Their desperation to state their result was better than ours

punk

Too many English fans look down their noses at everybody to be fair and we are the belittled near neighbours that make them feel good about themselves . Only when they are humbled do they grudgingly accept that they are not masters of all that they survey and even then, humility is often in short supply. The way that Croatia were dismissed so readily at the WC semi proved that it didn't take a lot for the mask of respecting opponents to slip.

We will always be footballing diddies in their eyes.
I don't really care what England or anyone think of us. Rangers are everything to me and that's what counts. I don't give a %^*& what a Spurs fan thinks

PalefaceRedskin

Juventus aside Italian football is pretty poor, beating the team that finished 8th is not a major surprise.
I think Napoli and Inter are really good sides albeit the former are in a patchy run. That said, you’re spot on re Lazio. In the competition by default.

Captain Cutlass

Official Ticketer
I take comfort in the fact that with that result against Lazio, their fans are now all of the opinion that Lennon is in fact their managerial Messiah and lead them to total domination on both European and domestic football for years to come.
Love it!
;)

Reactions: fmp

mulguy1953

Did anyone watch the lazio game. They are pish. They bet a big name which is good for the Scottish game but the didn't beat a good side.
I watched the whole of the first game Lazio were so much in control & it was almost unbelievable they lost that game.???
Seen the first half of the second game in a pub & it looked like the Manky mob were the better team
However I had the highlight,s of all the games recorded & it looked to me that they rode their luck again
Big Lurch kept them in it & only silly mistakes from Lazio gifted them the victory
Pig sick ,%^*& the co-effitent,
Sorry but auld fationed

TN8

I watched the whole of the first game Lazio were so much in control & it was almost unbelievable they lost that game.???
Seen the first half of the second game in a pub & it looked like the Manky mob were the better team
However I had the highlight,s of all the games recorded & it looked to me that they rode their luck again
Big Lurch kept them in it & only silly mistakes from Lazio gifted them the victory
Pig sick ,%^*& the co-effitent,
Sorry but auld fationed
Pig sick? Have a fucking word with yourself ya clown.

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

With this new euro tournament coming up,both teams getting the co efficient up can only be a good thing,cause the rest here aren't going to help.
Either that or we could end up in top games against inter faroes or something like that for our euro nights.

eyalluvitt

No real need to compare - both great results. For what it’s worth I think our Away draw at Porto was better than their win at home vs lazio and their away win was better than our home win. Getting results away in Europe is no easy business
Keystone cops defending helped them greatly, 2 big mistakes gifted them 2 goals. Still, to beat an Italian team that is miles better than Paolo Rossi's Juve, Maradonna's Napoli and Maldini's Milan deserves great credit.

Ponientebear

Too many English fans look down their noses at everybody to be fair and we are the belittled near neighbours that make them feel good about themselves . Only when they are humbled do they grudgingly accept that they are not masters of all that they survey and even then, humility is often in short supply. The way that Croatia were dismissed so readily at the WC semi proved that it didn't take a lot for the mask of respecting opponents to slip.

We will always be footballing diddies in their eyes.
They did exactly the same thing against South Africa in the Rugby WC, beat NZ so the final was a mere formality uh ah.
Look at the money being pumped into the English leagues compared to our game, look at the difference in population but unfortunately the arseholes who are allowed to run our game have nothing to do with either of these two examples.

Ponientebear

They did exactly the same thing against South Africa in the Rugby WC, beat NZ so the final was a mere formality uh ah.
Look at the money being pumped into the English leagues compared to our game, look at the difference in population but unfortunately the arseholes who are allowed to run our game have nothing to do with either of these two examples.
Us and them are Scottish football, there is no one else who is going to improve the co- efficiency. It’s just a pity Scottish football didn’t realise that with they were baying for our blood all those years ago.

devilman

The only way their result is better than ours is if they are a much worse team. If they're happy to accept that as the reason then fine.

RainMan1972

As someone else said

Lyon 0-3 Rangers

The best away result for a Scottish club in European history and always will be. Case closed.

The Predator

I take great comfort in that their celebrations and night in general would have been completely ruined 2 hours after their full time whistle. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Bear all

They as Greta Thunberg stated shouldn't be up here, they should be playing in the Champions league but no TLB is now a tactical mastermind completely airbrushing the pumping at home from Cluj.

Did anyone watch the lazio game. They are pish. They bet a big name which is good for the Scottish game but the didn't beat a good side.
The tarriers had 5 shots on target in almost 190 minutes in the two games against Lazio and scored 4 of them. Big Lurch played great in both games and Lazio hit the post at least 3 times in addition to having more than enough chances to wrap up both games. Either popcorn teeth is up there with Pep or the 4 leaf clovers, leprechauns n hail marys all worked overtime. I know what I believe. Their arrogance/delusions of grandeur will prove vital to us this season.

tazzabear

they were gifted two goals by a poor side.
Great dummy by the full back for the first.
For the second, poor pass to the septic man, keeper committing himself way too early, defenders not exactly busting a gut to get back to cover.

tazzabear

they were gifted two goals by a poor side.
For the second, poor pass to the septic man, keeper committing himself way too early, defenders not exactly busting a gut to get back to cover.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
We heard you the first time mate.

What was that fanny doing at the first goal though? The second goal is the obvious one to focus on but the full back just letting the ball roll to Forrest is baffling.

willowbankbear

they had a tremendous result , that much is true but so did we . I couldn’t give a shiny shite what they say, not as if they’re going to win the europa league is it ?

wee bud's pit boots

Porto 17 in Europe & Lazio 44.

Their manager may go in the coming days too.
I pointed out the ratings to a 'shettleston' in work yesterday morning and he countered the ratings by saying 'Porto are pish'.

So there you have it. Nothing counts in filthworld unless it festers and bubbles from within. You gain nothing, absolutely nothing by conversation with the fc_u_ks.

I then overheard him an hour later talking about Rangers odds at the bookies on Thursday.

I was going to ask him about the two nuns being 'stabbed' in Africa, but I thought better of it.

It would probably have led on to a diatribe about Masonic missionaries.

buc11

Quite stunning beating a team with Sergio Conceicao, Boksic, Salas, Mancini, Nesta, Simeone, Nedved, Veron and Ravanelli. Oh wait, that was 20 years ago and are no where near the team they once were.

Any win in Italy is impressive but 8th in Serie A versus Champions League quarter finalists. It's really that simple.

nybear

our group is champions league and their group is championship playoffs

Scottish championship that is

Ibroxkev

Don’t really see the need to compare as they were both great results but you could also argue that their result was better as it saw them qualify with 2 games to spare.

That result gives them the luxury of resting players between games.

Hammy

Noticed this as well.

Good result for them but when was the last time Lazio were in the Champions League? Nowhere near Champions League quality.

Porto last 16 last season and one of the biggest names in European football. Young Boys were in the Champions League last season, Feyenoord were in it the season before. Easily a more difficult group.

Govan_derry

Official Ticketer
Over the 2 games both teams had it was 2 fantastic results. No one wants to see them get beat more than me but my dislike for them doesn’t blind me to the fact they done well as did we.
It’s obvious we are pushing each other. A strong Rangers makes a strong Celtic.

jigster

Official Ticketer
Over the 2 games both teams had it was 2 fantastic results. No one wants to see them get beat more than me but my dislike for them doesn’t blind me to the fact they done well as did we.
It’s obvious we are pushing each other. A strong Rangers makes a strong Celtic.

been saying this for a while to celtc fans i know " you'll only be as good as how far we can push you , same goes for us "

Jjbscotty

According to a couple of tims in my work they had a much tougher group :)):)) when was the last time lazio or Rennes were in the champions league?