Thursday is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they're all important and we want to win them all but the league really is the most important. I'd rather lose today than lose a league game.

That’s pretty much how I feel.

Today hurts, and to be honest it felt more embarrassing than it has for a long time.

But I’ll get over it fast and I’m fully focused on the league. Let Celtic eat into our 4 point lead and, tbh, it will rankle with me a few days longer than a cup or Euro defeat

We all know what’s at stake this season. The last 5 or so years has shown neither us or them is good enough to get through 2-3 CL qualifiers. An automatic qualification is a gift that can’t be passed up.

Unless Gio's arrival completely changes these players mindset in an instant, we won't be winning on Thursday either.

I've got a feeling the players that have checked out won't be particularly bothered about performing for Gio either.
Spot on, Goldson today confirms that. You think he says that if his snake pal is still here? No chance, he knew what he was doing.

Probably more important for the financials

Although if the Sparta team sit tomorrow in training and watch that game back we're absolutely fucked.

If a piss poor Hibs team can do that to us they'll hammer us

Absolute drivel op. Only saying this because we lost today.

To be absolutely honest we have a better chance of winning the Conference League (probably pie in the sky with this squad though) so makes what you're saying a bit more silly.

Probably more important for the financials

Although if the Sparta team sit tomorrow in training and watch that game back we're absolutely fucked.

If a piss poor Hibs team can do that to us they'll hammer us

To be fair there was a thread on here about Sparta getting pumped today.

Although I suspect there’s a thread on their forum about us getting pumped today aswell

I’m not one to start a thread normally but several hours after that defeat I’m probably on stage 5 (acceptance) of the Kubler Ross change curve.

Thursday’s game is more important in my mind.

Bring them on.
Them winning anything is a negative, you think the diet papes will try a leg against them? Only guy that might actually try is Boyle playing for a move under big fat tits from down under.

No it’s not. This is rangers football club and we should be winning domestic trophies.
Win domestic trophies and get pvmped in Europe makes you get laughed at (a la Celtic’s ‘invincibles’-what an embarrassment-invincibkes that got 7-0 doings in Europe).
Rangers-and Celtic for that matter-need decent results in Europe….so yes it is more important.

I’m not one to start a thread normally but several hours after that defeat I’m probably on stage 5 (acceptance) of the Kubler Ross change curve.

Bring them on.
Mr Simpson your progress astounds me!!!!

At 5 already fair play to you friend.

Win domestic trophies and get pvmped in Europe makes you get laughed at (a la Celtic’s ‘invincibles’-what an embarrassment-invincibkes that got 7-0 doings in Europe).
Rangers-and Celtic for that matter-need decent results in Europe….so yes it is more important.
If that’s what you feel fine. 99% of rangers fans will disagree with you

If that’s what you feel fine. 99% of rangers fans will disagree with you
How? Honestly don’t think so.
Rangers are seen as a big club (if we still are) outside Scotland due to european results in old days. What’s more important-winning the ecwc or a league cup?

Every game is as important as each other, we need to win trophys.
However if I has to pick 1, it would be a comfortable win on Thursday because its worth far more revenue than the league Cup.

I'd rather a great day out, winning a trophy, than proceeding in a second rate European competition, that we're not going to win.

The 7-0 is airbrushed. The four trebles is screamed from the mountain tops.

Last edited:
How? Honestly don’t think so.
Rangers are seen as a big club (if we still are) outside Scotland due to european results in old days. What’s more important-winning the ecwc or a league cup?
The only thing important about Europe at the moment is getting as deep as we can to fill the coffers. We certainly ain’t winning it. Rangers are all about winning domestic silverware

We need to start winning consistently at Hampden. Today's game meant more to a sizeable majority of our fans, I'd be very confident in saying that.

I know-but that’s why it’s a joke.
How can anyone take Scottish football seriously with stuff like that?

Unfortuneatly we live in this third rate set up. Loads of people in Europe won't even know where Scotland is.

We have to live, our miserable lives, in the shitehouse of Scottish football. It's the lowest form of sporting merit. But it counts, when you have such a despicable rival as Celtic.

Every games important - don’t care what it’s for

One of the first things I said to my mate after we left hampden - genuinely not looking forward to Thursday.

Play like we did today and this lot will run all over us.

Unfortuneatly we live in this third rate set up. Loads of people in Europe won't even know where Scotland is.

We have to live our miserable lives in the shitehouse of Scottish football. It's the lowest form of sporting merit. But it counts, when you have such a despicable rival as Celtic.
Got to have higher ambition than that though.
You can. At any money gvb is coming in with a view to doing well in Europe and not just beating st Johnstone (well I fkkng hope so anyway!)

Thursday means nothing ,what's important and fucking vital,is that this team collectively get their shit together and deliver title 56 and the champions league bounty it brings....nothing else matters.

Got to have higher ambition than that though.
You can. At any money gvb is coming in with a view to doing well in Europe and not just beating st Johnstone (well I fkkng hope so anyway!)

No one has given Rangers and Gerrard any credit for Rangers improvement in Europe.

We weren't in the top 250 when Gerrard came to Rangers. I think we are ranked in the top 50 now.

No one bothers unless you you win a trophy. We won't win one in Europe.

A League Cup is achievable and we've f*cked up again.

I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Those players had better put a show on for their new manager.
That should've been the case today.

I'm not expecting anything different on Thursday to be honest - once a group of players has chucked it, it's hard to see them digging in for the same effort again.

Don't know how many watch the darts but this squad reminds me of the decline of Glen Durrant after he won the Premier league.

That should've been the case today.

I'm not expecting anything different on Thursday to be honest - once a group of players has chucked it, it's hard to see them digging in for the same effort again.

Don't know how many watch the darts but this squad reminds me of the decline of Glen Durrant after he won the Premier league.
4/1 win for Sparta is a banker

I can’t bet against rangers but that’s a certainty. We are garbage

Bring them on.

As soon as Gerrard was gone the most important thing was sorting ourselves out in time for Livingston and making sure we get to the winter break in the best possible state in terms of points in the league.

It would have been amazing to win today and on Thursday and to win the League Cup but in reality we want to win this league and we have been thrown a bit of a curve ball in losing the entire management team.

We have 8 SPL games before we play the tims. Taking as close to maximum points as we possibly can there is the most important target now.

Thought I’ve seen it all today until this OP

Have some of the clubs standards been watered down so much that we’re now brushing off semi final defeats to jobbers?

Would never have been mentioned had this happened in Walters spell and rightly so. We had standards.

I’m putting it down to the OP being a young lad, surely?

No one has given Rangers and Gerrard any credit for Rangers improvement in Europe.

We weren't in the top 250 when Gerrard came to Rangers. I think we are ranked in the top 50 now.

No one bothers unless you you win a trophy. We won't win one in Europe.

A League Cup is achievable and we've f*cked up again.
Agree to disagree on that. Think Walter smith getting us to 2008 final was a much better achievement than most of the domestic cups he won.

Bring them on.
I mean, European success is more important than domestic cup success generally speaking but we have an utter shite cup record. It doesn’t have to be a case of one or the other.

If its more important due to finance then no. The league is more important.

BUT. Confidence is key and today was a severe boot in the baws. And if this reflects on our performances in December, the NO, today was key.

Based on today I’d be surprised if we beat Prague on Thursday , the attitude of the players absolutely stinks and GVB has his work cut out. Today against a poor Hibs team and we can’t turn up is a disgrace.

Agree to disagree on that. Think Walter smith getting us to 2008 final was a much better achievement than most of the domestic cups he won.
If if we'd won, it would have surpassed most of our domestic cup trophies.

It was a one in a 20 year event.

We live by the year, in this miserable dog fight with the Tims.

Based on today I’d be surprised if we beat Prague on Thursday , the attitude of the players absolutely stinks and GVB has his work cut out. Today against a poor Hibs team and we can’t turn up is a disgrace.
I’ll guarantee 100% we are not beating Prague on Thursday

This is what shi.te 2 bob outfits do when they lose games they ate supposed to win.....look at the next game as more important as a comfort blanket.

Rangers FC wins trophies and when we're turned over by absolute jobbers like that fanny in charge at hibs the players turning in that shite will know about it.

Absolute nonsense. We bottled it again, spectacularly, in a semi final. Worse than st Mirren and St Johnstone last year and the Sheep in previous years. We have mocked them across the city and laughed at their new set up this season but they will likely go on and win the first trophy and we can have no influence on that.

Thursday is probably important financially but that’s it for me. Our inability to win a domestic cup is far more concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back