Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else find Gio's response on a signing not exactly very encouraging?
Edit: that tweet doesn't give the full picture, he did say we are definitely looking to add a player.

Last edited:
4 signings required before the end of the window now.

RB cover, quality RW for starting 11, an 8 to challenge Arfield and a 10 to challenge Aribo.
I suspect Sands will be RB cover. The other three, absolutely. Jack, Davis and Arfield have had poor to inconsistent ongoing fitness. Huge debate about whether Lundstram and Bacuna good enough. Wright runs about a lot but delivers little. Sakala not really suited to RW.

I suspect the Board expect him to crack on with the rest of the season with at best one more signing, probably a loan. If that’s the case after c£16m in up front for Gerrard compensation and Patterson sale, it’s extremely worrying.
Would be a case of them crossing their fingers and hoping the risk pays off.

A few injuries and things can turn

I suspect the Board expect him to crack on with the rest of the season with at best one more signing, probably a loan. If that’s the case after c£16m in up front for Gerrard compensation and Patterson sale, it’s extremely worrying.
If that's the case & we go on to lose the title, we'll look back at this window as to the reason why

Realistically, without spunking money on positions we don't need.

We need a right winger as others have said. I can see us spending money on that.

In terms of cover for Aribo, we have Arfield who can play that position but in terms of more creativity we've got to trust Lowry. We've also got McCann that's been on the bench the last few games was cover.

I'd give them a go before panic buying - and i'm sure we will.

Remember when 55 was won and we had all the chat about not resting on our laurels and that we had to go from strength to strength and not show the same complacency that the bheasts had done, by not strengthening from a strong position and we laughed at them for not having done it? I'm now a little concerned that we may have fallen into that same position this quickly! I know we are 4 pts in front at the moment, but that can all change so easily, and I'm now concerned about the quality fit and available, right throughout the 1st 11.

Arfield barely keeps himself fit, Wright is simply not good enough, Lowry made a promising debut against Stirling Albion. Jack and Davis to come back but neither are attack minded (who knows how Jack will return?).

We are lacking in attacking options - especially wide right.

Fixtures are piling up - we’ll pick up knocks.

Did anyone else find Gio's response on a signing not exactly very encouraging?

Have you watched his press conference?

He literally said “we are definitely looking to add a player in the coming days”

He added that they need to be quality and not just to make up the numbers.

I don’t think you get any more encouraging than that, isn’t that exactly what we’re looking for?

Last edited:
Bronckhorst
“We are looking to add a player, to the squad, but as I said before he has to be a player who we think is right, you don’t want to get players in to just make up the numbers. We are defo looking to add a player in the coming days”
This is what I've been saying for a while. We've probably not been able to get our top target for various reasons, or have went too far down the list. Just going out and spending money doesn't guarantee anything, it has to be the right fit. We've got plenty of squad fillers.

6 days left now and we desperately need a RW.

Can pretend we'll 'wait for the right player' but thats out the window now. We'll take anyone we can get as opposed to playing Scott Wright for the rest of the season.

He literally said “we are definitely looking to add a player in the coming days”

I do think you get any more encouraging than that, isn’t that exactly what we’re looking for?
No I haven't, I just saw the tweet posted in a couple of threads which gives a different impression to the quote you've mentioned there.

The squad is too big as it is we are on 29 players and that's before you consider the likes of Alex Lowry. The club has to start running itself at some point as well without shareholders putting their money in so the Patterson money will allow that to happen as well as money going to off field projects.

There will be some money there to spend but given how big the squad is its understandable the board maybe reluctant to allow any more players to come in.

We didn't spend any money in the summer window but to say we haven't spent money in 3/4 windows is wrong.

We paid fees to get Simpson and Wright in early last January and the summer before that we spent around £10m for Itten, Roofe and made Hagi permanent. Season before 2 loans in January and over £10m again in the summer window on Helander, Kent and Edmundson.
This debate is extremely boring for everyone now, but I said we haven't spent a transfer fee for '3/4 windows.'

21/22 January, 21/22 summer, 21/20 January = 3 windows. Wasn't exactly sure hence the "3/4". I'm not counting the near nominal fee for Wright.

I do think you get any more encouraging than that, isn’t that exactly what we’re looking for?
Let’s just hope it’s not just Souttar he’s referring to.

6 days left now and we desperately need a RW.

Can pretend we'll 'wait for the right player' but thats out the window now. We'll take anyone we can get as opposed to playing Scott Wright for the rest of the season.
Thats how we end up with guys like barker , taking what we can get , i would rather not waste money on another squad player , if the player isnt going to improve the starting 11 then go with what we have

Wilson should earn his wage this week then. He’s spoken of having future marked potential players for each position. Might be time to implement it.
The succession planning though may well be based on summer movement and not January movement. Some of the players who he has earmarked to succeed current first team players may only be available in the summer (e.g. perhaps Doekhi is the succession plan for Goldson but that might only happen in the summer at the start of next season.)

Let’s wait and see what happens before commenting on Wilson. Still time to go. If we don’t bring in a RW then yes, questions need to be asked what the %^*& he is doing because there’s are always loan deals available if we can’t afford transfer fees.

This is what I've been saying for a while. We've probably not been able to get our top target for various reasons, or have went too far down the list. Just going out and spending money doesn't guarantee anything, it has to be the right fit. We've got plenty of squad fillers.
Unless the target was maybe at African nations or something. Hard to say but he seem confident in getting someone in.

I don’t know where you get off on calling a young guy with a serious health condition like Ofoborh a “waster”, but you should have a good look at yourself.
A player that couldn’t get a game for Bournemouth.

It’s got nothing to do with his heart issues. Some people are desperate to be offended at anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back