Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is potentially a massive move for him i wouldn't read too much into some of the recent performances look at Morelos and Kent this season completely chucked it when they knew we weren't retaining them.

From a lot of the write ups and general reports he ticks a lot of boxes for what we require in midfield.

Mobile, pacey, drive, creative, and has a goal in it and can play as an 8 or 10 i really hope we get him.

Oh yeah it shouldn't put us off signing him I don't think as he does give us a lot of what we're after.

We've seen it on Kamara from the receiving end, & its not nice to see.
It happens…I guess the key is to make sure we get the best out of players and move them on at the right time. The Kamara situation (much like Kent and Morelos) has benefited no one.

The flip side is that it has benefited us in the past with guys like Jelavic and to a lesser extent Raskin.

The LAFC fans seem pretty annoyed with him recently and his performance in that game. It seems that he’s downed tools for them this season. Looks like a similar situation as us and Kamara.
I'd read similar on the Norwich forum about Todd Cantwell, before he signed for us.

Doubt it will happen but id love it if we signed coady. Wolves defence was sloppy and shipped a lot more goals when he left at Everton they were all shite and having Pickford behind them doesn’t help, one of the most overrated goalkeepers around.

The LAFC fans seem pretty annoyed with him recently and his performance in that game. It seems that he’s downed tools for them this season. Looks like a similar situation as us and Kamara.
I said this a couple of weeks ago and people didn’t take it well. Someone quoted his Sofascore Match ratings to me.

Coady the absolute definition of bang average. Obviously nothing in it anyway but honestly, the absolute opposite of what’s e should be targeting.

Just spoke to my Belgian Colleague (about 2 metres away from me) who is a Genk Season ticket holder. His advice on Dessers is to stay the %^*& away, they were all happy he left Genk and couldn't believe they got so much money for him. He has only ever had 1 good season at Feyenord who didn't want to buy because he was too expensive.

I'm repeating myself as I've posted this before, but he is a poor player.

Agree that Coady’s wages would likely be a stumbling block and fact that he would get a move to a newly promoted team no bother

Only point of interest was that Beale appears to have been assistant manager at Liverpool U21 at time Coady was coming through there. Ironically they seem to have let him go to Huddersfield about the same time Beale took over as U21 manager.

Not saying there is anything in it (fact check- it’s a photo on Instagram) but there’s at least a bit of a closer connection than might otherwise have seemed

Coady will still want to get in the England squad. No chance he comes up here at 30. Not while he's still in with a shout on that front.

Coady will still want to get in the England squad. No chance he comes up here at 30. Not while he's still in with a shout on that front.
Is he really in with a shout of the England squad with the likes of Guehi and Colwill now coming through. Suspect Stones and Maguire are the senior CBs now and there is plenty of younger talent coming through. New Wolves manager may fancy him or if not sure there will be another PL taker.

I'm repeating myself as I've posted this before, but he is a poor player.
I never said otherwise mate, just passing on info from someone that has seen him play week in week out during his time at Genk. Always best to have info from people with first hank knowledge other than from a 5 minute youtube video (Not saying thats you though as I don't know how often you've seen him play in the flesh)

Lol wonder if the people happy to pay 4 mill for a 30 year old centre back are ones who oppose Tillman for 5 mill,....

I wouldnt pay anywhere near 4 million for a 30 yo CB like coady and the wage of estimate he'd be on. No doubting he's a good player but would be an enormous investment
If we get rid of Davies thrn I’d take that deal

No had to a chance to keep up with the thread and it’s Jumped 8 pages since I last read haha so of Cifuentes has been discussed apologies

I watched the game last night and it just passed him by. What I will say is though they were under the cosh most of it and it was like he’d been ask to sit in the number 10 role and hover about there.

If he was supposed to track back then he’s not tried a leg haha can’t see that being the case though and Beale wouldn’t allow that here anyway.

I’d rather go for Trusty.

Much more fitting to the model at 24, and he adds strength & pace to a defence that lacks it.
Is there not room for two CBs in this window?

I really like the look of Trusty and would be keen if we could get him based on things you highlight.

This season showed we were already light at CB, and that’s before we look at switching to a back 3 at times. We are definitely losing Helander and would be a surprise to see Davies go.

Sterling seems flexible enough to be able to cover at RCB if needed, or even in a three. It would still make sense to me if we were looking at an experienced head as well as Trusty type player to get into the squad

Is there not room for two CBs in this window?

I really like the look of Trusty and would be keen if we could get him based on things you highlight.

This season showed we were already light at CB, and that’s before we look at switching to a back 3 at times. We are definitely losing Helander and would be a surprise to see Davies go.

Sterling seems flexible enough to be able to cover at RCB if needed, or even in a three. It would still make sense to me if we were looking at an experienced head as well as Trusty type player to get into the squad

Yes, you'd have to hope we are replacing Helander AND Davies.

I'm with you.

Sterling can cover across the back line, but id rather get Trusty & one other too.

No had to a chance to keep up with the thread and it’s Jumped 8 pages since I last read haha so of Cifuentes has been discussed apologies

I watched the game last night and it just passed him by. What I will say is though they were under the cosh most of it and it was like he’d been ask to sit in the number 10 role and hover about there.

If he was supposed to track back then he’s not tried a leg haha can’t see that being the case though and Beale wouldn’t allow that here anyway.
Wouldn’t read anything into it. Leon are decent and have a great record at home

Yes, you'd have to hope we are replacing Helander AND Davies.

I'm with you.

Sterling can cover across the back line, but id rather get Trusty & one other too.
Quite a few on here ( myself included) were fearful of our defence in depth - especially central defence - at the same time last year

Obviously injuries to Helander & Goldson contributed to that concern
& to be fair criticism of Sands & King was often over the top
But I really don't want to be reliant on shoehorning players out of position or inexperienced into such a critical section of the team again

Keeping Souttar, Davies(if he stays) & Goldson injury free / fit for the entire season could easily be a tall order

So I'm all for getting a decent number of backup contenders who at the very least know that position well

From scouting Twitter, main consensus was “good player but doesn’t look like he cares”

No issues with that for me, it’s a carbon copy of what we’re seeing with Kamara, know the talent is there but has checked out with his move to us imminent
Not trying in the final of a competition. If that’s the case then I wouldn’t go near him. I’m going to watch the highlights, if he just happened to have a poor game, so be it but if his attitude is in doubt in a final then he’s not the right type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back