Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect to Souttar, unless someone is imminently moving out then don’t see the point in pursuing this now. Defence is looking more solid and we have priority areas in midfield and wide right that need addressing first

Forward planning and beds him on for next season

Still not got rid of the (deadwood) players that are not good enough yet still here, I’m not convinced Ross Wilson is the man for the job maybe I will be proved wrong.
Correct, bring in Bain. He could pay off Barker, Simpson and Bacuna to free up space. (I'm being sarcastic as Bain only did what Murray told him to do).
We're stuck with the deadwood, roll on the summer.

I cannot see us doing any business other than perhaps bringing Souttar in early, and Sands who's already signed obviously. I guess all we can hope for is players like Roofe, Jack and Helander coming back from injury and getting a run of games under their belt, I do feel we are short on the right wing though, unless Gio tries Sakala out there?
That would be a bitterly disappointing window if so.

I don’t get this criticism. We could easily get rid of the deadwood. We could pay them off and get rid. It would hardly represent Ross Wilson ’being the right man for the job’ though, would it?

To move them on someone has to want them. They also have to meet our valuation. If we are over-pricing them then it’s fair to level some criticism. However, we haven’t even had a rumour to suggest anyone wants any of our deadwood, so I’m not thinking it’s that. Maybe they are just that shit nobody wants them! January isn’t a window where too much happens in all honesty, and that will be exacerbated by clubs funding issues from CoVid.

You can only sell if you have a buyer. We can’t even get someone who wants them on loan FFS.
Aye but champman

I don’t get this criticism. We could easily get rid of the deadwood. We could pay them off and get rid. It would hardly represent Ross Wilson ’being the right man for the job’ though, would it?

To move them on someone has to want them. They also have to meet our valuation. If we are over-pricing them then it’s fair to level some criticism. However, we haven’t even had a rumour to suggest anyone wants any of our deadwood, so I’m not thinking it’s that. Maybe they are just that shit nobody wants them! January isn’t a window where too much happens in all honesty, and that will be exacerbated by clubs funding issues from CoVid.

You can only sell if you have a buyer. We can’t even get someone who wants them on loan FFS.
I understand what your saying mate but he came in with a pedigree as his job is to over see the squad ins and outs.

Will likely be linked with Sam Johnstone again pretty soon. The interest there is real.
Can’t see it tbh! Guy will go the EPL and be earning £80k a week at least. Money down there is off the scale especially for England internationals.

Sam Johnstone would be such a good signing and with the potential to earn the club £10m+ with a future sale. I can’t see it happening but he’d be guaranteed first team football and chance of CL football. I don’t see him announcing his new club this soon.

It’s all gone quiet around the Siegrist chat. Perhaps he’s just been lined up as a fall back option.

Sam Johnstone would be such a good signing and with the potential to earn the club £10m+ with a future sale. I can’t see it happening but he’d be guaranteed first team football and chance of CL football. I don’t see him announcing his new club this soon.

It’s all gone quiet around the Siegrist chat. Perhaps he’s just been lined up as a fall back option.
Would likely be a McLaughlin replacement. Siegriest that is.

No chance we get sj, hes epl bound.

Very good goalie though.

If we do get him he's 28 doubt he'd have much resale value

If we do get him he's 28 doubt he'd have much resale value
That’s young for a goalkeeper. If we did somehow land him, two good seasons and he’d 100% command a £10m+ fee from England. Exactly the type of ambitious signing we should try to make. I get the feeling SJ would have been more likely with Gerrard still in charge.

I am really hoping for a first choice RW if nothing else - like everyone else it seems. It is a position we have needed to strengthen in for several windows now and not with a project player, a player ready to better the starting 11. Hopefully this week sees some movement on that front.

Do we have the money to go all out on a quality RW?

Genuinely not sure.. the Patterson money plugs the financial hole in our account does it not?

Not sure if we'll have much left over.. unless I'm missing something?

I am really hoping for a first choice RW if nothing else - like everyone else it seems. It is a position we have needed to strengthen in for several windows now and not with a project player, a player ready to better the starting 11. Hopefully this week sees some movement on that front.
It would definitely be welcome, but a box to box midfielder would help enhance those around him.

Both the positions mentioned here aren't cheap either!

If Lewis Ferguson was doable within £2m & we could make it work, I'd change it. With every passing game against the Sheep where ever was once quote anonymous, he is slowly starting to show he has a lot of the less popular qualities needed for playing up here.

Reality is the Sheep wouldn't want to do business & would arguably sell him to England for less than they'd take from us so probably a waste of time.

You think McGregor, Arfield, Aribo, Davis are cheap lol

Don’t get prestige Bosmans mixed up with players on the cheap - they are all on healthy wage packets

Suppose Sakala and Lundstram are the same as above as they were free but decent wages

Generally when it comes to spending money you get what you pay for. That’s my point. It goes without saying if you want to push the boat out financially and put together a package for top Bosmans you can

Kamara is another one where folk seem to like to think he was worth 50k and use that to make an argument fit.
Ok so you want to spend how many £million on a player PLUS the associated wage. You think they come with a smaller salary than anyone at the club? How are they going to be paid for when the club is running at a loss?

None of our players I listed came with a huge fee. I was pointing out that by not paying that fee we could afford them. It's a different ball game when you pay a fee plus the salary of these players. It's not the 90s for us.

Give us an example of the kind of player and fee you expect to be signed. Then have a reasonable guess at what their salary expectation is, and what we can afford. Again, remember we run at a loss unless we sell.

It's just my opinion but we won't pay any significant fee until we sell a second player for at least the same fee as NP. Even then, it will most likely be for far less than what we collect.

Genuinely not sure.. the Patterson money plugs the financial hole in our account does it not?

If we spend more than 25% of the up front fee I'd be very surprised.

People need to remember that the loans are now with interest, as opposed to loans for equity.

That being said, if we sont secure the title we'll need a shit ton more of them for a while so it's a big decision.

I hope so. Also hope it’s not just someone that improves the squad depth rather than improving the 11 right off the bat.

It would definitely be welcome, but a box to box midfielder would help enhance those around him.

Both the positions mentioned here aren't cheap either!

If Lewis Ferguson was doable within £2m & we could make it work, I'd change it. With every passing game against the Sheep where ever was once quote anonymous, he is slowly starting to show he has a lot of the less popular qualities needed for playing up here.

Reality is the Sheep wouldn't want to do business & would arguably sell him to England for less than they'd take from us so probably a waste of time.
Aye, a CM and RW are top of my shopping list but if I could only have one it would be the RW position, I think our midfield can get by till the end of the season.

Ferguson is not for me. Don't get the fascination with him at all.

I think you’re completely misunderstanding what I’m trying to say here

You get what you pay for - even the good Bosmans you need to pay top wack for as they’ll command substantial signing on fees and wages

Going on your logic, Messi was a cheapie because PSG didn’t pay a transfer fee same as us with Arfield, Davis, McGregor, Aribo - relative to us obviously
Not really. Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo came to us on cross border fees. Iirc Leicester valued Bassey around £3million and Charlton over £5 million. I don't know the finances of Bassey but Stewart Robertson said the cumulative cost for signing Aribo was around the £2 million mark. I assume the costs for Bassey would be significantly less but that's a guess. Their wages would be given a boost but not by the millions we saved in fees.

I'm asking again though, what sort of level of expenditure do you want to see on a player or two? Is it Goldson, Helander, Roofe or Hagi level? Is it Kent money? Again, consider we run at a loss. How are we financing it?

Going on your logic, Messi was a cheapie because PSG didn’t pay a transfer fee same as us with Arfield, Davis, McGregor, Aribo - relative to us obviously
Messi to PSG is just silly. PSG have all the funding they need to sign anyone. If they had to pay £100 million and they still wanted him, chances are they would do that too. Other than FFP money means nothing to them. We will never be in that position.

Just over a week left until the window closes. Ideal world we will bring in a right winger, souttar & an 8 but would be surprised if an 8 is signed. Expecting Souttar & a right winger, which will probably be enough until the end of the season but leaves us with another position to sign in what will already be a hectic window.

From the DR​

Rangers transfer news as Andreas Skov Olsen slammed by Bologna boss and John Souttar bid booted out​

The Danish winger is believed to be a target and it appears he has not future with the Serie A side.
0_Serie-A-Atalanta-v-Bologna.jpg

(Image: REUTERS)

Get the latest Rangers news from Record Sport with our daily newsletter.
Subscribe
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Andreas Skov Olsen appears to have no future at Bologna after the Rangers target was blasted by boss Sinisa Mihajlovic.
The wantaway winger was not in the squad for Friday night's Serie A defeat to Verona, along with left-back Mitchell Dijks.
Advertisement

Reports had emerged earlier in the day that both players were seeking a January exit, with Club Brugge and Rangers believed to be keen on Skov Olsen.
Neither player was in the squad and were slammed by the Bologna boss after the match, with the Serb comparing them unfavourably to Nicolas Dominguez who was forced off in tears after trying to play through an injury.
Asked about the pair Mihajlovic fumed: "Let's say they weren't ready...
"They are two players who no longer enjoy being here and I can't keep players here who pull out in our time of need.

"Dominguez should be an example for everyone."
Saturday also brought developments on the John Souttar front as the defender was not included in the Hearts squad to face Auchinleck Talbot

Manager Robbie Neilson made clear his centre-back was injured, but admitted that a bid from Rangers to make his pre-contract move immediate had been rejected.
He said: "We’ve had a bid in, which has been knocked out the ballpark, so we will wait and see if anything else comes in.

0_Heart-of-Midlothian-v-St-Johnstone-FC-Cinch-Scottish-Premiership.jpg

(Image: SNS Group)
"We value John very, very highly and if anyone is going to take him in this window, they are going to need to pay for him because we are aiming for the Scottish Cup and European football and we need to keep our best players.
"John had a problem with his ankle after the game the other night.
"I know everybody thinks it is to do with what is happening, but it was on his Achilles and we felt there was no point in bringing him down here.

"He will be available for Wednesday - until things change."
The offer has been reported at £300k, with Hearts said to be asking for around half a million to let Souttar leave early.

Fellow defensive target Danilho Doekhi was in action for Vitesse Arnhem but saw his side beaten 3-1 after they were reduced to 10 men early on.

I don’t think we can afford to spend even a relatively significant fee. The summer window made it pretty evident where we are budget wise and one player sale isn’t changing that a whole lot.

There are however players that would improve us in that position playing in weaker leagues that should be affordable. Whether we’ll be able to identify the right player and get them at this time is a different matter.

If it doesn’t happen I think we have to give Fashion Jr a run of games there to see what he can bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back