They actually still believe they are going to win the league

Their fans are safe in the knowledge though that yeh recent refereeing decisions are really helping them are pivotal moments in time within the games!
They are also looking at our recent performances, which have been very poor and hoping for our previous blips from previous seasons to happen in the run in!!!

What we must ensure is we win our next 3 games before we play them....that is a must in my view....it will ensure there are no seeds of doubt and that we go into the game with them where they know and worry about the “negative what if” as opposed to a “positive possible what if”.
One game at a time still and each of the 3 games should be treated as a cup final!!!

It's farcical to believe that they could win the league, but there is of course a chance they could. If you thought we could win the league last season with nine games to go and 13 points behind, you need to acknowledge that it could well happen this season as well. An argument that denies the possibility undermines pretty much everyone's views on why last season shouldn't have been stopped.

The closer we get the more nervous I'm getting :))

I was super confident it was done at the end of January when they drew all their games after Dubai then lost to St Mirren. Now we are within touching distance I'm so nervous :D

IF we managed only 12 points from the remaining 27, the loss of of those 15 points would entail the melting away of our GD advantage ( especially if we lost twice against them). Relax everyone, not in the least saying this is likely, just that to blow it points wise from here, however unlikely, would mean GD may not be the guaranteed extra point we think it might.

The last few games they have in many ways been playing with the pressure off of them.as the game at piggery gets closer I wonder if they will begin to feel the pressure again.on Sunday for instance assuming we beat dundee Utd they will have five hours to stew on the fact we have extended our lead and one slip up and we might need just a draw at the piggery to win 55.i think they will view our trip to Livingston as where we will slip up.

Arabs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (H)
Scum (A)
------------------
Scum (H)
Sheep (H)
Hivs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (A)

13 points max required. Points vs the Scum count double for a win/ treble for a draw.

St Boo at home the earliest we can win it now.

I know everyone is being super staunch and saying the league is over. I do kind of expect Celtic to drop more points and on the law of averages the league is most likely done but I am not counting my chickens yet. I am an overly cautious person especially when it comes to our team and especially with our record over the previous two seasons.

I am still shitting it at every game, Motherwell and Hamilton as prime examples of what can happen. We didn't lose but against Hamilton we certainly deserved to lose.

I just want it done so I can relax and have a good party until then I will be shitting myself any time we play until its mathematically done.

I know everyone is being super staunch and saying the league is over. I do kind of expect Celtic to drop more points and on the law of averages the league is most likely done but I am not counting my chickens yet. I am an overly cautious person especially when it comes to our team and especially with our record over the previous two seasons.

I am still shitting it at every game, Motherwell and Hamilton as prime examples of what can happen. We didn't lose but against Hamilton we certainly deserved to lose.

I just want it done so I can relax and have a good party until then I will be shitting myself any time we play until its mathematically done.

I just don't trust refs where that mob are concerned. The League should already be mathematically over. Refs have got them over the winning line in 4 of their last 5 games with endless scandalous decisions.

Tbf, us dropping those 2 stupid points late on at Hamilton gave them a boost to go on a winning run. It should be 17 points in front for us this morning. They'd then need us to lose 6 games from 9 remaining. It would already be over.

We still would need to lose 6 for it to swing and that isn't happening. To go back to my original point; the league will be sealed at Parkhead and it will be glorious!

It's farcical to believe that they could win the league, but there is of course a chance they could. If you thought we could win the league last season with nine games to go and 13 points behind, you need to acknowledge that it could well happen this season as well. An argument that denies the possibility undermines pretty much everyone's views on why last season shouldn't have been stopped.
You're right, it is possible, but like us last year its highly unlikely, except we never got the chance to try it.

Arabs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (H)
Scum (A)
------------------
Scum (H)
Sheep (H)
Hivs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (A)

13 points max required. Points vs the Scum count double for a win/ treble for a draw.

If we beat Dundee United, Livi and St Mirren, then we only need to draw with the filth I think. At least that scenario would mean the filth could only win the league on goal difference. We'd be sitting on 89 and the max they could achieve would be 89. We'd hopefully still have a 15-18 goal cushion over them at that point. I couldn't seem them recovering that many goals in the last 5 games coupled with an absolute collapse from us.

Arabs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (H)
Scum (A)
------------------
Scum (H)
Sheep (H)
Hivs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (A)

I think we will clinch it on the first game after the split, 3 wins and a draw at the piggery before the split, and the same for them.

Aye the tims in my work are saying the dip is coming anytime now, and it's still on. I think it was made worse by us drawing at Hamilton, they thought that'd be the end of us.

Arabs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (H)
Scum (A)
------------------
Scum (H)
Sheep (H)
Hivs (H)
Livi (A)
St Boo (A)

No way we get that run of fixtures, we'll be made to play one of hibs or sheep away. Written in the stars.

BTW people can laugh at the suggestion that some Celtic fans still think they can win the league - but there are plenty of people on here who panic anytime Celtic win and think we're about to surrender the league to them.

The place was an embarrassment after the Hamilton game.

To be fair, you can see why they think that. Now they've played all their games in hand including us, they're almost level with us as predicted right?

The pressure is off them now in the league so they are getting results , building up some momentum, outwith the 2 games against us & maybe when they play hibs, they will win the rest of their games (& reduce the goal difference)

For us. Being brutally honest I’m glad these players aren’t playing in front of crowds at Ibrox as the atmosphere as the last few games would’ve been murder as it’s been a trying experience just watching on RTV nevermind being in the stands. Too many of our players have been right off form, Tav and Kent being the obvious ones and we rely on Tav so much in the attacking sense

The dropped points at Motherwell and Hamilton seem especially careless now when we start euro games midweek then games on Sunday.

The quicker we get this league won the better, we can’t be giving them a sniff of anything by dropping points before the next old firm, which ironically being at parkhead will suit us better to catch them on counter attack as they will be going all out in that game.

I'm just sad they won't be in the stands to witness 55 and then they could fling themselves off them

The biggest thing for them that they haven't realised yet is that we are better than them.

Even after everything that's happened this season, the penny hasn't dropped yet. They genuinely think that they have better players than the team that is undefeated in the league and Europe and that has beaten them 3 times in a row and for the most part outperformed them in head to heads for 3 years.

They believed all the crap that has been written about how amazing they are and couldn't see the wood for the trees. I've watched a few of their games recently as I do enjoy comedies. They are not a good side.

I think they are right to highlight the significance of the two old firm games. I reckon we will turn them over twice. The car park will be overrun by hordes of unwashed and finally, once the hangover has dissapated, the bruises on Bernadettes faces has died down and the board has been shot, they will come to the realisation that the world famous Glasgow Rangers are the number 1 team in Scotland once again.

Their officials will really need to up their game, and we will need to start being more clinical to put games beyond the influence of the corrupt bastards.

The pressure is off them now in the league so they are getting results , building up some momentum, outwith the 2 games against us & maybe when they play hibs, they will win the rest of their games (& reduce the goal difference)

For us. Being brutally honest I’m glad these players aren’t playing in front of crowds at Ibrox as the atmosphere as the last few games would’ve been murder as it’s been a trying experience just watching on RTV nevermind being in the stands. Too many of our players have been right off form, Tav and Kent being the obvious ones and we rely on Tav so much in the attacking sense

The dropped points at Motherwell and Hamilton seem especially careless now when we start euro games midweek then games on Sunday.

The quicker we get this league won the better, we can’t be giving them a sniff of anything by dropping points before the next old firm, which ironically being at parkhead will suit us better to catch them on counter attack as they will be going all out in that game.
I know what you mean but that tense atmosphere is normally something that seeps into the pitch when you're struggling but going for leagues our fans are well versed in our part. Yes there's be unbearable tension, imagine the Motherwell match live!? But then imagine that roar when Itten scores, from that point in if we were in the stands it would be encouragement overall in my eyes. Teams would crumble in those moments when we're turning the screw at 1 up rather than us huffing and puffing to the final whistle

I watched the majority of their last 2 games and it's as bad as we were scraping wins under Caixhina/Murty etc. They are that bad.

There is absolutely zero identity or style to them. Slow ponderous nervous build up play, side to side, side to side, then a pot shot from 30 yards or a one two to hit the bye line. They look beyond vulnerable any time a team turns it over in midfield and runs at them. They're lucky they were playing two teams who get a nosebleed in the final third. Their fitness levels are embarrassing.

We will give them a hiding with a full team (fingers crossed) at the Piggery.
Totally agree with that last point. The only reason they gave us a game last time was because we were missing Jack and Arfield and had to stick Aribo in midfield. With a full team I’d fancy us for a comfortable win.

Typical eh last season they said no way we could have caught them and they get awarded a title,year later roles reversed except we have more points yet they can now catch us ..hilarious

We need to lose 5 games from 9.

I like that some of the faith has been restored - we get to watch and listen to them lose it all over again.

As long as there's points to be won then a small % will cling on to the hope that we will collapse . I'm sure it would be the same if vice versa just like last season, last night despite them being the better team with more possession it was only the thickness of the post that was the difference, kamberi shot came back out turnbulls crept in, add off course the referees interpretation of the hand ball and it could easily have been more dropped points.

Craig from East Kilbride on Clyde 1 just now says if we don’t do 10 this year hopefully we can complete it next year,host Duncan says it needs to be in a row,aye but it we can do it next year,the panel were speechless a few seconds!!

Aye the tims in my work are saying the dip is coming anytime now, and it's still on. I think it was made worse by us drawing at Hamilton, they thought that'd be the end of us.
Excellent spelling of your non de plume at least you got the correct number

Sit back, have a beer and watch their death throes.
x318Lia.gif

In the games we have dropped points in, we have won the next game. This is crucial for us, there is no danger we are slipping up and not winning this league. It’s not like Tim’s to believe in fantasy is it

Of course they do, after all they have the SFA, SFPL, Referees and a complicit media wanting it to happen.
Their latest 'run' has been peppered with game-changing decisions in every tie . At least two phantom penalties, stonewall pens denied to their opposition, bookings and sending off's ignored, goal-line clearances et al , all honest mistakes going the one way.

The mentally challengeds get drip fed absolute nonsense about us in the mainstream media, mentally challengeds with typewriters and they believe it. Then they can't figure how Gerrards team turns up and beats teams when we are supposed to be so out of form and scraping results. They literally didn't see us coming because they have been fed so much crap about us and how good they are supposed to be.
Even in our 9 in a row years they used to brag about being the better football team and that we just had the knack of grinding out results

Last edited:
I never believed we could’ve won the league last season when it ended. Rather, I refuse to believe that celtic won it. The would’ve, it didn’t.

Back