McGregor

Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Aribo
Kent
Morelos

There's seven for starters.

Throw in Kamara, Davis, Arfield as well.

We already have a better keeper, 2 excellent full backs and CH cover + I expect at least 3 or 4 of those players to extend their contracts. If not we sell to the highest bidder and let Gio bring in his Dutch / continental replacements. Maybe I'm a glass half full guy, but i feel pretty upbeat, despite not getting the win we deserved, against a rested and full strength filth team.

I'm not sure that CFC are even looking to rebuild at the level Rangers are looking at.

imo they have settled for a squad of players that will win them the Permiership league title.
For them, Europe is purely a bonus.

In that respect, even replacing every one of their squad isn't that big a problem.

Whereas we are trying to do the two things at the same time and although we have players that do look good in Europe, in a harsh league campaign they haven't done enough.

Replacing domestic-standard players will alwasy be easier than replacing good all-round players.
Celtc have set their standards and it has to be said, have guaranteed £30m + with that strategy this season end.

I'll disagree, it's still debatable if they will keep Jota and Vickers, but even if they don't, they need to sign 3 or 4 players.

We are looking at more than that. McGregor will be away, Goldson possibly, we need an additional CB as we seem unable to get a full season, or close to it, out of Helander, Davis likely done, Arfield may be done, Ramsey unlikely to stay, Diallo will be away and Morelos could be away.

Add in that we can't rely on Roofe to stay fit, Wright and Sakala are not at the level to be relied upon in the big games (I appreciate he scored today but that doesn't mean he's ready to be our first choice) and the end result is we will need to sign more than they do.

The key point though, is despite the fanfare of fat Anges signings, Kyogo has done heehaw since his injury, the other 2 Japanese have been found out, Hatate has been anonymous and Maeda just runs about, oriley isn't going to boss a midfield and their lanky Greek guy will score against the dross but not us or in Europe.

We have nothing to fear in their current squad, but we need to make signings who improve our first team and do it immediately to ensure we are kicking off on the front foot in August.

McGregor

Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Aribo
Kent
Morelos

There's seven for starters.

Throw in Kamara, Davis, Arfield as well.
Sure if we sell half our team we will have a bigger rebuild, anyway those player sales will probably net us 35-40 million, coupled with patterson sale, our europa league run money and at minimum Europa league next season, even if we have a bigger rebuild we should have far more cash to do it with

I'll disagree, it's still debatable if they will keep Jota and Vickers, but even if they don't, they need to sign 3 or 4 players.

We are looking at more than that. McGregor will be away, Goldson possibly, we need an additional CB as we seem unable to get a full season, or close to it, out of Helander, Davis likely done, Arfield may be done, Ramsey unlikely to stay, Diallo will be away and Morelos could be away.
Mclaughlin did well enough in the semi final for me. Will need an understudy.

We’ve gifted them 40 million smackers.
Sticks in craw.

They won’t spend it on big money players though. They’ll use it to hold onto their current squad and to balance their books. That’s what they’ve always done. I honestly don’t see the champions league money being as big a difference maker as the media make it out to be.

We already have a better keeper, 2 excellent full backs and CH cover + I expect at least 3 or 4 of those players to extend their contracts. If not we sell to the highest bidder and let Gio bring in his Dutch / continental replacements. Maybe I'm a glass half full guy, but i feel pretty upbeat, despite not getting the win we deserved, against a rested and full strength filth team.

I think if they want their moves it'll be this summer. Not many teams are forking out big money for SPFL players over 26. I'd also be wary of giving guys like Aribo a bigger contract when they don't show up for half a season.

There's also the argument that the squad badly needs a fresh injection of new blood throughout it.

Last edited:
We have a lot of work to be done on our own squad ... and with a limited budget.
I would expect at least two new forwards that improve our overall scoring in games - especially when we are dominating games. There are quite a few replacements also required - possibly replacing Morelos, Roofe, Itten, Arfield, Davis, maybe Goldson, Barisic. For a whole bunch of reasons.
Our last two performances against them should them up - but also proved how poorly this team applied itself for most of the season.

Absolute nonsense. We need an enormous rebuild and we're already 18 months behind where we should be in it. People need to stop looking for staunch points and face up to reality. In the next window we need to sell 3 starters and bring in around 6 plus 3 or 4 really good rotation options.

We have a massive summer on our hands. Celtic need to improve greatly too, to be honest. They've scored late winners all season where we've conceded a load of weak equalisers to drop points. Two bang average teams domestically and only our European form has us down off the ledge.

If we sold anyone but Morelos, Bassey or Tavernier I wouldn't blink and eyelid because we could replace them all easily enough. A lot of work to turn around this team into one that can grind out a title win when neck and neck.

I’m not sure on that one mate, I understand where you’re coming from.

Sell aribo and kamara if I had to chose and then we can start talking about a rebuild

They have a team for the Scottish league but will get annihilated in Europe, we have a team that will do well in Europe but struggle against the shite we have in the Scottish league. That 19th Century Terrorist team is shite also but we aren't able to take advantage of the obvious flaws that decent teams can and that shouldn't be too hard to remedy. They have a far bigger rebuild than we do.

Walker and McCoist were in agreement that Celtc have the stronger squad and bench, Ally saying we had no game changers on the bench.
Fair enough Ally, but you could have taken our injury list into consideration today, Alfie, Roofe,Haji and Ramsay,( o.k., always a gamble), would all be considered key players in any squad.
Not forgetting Helander and Balogun

Sort of agree, they will buy Jotta as sure they have an option to. Without Vickers they are garbage at the back. Is that O'Reily a loan as well or is he their player?
They'll pull a centre half out the bag....they always do.

Mate they have a far better defensive record than us this season.

It’s things like this we have seen posted all season while we watched us go from 7 points ahead to 6 behind and we are still clinging to the same shite

This.

Total idiocy.

Carter Vickers has been the standout centre half in Scotland this season. Massive part of their defensive record.

They will need to spend the guts of 16 million on both ccv and jota. Seen it on Twitter the other day that the ccv price is 6 million rising to 10. They don’t have a bigger rebuild but we do have a few to be brought in.

McLaughlin will replace McGregor imo. Will need two first choice cb’s. A right winger, I think we will sell aribo so will need a main cam. And I don’t think Morelos will be sold in the summer due to his injury. But we will still need a first team calibre striker to back him up. On top of that the likes of Davis and arfield will need replaced. Lowry and McCann will probably be brought in imo as squad players this summer but will still need an experienced midfielder brought in to fight with jack for one of they sitting midfielder roles.

they have built a team to compete in our league not Europe. Not convinced they have a spine of a team to compete in Europe. They have a job on their hands if they are relying on ange to raid the Japanese league again.

I really hope we continue to focus our recruitment on players who fit the tactics at a European level. Obviously want to win the league, if not this season then next but we should not let that blind us recruiting loads of Scottish dross.

Not true. Look at our bench today. We need a good striker, we’ll lose Goldson, Davis needs replaced and we need a left back. We need to do this within an extremely tight budget. 1 decent player sale, win the Europa and we’ll be laughing!

I strangely have been thinking this. And winning the league this season will paper over the cracks and Ange will be the saviour. It could help us in a way because they won’t make wholesale changes and will be thinking they’re gods gift

Don't think Jota will sign for them as for Vickers not fussed think he's overrated and they won't be paying 6 million upfront probably half that and the rest in instalments

There’s a lot of utter fantasy land stuff in here, which is quite typical of this place after a big match.

We have a absolutely massive rebuild on our hands this summer, unless we can keep some of the players I expect to leave. Maybe we’ll do it well, maybe we’ll do it poorly, but anyone suggesting it’s not a big job is kidding themselves.

They faced an (arguably even bigger) rebuild this summer. They did it very well. If you want evidence of that, I challenge you to find one single person who believed they would be lifting the league trophy this season.

I hope they sign Carter-Vickers cos I think he's a big fucking pudding

Starfelt and vickers against a refreshed rangers front line sounds good to me
Bang on
Has started well everywhere he’s been then gone to shite.
His honeymoon period has just been a bit more prolonged with Celtic coz most teams don’t test him

We have a rebuilding job to do and so have they, whether they pay money for the loan players or try to find replacements is a question for them, but either way it costs.
We have a few lads coming to the end of contract or the end of their time with us, we also have two or three good youngsters coming through, maybe now is the chance to give them serious game time.

Optimistic OP.

The Scum need to spend what? 15 million to keep George and vickers. That's a good chunk of the CL wedge. Throw in another 3 they are obligated on the baldy japanese sprinter and that's roughly 18m of the 25m they'll get for CL group stages. Just to stand still. They'll throw more money at the fat aussie to spend, no doubt about it.

We'll be losing ooc

Mcgregor
Goldson
Balogun
Davis
Arfield

1 year left on deal

Aribo
Kent
Morelos
Helander
Barasic

Our transfer budget will be what? 15m at best? We need to play this perfectly.

We really need to trade well

I think you’re forgetting that we have a massive rebuild to do as well.
And irritatingly we will have to do it on the basis that we will have a Europa league budget.
You never know but I cannot see us winning the Europa league this season.
And that leaves us in the position where we will only be able to spend X amount until we know whether we’ve managed to make the champions league group stages next season. So it will be bargain basement until our European qualifiers are complete.
If we do then manage to make the UCL groups, it will be last minute panic buying to some extent.
However, we will be in a much better position to compete in the domestic front of that happens.

Optimistic OP.

The Scum need to spend what? 15 million to keep George and vickers. That's a good chunk of the CL wedge. Throw in another 3 they are obligated on the baldy japanese sprinter and that's roughly 18m of the 25m they'll get for CL group stages. Just to stand still. They'll throw more money at the fat aussie to spend, no doubt about it.

We'll be losing ooc

Mcgregor
Goldson
Balogun
Davis
Arfield

1 year left on deal

Aribo
Kent
Morelos
Helander
Barasic

Our transfer budget will be what? 15m at best? We need to play this perfectly.

We really need to trade well

Not only that, but the figures quoted here are higher than all of the ones I’ve seen in the press.

They’ve got a bit of tweaking to do, we’ve got a whole squad overhaul. Role reversal on last summer.

I think you’re forgetting that we have a massive rebuild to do as well.
And irritatingly we will have to do it on the basis that we will have a Europa league budget.
You never know but I cannot see us winning the Europa league this season.
And that leaves us in the position where we will only be able to spend X amount until we know whether we’ve managed to make the champions league group stages next season. So it will be bargain basement until our European qualifiers are complete.
If we do then manage to make the UCL groups, it will be last minute panic buying to some extent.
However, we will be in a much better position to compete in the domestic front of that happens.
Or we approach it the other way and invest for the champions league and then sell a few big players if we fail. That’s better than trying to get into the CL with free transfers or dross

our problem this season is our Goalie won't command his 6 yard area resulting in us chucking away a good few points, lets get a good gk on board

Or we approach it the other way and invest for the champions league and then sell a few big players if we fail. That’s better than trying to get into the CL with free transfers or dross
If we take that approach then we hold onto Kent. Alfredo probably Kamara and Aribo.
By then Goldson, Balogun Davis and maybe Arfield will have gone.
That would mean potentially having to get deals for those players closer to the deadline and probably reduce their value significantly, especially if they had not performed particularly well in those Euro qualifiers.

It's what we should have done this summer.

Invested up front, brought in, for argument sake Veerman, skov olsen and another striker. Gambled on that getting us by malmo.

If it didn't then sell an asset to cover the shortfall.

I reckon they must be burning through 1.5M per season each on Barkas/McCarthy/Ajeti/Bolingoli on wages. Not to mention dramatically reducing transfer values.

Frustrating that we're going to lose this league to a bang average filth team, but I'm confident we'll go on to dominate next season.

They don't own their 2 best players (Jotta + CCV) and the rest of their squad is mediocre. Those 2 will cost them their transfer budget if they even want to be there, and they've still got garbage like Barkas and McCarthy on their books, eating up their salary budget.

The Japanese are blowing out their arses and Gio has them sussed tactically. Back Gio in the summer transfer window and I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll be back on top. We have by far the better squad already.

Chins up and on to making history Thursday Rangers. WATP.

I do agree that they have real challenges that we've shown up today I the summer. Keeping what they have will cost around £15m

However in terms of quantity, I think we will have the far bigger upheaval job in the summer - particularly owing to players contracts running down.

That's now to say it's necessarily a bad thing, but when you throw in GVB's clear lack of faith in some squad players, it could easily be 10 in and out.

Not saying we have to sell anyone, but I doubt every player we want to will Renew, so well end up cashing in.

Back