The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We either sell Aribo this window or risk losing him for peanuts in January or even worse - free next summer.
Pretty sure he'll leave in this window.

And that's the model we need to adapt to.

Player values mean nothing unless we actually cash in, before it's too late.

Get the money in for the lad while we can.

Will miss his talent and magical feet, but it is what it is.

Anyone else feel like we are holding off on signings until the 1st of July?

New financial year in football and only 3 and a half days away.
Wouldn't make sense. You could still sign the player and set it up for payments etc to start in the new financial year.

I don’t know how many here regularly tune into MLS? I was watching LAFC/NYRB last night and a midfielder from the losing Red Bulls side really stood out. Casseres, only 22 and fair number of caps for Venezuela. After Sands I wonder if it’s a market we may go back to. Not so much golden oldies anymore, lots of decent players at a good age.
Definitely a market we should be looking at, a lot of their clubs are bringing in young talented players from South America, problem is if they impress we then could be priced out. Cade Cowell is one I’ve suggested to keep an eye on before and Ricardo Pepi moved to Augsburg for a big fee after doing well in the league and for his country.

Thing is not everyone in hk or with a source will have access to the mystery bid if there is one.

So your chap could be correct, from his source, but the original poster could also be correct as his source says there’s a people after a share in the club
That's true mate and if admin want to pm me I'll tell them who my info came from.

Don't think they will or need to as Mark blasted the rumour too.

If the Aribo release clause of £10m is true, then I think that’s still a great return on our original fee for someone who has contributed a lot over the last few seasons and who is in the last year of their contract. To be fair even if there wasn’t a clause and he had 2 years left, I wouldn’t think we would get much more that £14-15m for him, so £10m is still a fair price. Hopefully will be able to use some of the money to get 1-2 quality players in.

Better wages longer term security perhaps offer him a small chunk of the fee
If he holds off until January, his pre contract will get him higher wages and a big signing on fee.
If he leaves now, help get higher wages than we can afford anyway, and a chance to play in the EPL this season.

I’m posting what I was told in HK….think you’ll find my track record isn’t bad at all on a few things over the last couple of years. So enough of the bollix chat.
Where did you hear that in Hong Kong? No one on our Hong Kong RSC WhatsApp group has heard anything of the sort. I know not every bluenose in HK will be a member of the RSC, but we are a pretty tight-knit bunch out here. And if you are in HK, please come along and join the RSC! Details are here, although slightly out of date (!) www.rangers.hk
Plus, having made my own enquiries with HK-based investors, I can tell you that whoever told you this has 100% made it up.

If he holds off until January, his pre contract will get him higher wages and a big signing on fee.
If he leaves now, help get higher wages than we can afford anyway, and a chance to play in the EPL this season.
That's true tbf an article recently said he hadn't ruled out staying so I'm hopeful.

Where did you hear that in Hong Kong? No one on our Hong Kong RSC WhatsApp group has heard anything of the sort. I know not every bluenose in HK will be a member of the RSC, but we are a pretty tight-knit bunch out here. And if you are in HK, please come along and join the RSC! Details are here, although slightly out of date (!) www.rangers.hk
Plus, having made my own enquiries with HK-based investors, I can tell you that whoever told you this has 100% made it up.

Congratulations on your first post in nearly 5 years.

Five years on this forum, first post is this?

The conspiracy theorist in me would say you're an alt account of someone that's already tried to lay these claims to bed.

Probably not though.
Congratulations.

H&H saying again in their daily update that Aribo does have a release clause in the last year of his deal.

They don’t know exactly how much but they think around £10m.

Also say they expect him to go this window

I thought some of the comments on Aribo were a bit off, including describing him as a "utility player".

At least the Stewart talk as dismissed.

He will be flying next season imo , Nigeria not In work cup decent break , will follow boys progress when he goes , seems a nice lad and a cracking player .

H&H saying again in their daily update that Aribo does have a release clause in the last year of his deal.

They don’t know exactly how much but they think around £10m.

Also say they expect him to go this window
Sorry if OT but is H&H Daily Update only available on a paid sub through Patreon?

I think the club have had the nod he isnt going to sign a new deal hence the briefing to the media partners who all came out with a similar message.
Yep. If Morelos and Kent have serious interest it will be the same with them but I would expect Aribo to have the most interest.

I thought some of the comments on Aribo were a bit off, including describing him as a "utility player".

At least the Stewart talk as dismissed.
Agree , used in correct way and not ran into ground , we seen first half of last season what he is capable of .

What the heck is going on hahahaha

Five years on this forum, first post is this?

The conspiracy theorist in me would say you're an alt account of someone that's already tried to lay these claims to bed.

Probably not though.
Congratulations.
Whoa! Tough crowd!
I used to post on here a helluva lot in the past, so I'm guessing historical posts are lost after a long time.
I'm the secretary of the Hong Kong RSC.
And yes, admittedly, it's been a very long time since i last posted, but given the Hong Kong story, i thought i would give my input.

Whoa! Tough crowd!
I used to post on here a helluva lot in the past, so I'm guessing historical posts are lost after a long time.
I'm the secretary of the Hong Kong RSC.
And yes, admittedly, it's been a very long time since i last posted, but given the Hong Kong story, i thought i would give my input.
i jest mate! I'm pretty sure I remember seeing this account years ago.

Pretty sure he'll leave in this window.

And that's the model we need to adapt to.

Player values mean nothing unless we actually cash in, before it's too late.

Get the money in for the lad while we can.

Will miss his talent and magical feet, but it is what it is.
Don't know why so many struggle with what you've said above.

If we bid for a player at £3m and his club wanted £5m, and the player's contract only had a year left, what would we all be saying?

It's literally total and utter denial, half our fan base expects no less than £20m for every single asset regardless of how long they have left on their deal.

Irony is that even in the worst case, most of the fees mentioned would represent a phenomenal return on the players in question however you slice it.

Kent would be the one where I wouldn't take less cash, I'd sooner let his contract run - we paid £7m so what's the point accepting the same or a bit more?

£10m for Aribo is very good business however you slice it.

Bring us Colak.

I now have no other interest in anything until that deal is complete.

Don't know why so many struggle with what you've said above.

If we bid for a player at £3m and his club wanted £5m, and the player's contract only had a year left, what would we all be saying?

It's literally total and utter denial, half our fan base expects no less than £20m for every single asset regardless of how long they have left on their deal.

Irony is that even in the worst case, most of the fees mentioned would represent a phenomenal return on the players in question however you slice it.

Kent would be the one where I wouldn't take less cash, I'd sooner let his contract run - we paid £7m so what's the point accepting the same or a bit more?

£10m for Aribo is very good business however you slice it.
100% mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back