They actually still believe they are going to win the league

I know everyone is being super staunch and saying the league is over. I do kind of expect Celtic to drop more points and on the law of averages the league is most likely done but I am not counting my chickens yet. I am an overly cautious person especially when it comes to our team and especially with our record over the previous two seasons.

I am still shitting it at every game, Motherwell and Hamilton as prime examples of what can happen. We didn't lose but against Hamilton we certainly deserved to lose.

I just want it done so I can relax and have a good party until then I will be shitting myself any time we play until its mathematically done.
It’s not about being super staunch.

If Porto were 15 points ahead of Benfica with 9 games to go, had looked better than Benfica all season, had beaten Benfica home and away, had conceded only 8 goals in the league all season, were unbeaten in the league and had a 100% home record we would all say there was no chance Porto dont win the league.

Now change Porto for Liverpool and Benfica for City. Or Porto for Real Madrid and Benfica for Barca.

The reason we are saying it is done is not because we are “being staunch”. It’s because we are being logical and analysing the situation rationally and without emotion. It is those who still believe Celtic can win it who are thinking emotionally and without a rational analysis. To try and throw the “staunch” line at the realists is nonsense.

Last edited:
It’s not about being super staunch.

If Porto were 15 points ahead of sporting with 9 games to go, had looked better than Benfica all season, had beaten Benfica hone and away, had conceded only 8 goals in the league all season, were unbeaten in the league and had a 100% home record we would all say there was no chance Porto dont win the league.

Now change Porto for Liverpool and Benfica for City. Or Porto for Teal Madrid and Benfica for Barca.

The reason we are saying it is done is not because we are “being staunch”. It’s because we are being logical and analysing the situation rationally and without emotion. It is those who still believe Celtic can win it who are thinking emotionally and without a rational analysis. To try and throw the “staunch” line at the realists is nonsense.

I am just changing super staunch for the opposite of petty wetters for the people who don't want to admit the league is done. Sense the sarcasm.

They were pounded last night and needed the referee (who should be questioned) to save their three points.
Soro fouled all night and never even got booked. They used elbows and dived constantly.
Even their most deluded and bitter supporters must surely know deep down they are a mess.
Put a man tight on Turnbull and he's useless. Let them continue to think they are hard done by worldbeaters.
They would all be tuning in to us tonight :shh:

Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Livi was always our split this season.
Our 4 games here, 4 wins and we'd have it won before we even play them I thought. They've bottled it, not even a fight absolutely fucking strolled it, unbelievable. This is magic! Absolutely fucking magic, I genuinely believed we'd stroll onto the piggery as Champions and give them a hiding! Tonight shows me they will slip further and make it a reality. Fucking magic

I think they will drop again before we play them.
I think we’l go there as Champions
Hopefully. They’ve only that one game to drop those points in though. And it’s the sheep. That’s if we are to win it against St Mirren. They don’t play Dundee United until the day after we play St Mirren.

I watched a bot of their game tonight. Lots of possession but didnt work the keeper. Christie should be playing at murrayfield.

We have an identity and a game plan. They honestly look like it's a case of give it to edouard and hope

I watched a bot of their game tonight. Lots of possession but didnt work the keeper. Christie should be playing at murrayfield.

We have an identity and a game plan. They honestly look like it's a case of give it to edouard and hope
Both teams 4 shots on target tells a story

The argument that they still have to play us twice weakens somewhat when you consider they've gone 4 games without scoring a legitimate goal in the fixture.
Even before tonight that was one of the things that gave me confidence knowing that its unlikely we'd lose to them twice in the two games still to play .

Is it just me, or is there something off with Turnbull's face?
latest

Back