Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way hearts will part with him easily or cheap, and I don't see what he'd offer that Colak didn't...so if we sell Colak, just together Shankland and aren't better off for it...then I don't see the point.

I'd much rather have Dessers, Colak, Roofe and 1 more who comes in...not to mention Lovelace on the fringes of the squad.

They want £4/5 million that's a hefty premium price you also have the Palma deal which has went the same way apparently.

Bit concerning if true.
Not really.

You have a price scale you are willing to pay and should not go above the top end. Ideally you deal at the low end of the scale.

If £5m is above our top end we move on.

Plenty players out there.

Early days so no need for panic yet of course. I do hope we hear some more encouraging stories/links soon. Aside from maybe Butland, I’m not sure any of our current new signings/realistic rumours are at the level to do what’s required and blow the league away.

Beale said we’d do early business (which we have and which we are doing) but would also enter player trading mode when the window opens. I’m hopeful that our main business is still under wraps, good as this start has been.

If we had to sign a Scottish striker then I’d rather Nisbet than Shankland. Shankland doesn’t really have the physical attributes to play up front for us, even at Hearts they’ve had to use him in a withdrawn role because he can’t stretch a defence.
I’d agree.

Nisbet looks like a player with a few more attributes that might have an extra level with better coaching and teammates.

Shankland looks like a mid SPL striker to me. Good finisher but no real pace/speed/strength.

I don’t think either are going to tear up the champions league but I reckon Nisbet has a higher ceiling.

People were raging when borna was signing a new deal now raging we are replacing him :D
He is a divisive player. Personally I will be furious if we sign an unproven player to replace a Croatian international who (a few howlers aside) I believe has been one of our best players the last 5 years. I would keep Borna over Tav. But thats just my opinion and I'm aware some people hate him. So if he leaves in the summer I and others like me will be furious and the rest delighted. If he stays then I'll be delighted and the rest furious. It is just what it is with him. Tav and Goldson and even Hagi and Colak bring up similar division.

No we dont we have enough players for europe. Its not the big deal people on here make it out to be.
I'll respectfully disagree on this. We had far more proven Scottish players this year and we now hold the unwanted record of the worst ever team in the CL. If we want to qualify again as we have to then we can't afford to go in with even less players!

They want £4/5 million that's a hefty premium price you also have the Palma deal which has went the same way apparently.

Bit concerning if true.

Not having our feet held to the fire over a centre half who played for the team that finished 17th in the championship is exactly the position we should be adopting.

Shankland is going to get "linked" every window, isn't he? Hearts is his level.
I think Shankland is a decent player. But, id add him to the list with mcburnie etc where if he was an open celtic fan then we would be mocking the idea of spending 500k on him let alone a few million. Far too expensive for a 3rd choice when you factor in the spl inflation we would need to pay

Arsenal bought Trusty for around £2m and he’s since went and had successful loan spells.

I don’t think we can expect to get him for any less the £4/5m if we are genuinely interested.

He is a divisive player. Personally I will be furious if we sign an unproven player to replace a Croatian international who (a few howlers aside) I believe has been one of our best players the last 5 years. I would keep Borna over Tav. But thats just my opinion and I'm aware some people hate him. So if he leaves in the summer I and others like me will be furious and the rest delighted. If he stays then I'll be delighted and the rest furious. It is just what it is with him. Tav and Goldson and even Hagi and Colak bring up similar division.

The division with Tav is between people who appreciate his value now and those who wont til he is gone.

Rating Borna over him is about as fucking wild a take as Ive read on here. That position doesnt hold up to even the slightest of scrutiny.

£2 million for Whittaker, Thomson and Naismith wasn't seen as that much nearly 15 years ago now.

Why is this figure still earth shattering to people?

Ignoring the politics, Naismith was clearly going to be very good when we signed him & he was superb at points. Maybe not quite the same level for Thomson & Whittaker but they were both very good players in a strong Hibs team.

You are ignoring the fact the league has declined in quality significantly since back then.

I've seen plenty of Shankland & he's nowhere near good enough & it wouldn't make sense to spend a few million on a guy who shouldn't be better than 3rd choice

Id guess Shankland would cost closer to 2m, they would end up with an unhappy player if Rangers want him and they refuse to sell. I think he would be a terrific signing at that price not just a very good player also a fan of the club that knows the league and how important it is to play with aggression and passion. He gets in the right positions to score and can header a ball.

Also the effort folk put into to explaining how dangerous it is to sign scots is actually quite entertaining.

I know nothing of Panzo just like I knew nothing of Sterling but both would appear to have had a similar amount of games over various loans from EPL clubs.

Can I ask what makes people so excited by Sterlings signing and underwhelmed about Panzo?

Is it all based on youtube clips?

Apparently a section of the Chelsea support wanted Sterling in the first team squad next year. Highly rated down south.

Know nothing about Panzo but there’s always someone that will be underwhelmed. Several posters weren’t impressed when we were linked with Cantwell.

Scott Burns said we were moving on from Douvikas to pursue two other targets, Dessers was one and Lammers was the other. Considering it looks like he was spot on with Dessers, there may be a chance he was right with the other.
Both of them are very exciting. Hope this is true.

I'm also delighted Arfield is joining Plymouth - the thought of him turning out for Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen against us would break my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back