They have a bigger re-build than we do.

DC_Bear

Frustrating that we're going to lose this league to a bang average filth team, but I'm confident we'll go on to dominate next season.

They don't own their 2 best players (Jotta + CCV) and the rest of their squad is mediocre. Those 2 will cost them their transfer budget if they even want to be there, and they've still got garbage like Barkas and McCarthy on their books, eating up their salary budget.

The Japanese are blowing out their arses and Gio has them sussed tactically. Back Gio in the summer transfer window and I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll be back on top. We have by far the better squad already.

Chins up and on to making history Thursday Rangers. WATP.

Sort of agree, they will buy Jotta as sure they have an option to. Without Vickers they are garbage at the back. Is that O'Reily a loan as well or is he their player?

Frustrating that we're going to lose this league to a bang average filth team, but I'm confident we'll go on to dominate next season.

They don't own their 2 best players (Jotta + CCV) and the rest of their squad is mediocre. Those 2 will cost them their transfer budget if they even want to be there, and they've still got garbage like Barkas and McCarthy on their books, eating up their salary budget.

The Japanese are blowing out their arses and Gio has them sussed tactically. Back Gio in the summer transfer window and I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll be back on top. We have by far the better squad already.

They don't really, to be perfectly honest with you.

But aside from that, concentrate on us, not them.

They’re unbeaten in nearly 30 games domestically. That being said we scooshed the league last year unbeaten and clearly it didn’t have much baring on this campaign as we stood still in the transfer windows.

If we can get into the CL as well, hypothetically we will be in a much better place. Out of the 30/35m we would both get, they’d need to spend close to 20 of it to stay still by buying their loan players, whereas we have contracted everyone we would want to keep.

They won't be getting either of them . The CB is wanted by teams in England and Jota is asking for 35k plus a week and doesn't really look like he wants to stay there in any case.
Even if they did manage to blow money on them they aren't players that would concern me if we get our own recruitment right.

Is it not the case that one of their Japanese players is a loan signing as well ? I'm thinking Maeda ? ( Wikipedia has him on loan from Japan )

I'm sure the price of Vickers will end up going up, unless they have some sort of price agreement beforehand. Another thing to note is that the japanese players hit the ground running as they were already deep into their seasons, I expect Hetate and the bald one to just be average squad players for them long term

As you say with Barkas and plenty of other players already eating up their budget, could end up being that a chunk of the champions league money just goes directly to players wages and such, and as usual their board will take their share as bonuses and stuff too

They don't really, to be perfectly honest with you.

But aside from that, concentrate on us, not them.

We're in a 2 horse race, I think it's ok to keep tabs on our sole competition.
I'd take our squad over theirs, circumstances have gone against us this season, I think we're the better team.

I'm sure the price of Vickers will end up going up, unless they have some sort of price agreement beforehand. Another thing to note is that the japanese players hit the ground running as they were already deep into their seasons, I expect Hetate and the bald one to just be average squad players for them long term

As you say with Barkas and plenty of other players already eating up their budget, could end up being that a chunk of the champions league money just goes directly to players wages and such, and as usual their board will take their share as bonuses and stuff too
Are spurs not wanting funny money for Vickers?

My issue is other teams in the league barely try against them (apart from livi & hearts)

The players they have will win them plenty games. We need to be more consistent & see games out

That wee Mcarthy most be on a wedge as well

Walker and McCoist were in agreement that Celtc have the stronger squad and bench, Ally saying we had no game changers on the bench.
Fair enough Ally, but you could have taken our injury list into consideration today, Alfie, Roofe,Haji and Ramsay,( o.k., always a gamble), would all be considered key players in any squad.

Regardless of what state they are in, we need work in all areas of the park. They can buy/loan whoever they want but we need a bigger squad and a lot of new players to bed in quickly.

The option-to-buy part of the loan deals for Jota and CCV doesn’t guarantee that the player will agree to singing for that lot, if the player doesn’t want to, then there’s nothing Celtic can do about it.

Are spurs not wanting funny money for Vickers?
no idea, last I heard was around 10 or 11 million but that mind end up going up even more, thing is he has been by far their best defender, so not keeping him would be a daft decision on their part

It's galling how shit they are. A decent keeper (Hart) a decent midfielder ( the phantom of the up the ra) a good centre half (the yank wank) & corrupt Refs are all that have got them where they are. Hopefully VAR finishes their cheating ways for good.

Walker and McCoist were in agreement that Celtc have the stronger squad and bench, Ally saying we had no game changers on the bench.
Fair enough Ally, but you could have taken our injury list into consideration today, Alfie, Roofe,Haji and Ramsay,( o.k., always a gamble), would all be considered key players in any squad.

Had RTV on in the US so didn't hear that. Ally can frustrate at times, always trying to be liked.

I'd have brought Lowry on for Arfield at 1-1, felt he'd have created something, but we'll never know.

You on the glue? We have a massive rebuild coming this summer whereas they will possibly lose Jota and Vickers. They will also have champions league money to use.

Sort of agree, they will buy Jotta as sure they have an option to. Without Vickers they are garbage at the back. Is that O'Reily a loan as well or is he their player?
Not so sure Jotta wants to stay. Any interviews he backs off sharp when asked and too much badge slapping. Compare that to when we had Kent on loan. Kent was always dropping hints of staying. And Vickers hasn't said much either.

Don't see it at all.

We'll more than likely have to replace the following..

McGregor
Goldson
Davis
Kamara
Aribo
Kent
Morelos

If the above don't sign new deals they will be sold/released. Kamara will rightly be sold.

no idea, last I heard was around 10 or 11 million but that mind end up going up even more, thing is he has been by far their best defender, so not keeping him would be a daft decision on their part
Am pretty sure ah read spurs are wanting him back.

12ish million to stand still with Jota and Vickers
They will definitely have to pay it if they want Jota. Benfica aren't going to look at him and say he's coming back a much improved player or good enough to play in Portugal & Europe, so they will either want to offload him at that money or loan him elsewhere. CarthorseVickers will depend on what the new Spurs boss wants to do but as a defender and younger than Jota he's got time to develop in a better league, or they might take the cash to spend elsewhere on their own rebuild.

I hope they sign Carter-Vickers cos I think he's a big fucking pudding

Starfelt and vickers against a refreshed rangers front line sounds good to me
Mate they have a far better defensive record than us this season.

It’s things like this we have seen posted all season while we watched us go from 7 points ahead to 6 behind and we are still clinging to the same shite

Back