The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking the same near enough 11 to go to the well year after year can only be done for so long.

Worth pointing out after Manchester we were papped out by diddies just months later.

We need some additions
As it stands, with one or two additions, and youth breaking through, we'll be fine.

Ross Wilson watching this thread

rw.png

I think Lowry will be a star for us & I hope we can keep him for a while.

Often a youngster coming in to the team is a bit timid & overawed, however Lowry has bags of confidence, always demanding the ball & always looks like he can score in a game. IMO he is the ideal player to be a number 10.

If the right players are around him am not overly concerned about his defensive duties at this stage - we've needed more goals from midfield for a long time & I believe Lowry can supply them.
only in scotland do we do we think 18/19 olds are too young to be relied upon, the dutch have no probs with that at all, Lowry has to be given a chance to prove either way, sink or swim

Last edited:
What would be your preference - left or right footed?

I prefer to see a winger hit the touchline and cross than watching them having to cut back onto their preferred foot
I don't think I'm too concerned on which is their preferred foot. However, I want whoever it is to feel naturally playing from the right, not get dragged into areas of the pitch where we don't need them, and to link up well from that area of the pitch.

Kent got plenty of assist playing on the left as a right footed player. It also allows to introduce an overlapping full back to cross from the byline. But at the same time it's sometimes beneficial to have someone hit the byline before the opposition get back into shape.

I hope wherever Joe ends up playing the fans give him a chance. 70 games is a ridiculous season and he must be about ready to start pre-season again.

This is the type of transfer we should be making eight times out of ten. If he had flopped then we would still have made money selling him back. As it stands we have had several good seasons from Joe and he will probably raise enough for two replacements.

Not sure how you could say you werent impressed with him at Ibrox, he was the best player on the park that night by a distance. Not saying that means we should sign him but he was good that night.
Maybe my memory is failing me but the centre back for them was the only player I remember impressing that night. Was a terrible result for us.

They are just reporting the latest news. Are they meant to ignore it?

A few weird responses. It seems 'fan media' irks quite a number of folks.
No idea why. Those that pay for the privilege get the info earlier, either officially or 'off the record', and get it out there. All the non-paying outlets simply then pick it up and regurgitate it.

Its up to us, the readers, to figure out whether the news is likely genuine or bullshit. Same as it ever was.

Rangers, meanwhile, have money in the bank.

Aribo can be brilliant and yet at other times so frustrating. If he could add more goals to his game then he'd be one we couldn't afford to let go

Clearly David Graham has been briefing the media who have paid for access.
We are being softened up for the transfer beginning to take shape.
I just hope it’s for nearer £15m rather than £10 million.
Although he was very tired towards the end of last season, big Joe has big boots that will need filling.
I do rate Alex Lowry but he is some way away from being Joe Aribo.

He will only get there by playing games and I think would be the ideal candidate to step up into Aribo's position. Then we can use the money for other areas of the team.

Imagine paying thousands to be a club media partner, and then just get fed the exact same shit as everyone else.

Bit of a mugs game. Should be paying them to do the club's PR by the looks of it!
It looks like the club told the media partners they expect Aribo to leave because they expect him to leave. The media partners got this information before the MSM.

Unsure what more you expect them to be told.

No idea why. Those that pay for the privilege get the info earlier, either officially or 'off the record', and get it out there. All the non-paying outlets simply then pick it up and regurgitate it.

Its up to us, the readers, to figure out whether the news is likely genuine or bullshit. Same as it ever was.

Rangers, meanwhile, have money in the bank.

It's bizarre, folk on here seem to genuinely hate anything and everything Rangers related, constantly in a state of rage no matter whatB-)

I think Lowry will be a star for us & I hope we can keep him for a while.

Often a youngster coming in to the team is a bit timid & overawed, however Lowry has bags of confidence, always demanding the ball & always looks like he can score in a game. IMO he is the ideal player to be a number 10.

If the right players are around him am not overly concerned about his defensive duties at this stage - we've needed more goals from midfield for a long time & I believe Lowry can supply them.

Yes, we undoubtedly need more goals BG, and I’m hoping our first couple of signings are based on that.

I think Lowry will get a lot more football this season, but he needs to show that he is working to improve. I just don’t think GVB will hand out the prizes without the effort with his history.

Joe will go with my best wishes if we get a fee north of 10 million. He’s been a good player for us, at times a great player.

It would have been nice to sell him for 20 million, I think the possibility was there at certain points but we’ve never entered a transfer window with him in absolute top form.

Guys like Aribo and ultimately Bassey moving down south and doing well will hopefully show young guys in the English system that coming to Rangers is a viable route to the middle or top half of the English premier league. And you can win trophies and play in the latter stages of Europe while you’re here, training at top facilities with top coaches and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Instead of grinding in the English championship, hoping to hit a good vein of form in an average team playing hammer throwers every four days.

They are just reporting the latest news. Are they meant to ignore it?

A few weird responses. It seems 'fan media' irks quite a number of folks.
Fan media used to be outside of the mainstream. Taking club to task and taking piss in humorous way if needed. Now they're part of machine. Not what it was all about when it started in early days of fanzines then early pods.
How critical can they be, when they're posting on social media about freebies to Euro away days from club sponsors?

Fan media used to be outside of the mainstream. Taking club to task and taking piss in humorous way if needed. Now they're part of machine. Not what it was all about when it started in early days of fanzines then early pods.

Things evolve, they still do what you say here and have set themselves up as an alternative to the media.

Why them finding out Aribo may go and letting fans know causes folk such angst is weird.

It looks like the club told the media partners they expect Aribo to leave because they expect him to leave. The media partners got this information before the MSM.

Unsure what more you expect them to be told.

If you actually read what I said, I didn't expect them to be told anything. My main point was they're paying the club in excess of twenty grand a year and are essentially just a PR machine.

If anything the club should be paying them for PR pieces.

That's all.

An absolute joke he is an authority on club messaging but it is what it is
Whats everyone issue with McFarlane? i listen to the Rangers Review so see him on that but know nothing else of him - does he talk p1sh?

Things evolve, they still do what you say here and have set themselves up as an alternative to the media.

Why them finding out Aribo may go and letting fans know causes folk such angst is weird.
If they're so far in with them how critical can they be? Not for 1st time they're all on messenge with Aribo.
H n H or whoever going to a another sterile PC to me adds nothing for anyone involved.
Waste of 25 k imo. But that's just my opinion.

Things evolve. I'm not sure 'fan media' is the appropriate description nowadays - there are a number of podcasters, for example, that are far superior to anything in the mainstream media.

The idea that they don't take the club to task is nonsense, at least in my experience of listening to H&H (I don't subscribe to any of the others).

They provide a valuable service to the support on many levels.

It's bizarre, folk on here seem to genuinely hate anything and everything Rangers related, constantly in a state of rage no matter whatB-)

Rangers fan: it annoys me why more prominent Bears don’t publicly nail their colours.

Prominent Rangers fan publicly nails his colours

Rangers fan: he’s a cnut/only shows up to the big games/he once talked to a tim/might as well be funding the ira.

If they're so far in with them how critical can they be? Not for 1st time they're all on messenge with Aribo.
H n H or whoever going to a another sterile PC to me adds nothing for anyone involved.
Waste of 25 k imo. But that's just my opinion.

They are critical of the club when criticism is merited like the Sydney tournament for example when it was announced we would take part in it. Are you a subscriber and listen to H+H output?

The media and football clubs have always had such a relationship. Previously it would be a favoured journalist at whatever publication. Now it's through "fan media."

It's not really differenr.

Yep, Darrell King, Andy Devlin, Chris Jack, as examples, have all previously been fed snippets from Ibrox.

Now it's our fan media that get the info.

I don't really see the difference, or the issue.

Things evolve. I'm not sure 'fan media' is the appropriate description nowadays - there are a number of podcasters, for example, that are far superior to anything in the mainstream media.

The idea that they don't take the club to task is nonsense, at least in my experience of listening to H&H (I don't subscribe to any of the others).

They provide a valuable service to the support on many levels.
Not taking to task as they were just talking to the fans. Would the Gubs spot on analysis of Murray and where it was heading from late 90s from memory onwards get house room if the relationship was as cozy back then? I doubt it.

Whats everyone issue with McFarlane? i listen to the Rangers Review so see him on that but know nothing else of him - does he talk p1sh?

He was critical after the 2016 cup final of our fans and made reference to us being the buckfast brigade or something along those lines when he was at the Record. He's now setup a venture called The Rangers Review who have a commercial partnership with the club which gives them media access.

Not taking to task as they were just talking to the fans. Would the Gubs spot on analysis of Murray and where it was heading from late 90s from memory onwards get house room if the relationship was as cozy back then? I doubt it.

It's a bit odd to use that example when Edgar (and a few of his colleagues) were the public front of the campaign against Murray. You also can't use a hypothetical to criticise.

In the past two years, what has happened at the club that you feel fan media has ignored or failed to take a stance on?

How critical can they be, when they're posting on social media about freebies to Euro away days from club sponsors?
I am more than happy to get information from the likes of H&H that I know is reliable and not just made up nonsense.
These guys pay £10K a year to the club to get certain privileges that we benefit from.
I am glad they do as there is no need whatsoever to think that the SMSM have anything that is reliable.
The SMSM only pick up info from the official fan media and other made up sources and try to pass it off as their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back