Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To go back to transfer rumours, I've spoken with 2 people today about Luis Palma - one an Aris Salonika supporter and the other Panathinaikos.

The latter says he is "just ok, no more" and the Aris supporter laughed when I said the price quoted was €5m. Said he's not very good and it would be hilarious if they received that fee for him.

I'm currently in Greece, hence speaking to those supporters.
I said on one of the threads a while back that when I watched the videos I wasn't particularly impressed. Hits a very good set-piece but not a lot more to his game that I saw. Not sure he's one I'd want us to splash 5 million Euros on.

Greek media reporting we bid €3m for Palma but Aris standing firm on their €5m valuation. Saying still fully interested and expected to go back with another bid in June.

Long article but snipped the part about Palma only.

Translation
As far as the transfer series starring the coveted Luis Palma and Rangers is concerned, the truth is different from what they are presenting in Scotland The young Honduran ace insists he is still committed to Aris, but phone calls to his agent's office they don't stop knocking.

The Blues of Glasgow have already submitted a proposal to Aris for the player, but the 3 million euros they offer does not satisfy The Karypides, who has set the initial selling price of the player at five million.

This sum has not yet been approached by any other team, with contacts ongoing but formal proposals few and far between. On the part of Aris, they make it clear that they are not going to sell off the MVP of the season that passed us, they insist on 5 million euros and will show the intention to respect the desire of the 24-year-old striker for the next step.

There may be reports in Scotland that Rangers have stopped tracking Palma, but that is not the case, with Michael Beale's side expected to return with an improved offer in June.

Until then, of course, the suitors will continue to increase, as will the pressure on Palma's side, who for the first time in his career sees his name playing everywhere and his stock market value rising.

A fact that greatly complicates his stay in Harilaou for at least one more season
I'd rather we spend that on Parfait Guiagon if that is the price.

I'd rather we spend that on Parfait Guiagon if that is the price.
Not been impressed with what I've seen of him either.:eek: Seems more substance to the Palma story but I'd prefer we didn't go any further than our initial bid. Move on, elsewhere, on both these players. Certainly at the sort of fees being mentioned.

Not been impressed with what I've seen of him either.:eek: Seems more substance to the Palma story but I'd prefer we didn't go any further than our initial bid. Move on, elsewhere, on both these players. Certainly at the sort of fees being mentioned.
It's obviously all about opinions but I think he would be a fantastic signing! Brilliant close range control, fantastic passer, and loves a shot from distance!

It’s hard to tell from the videos but the boy seems to know how to score goals. Was looking at the Greek league and only 3 times in the last 20 years has anyone scored 21 goals or more (Belgium for example in comparison has 10 times in the last 12 seasons had someone score over 21 goals) Colak also only scored 3 goals in the Greek league, it is notorious for lack of goals. Luis Palma has 11 goals this season from the wing.

It’s hard to tell from the videos but the boy seems to know how to score goals. Was looking at the Greek league and only 3 times in the last 20 years has anyone scored 21 goals or more (Belgium for example in comparison has 10 times in the last 12 seasons had someone score over 21 goals) Colak also only scored 3 goals in the Greek league, it is notorious for lack of goals. Luis Palma has 11 goals this season from the wing.
That’s me sold on him. Sign him up

Saw the same sort of post when Barton, Bruno Alves, Ramsay and no doubt others were all mentioned.

Whilst it may be unlikely, it’s hardly beyond the realms of all possibility that a guy regularly sat on the bench of a basket case Spurs team will need to take a wage drop and may consider potential CL teams for next season.

Those three signings turned out alright didn't they?

Nice bit of research is that!!

It's obviously all about opinions but I think he would be a fantastic signing! Brilliant close range control, fantastic passer, and loves a shot from distance!

4 goals in 37 appearances this season and more often than not he’s coming on from the bench. Doesn’t scream out at me as the stats of a great player. Guiagon that is.

Palma has better looking stats and, as I said, hits a mean set-piece. 4-5m Euros though? Not for me.

To go back to transfer rumours, I've spoken with 2 people today about Luis Palma - one an Aris Salonika supporter and the other Panathinaikos.

The latter says he is "just ok, no more" and the Aris supporter laughed when I said the price quoted was €5m. Said he's not very good and it would be hilarious if they received that fee for him.

Good post but not sure what it means , if anything , two people I assume are random members of public not football experts . And the sample size is rather tiny which I’m not sure about either .

In short i would be certain that our scouts and manager and coaches know better than those two folk .

Last edited:
My opinion, I'd keep sakala, against the orc's when cv was out ,half the game was done, cause in their head's they were frightened of our pace up front .

Greek media reporting we bid €3m for Palma but Aris standing firm on their €5m valuation. Saying still fully interested and expected to go back with another bid in June.

Long article but snipped the part about Palma only.

Translation
As far as the transfer series starring the coveted Luis Palma and Rangers is concerned, the truth is different from what they are presenting in Scotland The young Honduran ace insists he is still committed to Aris, but phone calls to his agent's office they don't stop knocking.

The Blues of Glasgow have already submitted a proposal to Aris for the player, but the 3 million euros they offer does not satisfy The Karypides, who has set the initial selling price of the player at five million.

This sum has not yet been approached by any other team, with contacts ongoing but formal proposals few and far between. On the part of Aris, they make it clear that they are not going to sell off the MVP of the season that passed us, they insist on 5 million euros and will show the intention to respect the desire of the 24-year-old striker for the next step.

There may be reports in Scotland that Rangers have stopped tracking Palma, but that is not the case, with Michael Beale's side expected to return with an improved offer in June.

Until then, of course, the suitors will continue to increase, as will the pressure on Palma's side, who for the first time in his career sees his name playing everywhere and his stock market value rising.

A fact that greatly complicates his stay in Harilaou for at least one more season
The position is Aris Salonica know they need to sell this window . Too much risk re form and contract length to let it move to on to January 2024 or later

I'm not surprised at that. I don't know what people were seeing in him from the videos.

4 goals in 37 appearances this season and more often than not he’s coming on from the bench. Doesn’t scream out at me as the stats of a great player. Guiagon that is.

Palma has better looking stats and, as I said, hits a mean set-piece. 4-5m Euros though? Not for me.
And we want him to replace Sakala

My opinion, I'd keep sakala, against the orc's when cv was out ,half the game was done, cause in their head's they were frightened of our pace up front .
If he’s still here to be presented with another open goal against them it’ll be us that’s scared shitless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back