There's only 1 Kenny Miller

Let’s face it he was picked as the captain for a reason and he stood up and was counted. Yeah he can be as frustrating with his poor touch he’s a no time to think footballer. He still more a bit part player and can influence a match much needed in the Motherwell match. A victory was much needed he provided it , enjoy ffs

No mate, most of us haven't, just a few attention seekers today have. Let's give credit where it is due, Kenny played well today and made a huge contribution as he has done for most of his three Rangers careers...however, that is the first time in about 6 months I could say that.
oh, my, "attention seekers"! You are either conveniently forgetting the previous match threads on here all season where Miller has taken part in games and been hooked because he has been rubbish and many posters on here have called for him to be dropped or you're just at it.

Short memories for a lot of people on here.

He was dreadful all season, his agent has done him no favours re: the situation with Caixinha. Glad he scored today and I hope it continues, but let's not forget it's one game out of a dozen or so.

He was dreadful all season, his agent has done him no favours re: the situation with Caixinha. Glad he scored today and I hope it continues, but let's not forget it's one game out of a dozen or so.
I think those who chose to batter him have shorter memories, rightfully dropped due to to form but windass and Pena should have suffered same fate, therefore,the last manager was hanging miller out to dry, wrongly! That said, if the last manager played miller in his correct position at the start of the season maybe we wouldn’t be having this discussion

The short memory issue is this BS idea Miller is some sort of dressing room destroyer

Smith RATES him Pedro didn't one of they men know what a good Rangers looks like the other doesn't

Quite simply, because Miller once played for the scum then some posters will always dislike him. He could play 20 superb games in a row with very little praise then as soon as his form dips the same usual suspects would be on slating him.

Kenny Miller would be in my starting 11 every week. Superb today and the team fed off his positivity and leadership.

Can somebody "In the know" explain exactly what Miller is supposed to have done?
People are saying they know what went on but no-one has actually been specific, Can somebody shed some light on what Miller did? for us "not in the know" folk, or are people just rumourmongering?

Last edited:
Can somebody "In the know" explain exactly what Miller is supposed to have done?
People are saying they know what went on but no-one has actually benn specific, Can somebody shed some light on what Miller did for us "not in the know" folk, or are people just rumourmongering?
I don't know everything that went on , but I know his agent, acting on behalf of his client I would imagine, tried to destabilise the club the week of a semi final

Kenny played a big part in getting Pedro the sack, didn't follow orders and played a part in creating a divide. I recall an interview at the start of the season where it stuck out like a sore thumb, him refusing to credit the manager with changes that seen the team improve and stating that they as a whole found or stumbled across a way that was successful at that moment. We night never know the truth or his agendas. Doesn't sit well with me though. But we'll done on the pitch today.

I also think he's a big reason we are not in the cup final, concerted effort to destabilise the club at a critical time.

I'm only going to comment on his behaviour on the pitch for now...he has been brutal all season and deserved to be dropped completely from the squad on his play alone, and 90% of the posters on here thought the same.
He has come back as Murty thought he could do a job and he did, i don't agree with he captaincy though, i think that was a step too far when Wes and Jack were also on the pitch so it should have went to one of them as Miller was coming back from a few games off and did not merit the armband.

Now for his behaviour off the pitch...he should not have let his Agent or his Mrs run their mouth off on twitter or wherever else against the manager of our club no matter how much he felt hard done by, it did not help the situation and heaped further pressure on not only the Management team but probably the players as well as it puts them in an impossible situation. I hope he learns from this and remembers it when he is in the Management game and one of his players do not like his management style. You play for Rangers Kenny, not your Manager, get the head down and get on with it, no one said you have to like it...but for the record i'm glad he scored today and hope the squad can push on now and hopefully our season starts today.

Kenny played a big part in getting Pedro the sack, didn't follow orders and played a part in creating a divide. I recall an interview at the start of the season where it stuck out like a sore thumb, him refusing to credit the manager with changes that seen the team improve and stating that they as a whole found or stumbled across a way that was successful at that moment. We night never know the truth or his agendas. Doesn't sit well with me though. But we'll done on the pitch today.

I also think he's a big reason we are not in the cup final, concerted effort to destabilise the club at a critical time.

Absolute nonsense - all based on rumours and no facts.

IF above was even remotely true do you think that Murty would have welcomed him back in right away and made him captain also.? Would he have had the support of the players he did today?

The fact is , and some may disagree, Miller like many of us saw Pedro for what he was and that was a manager who should never have got near our great club. If you ever get in Miller's company his passion and commitment to the club shines through, and as many fellow professionals and managers have commented he is an absolute model pro.

There is only one man responsible for why our season has gone the way it has and that man is not Kenny Miller.

Is it true that over the last week, Miller and DK were out for lunch or dinner, prior to the DK/Pedro evening.
If it is , then it doesn't leave much to the imagination to fill in the story.
I'm not ITK incidentally.

Kenny Miller proved today he downed tools under pedro and at 37 his professionalism has been called into question again imo .

When he left to go turkey the games before he left he was jumping out tackles and not trying a leg imo so I’m not a fan of Kenny as Rangers man Kenny has proved again it’s all about Kenny

Just a wee reminder without Kenny Miller we had beat a better team in St Johnstone than hearts who imo are a poor team .

Kenny might have won over a few of the supporters but not me .

Something I posted in the match thread that was very telling imo is the fact that when Kenny Scored his first nearly every player crowded round him in what seemed to be a show of solidarity.
Now I could be reading too much into it, but that would suggest to me that he had the backing of the players too.
Maybe it's not as black and white as some of the people on here would say.

I have a life outside FF.

hqdefault.jpg

Kenny Miller proved today he downed tools under pedro and at 37 his professionalism has been called into question again imo .

When he left to go turkey the games before he left he was jumping out tackles and not trying a leg imo so I’m not a fan of Kenny as Rangers man Kenny has proved again it’s all about Kenny

Just a wee reminder without Kenny Miller we had beat a better team in St Johnstone than hearts who imo are a poor team .

Kenny might have won over a few of the supporters but not me .

Miller was coming into training everyday desperate to play. Maybe Pedro downed tools by banishing a key player because it was easier than managing him. We still don’t know what exactly went on between then after all.

Miller wasn’t the only player struggling for form up to that point and if lots of players are again you need to look at the manager.

I think those who chose to batter him have shorter memories, rightfully dropped due to to form but windass and Pena should have suffered same fate, therefore,the last manager was hanging miller out to dry, wrongly! That said, if the last manager played miller in his correct position at the start of the season maybe we wouldn’t be having this discussion

No quite though. Peña scored important goals against decent sides. Miller had a goal against a part time European side and one against a lower league side all the while behaving like a stroppy teenager.

Thoughts all being swept under the rug now though. It never happened...

His antics on the pitch have been the telling point, he clearly hasn't been playing to instruction of the manager, he's turned in piss poor performances, failed to to stick up for his team mates on numerous occasions in interviews. Just see for me if he'd have tried a leg during the pedro tenure id have no bone to pick with him, play to your game and let the manager hang himself if he's that bad, don't down tools and give up, we'd be in a far better position i reckon if Miller hadn't downed tools.
And i say that as a big fan of Kenny.

Wouldn't go over the top with Miller but he more than delivered today to ram it down Caixinha's throat including some of our supporters that said Pedro was right.

Miller was treated like shite by Pedro and subsequently our Captain Lee Wallace and Niko Krancjar.....for what exactly? Did they happen to talk back to him and voice their opinion?

But then Miller was supposed to be leaking stories to the Press at the age of 38 for little or no benefit given that he hasn't done such a thing in his entire professional career. It took a long time for me to accept Miller after donning the barrel hoops, scoring against us and punching the chest but he did not deserve to having being made a scapegoat to deflect from an utter incompetent manager and crackpot into the bargain.

Well done Miller.

Listen if you think he did things the right way that's up to you ,

From what quite a few of us know it's the snide backstabbing way he went about things and also went above his station.

"Above his station"? This had to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've read here, he is a footballer not a slave.

Something I posted in the match thread that was very telling imo is the fact that when Kenny Scored his first nearly every player crowded round him in what seemed to be a show of solidarity.
Now I could be reading too much into it, but that would suggest to me that he had the backing of the players too.
Maybe it's not as black and white as some of the people on here would say.

Remember against Hamilton when every player ran straight to Pedro as well?

It's clear that we are still split over Kenny Miller. A split that shows no sign of healing when you look at some of the comments.

He's got some making up to do to the team and the fans. Let's hope this takes the form of helping us secure 2nd place with more performances like today and hopefully none like his performances at the start of the season.

At the seasons end he should be politely told his career at Rangers is over.

Never been so pleased to be wrong in my life,clearly there was a lot of stuff going on that most of us aren't privvy to and had an effect on the squad not just one or two,because that was a great game the team played,especially going a goal behind. It was great to see the team spirit in the team,both in the goal celebrations and at full time,delighted for KM, who's had it tight on here and clearly there were issues which will come out eventually

Miller is the reason we lost to Motherwell and it's his fault we're not in the cup final :eek::eek: Good lord.

I've seen some pretty poor stuff on here posted about Miller, But you take first prize for most bizarre post yet... Well done.

I can only take it on face value.

Every single player looked like they were behind Miller today. Celebrated his goals with him and hugged him at full time.

The same could've been said about Pedro at the Hamilton game though? Every player ran to him when we scored.

Not happy with the way he’s conducted himself this season at all, I think it’s been pathetic to be honest.

But he did the business today and the minute he steps onto the pitch he has my full backing.

Well done Kenny.
Probably covers me. I’m not happy with him and his way too big influence, but today we needed a result and he delivered.

Took his goals well. No doubt about it so why had he not been doing that previously this season

There is still that nagging doubt he did not play well for PC and maybe influenced others however no one will really know

I still think Rangers and him need a parting of the ways at the end of the season

I was one of the folk that didn't take sides in the Kenny/Pedro spat, simply because I didn't know the facts about what actually happened and there's always 2 sides to a story.

What I do know is his agent is a twat and Kenny hasn't been playing well recently.

However, he was outstanding yesterday, led from the front and gave the whole team energy and belief.

A true captain's performance.

Let's see if he can perform like yesterday more consistently or if he'll be back to the donkey he has been since the season started.

Lead by example never stopped and that set the tone you can also see how much morelos enjoys playing along side him I though him and Holt yesterday gave everything on the park and the other players fed off that and though we have to match that

Off the field I'm split until we know the full story of what went on it's hard to make an accurate opinion the one thing I wasn't happy with is the week of the semi final the statement his agent released was unacceptable and disruptive.

Back