This is not the fault of Dallas

If we could do our job on the park there wouldn't be a thread about referees. Embarrassing stuff

Why? How dare we expect a ref to apply the rules of the game fairly . Nobody is denying we didnt play well but, people must be watching a totally different game if they cannot see that today the sheep were allowed to hack down our players and in particular Cosgrove without fear of being booked thus knowing they are not getting sent off.

If the ref had applied the rules fairly and in particular in the first half and booked the sheep players who kept booting and fouling our players whenever they got near the sheep goal thus stopping the flow and movement of the game.

This match could have been so different had he did his job and booked their players as they would have thought twice about any other further challenges in case they got sent off.

clearly we are being treated differently. Do those have no issue with the ref not ask themselves the question

Would Alfie have been booked and sent off for the challenges the sheep players and especially Cosgrove made today?

He didn't exactly help things but not the reason we didn't win. Cosgrove not getting booked is just astonishing though.
Our centre half’s do my head in at times. At some point someone has told Connor goldson he’s a ball playing centre half’s...I can assure you he’s not. He’s masted passing the ball straight to Aberdeen tho
Set up our best chance with a great ball.

You are obviously beyond helping. Better just leaving it if you can’t understand that players getting booked changes their game.
It doesn’t change the fact that we’ve been shite since the winter break and constantly blaming referees is just nonsense

yes the referees have been pathetic but our players have been equally as bad since the turn of the year

He didn't exactly help things but not the reason we didn't win. Cosgrove not getting booked is just astonishing though.

Set up our best chance with a great ball.

He did but he also passed the ball straight to Aberdeen on at least four occasions, including one from a attacking free kick. It’s the little things like that are so frustrating.

It doesn’t change the fact that we’ve been shite since the winter break and constantly blaming referees is just nonsense

yes the referees have been pathetic but our players have been equally as bad since the turn of the year

There is no denying that our players were shite today.
But it is incredible that people can’t see that we are being hamstrung by questionable refereeing.

It is possible for our players to be both shite and also for the referee to have a part to play in our performance.

There is no denying that our players were shite today.
But it is incredible that people can’t see that we are being hamstrung by questionable refereeing.

It is possible for our players to be both shite and also for the referee to have a part to play in our performance.
We know what we’re facing every week and it’s upto our players to counter it

I coukd see the argument if we were playing well and not winning due to decisions but last week and today not one decision has cost us points

it’s the players inability to break stubborn teams down and the managers inability tochange a game with a tweak in formation or tactics

I agree OP.

don’t get me wrong, the ref was crap, but he was absolutely not the reason we couldn’t break them down, our lack of creativity was. Anyone trying to blame the ref for today needs to take the tinted specs off.

Would Dallas get away with refereeing a game like that at the San Giro? No he wouldn't, he would be destroyed by the Mhedia. Cosgrove committed at least six fouls, dived twice and kicked the ball away with no punishment. We are not looking for favours of refs, just proper and consistent application of the rules.

Cosgrove committed about 10 fouls and at least 3 blatant dives.
McKenna and Logan were guilty of numerous fouls, several of which should have been yellow cards.

Arfield suffered a burst lip from a clear elbow at the edge of the box, where Dallas didn't even give a free-kick, never mind a card.

I fully understand that we were poor today and we need to do much better in order to break teams down, but if Dallas does his job properly, their game changes completely, otherwise they are down to 8 or 9 men and it is a completely different game.

So, in effect, yes it is our fault, but Dallas also had a huge influence in how the game panned out and is also very much to blame.
Absolutely spot on.

I coukd see the argument if we were playing well and not winning due to decisions but last week and today not one decision has cost us points

it’s the players inability to break stubborn teams down and the managers inability tochange a game with a tweak in formation or tactics
Just to be clear here, are you saying our players need to learn how to counter cheating?

Hahahahaha..

You don't think Aberdeen not having at least 2 players sent off cost us points..?

You're wrong, it did.

Thought the ref and assistant were very poor today, however didn't really effect the out come of the game.

The players should have done better. But it is difficult when the opposing team are allowed to commit serious fouls repeatedly and don’t get booked as per the rules of the game. It’s really not difficult to understand.

Gerrard has to take the blame for this one. It seems he has not learned previous lessons. If he doesn't figure out how to beat organised but very ordinary teams were done.

It's a lot more difficult when the opposition are allowed to make foul after foul without being cautioned. Shay Logan should have been sent off, wasn't even booked.

Were you at Ibrox today?
I was mate yes as I am every other week

just sick fed up hearing referees as an excuse

reality is our players haven’t been good enough since the winter break

exact same as last season

The players should have done better. But it is difficult when the opposing team are allowed to commit serious fouls repeatedly and don’t get booked as per the rules of the game. It’s really not difficult to understand.
Like I said earlier mate, serious fouls are red cards not bookings

It was handy for Aberdeen that they were allowed to commit serious fouls without yellow cards to deal with any threat.

Oh absolutely , they had three bookable offences early on . And the same on Wednesday , when the ref kept bottling from showing a second yellow a couple of times , but we can't ignore the fact we've lost the momentum we had before the shutdown .

I was mate yes as I am every other week

just sick fed up hearing referees as an excuse

reality is our players haven’t been good enough since the winter break

exact same as last season
Then you seen with your own eyes the effect Dallas had on that game. You're willing to give the cheating fcuk a pass, I and many others are not. Why should he get away with it?

Then you seen with your own eyes the effect Dallas had on that game. You're willing to give the cheating fcuk a pass, I and many others are not. Why should he get away with it?
I’m not mate no but just to point the finger and put blame on the ref for us dropping points today is mental

we didn’t deserve to win that game with that abject lethargic performance

could still be playing now and we still wouldn’t have broke the sheep down

Cosgrove committed about 10 fouls and at least 3 blatant dives.
McKenna and Logan were guilty of numerous fouls, several of which should have been yellow cards.

Arfield suffered a burst lip from a clear elbow at the edge of the box, where Dallas didn't even give a free-kick, never mind a card.

I fully understand that we were poor today and we need to do much better in order to break teams down, but if Dallas does his job properly, their game changes completely, otherwise they are down to 8 or 9 men and it is a completely different game.

So, in effect, yes it is our fault, but Dallas also had a huge influence in how the game panned out and is also very much to blame.
You are right there . His decisions were blatant cheating

For every single opponent in this league apart from one, the difference in budget and quality should mean that the opposition manager could ref the game and we should still be winning most weeks. We are failing due to our own shortcomings of lack of depth and quality. Not because of referees.
We have depth and quality though in abundance - we just dont have any creative spark. happy to play it side to side and then back. Think we are seriously lacking in confidence as well

I’m not mate no but just to point the finger and put blame on the ref for us dropping points today is mental

we didn’t deserve to win that game with that abject lethargic performance

could still be playing now and we still wouldn’t have broke the sheep down
You're missing the point. I want Rangers to be reffed fairly. That today was an absolute disgrace. But our board have capitulated to the filth off the pitch and have allowed this situation to develop.

It’s not one or the other. It’s a mixture of both. Primarily the blame lies with the players, but ignoring Dallas’ performance out of some sort of staunch defiance, doesn’t move us forward any.
Agree. We should have been moving forward together in this. The yellow given to our defender today for dissent over a yellow for cosgoves was astonishing to say the least.

You're missing the point. I want Rangers to be reffed fairly. That today was an absolute disgrace. But our board have capitulated to the filth off the pitch and have allowed this situation to develop.
The boy portals is a troll. He’s not for swaying on this. He’s a stirrer.

Back