Three cheers for the red, white and blue

What does annoy me is everyone ending the song apuptly after singing “the UVF” instead of rounding it off with one more “three cheers for the red, white and blue,” the way its done when its sung outside of the football.

Given our song book you would think that no Scotsman fought in WW1 and the Ulster regiments done it on their own. Do we have a single song that celebrates the bravery of young Scotsmen?
Wish the club would occasionally play Sing for the Boys pre match - its a great song about Rangers player Jimmy Spears, who joined up and was killed in WW1.

Never said it had anything to do with Rangers. But I don't think everyone is as clueless as you and others seem to think. That was the jist of my post.
And by the way, going by your logic, you maybe think the club shouldn't bother with an armed forces day at all.

I'd say it was far more disrespectful to our armed forces to pretend that the majority of the morons shouting about the UVF at Ibrox had any idea about...

Combat
Sacrifice
Death
WW1

The people who are crying about the SNP trying to turn Glasgow into the Belfast of the 70's and 80's with their devisive, anti protestant policies will be the same people still singing about the f.ucking UVF and pretending it's nothing to do with the Belfast of the 70's and 80's

The real answer is because it’s ‘proper staunch’ to shoehorn in anything about the UVF, IRA or whatever wherever possible.

Gets a few sniggers between groups of people when sung, grows in to an official addon.

Not strictly related to this but it pains me that one of the loudest lyrics sometimes is ‘%^*& Bobby sands...’. Our fans signing louder about bobby sands, who has %^*& all to do with RFC, than the team itself.

Bedtime for me, I think.
" proper staunch"!

That's you won a point in predictable response bingo.

Back