Time for change posters on every seat today

Ok, so if we’re using Celtics spending as a reason why we can’t compete with them, then why did we drop points against St Johnstone, St Mirren, livingston and Hibs that have budgets a fraction of ours?

The reason we’re 9 points behind Celtic isn’t solely down to our results against Celtic
This is such a fatuous argument. The answer is the same as to why Man City and Chelsea are trailing in the EPL. That’s football.

However, by the end of the season I’m pretty confident we’ll finish above all of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Liivingston and Hibs. I really can’t believe you included the Willie Collum inspired Hibs in that list.

It may sound pedantic but the (contractual) relationship would be with the sponsor not the scum’s board just as we play in a league where we have a relationship with the SPFL not any other club or clubs.

Where do you get it benefits THEM financially? It would benefit the club not the directors who have never taken a penny in directors fees. Whether you like it or not, and I personally would not have voted for the proposal, the directors are duty bound to maximise shareholder value. £3m would have provided about £2.5m by UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations to squad costs, which is about the reported sum of the transfers of Cantwell and Raskin combined, which could have seen transfers equivalent to Cantwell and Raskin incoming. Didn’t want to play the scum in Sydney but desperate to get to their midden to give them money while having to reciprocate by having more of their scum in Ibrox at about £50 a skull reducing the number of high value (what £200 a time) hospitality packages our club can sell.

Wouldn’t question anyone‘s bona fides as Rangers supporters but the business acumen is severely lacking in some.
If you’re going to be pedantic then you’d need to recognise certain board members adding interest to their loans. Never taken a penny in directors fees though…

Anyway we’re going off on a tangent here, I understand the points you’re making however it doesn’t change the overarching point that they’re willing to have a working relationship with Celtic so long as they deem it financially worthwhile. That’s clear to anyone

This is such a fatuous argument. The answer is the same as to why Man City and Chelsea are trailing in the EPL. That’s football.

However, by the end of the season I’m pretty confident we’ll finish above all of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Liivingston and Hibs. I really can’t believe you included the Willie Collum inspired Hibs in that list.
It’s also a fatuous argument to talk about Celtics finances when its games outwith Celtic that have resulted in us being 9 points behind. You can’t have it both ways

Ok they they mistakes but they enhance atmosphere especially at home game s
never stop singing
And the Tifo shows especially at European night s and Hibs game were fantastic
When in bronby Union bears stepped in when our fans were getting attacked when walking afterwards to train station
Agree with first two that, although don’t know anything about the Brondby situation but kudos to them for that. The display following the passing of Her late Majesty The Queen was absolutely fantastic and drew deserved worldwide praise.

However, the scales of justice have; UEFA deemed sectarian singing against St Joseph’s leading to fine and partial stadium closure, many other UEFA fines plus partial stadium closure, weaponisation of the song book, disrupting second half at Dundee when we were a goal behind causing Allan McGregor to verbally refer to them as F***ing A***holes, disrupting minute tribute at Hampden (others joined but they started it) the first time Rangers supporters have ever behaved in such a discreditable manner, among others weighing the scales in the opposite direction.

They stick to what they were formed for great otherwise no.

What hurts many on here is , we cannot compete with their spending.
unfortunately is a fact of life.
23 million for Bassey
6 million for Aribo
European league money run
Champions League money including ticket 150 pounds for 3 games money should help

it's how we spend it

23 million for Bassey
6 million for Aribo
European league money run
Champions League money including ticket 150 pounds for 3 games money should help

it's how we spend it
The we cannot match their spending argument is true to a degree however, our wage bill is larger than theirs and it is not like we spend nothing on players as some would have you believe.
We spend but spend it poorly, £3m + 25kpw for Matondo and circa £3m in 6 months for nothing on Ramsey, two recent examples.

If you’re going to be pedantic then you’d need to recognise certain board members adding interest to their loans. Never taken a penny in directors fees though…

Anyway we’re going off on a tangent here, I understand the points you’re making however it doesn’t change the overarching point that they’re willing to have a working relationship with Celtic so long as they deem it financially worthwhile. That’s clear to anyone
You can F off with that. Those making the loans have to make them commercial loans attracting commercial interest rates otherwise they are effectively donations that would breach UEFA Financial Fair Play, now from June 2022 UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations. Can you imagine the scum if they thought we were receiving ‘financial doping’, particularly with Doncaster on the UEFA Ethics Board and Lawell on another?

In Dave King’s case the only way he could get loan money past the South African authorities was by it being a commercial investment with a predicted return.

Even very wealthy people don’t have £10m - £20m lying around in their current accounts. They will typically either have to sell shares in another asset, possibly attracting tax liability in an overseas jurisdiction, or remortgage something to get the money to lend to Rangers, perhaps even making a loss on the transaction. As I understand it the interest level is around 6%, which is less than the scum preference shares rate owned by such as Desmond just for comparison, and certainly less than the easy 10% that could be made through general unit trust investment, with Prudential for example,, elsewhere.

I repeat no more a realtionship with the scum than via the SPFL, SFA or potentially UEFA or FIFA matches.

You can F off with that. Those making the loans have to make them commercial loans attracting commercial interest rates otherwise they are effectively donations that would breach UEFA Financial Fair Play, now from June 2022 UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations. Can you imagine the scum if they thought we were receiving ‘financial doping’, particularly with Doncaster on the UEFA Ethics Board and Lawell on another?

In Dave King’s case the only way he could get loan money past the South African authorities was by it being a commercial investment with a predicted return.

Even very wealthy people don’t have £10m - £20m lying around in their current accounts. They will typically either have to sell shares in another asset, possibly attracting tax liability in an overseas jurisdiction, or remortgage something to get the money to lend to Rangers, perhaps even making a loss on the transaction. As I understand it the interest level is around 6%, which is less than the scum preference shares rate owned by such as Desmond just for comparison, and certainly less than the easy 10% that could be made through general unit trust investment, with Prudential for example,, elsewhere.

I repeat no more a realtionship with the scum than via the SPFL, SFA or potentially UEFA or FIFA matches.
You said they’ve not taken a penny out, and we’re getting pedantic when responding to the initial post I’d made. In response, I was being pedantic by pointing out they have made money

I’m not arguing the rights and wrongs of it, just pointing out if we’re being pedantic they have taken money out. Im thankful they have invested heavily but let’s not pretend they haven’t had some benefits in doing so

It’s also a fatuous argument to talk about Celtics finances when its games outwith Celtic that have resulted in us being 9 points behind. You can’t have it both ways
Had we won both games against celtic, we would have 5 more points, and they would have 4 fewer. That would make us level on points.
Just sayin.

What hurts many on here is , we cannot compete with their spending.
unfortunately is a fact of life.
Their spending hasn't been that much more than ours. Even their rebuild was fully subsidised by selling a couple of players. They haven't signed a single player recently that we would not have been able to afford ourselves. The wage bill of the two first team squads will now also be pretty close.

They may have a much more comfortable bank balance than us, with the ability to outspend us if push came to shove, but they don't actually do that. They've not needed to do it, because their scouting and recruitment has been a bigger success than ours has been recently. They've been getting more value for money.

The idea that Celtic are some big bad wealthy super power that often flexes their financial muscles compared to our skin-flint selves scrambling round the back of the sofa looking for some spare cash, is pure media driven nonsense, repeated so often in the media (even by some so called Rangers men) that our fans believe it.

Had we won both games against celtic, we would have 5 more points, and they would have 4 fewer. That would make us level on points.
Just sayin.
That’s true, but the argument the poster is making is that we can’t expect to compete with Celtic due to their budget compared to ours. So my point is, if we discount those, we then need to apply the same premise to the teams we’ve dropped points against

The we cannot match their spending argument is true to a degree however, our wage bill is larger than theirs and it is not like we spend nothing on players as some would have you believe.
We spend but spend it poorly, £3m + 25kpw for Matondo and circa £3m in 6 months for nothing on Ramsey, two recent examples.
It’s not true to a degree it is fact. We do need to spend wisely. However, highlighting one player who may or may not come good is disingenuous, as would be highlighting Bassey to make the opposite case.

You are correct our wage bill is too high and the number of players has to reduce. How a smaller squad would play out if we were to go through CL/EL qualifying to the latter rounds of ,say, the EL again with more players having to play near Aribo numbers of games I dread to think.

Without being in support of the Sydney proposal I can see from a business point of view that it could have allowed the acquisition of another in contract Raskin and another in contract Cantwell rather than having to fish among only Bosmans.

Also the scum have 10k extra capacity so with season tickets at £400 = £4m plus 3 group stage games at £40 a time = £1.2m, so £5.2m = about £4m additional available for squad costs, or another new player or two.

Cash is king.

It’s not true to a degree it is fact. We do need to spend wisely. However, highlighting one player who may or may not come good is disingenuous, as would be highlighting Bassey to make the opposite case.

You are correct our wage bill is too high and the number of players has to reduce. How a smaller squad would play out if we were to go through CL/EL qualifying to the latter rounds of ,say, the EL again with more players having to play near Aribo numbers of games I dread to think.

Without being in support of the Sydney proposal I can see from a business point of view that it could have allowed the acquisition of another in contract Raskin and another in contract Cantwell rather than having to fish among only Bosmans.

Also the scum have 10k extra capacity so with season tickets at £400 = £4m plus 3 group stage games at £40 a time = £1.2m, so £5.2m = about £4m additional available for squad costs, or another new player or two.

Cash is king.
The board put the 10k seat shortfall onto us by charging us more for everything from tickets to merch etc.

You said they’ve not taken a penny out, and we’re getting pedantic when responding to the initial post I’d made. In response, I was being pedantic by pointing out they have made money

I’m not arguing the rights and wrongs of it, just pointing out if we’re being pedantic they have taken money out. Im thankful they have invested heavily but let’s not pretend they haven’t had some benefits in doing so
No, I deliberately said they hadn’t take any directors fees, i.e. they have given their time and skills free of charge. I’ve explained why interest needs to be applied to the loans, the minimum required to satisfy financial regulations therefore they make no profit, indeed it costs them the opportunity cost of the capital they lend, but you will simply not have it that that is so.

My greatest fear is that these guys get to a stage where they simply say, I have had enough of this crap. I could be lying on a yacht in the Caribbean rather than supporting this club and getting the derision of these ingrates. F it I’ll give Ashley a call.

Cash is king.
Unfortunately for us a problem with the wage bill is there's several on good wages contributing heehaw, replace those with younger fitters players and it doesn't seem as bad.

Can understand looking for the 3m extra but imo theres better ways we can go about that surely, I wouldn't sign up to play them animals in their managers home country for all the money in the world.

We partially offset the 10k capacity by charging higher for our tickets, champs league the club took the eyeballs out of us.

There's no doubting they're streets ahead financially, but when we do not cash in on assets such as Morelos and Kent when we had the chance then we have zero chance is closing the gap in that regard.

The board put the 10k seat shortfall onto us by charging us more for everything from tickets to merch etc.
Do you want us to be able to move forward, which I understood was what this uninformed protest is supposedly about, or not. If yes the club needs more money, which the directors can’t under UEFA regulations provide, end of.

Do you want us to be able to move forward, which I understood was what this uninformed protest is supposedly about, or not. If yes the club needs more money, which the directors can’t under UEFA regulations provide, end of.
Great shout, apart from it's happened for years.

You can't simply put it on the fans to finance the club.

Unfortunately for us a problem with the wage bill is there's several on good wages contributing heehaw, replace those with younger fitters players and it doesn't seem as bad.

Can understand looking for the 3m extra but imo theres better ways we can go about that surely, I wouldn't sign up to play them animals in their managers home country for all the money in the world.

We partially offset the 10k capacity by charging higher for our tickets, champs league the club took the eyeballs out of us.

There's no doubting they're streets ahead financially, but when we do not cash in on assets such as Morelos and Kent when we had the chance then we have zero chance is closing the gap in that regard.

Better ways of replacing the 3m. Can you suggest just one.

CL tickets, yes and the complaints were epic and amounted to no more than the extra they gained on their 10k extra CL capacity.

Should have sold Morelos and Kent. When?

On selling players for best price, is it safe to say that going forward the board should sanction the sale of any player asset no matter who it is and whether the team management, support or anyone else objects just as long as a pre-determined value is offered, and should that intention be communicated to the meeting of the club’s next AGM?

Following the experience with Kent and Morelos have we as a support now recognised that the club needs to act on strict business terms and realise best achievable return on player assets whenever possible?

You may desperately think it was "Ange's homecoming" but I didn't. I thought of it as a way to add much needed revenue/turnover to the club to help pay for increased wages or transfers fees. In addition, it helps expand the brand which could also help with scouting and merchandise sales. From a business sense, it's what normal folks without "short dick" syndrome do to grow.

The club has to be self sustainable to avoid the mistakes of 2012. There isn't a magical unicorn wanting to come in to dump in tons of money into the Scottish game to fund losses after losses. We lost 85M from 2012 until last year when we made our first profit in over 12+ years.
We could have easily played a friendly or two in Australia without involving them or played a friendly in USA or Canada during world cup
Stuart Gibson has mentioned he is looking to South Korea or similar for friendly before COVID kicked in
I reckon we might be involved in tournament at beginning of next season to enhance our brand if rumour is true

Better ways of replacing the 3m. Can you suggest just one.

CL tickets, yes and the complaints were epic and amounted to no more than the extra they gained on their 10k extra CL capacity.

Should have sold Morelos and Kent. When?

On selling players for best price, is it safe to say that going forward the board should sanction the sale of any player asset no matter who it is and whether the team management, support or anyone else objects just as long as a pre-determined value is offered, and should that intention be communicated to the meeting of the club’s next AGM?

Following the experience with Kent and Morelos have we as a support now recognised that the club needs to act on strict business terms and realise best achievable return on player assets whenever possible?
Organised similar tournaments with clubs we have better connections with would be one.

Morelos and Kent should have been sold post 55, their stock will never be higher than it was then, this could have fueled a total refresh of the playing squad.

Every player has a price and every player is replacebale, from a business stand point if a bid that generates significant profit comes in for a player that decision should be taken away from team management's hands, aslong as they are given guarantees they will be replaced adequately of course.

For a club in Scotland in the financial position we see ourselves in we have to operate with a business mindset and not be too sentimental which I believe our board are. We paid roughly £8m for both and could have generated say £25m profit on them and will now see them walk for nothing, that is not healthy financially.

Be very careful of following the UB into battle.

Displays and atmosphere? Great, unsurpassed. I love them for this.

Poltical and strategic thinking to lead our support and influence the club? Not so much.

They have their own issues with Stewart Robertson and I have no doubt that is part of their thinking in attacking him.

They are militant and militant always need reigning in, not followed blindly.

Especially when they can "drop" their support for the manager & team as we saw vs Partick & Raith & effectively hold the support to ransom re creating atmosphere.

The protest on Saturday was not as universal as they claim, and they should not be held up as some voice of the fans that cannot be questioned or criticised.

Correct
As I mentioned how we spend it
If Ross Wilson and management can bring in few players that are out of contract in summer would help which would improve our team
Didn't know our wage bill is lager than theirs wow

Great shout, apart from it's happened for years.

You can't simply put it on the fans to finance the club.
So who is going to finance it?
The support are the only customers the club has, unless you think Doncaster is suddenly going to achieve EPL type TV and commercial contracts, which would be shared out anyway so giving us no advantage over rivals.

We need to get real. Yes we might build a strong team over time, something like Brighton have, but it will be the exception rather than the rule. Money talks and such as Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool and probably soon Newcastle will nine times out of ten best a Brighton. Bayern, PSG and Real Madrid/Barcelona similarly in their leagues.
Unless we are willing to pay more be that season tickets, replica kit, lottery tickets or whatever their spending power will, in the short to medium term, win out.

However if you can point to a league where the biggest budget doesn’t more often than not win I’ll admit defeat.

Harsh but true and it can surely only be a mater of time before the wider support realise it.

As an aside the newly introduced, from June 2022, UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations effectively hamstring clubs like us in leagues like ours preventing them moving upward by ‘sugar daddy’ cash injections. Even if we were bought over by Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos jointly they couldn’t inject significant cash. These regulations are a large part of why Newcastle have spent relatively little since being taken over despite having access to the Saudi Sovereign Wealth fund.

Having written all that doom and gloom hopefully Michael Beale proves to be an inspired appointment and the club continues on an upward trend, and no-one attempts to lure him away to the EPL or elsewhere.

Correct
As I mentioned how we spend it
If Ross Wilson and management can bring in few players that are out of contract in summer would help which would improve our team
Didn't know our wage bill is lager than theirs wow
Yeah I believe that was the case up until the start of this season, cannot say for certain how it stands now given they've recruited further.

Pretty much every single poster has moaned on here about those two, but when the UB organise this protest people change their tune? If you don’t back them when posting on here then be bold enough to hold those opinions in the stadium too. It’s no use being raging on a thread on here, that changes nothing.

Organised similar tournaments with clubs we have better connections with would be one.

Morelos and Kent should have been sold post 55, their stock will never be higher than it was then, this could have fueled a total refresh of the playing squad.

Every player has a price and every player is replacebale, from a business stand point if a bid that generates significant profit comes in for a player that decision should be taken away from team management's hands, aslong as they are given guarantees they will be replaced adequately of course.

For a club in Scotland in the financial position we see ourselves in we have to operate with a business mindset and not be too sentimental which I believe our board are. We paid roughly £8m for both and could have generated say £25m profit on them and will now see them walk for nothing, that is not healthy financially.
I would struggle to disagree with anything you have put here.

However, had the board sold either one or both, if there were any offers, in the face of Gerrard’s insistence all his title winning squad be retained with the likely outcome that Gerrard walked after winning 55 the supporters would have gone ballistic. It would have been the correct business decision but simply couldn’t be done in the face of Gerrard’s opposition. Can you imagine the headlines right around the world? Also, the damage it could have done to attracting new players might have been very substantial. So I do agree with you but for these reasons just don’t think it could have happened.

Going forward absolutely and I would come down in favour of letting it be known that’s what will happen.

Also would add that had this protest been arranged by certain FF posters, H&H or any of that clique, then those critical of it would definitely be all for it. People putting their hatred of the UB ahead of how they actually feel.
Yup. Also important to note 4Lads twitter highlighted the protest before the game too and has had blogs criticising certain things at the club

Don’t remember threads on here of people falling over themselves to criticise 4Lads Stevie

Their spending hasn't been that much more than ours. Even their rebuild was fully subsidised by selling a couple of players. They haven't signed a single player recently that we would not have been able to afford ourselves. The wage bill of the two first team squads will now also be pretty close.

They may have a much more comfortable bank balance than us, with the ability to outspend us if push came to shove, but they don't actually do that. They've not needed to do it, because their scouting and recruitment has been a bigger success than ours has been recently. They've been getting more value for money.

The idea that Celtic are some big bad wealthy super power that often flexes their financial muscles compared to our skin-flint selves scrambling round the back of the sofa looking for some spare cash, is pure media driven nonsense, repeated so often in the media (even by some so called Rangers men) that our fans believe it.
According to Transfermarkt our spending was €17.41m, theirs was €30.18m.

Including transfers out we had a €14.91m surplus, but still only made about £6m profit in the account overall.

They had a transfer deficit of €16.63m.

They have a bank balance of £50m according to their last accounts.

We couldn’t have signed Carter-Vickers and Jota, joint cost €14.5 m according to Transfermarkt, because we do not have that headroom in our UEFA Financial Sustainability squad costs. So whether we had the money is moot, the regulations would preclude it.

They spent €13m more than they took in but their scouting and recruitment is vaunted. I should have thought having to spend that much rather disagreed with that judgement. Them spending more to bring in what they see as better quality I can see, and of course the £50m plus in the bank allowed them to do that.

That bank balance came from years of European competition where they were regularly humbled but as a support pretty much took it quietly in the knowledge they were saving for the rainy day when we were back as their principal opponent.

She is vocal and good at job
Have you see Robertson at AGM treats shareholders and fans as customers
For what Robertson gets paid he definitely isn't value for money
Sorry
I haven’t heard any statements from her that suggests she is good at her job.

Most of those people holding up leaflets would have no idea what Robertson or Wilson actually do.

The thought process among these people will be - we've lost to Celtic someone needs to pay for we deserve better. We can't shout at the board for they have put money in and we can't shout at Beale for he's only just here so that leaves Robertson and Wilson. Lets give them grief.
they are the easy targets , the UBs tried the manager with their Livingston away banner and it's pretty obvious how bad that went down so its playground bully tactics " who can we direct our ire on ? Ahhhh the hired help "

The thing is IMO it's pretty easy areas they can improve on, Robertson in particular. Only club in the European finals not to screen the match in their own stadiums for fans left at home, pricing of the tickets being one of the most expensive in the competition when we had very little chance of actually competing, obviously Sydney, a total refusal to defend fans and players against corrupt politicians looking to damage not just the club but our individual players reputation, inviting the likes of Humza Yousaf to Ibrox, safe standing. These are relatively easy fixes but throughout the years it just feels like we have been taken for a bit of a ride.

Imo,

lot of good points on good work the board and investors have done here, and in reality the majority of them should not be under scrutiny.

However, from woeful recruitment to the shocking set up and mishandling of the medical side of things at the club, Ross Wilson has to go.

Going forward in the role, the club need someone who isn’t overseeing an entire footballing side operation for the first time, like Wilson is. It’s clear he is massively out his depth and a bit of a snake oil salesman.

Someone with experience needed.

Pretty much every single poster has moaned on here about those two, but when the UB organise this protest people change their tune? If you don’t back them when posting on here then be bold enough to hold those opinions in the stadium too. It’s no use being raging on a thread on here, that changes nothing.
Pretty much everyone ever connected with Rangers has had it in the neck on here, or elsewhere. That doesn’t mean those opinions should be aired at the stadium as well.

It’s all about timing, and what exactly determines when it’s time to push the ‘protest’ switch.

Taking everything into account:

- new manager only 3 months into the job
- won 17/19 games
- 2 good new signings in the door
- relative position of club compared to Celtic
- matter of months since a European final

Despite frustrations, some people probably don’t think it’s quite at the ‘protest’ stage.

Pretty much everyone ever connected with Rangers has had it in the neck on here, or elsewhere. That doesn’t mean those opinions should be aired at the stadium as well.

It’s all about timing, and what exactly determines when it’s time to push the ‘protest’ switch.

Taking everything into account:

- new manager only 3 months into the job
- won 17/19 games
- 2 good new signings in the door
- relative position of club compared to Celtic
- matter of months since a European final

Despite frustrations, some people probably don’t think it’s quite at the ‘protest’ stage.

New manager in the job too late because the board delayed the inevitable.

He has done well in his time, and perhaps if we made the change earlier we would be competing.

Two good signings I agree, but they were made when the league was already effectively done. We have a history of a poor recruitment strategy under this leadership.
Months after a European final which we never capitalised on, was dampened a bit by the board strategy with the regards to the warnings to fans continuously in the lead up to the final, lack of action related to fan treatment at the match, lack of screenings for fans staying at home, not kicking on from a position of strength.

It can be twisted either way tbh but I do stand by the fact that if it was led by people other than UB then it would be backed more on here. I also think it's rich from people to criticise the protest when they were complaining about fans shouting down the We Deserve Better campaign.

Tbf, we have wasted a tonne of money that could have been spent better.
This, folk saying we haven't spent money as we mostly have the same players on the pitch as we had 3 or 4 years ago.

We have spent the money. Unfortunately we spent it on jobbers or injured players and plenty of them.

We could have bought 3 or 4 quality players instead of what we have ended up with.

Those 9 points were down to the manager - his style , our fitness, and injuries.
Its not difficult to see this season is the worst in our history for injuries.
The manager they appointed, the manager they held off sacking and finally done it when it was too late and the league already over.

The injuries that started to happen once Wilson poked his nose into the medical department and reshuffled it.

Imo,

lot of good points on good work the board and investors have done here, and in reality the majority of them should not be under scrutiny.

However, from woeful recruitment to the shocking set up and mishandling of the medical side of things at the club, Ross Wilson has to go.

Going forward in the role, the club need someone who isn’t overseeing an entire footballing side operation for the first time, like Wilson is. It’s clear he is massively out his depth and a bit of a snake oil salesman.

Someone with experience needed.
The accuracy of this post cannot be understated.

Ross Wilson is terrible at his job and it’s having a very detrimental impact on the club.

Pointing this out and demanding change is the recourse of a passionate fan who cares about the club.

The “look where we’ve come from” argument is pathetic.

More accurately, look where we were going before RW arrived, and look at the success we achieved before his methods and recruitment took effect.

He has a job where the impact of his work is not all immediate so to give him any credit for 55 is misleading in the extreme. That success was down to a manager and a core of players he had nothing to do with.

Be very careful of following the UB into battle.

Displays and atmosphere? Great, unsurpassed. I love them for this.

Poltical and strategic thinking to lead our support and influence the club? Not so much.

They have their own issues with Stewart Robertson and I have no doubt that is part of their thinking in attacking him.

They are militant and militant always need reigning in, not followed blindly.

Especially when they can "drop" their support for the manager & team as we saw vs Partick & Raith & effectively hold the support to ransom re creating atmosphere.

The protest on Saturday was not as universal as they claim, and they should not be held up as some voice of the fans that cannot be questioned or criticised.
“Hold the support to ransom”. You do know other fans are able to back the team vocally? Why do others not step up to the plate to fill their void? Constantly told they’re a hindrance and they’re not needed but when they don’t sing they’re holding the support to ransom, very good

Also your last sentence, I haven’t seen the UB claim there was universal support. I’ve seen people try to discredit the protest and say it was only UB which isn’t true. Most people participating weren’t UB but I’d be lying if I said everyone took part - that is just completely false.

They can be criticised, which is why I didn’t address a few other issues you commented on as I’d agree they probably have issues with Robertson that your normal fan won’t have. By all means criticise them but it’s when people say “they don’t speak for all fans” and the likes that people like me comment, it’s about balance. It’s ok to recognise their faults so long as you’re willing to accept other factions in the rangers support do similar

Last edited:
Back