Thursday is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not one to start a thread normally but several hours after that defeat I’m probably on stage 5 (acceptance) of the Kubler Ross change curve.

Thursday’s game is more important in my mind.

Bring them on.
agreed, i trust the new management team to get everyone back in line and firing on all cylinders

If we lose on Thursday can we just say that next Sunday and the league is more important then?

In the grand scheme of things Thursday's game is an irrelevance
Every game is important

I don’t know how to say this but I agree with both of these. Winning breeds winning and another slump on Thursday could be catastrophic for us. So we have to win for
me but ultimately it’s a nothing game. We aren’t going deep in the europa - I’d be Shocked if we got past the play off round so it is somewhat meaningless if it wasn’t for the need to quickly start winning games.

To be honest I’m not sure it makes much difference if we finish 2nd or 3rd in the group, we would probably have more chance of a run in the conference league.

A cup win would have given us a huge boost. If that lot win the first trophy it will galvanise them

3-0 down after half an hour against the scvm would be horrendous, against Hibs it’s almost unbelievable. It was a total sh1tshow and we need rid of some of these players over the next 2 months.

To be honest if Gio can get us the league title, that supersedes every thing.

Today was pathetic - inexcusable. But we won’t remember if we win the league.

Granted, this was the year we were meant to kick on and win multiple trophies. But gerrard’s departure kind of forces a reset.

As we stand now - we’re 4 points clear. The new manager can work with that. Champions league qualification awaits.

If we get through - great. If we don’t….6 points v Livy and Hibs and I won’t give a hoot.

We can worry about the Scottish cup when GVB is settled in

To be honest I’m not sure it makes much difference if we finish 2nd or 3rd in the group, we would probably have more chance of a run in the conference league.

A cup win would have given us a huge boost. If that lot win the first trophy it will galvanise them

I think Hivs will win the battle of the rhats in December.

Every game is as important as each other, we need to win trophys.
However if I has to pick 1, it would be a comfortable win on Thursday because its worth far more revenue than the league Cup.

No. The momentum this could give that other mob by giving them another trophy shouldn't be underestimated.

In the grand scheme of things getting out of Europa groups is/was nowhere near as important as our first league cup in what, a decade now? Also had the chance to keep the confidence high going into a difficult domestic spell as well.

Europe became irrelevant the second they blew champions league money that we needed so badly.

Stop lying to yourself. A win today gets us in a final against a piss pour team.

Now hibs won't lay a glove on the tramps

No, the game today was more important. I'd rather have us in a cup final than win on Thursday.

Crap, every game is relevant and we need to get this into the mindset of our players.Was embarrassed today and dread Thursday,especially if Tav and Kamara are starting would say Goldson also but with shortage of central defenders we have no choice there.
I highlighted these three but IMO McGregor and Aribo can be added to the list along with possibly Morelos.

Don’t think we should be saying this game or that game is more important . It was semi final fk same and we didn’t show up. Winning on Thursday won’t erase that game today for me as much as I would like it too

I’m someone who would normally puts European respectability above winning cups.

But it’s a balancing act and since we can’t seem to win a cup, Europe is becoming irrelevant. I know it brings income but after today, our absolute priority is to win the league.

For all the chat previously that the Sparta atmosphere would be electric, I think it’s will be another damp squib - apathy again.

Sorry m8, it's not!! We needed a shot in the arm and the league cup was very important! The fact it's been a long time that's we've won it (and a trophy that belongs to us), it's the first one we could have won, we haven't now! Hopefully Gio can conjure up something with these players, because as far as I'm concerned, some of them don't care as much as we do! I really hope it gives some of them the kick up the arse they need!

Thursday is more important in that this will be GVB first game in charge & will set the tone for how we move forward
It would also help financially
Trophies are what matter though
Sparta's result shows they can be beaten

No it’s not. This is rangers football club and we should be winning domestic trophies.

Exactly Mate, I think some have forgotten after all these years what this club is built on/for. It's been a decade since we have one a domestic cup, that is not the rangers I know and will never accept it to be.

Gio one several trophies (including a treble) so will know this...

To be honest if Gio can get us the league title, that supersedes every thing.

Today was pathetic - inexcusable. But we won’t remember if we win the league.

Granted, this was the year we were meant to kick on and win multiple trophies. But gerrard’s departure kind of forces a reset.

As we stand now - we’re 4 points clear. The new manager can work with that. Champions league qualification awaits.

If we get through - great. If we don’t….6 points v Livy and Hibs and I won’t give a hoot.

We can worry about the Scottish cup when GVB is settled in

Yes they're all important and we want to win them all but the league really is the most important. I'd rather lose today than lose a league game.

Unless Gio's arrival completely changes these players mindset in an instant, we won't be winning on Thursday either.

I've got a feeling the players that have checked out won't be particularly bothered about performing for Gio either.

Some absolute effin bozos on here. Thursday is critical, we need the win or your going into a difficult league game next weekend with two completely demoralizing defeats under our belt. We need a good win and positive performance more than ever before this season

Last edited:
Europe is massive for us, however this acceptance that’s creeping in that a mediocre European run is more important than trophies needs to stop.

We are a club built on trophies, it’s our biggest claim.
So much so that we plaster our achievements in 50 foot lettering on the front of our stadium!
We can not allow ourselves to stop caring about being the champions of a competition.

In the same breath……..Thursday is a must win and European football after Christmas is essential for our club.

Rangers eh?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back