowd fund an advert at Ibrox..... Sorry for regurgitating my old idea. :) But.'Its a win win. The Club make money out of it and we expose the BBC Pacific Quay CFC bias.

A trackside message on the digital boards:

BBC. 10 years of biased boycot of Ibrox!
Or:

No Stevie G' on The BBC! Why?

Anyone know how much an advert costs? I know there will be constitutional limitations on what the CLUB are allowed to place on these boards. Probably dictated by the SFA, SPFL and our own regulations. But we could surely find a way to get round this?

Create a charity. Register it. Call it:

"Rangers Fans Against BBC Bias!"

Register a website with one page outlining all their bias and lies.

Place the following advert on the trackside boards:

VISIT:
RangersFansAgainstBBC.com

Imagine this scrolling on the message boards at Ibrox - during a game that is being broadcasted all over the world perhaps:

signbot.gif

or a static one:

k_TSZJipm.gif

The BBC is the national broadcaster and the most influential news media in Scotland.

The BBC in Scotland is the de facto media wing of Bheast FC and they are only too happy and willing to use the full weight of their influence to harm Rangers - we saw this last season, the BBC conducted a witch hunt against Morelos, our best player and endlessly highlighted certain Rangers transgressions whilst giving a Nelson's eye to all of Celtic's.

The BBC tactic paid dividends and harmed Rangers, the treatment Morelos was subjected to by officials was a disgrace - and dont forget, when Lennon took over near the end of the season and things were looking a bit shaky, the much maligned Beaton (as 4th official) gave them 7 minutes of injury time in a game with no significant injuries and they got the winner in the 6th, 3 points when they should have got 1. A 2 point present from the BBC.

The BBC are able to cause significant harm to us and we can't do s.hit to them (or aren't doing s.hit). We thought that with the arrival of Gerrard that the London bods may order a negotiated settlement, but that hasnt happened, and if it hasnt happened by now (with the arrival of a global superstar as manager) then it isnt going to happen.

The Bheasts at the BBC dont care, the BBC isnt a commercial operator so a boycott wont have any effect, they get their money from the licence fee, which everyone who watches live tv must pay, on pain of criminal sanction. And they dont care if anything happens to the BBC as a result of the fallout, it's just a job for them, they've got no personal skin in it and in 2 or 3 years they'll have a job somewhere else.

Sticking to martial metaphors, we're like two armies facing off 300 yards apart, but their cannons fire 400 yards, ours only 200. The BBC are delighted to maintain the status quo coz it harms us and benefits Bheast FC. We're not landing anything.

We must either come out all guns blazing, put a total ban in place, call them every name we can think of and expose their staff for what they are (name and shame, get private investigators involved, do what we need to do to win) or else come to some arrangement, even if it is a climbdown, albeit temporary - the hardest league to win will be the first one, and this season will see a media battle like never before. After we win the league once there will be a paradigm shift and our bargaining position will be much stronger. We can then re-open the feud from a position of strength.

Whatever we do, dont continue as is.
I’ll opt for “all out war”if you’ve doing a poll mate. Fuq em.

I'm maybe in the minority, but I honestly couldn't care less about our relationship with the BBC.

I don't miss their coverage one little bit.

You go to the games though.
There are hundreds of thousands of Rangers folk all over the country who rely on the press, the radio and TV to get their Rangers news and opinions. And a large chunk of them are not subscribing to RTV or spend hours on messageboards. They could be schoolkids, they could be pensioners, they could be disabled.

They are being massively ignored in all this. And they won't stop paying their licence fee.

This whole thing needs sorted for them.

There are hundreds of thousands of Rangers folk all over the country who rely on the press, the radio and TV to get their Rangers news and opinions. And a large chunk of them are not subscribing to RTV or spend hours on messageboards. They could be schoolkids, they could be pensioners, they could be disabled.

They are being massively ignored in all this. And they won't stop paying their licence fee.

Fair point mate.

If they only use Press, radio & tv, or are school kids, they won't be aware of a problem.

Bloody hell. Did we ever find out who this rhabid bitch was? She was trying so hard to get Rangers in that she became nervous. Listen to her voice.

Cow.

They don't get Rangers interviews.
They don't get Ibrox commentary.

How can they not know?

How do the BBC explain no interviews or commentary?
They don't, it's passed as normal now.

I doubt there are many looking for anything from the BBC that don't use other outlets.

They don't get Rangers interviews.
They don't get Ibrox commentary.

How can they not know?

You'd be surprised at just how out of touch most of the public is about stuff like this.

The club should have been publicising the situation re the BBC and making sure fans knew about every example of bias.

I fear the board simply doesn't have a clue concerning the propaganda/political side of things.

I’ve not read the thread, fs, I couldn’t even finish the OP, to suggest it’s because of the BBC the filth got extra time to score a late winner is in the absolute mentalist department and embarrassing to us.

We’d be laughing like fuq if a rhat came out with such bollocks

When we didn’t have a dispute they still regularly damaged our brand and screwed us over. I really fail to see how giving in stops that. Our board have had many opportunities to take it further. They don’t seem to want to . Like SD litigation we are in a never ending loop of open season. I find it very depressing.

All these posts, do posters not realise, that those Baskets at Pacific Scum love to see our Venim give it up they are a worthless piece of Shit. We are only making them love this as they sit and read this.

I really don't understand the compiling a dossier bullshit.
Who are we appealing to ???
That mob detest you and continue to poke us at every turn.
Very publicly we should tell them to go and f@ck themselves .
To a man all barred, no interviews , no exclusives and no access.
Their running rings round us ffs.

I trust our board but I don't think there is another institution in the UK that would be treated so badly and seem to have such an ineffective strategy to sort this out.

Heard the same thing, over and over from them,about 4500 times. We know what their game is. No good going to Pacific Quay anyway. Should take it to their bosses in London,that should give us a fair hearing,especially if there is a mass threat of non payment. Shit rolls down hill as they say.

The BBC in London are as bad,if not worse, than Pacific Quay. Their blatant bias over Brexit tells us that.

To the OP....you speak of a tactical retreat. Retreat to where exactly? Do you really believe for a single second that lying down to this mob,admitting that "it's all our fault" and "please send wee Chris back" will change their opinion of us? Will it change how they liaise with the CO? Will it %^*&!
The BBC are vermin and you cannot reason with vermin,you control or exterminate them. There is no other way.

What annoys me about their own self imposed ban is how they manage to have commentary from Ibrox when the Scum are playing but cant manage the rest of our home games,why are they allowed to get away with this are Celtic licence payers more important.

As it goes I dont want them back them not interviewing Gerrard is hurting them how embarrassing for them if we can win something the league being the prize to rub their faces in it.

Ban them totally from Ibrox , Know its against SPL rules but ban them using any of our coverage ,if the SFA pull us up take them on as well . Take it to law ,there is tonnes of evidence to show their attitude against us any half decent QC would win the case

I'd back this, just do something, they are landing on us and we aren't touching them, maintaining the SQ is the worst possible option.

What has a ref adding 7 minutes to a game got to do with the BBC.

The media sets the national narrative, the media hounds refs and intimidates them and makes them scared to do anything that could be construed as anti-Celtic and/or pro-Rangers. Take Beaton after the NY OF game, he receives hundreds of death threats, has him home attacked, life (for him and his family) made a misery and he has to call in Plod for protection.

Now, when Bheast FC are drawing and pushing for a winner, injury time is about to start, the officials are scared to do anything that could be seen to be unfair to Celtic, so they err on the side of caution.

Injury time is never reflective of the time that was wasted in the game, but global convention is 2,3 or 4 mins for a game with no significant delays.

In the game in question, the Bheasts were inexplicably given 7 minutes, and they scored the winner in the 6th.

The officials were scared that at such an important time in the season, if they gave the Bheasts 3 or 4 mins the BBC/media would be trawling over wasted time and demanding to know why the Bheasts never got 5 or 6, insinuating a bias for Rangers - the media do this knowing all the repercussions for the officials and their families that will follow. The refs give them 7 minutes, so there wont be any media generated come back on them.

Fux sax mate, this is such simple stuff and so many of the Rangers support are oblivious to it all.That's why I fear for this season, the Bheasts and their acolytes are playing the game on a different level from us.

You'll not get many agreeing with you but I think you're dead right.

I’m with you and the OP. I’m all for ‘No Surrender’ but there are a lot of Rangers fans whose only media access will be BBC Scotland radio and that’s the problem. Despite the thousands that use the various forums like FF many more won’t. The problem here is how it can be resolved I read on here what Michael Stewart said about the scum’s performance yesterday and it was fanzine stuff so an agreement seems pretty difficult to imagine right now.
In an ideal world we should be able to ignore them completely like Liverpool have done with the Sun. unfortunately we are in Scotland and as we know that’s not an ideal world.

F*** the BBC they will soon be a busted flush when the licence is finally scrapped and they will need to find funding by advertising or subscription.we dont need the BBC .all we need to do in win the league and they will be on the outside looking in as all the other broadcasters are interviewing our manager on winning the title .the BBC is a dinosaur organisation run and hosted by utter wankers

This is incredibly naive, you're saying the media dont have any influence, that is madness.

This is said with respect btw to a fellow Bear, we just cant afford this level of innocence when we're up against a vile cynical mob.
Mate I respect your position and I agree that individuals in the BBC Scotland hate us and indeed other areas of the press,but to use that as a reason for not winning games is a step too far.
If we had been able to beat Kilmarnock last year we would have won the league,the fact is we didn't and that was not the fault of the BBC.

What annoys me about their own self imposed ban is how they manage to have commentary from Ibrox when the Scum are playing but cant manage the rest of our home games,why are they allowed to get away with this are Celtic licence payers more important.

As it goes I dont want them back them not interviewing Gerrard is hurting them how embarrassing for them if we can win something the league being the prize to rub their faces in it.

I believe they watch it on the telly and broadcast onto the radio from there.

Why do we even need BBC sport Scotland anyway? Before this dispute they were hostile toward Rangers and its stayed the same since. Bending over to them isn’t going to change a thing.

Every game is available through Rangers TV, Sky or BT. Sportscene is amateur hour, would it make any difference if a 1 minute interview with Steven Gerrard was added to the coverage?

They still show our highlights, the only thing that’s missing is live commentary from Ibrox, but surely in this day and age just about everyone has means to get coverage either attending games or finding coverage online.

I don’t really see what we’re missing out on.

The BBC is not the press. Other services are available

The media sets the national narrative, the media hounds refs and intimidates them and makes them scared to do anything that could be construed as anti-Celtic and/or pro-Rangers. Take Beaton after the NY OF game, he receives hundreds of death threats, has him home attacked, life (for him and his family) made a misery and he has to call in Plod for protection.

Now, when Bheast FC are drawing and pushing for a winner, injury time is about to start, the officials are scared to do anything that could be seen to be unfair to Celtic, so they err on the side of caution.

Injury time is never reflective of the time that was wasted in the game, but global convention is 2,3 or 4 mins for a game with no significant delays.

In the game in question, the Bheasts were inexplicably given 7 minutes, and they scored the winner in the 6th.

The officials were scared that at such an important time in the season, if they gave the Bheasts 3 or 4 mins the BBC/media would be trawling over wasted time and demanding to know why the Bheasts never got 5 or 6, insinuating a bias for Rangers - the media do this knowing all the repercussions for the officials and their families that will follow. The refs give them 7 minutes, so there wont be any media generated come back on them.

Fux sax mate, this is such simple stuff and so many of the Rangers support are oblivious to it all.That's why I fear for this season, the Bheasts and their acolytes are playing the game on a different level from us.
So how much i jury time was there when we beat them 2-0 last season.how injury time when we beat them 1-0 in December.did the bbc influence the ref in the 1-1 draw with hibs when the game should have been stoped for a foul on tab.but the ref waved play on and they scored.did the BBC influence the ref/lines man when laffertys goal was disaloud against Dundee.

This list is only up until the year 2012. From previous threads:

Extraordiary that we put up with it for so long without speaking out.

Removal of McClaughlins press privelages must remain. The BBC must find a solution how they cover the largest footballing club in the country, it's not incumbent on Rangers to offer a solution.
This situation is patently unacceptable.

The list up until 2012.
. Joke Cartoon of Neil Lennon on hangman appears on Popular Rangers fan site Follow Follow. BBC Report it as a “death threat” on Radio and on the BBC Website. The hosts of Follow Follow (footymad) close down the message board.
• Complete Ignorance of Pearson & Hartson “videogate” scandal.
• Tam Cowan & Stuart Cosgrove continually using the H Word to describe the Rangers support, until it was officially declared sectarian by NbM.
• Upon the signing of Kevin Thomson, the report of the signing on the BBC Website carries a picture, which has been renamed by someone at the BBC to include the word “C*nt”
• Richard Gordon, during his show covering the Transfer Window in 2005, used a racist comment to describe former Rangers player Filip Sebo, joking that he had been “sold to Edinburgh Zoo”
• Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox “Castle Greyskull.”
• BBC Scotland ignore number of emails concerned at the lack of reporting of sectarian behaviour by the Celtic Support
• BBC Scotland schedule specific programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the Famine Song
• BBC Scotland Sportscene Programme’s ignorance of Rangers tributes to Scottish Soldiers previous to Poppy Day, while ignoring Celtic Supporters minutes applause, and walk out the following week.
• When leading on any “sectarianism” news item, using images of Rangers supporters.
• Photo of Nell McAndrew in Rangers kit entitled “HunC*nt1.”
• Spreading the Lie that Artur Boruc was cautioned for blessing himself, across the BBC Network
• Allowing Cardinal PAP to demonise the Protestant Community by claiming there are those who go out to “Punch a Pape”, and put his own spin on sectarian crime figures, which were wholly inaccurate
• Biased Commentary by David Begg commenting on “Derry’s Walls” being sectarian, but no comment on songs from the Celtic Support.
• The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane’s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ‘not guilty’ by UEFA.
• The victimisation of Alex Rae following his 50-50 tackle in a Rangers European tie against CSKA Moscow, and submitting footage of the tackle to UEFA.
• The failure to report on sectarianism within the Scottish Labour Party, and various land deals involving 2014, and associates of the Labour Party
• Use of the headline “Rangers in Union Flag row” regarding the Blue Order organised flag display at Ibrox, with a one sided piece on it on Reporting Scotland
• On the last news report before a cup final involving Rangers and Motherwell, leading on a story about Celtic loan player Craig Bellamy possibly staying at the club.
• Using James Grady to comment on an incident against himself by Lorenzo Amuruso in a Scottish Cup Final with no right of reply for Amoruso.
• Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.
• The Acceptance of Sanjeev Kholi as a football pundit, based upon his only claim to fame in being a “football fan” was to accuse the Rangers support of racism against Mark Walters, when Walters had faced the worst display of Racism ever witnessed in Scottish Football by the Celtic Support at Celtic Park.
• Sending 88 Staff from the BBC to Seville at licence payers expense, with only a handful present in Manchester.
• The despatch of a film crew to Benidorm to report on a Celtic Fans convention that ended in fiasco – and reported it as a success. They have never been present at any Rangers fan convention.
• BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean “only the most blinkered Scots won’t be hoping for a Celtic victory”. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.
• Nov 2006 – Just prior to live coverage of an Old Firm game, broadcasting a programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the football song “You’ll Never Walk Alone”. The last 15 minutes was a tribute to how it is sung at Celtic by two “Celtic fans”, who both happened to be BBC Producers.
• Making the Producers of Blue Peter apologise for using the RHOU in a piece, owing to complaints from a Strathclyde University lecturer who is a member of “Friends of Ireland”
• Ignorance of Neil Lennon’s DOB rant at the Rangers support & Dugout
• The refusal to publish or broadcast any facts on the “bannergate” scandal, where a convicted i*a terrorist painted a banner for the “Jungle Bhoys” supporters group partly funded by Celtic Football Club.
• Following Rangers being the first club in Scotland to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, the following morning’s Scottish BBC news neglected to mention the result at all.
• BBC Reporting of Irish Government intervention from information provided by Phil McGillivan on “the famine song”
• Another misrepresentation was saying the "new" Rangers were "playing their first match at Ibrox". The entry on the SFL website confirms that Rangers are the same club.
• Claiming the murder of celtc supporter Reamonn Gormley was a sectarian attack. Claiming the neds that were arrested at celtc's training ground with weapons were committing a sectarian attack against Neil Lennon (more scum supporters). Many claims we committed a criminal act with the CBTs\second letters\whatever they're called this week - Daly, Douglas Fraser's blog, usual suspects on RS.
• The constant use of Ibrox and the Rangers gates as a backdrop when sectarianism is discussed.
• The editing of Ally's press conference, last season, to make it look as if he disregarded sectarianism.
• Continually quoting from only one faith group when reporting on sectarianism and sectarian crime statistics.
• BBC Scotland not mentioning Celtic getting done by UEFA last year even though the national news did, instead spoke about Pandas at Edinburgh Zoo. Compare this to their reaction when we got done.
• Sometimes it's what isn’t said. Joe O;Rourke wasn’t mentioned. IRA songs and singalong are never mentioned. That "bhoy" with the gun at lennoxtown, Ross Hind - his favourite team was never mentioned. Rangers tax "crimes" are big news, the tax crimes of celtic staff aren’t. It's still playing out by the Mark Daly documentary looks to be a strategic move in the chess game against Rangers.
• Mark Daly trying very hard to get Billy (Turncoat) Dodds to say he had a double contract, even though he said he never ever had one. Campaigning to get Naismith banned for elbowing another player, when Hooper did the exact same thing the week before and they ignored it. Accused Aluko of diving to get a penalty, again campaigning to get him banned, even though it was proved there was contact. Several Rangers players have had the same treatment from the BBC over the years.
• Making a point about the solitary arrest at Peterhead yet failing to mention that Lothian and Borders police are "looking into" a police officer who was on duty at the Edinburgh derby there and allegedly was inciting the home fans. Now which story do you think is more newsworthy? An apparent upholder of the law possibly inciting crowd trouble or a single muppet making a stupid remark?
• BBC Scotland badgered UEFA to take action against Alex Rae after they caught him kicking a CSKA Moscow player in the head. Fast forward a couple of seasons and BBC Scotland cameras capture Lennon clearly stamping on an Artmedia player's neck. There was no campaign for any action to be taken.
• Donald Findlay getting pilloried for a song yet hartson and pearson up on stage with full renditions of ira songs at a sellik republican night out.
• Richard Gordon on Radio Scotland before an Aberdeen v Rangers game said "when I was growing up, it was compulsory to hate Rangers in our house".
• James Traynor commenting after the Osasuna away game, "Yes Richard we all watched the live footage of the police hitting fans with batons, but I say they deserved the battering they got".
• Failing to highlight a knife attack in the Tulloch stadium earlier In the year when one rabid slashed another . Unheard of In my time watching Scottish football.
• Also failing to highlight the stabbing in the pie stall queue a few seasons back at Firhill the season PTFC were relegated. I recall the news report that night gave it a brief mention as if nothing had happened.
• The Hearts ballboy, who got a fractured skull when a scumbag threw a coin at him. The media was all over the attack on poor wee neil the next day, the Rhecord buried it on page 20-something. BBC never reported it.
• Always showing footage of Ibrox with weeds, decaying fence etc. in the foreground, A little pathetic I know from them but they always show footage of Ibrox in the most negative light they can. Cowan doing Huns jokes. Cosgrove admitting he sung sectarian songs. Spence banging on a table when a team scores against us.
BBC Scotland is far from Impartial when it comes to Rangers. It’s shocking that a public funded body act in such a way but that's what you get when you employ bigots. Its sad that a once fine institution can no longer be trusted.
I think we should take out a full page advert in one of the national press and publish this,we could easily crowd fund this

The BBC is the national broadcaster and the most influential news media in Scotland.

The BBC in Scotland is the de facto media wing of Bheast FC and they are only too happy and willing to use the full weight of their influence to harm Rangers - we saw this last season, the BBC conducted a witch hunt against Morelos, our best player and endlessly highlighted certain Rangers transgressions whilst giving a Nelson's eye to all of Celtic's.

The BBC tactic paid dividends and harmed Rangers, the treatment Morelos was subjected to by officials was a disgrace - and dont forget, when Lennon took over near the end of the season and things were looking a bit shaky, the much maligned Beaton (as 4th official) gave them 7 minutes of injury time in a game with no significant injuries and they got the winner in the 6th, 3 points when they should have got 1. A 2 point present from the BBC.

The BBC are able to cause significant harm to us and we can't do s.hit to them (or aren't doing s.hit). We thought that with the arrival of Gerrard that the London bods may order a negotiated settlement, but that hasnt happened, and if it hasnt happened by now (with the arrival of a global superstar as manager) then it isnt going to happen.

The Bheasts at the BBC dont care, the BBC isnt a commercial operator so a boycott wont have any effect, they get their money from the licence fee, which everyone who watches live tv must pay, on pain of criminal sanction. And they dont care if anything happens to the BBC as a result of the fallout, it's just a job for them, they've got no personal skin in it and in 2 or 3 years they'll have a job somewhere else.

Sticking to martial metaphors, we're like two armies facing off 300 yards apart, but their cannons fire 400 yards, ours only 200. The BBC are delighted to maintain the status quo coz it harms us and benefits Bheast FC. We're not landing anything.

We must either come out all guns blazing, put a total ban in place, call them every name we can think of and expose their staff for what they are (name and shame, get private investigators involved, do what we need to do to win) or else come to some arrangement, even if it is a climbdown, albeit temporary - the hardest league to win will be the first one, and this season will see a media battle like never before. After we win the league once there will be a paradigm shift and our bargaining position will be much stronger. We can then re-open the feud from a position of strength.

Whatever we do, dont continue as is.

It sounds so nice what your proposing!:cool:

Is it just me.... but every negative BBC sports Scotland article on Rangers anonymous.

Yet every other article for every other team has an editorial credit named on it!

Am I imagining this?

As someone that relies on media coverage I'd rather do without than give the bbc anything.

What we do need is 1872 to speak to the club about fighting some of the crap that comes out of them. Ask wtf is the point of traynor. Get that shit rolling and get some traction.

We need to challenge the football authorities about making clear procedures (burn the ones they have) on how their compliance officer works and how they obtain their info.

And f**k the bbc.

OP, sorry, you can't be more wrong. If anything, we should be reinforcing our position that we have not banned anyone from Ibrox. We have merely withdrawn reporting privileges from one individual who has an agenda against our club. His employers can send any other honest journalist to report on our games. We are not resistant to criticism, and will take it when merited. We will NOT accept an individual who has a proven negative prejudice towards Scotland's national club. No Surrender! As has been our unofficial motto since time began and will always be.

Is their any course of action we can actually take against a national broadcaster that would be deemed winnable for us as a whole

Back