The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Jacks latest piece tonight

It's a lot of words to tell us nothing we didn't already know, many many hours ago.

The press really do need to get with the times and figure out a way to be relevant again. Anyone with a twitter account and a decent command of English could've written that, without going to the bother and expense of a journalism degree. In a few years, an automated script will probably be able to produce that!

Not having a go at you, Hank, for sharing it. I just rarely read any MSM these days and that piece surprised me with it's irrelevance.

Will be gutted if already Morelos and Aribo are away.

Think we all wanted to believe the small rumours that we would try to renew if we sold other players.

Plus side is we will not be shopping in B&M anymore, exciting times ahead once we start selling regularly.
Although in fairness to B&M I bought a cracker unicorn shaped bedside lamp just before Christmas. No surrender, no regrets.

If Aribo, Kamara and/or Morelos are going, it is vital they go in the next week or so IMO. We need all the time we can get to replace them and have their replacements settled for those qualifiers.
Be great.
But it's not really realistic is it?
Buying clubs can dictate the timing of transfers.
English clubs aren't back yet and Spanish ones haven't long finished.
Could be a long wait.

Aribo saying he's excited for next season and at the start of May saying we are a special Club. People reporting the Club is laxed with his contract status. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a Gentleman's agreement much like Goldson. Where Aribo is free to go for a price both are happy with and there is potential of a contract extension if a Club doesn't meet the price and the window closes.

Letting Morelos and Aribo go before UCL qualifiers would be madness, unless we have sure thing replacements lined up.

I'd rather reach the UCL and get £30m and let Morelos etc move on for nothing if he really wants.

So unless RW has Botheim, Colak and a decent right winger and midfielder on hand, I'd probably hang off.

You have to think that yes the club has guys in mind and are actively trying to get said guys in but I really thought by this point we would have some new faces in, or at least one(And I mean for the senior squad).

Still time left obviously, but it is frustrating no doubt.

Didn’t we say the same thing last year ?

There is always a gamble in football!

Personally I would want Aribo to go which would allow us to at least get 2 players in before qualifying comes up

This.

Aribo goes for £10m and we could get 2 proper quality players in which would make us stronger

Letting Morelos and Aribo go before UCL qualifiers would be madness, unless we have sure thing replacements lined up.

I'd rather reach the UCL and get £30m and let Morelos etc move on for nothing if he really wants.

So unless RW has Botheim, Colak and a decent right winger and midfielder on hand, I'd probably hang off.
Could easily get neither.

Be difficult to say the least if we lose all of Morelos, Aribo and Kamara in the same window.

But I suppose we were always going to have to rip the plaster off at some point regarding sales.

Just personally think it would have been preferable to have been staggered over a few windows.

The issue I would have is that we need to keep the spine of the time at all times string

Keeper - JM

Centre half - CH

Midfielder - JL

Striker - ?

I would prefer to start with Alfie but if he going then let him go now so we can get his replacement in asap so we are ready.

We can’t be signing Colak to replace Morelos surely?
He'll replace Itten, Scouting have different levels of players ie Veerman then with no CL we had to drop to Bacuna. We'll that's the general concensus anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me if Morelos replacement will cost between 4-6m.

No such thing as sure replacements that’s reason whoever was trying to ask earlier would we pay 7m for Morelos loan is reason why we should sell at that price.

Clueless, Morelos is guaranteed goals especially in Europe, stays and he gets us into playoff round of CL that’s 5m minimum. Morelos goals be worth more than 2m over course of season and sets a precisedent to rest of squad we won’t be bullied into shite offers.

Be difficult to say the least if we lose all of Morelos, Aribo and Kamara in the same window.

But I suppose we were always going to have to rip the plaster off at some point regarding sales.

Just personally think it would have been preferable to have been staggered over a few windows.

Sometimes these things are out of your control.

At least by selling a few for a lot of money we can then go out and get some real quality in.

And all with a CL qualifier looming in less than 6 weeks.

It’s concern at how quickly the sales go through and the replacements are brought in.

Some assume a rebuild is straight-forward. I’m not so sure.

Obviously a rebuild is concerning, but we've got more than enough time to get ourselves ready for the CL play offs imo.

In an ideal world we could keep the likes of Morelos and Aribo till then, but the clocks against us with the pair of them, given their contract situations.

Movement in the transfer window can turn on a dime. We could literally go from no business to two or three players signed in as many days.

As an aside, I've always wondered how transfer bids actually get "lodged". Is it just an email? Is there a specific FIFA transfer portal where bids can get lodged and recorded? Could some daft bastard hack Ross Wilson's email and go about putting in offers for players? So many questions.

I listened to the update and he said nothing of the sort.
It wasn’t today it was some time ago. Edgar confirmed we could forget about huge money for Aribo Because there was a fixed release fee once he got down to the last year of his contract. He didn’t say £10 million but he said a fixed amount

No such thing as sure replacements that’s reason whoever was trying to ask earlier would we pay 7m for Morelos loan is reason why we should sell at that price.

Clueless, Morelos is guaranteed goals especially in Europe, stays and he gets us into playoff round of CL that’s 5m minimum. Morelos goals be worth more than 2m over course of season and sets a precisedent to rest of squad we won’t be bullied into shite offers.

That's why I'm saying it's be madness to let them go unless there was 100% sure thing replacements lined up, which would be unlikely.

You can't easily replace one of the top goalscorers in European football.

Be great.
But it's not really realistic is it?
Buying clubs can dictate the timing of transfers.
English clubs aren't back yet and Spanish ones haven't long finished.
Could be a long wait.
Not exactly a bad thing for them to get the deals done quickly either though. I doubt they will need to sell anyone first to afford them and it gets them a full pre-season.

That's why I'm saying it's be madness to let them go unless there was 100% sure thing replacements lined up, which would be unlikely.

You can't easily replace one of the top goalscorers in European football.
And it isn't massively surprising that people might want to sign one of the top goalscorers in European football and we have to be prepared for it.

The issue I would have is that we need to keep the spine of the time at all times string

Keeper - JM

Centre half - CH

Midfielder - JL

Striker - ?

I would prefer to start with Alfie but if he going then let him go now so we can get his replacement in asap so we are ready.

I know we’ve extended a few ageing player contracts too many, but surely we’re not giving Colin Hendry a deal? :oops::D

I’m not surprised if this happens

Felt towards the end of the season with him being used more that it was possibly a sign Gio felt he settled and was able to trust him

Personally I’m not so sure on it. Games he done well in were dead rubber

Might have been dead rubbers but his attitude in the games he played in was very good when he could have easily chucked it with the lack of game time. Only way I would do the loan would be if we could get him permanently at the end of it which we know we won't so better off avoiding it.

Be interesting to see how we replace Aribo Hagi and Lowry both require game time in the no10 role and RW is a position that's screaming out for investment this summer I doubt we sign a traditional no 10 as a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back