Three year deal agreed with Scott Wright, talks to open with Aberdeen over switch now -DailyRecord

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will jump down my throat here because you're not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.

We need to sign players who will come in to our squad as others will be leaving.

Because you've probably not heard of them doesn't mean that they won't improve our team. I think the manager and Ross Wilson have to be trusted here as they've done a good job so far.

People will jump down my throat here because your not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.
They're all young players that improve the overally quality of the squad significantly in the short term and in the long term we hope they grow into regular starters or sellable assets.

These aren't the only signings we are going to make, we will make bigger signings in the summer

Look at it this way Wright replaces Jones/Stewart.
The midfielder from Bournemouth will probably replace Zungu in the summer and the defender from Bournemouth replaces Edmunson.
We will add quality to tbe squad in the summer but it will probably involve selling 1 or 2 key assets.
That's what I see these deals hopefully being Wright can easily replace both Jones and Stewart for what they have given this season and spending £2 million on Zungu doesn't seem to fit our model when we can get in young Ofoborh for a small development fee and hopefully develop him further and sell for a huge profit and I think the fact Simpson is left footed he would give us more balanced options at centre back and Gerrard has kept an eye on him for a while so there is obviously something he really likes the look of

They need to work out if it is good for them to lose the player. Could he be a difference in placings? Meaning more money.

I hope he will come now though and think he will.
If fans were allowed in he would be a cert to come now. You know how they react to a Rangers bound player

These aren't the only signings we are going to make, we will make bigger signings in the summer

I think these are the pre-contract signings that we want in now. Get them bedded in for end of the season and next season. You bring a roofe level player in, he doesnt need bedded in as much.

Like it or not we need to sign scottish players for the el squad that's where trying to pick up talent like wright hastie etc comes into it signing longer term plans and also our youths

I actually think in a few years of our youths make the grade and are integrated properly a good few of them will make it

Surely if the they owe us £350,000 for McCrorie then take £200,000 (being generous) off the price to get wright in just now . No need to add jones to any deal or am I wrong ?

Loaning them Jones may be in our best interest regardless tbh. They've still to play the mentally challengeds 3 times this season, and for some reason I get the feeling Jones would do well there which boosts our chances of landing a fee for him.

People will jump down my throat here because you're not allowed to say anything deemed as negative just now but hopefully these deals are just for the future and we will be buying quality in the summer as i don't see how Wright and the lads from Bournemouth take us to the next level, we will need some quality for the CL.
Look at the impact of former Brighton, Dundee, Charlton and Aberdeen players and players from smaller or little known clubs like Osijek, St Gallen and Genk.
The scouting department know what they want and how to develop players.

Our recruitment team have earned our trust with our recent signings. Not seen much of any of them but they must have the attributes needed to fit into our system.

Think we will see Jones, Edmondson and Barker move this window

Even if he doesn't come till pre-season, it is great to see that we are getting business done. There is a plan in place for the team and worked on.

It wouldnt surprise me if we know who we might sell in the summer.

Open wide...

Morelos from Finland.
Jack from Aberdeen.
Tav from Wigan.
Kent from Liverpool u21s.

You'd think at some point this rush to write guys off based on the club they play for would stop.

Agreed. In commentary and analysis people mention we do what we do almost all the time and when a player drops out the player that comes in, knows what we 'do' and this is why we are good. We have a system and that trumps all and the players come into the team for that system. There may be other better players but will they improve the team.

Excellent news thought he was terrific against the mentally challengeds when he came on in their 3-3 game and genuinely think he will fit into our system. Not yet a world beater but hopefully we can improve him.

Tell us all about your expertise and analysis Vs the clubs experts who decide who to sign?
Do you leave the ground at 78 minutes?

Low risk signings. Could be classed as a punt but for every Hastie and Jones we could pick up a Kamara or Bassey.

I will trust the recruitment process as we have had more hits than misses. All transfers are gambles and Wright could play multiple positions and can improve under our coaching. Wright may be penciled in as cover that will get game time than Jones, Barker Stewart. If we can get one utility player it can save wages if we are able to get fringe players sold. I reckon this is a small gamble as wont be crazy wages and if he is better for us than other fringe stars we have strengthened for minimal outlay.

If our scouts and our coaching team have decided it's worthwhile bringing in Wright in January then I'm happy with that. I honestly can't say I know much about him as a player but there is some value in Scotland, you only need to look at Jack and Kamara to prove that.

Next season i expect we will sign a starting midfielder and another striker. If Kamara, Morelos or Barasic leave, they will be replaced like for like.

Not against him signing but he turned out last week with an alice band in his hair. Sort that out!

What is buying quality?

I'd never heard of or noticed Alfredo Morelos, James Tavernier, Glen Kamara, Ryan Kent, Borna Barisic, Connor Goldson, Filip Helander, Joe Aribo, Leon Balogun, Ianis Hagi, Kemar Roofe, Cedric Itten....

Low risk, potential high reward. Got to trust these types of signings. They’re the ones that could make our business model work.

None of them are. All projects.

Stay calm.

Guess we'll need to wait and see.

Our squad is already good enough for the CL as is, though.

It's a smart signing. Still fairly young , Scottish, will cost us nothing and good ability. Put him in and around better players than he's used to playing with at the sheep and who knows what can happen. Low risk , if it doesn't work out we lose very little .

I would leave him with the sheep until the summer.

He’s got 3 games against the tims that now means more to him.

Theres quite a few in there you should have known/noticed, I’ll guess you don’t bother with football outside of Rangers?
Being realistic only Roofe, Hagi (cause of his dad) and Helander would be known to most fans, even clued up ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back