Timmy starting to worry about us

We are on good form, they have some injuries and suspensions. What with this cold weather, all I’m saying is that any elderly Celtic players should take care and wrap up or the papes will be angling for a postponement...

Very confident, we will score 3, they're poor and getting found out. We now play the best football in the league, I'm only worried how many we concede. I reckon murty will play the tight lip about Murphy and won't tell anything till just before ko against that shower

Hopefully the posters on here who feel the need to leak team info remain as tight lipped as the manager.

My worry is, they'll flex their financial muscle even if we win or lose the league.

This is the year to catch them - they look vulnerable and have been complacent with their funds.
I sort of agree. They made a mistake not strengthening in the January window, they no doubt thought the league was already won (with good reason it must be said) Now is our chance to take them (although it might be asking too much) as no doubt they will spend their CL money in the summer and strengthen their squad. However they better get it right, because we are no longer a distance behind them. Who’s to say we won’t invest wisely ourselves, and even if it’s not as much we could easily spend our cash more wisely, especially if the last window is anything to go by. Our best hope would be to retain Morelos for another season, then I’d be really confident of battling them for the title next year

Its all good for them to maybe give Brenda 5/10 million to spend in the summer but his signings havent exactly hit the heights for the money they are paying them. Our recruitment in January alone has seen us hit our best bit of form all season and we can build on that for next season

Mentioned it before but I spoke to one of them after the new year game and he felt deflated. Said that Rangers didn’t look like they would sit back and be bullied like previous games and he said his heart actually sank when Candieas showed massive fight and passion when he hunted down Tierney and ditto when Alfredo smashed Brown. He also admitted that he was relieved to pick up a point.

mentally challenged in the work today admitted he would be happy with a draw.

Another admitted we played well last night

They are scared.

Should have done this a year ago....sign proven SPL players and Gers fans.

We've finally done it and reaping rewards.

At the moment I genuinely don't think there's a gap in teams...merely points. They're flailing, we're sailing.

Onwards an upwards Gers...WATP!

If it doesn't happen this, 55 is happening next season!

My worry is, they'll flex their financial muscle even if we win or lose the league.

This is the year to catch them - they look vulnerable and have been complacent with their funds.

As a bear of a certain vintage, I can say that the Tims have never ever spent while in the ascendency. They will stagnate we will catch them and they will revert to type with recriminations all round.
I also reckon that pig eye Pete will bail at the first sign of failure.

they are restricted by their wage bill that already sits at 30m. that could change if they fail to make CL, no way they burn cash reserves if they don't make it.

you also think BR would have liked to have spent more money by now but has possibly been restricted by Lawwell and the constraints of being a Scottish football club?

they are restricted by their wage bill that already sits at 30m. that could change if they fail to make CL, no way they burn cash reserves if they don't make it.

you also think BR would have liked to have spent more money by now but has possibly been restricted by Lawwell and the constraints of being a Scottish football club?

I think they decided to push the boat out as far as it could go after we beat them in the semi final. We put the fear of god into them that day. We may do the same again towards the end of this season.

But as you say they may already be firing on all cylinders financially. I think the tim board may have been banking on the team Brenda built being enough to see them to 10, which would explain their lack of activity in January. But it’s looking like they will need major improvement already. Maybe the constant Euro humiliations have drained their motivation.

If we put the shutters up then again this season it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll react.

We will see the biggest meltdown in history if we win next week. Fans will be fighting with each other, Brenda will blame everyone but himself and distance himself further from the players.

Make no mistake they are in decline and are vulnerable, if we get an early goal I can see us getting a few more.

Just hope we can have the likes of Murphy and John available. Murphy and Candieas will cause no end of problems

their wage bill is 50 million mate

2-0 on the 11th, 3-0 the following Friday we top the league.
Not having Murphy available would be a big loss to our chances, the same goes for McCrorie. If both could play I'd go into the OF game more confident than I've been in a very, very, long time of beating them. If neither can make it, such is Rangers current form that I think we still could get a result - though it would be close

I sort of agree. They made a mistake not strengthening in the January window, they no doubt thought the league was already won (with good reason it must be said) Now is our chance to take them (although it might be asking too much) as no doubt they will spend their CL money in the summer and strengthen their squad. However they better get it right, because we are no longer a distance behind them. Who’s to say we won’t invest wisely ourselves, and even if it’s not as much we could easily spend our cash more wisely, especially if the last window is anything to go by. Our best hope would be to retain Morelos for another season, then I’d be really confident of battling them for the title next year
You know that's not right mate ,they signed 2 players from Dundee and 1 from StMirren

They need to sign at least one centre half, probably two, a right back, a central midfielder and a striker. Probably a keeper as well. In order to do that they need to shift players out of the door. that will be their problem. They have players it will be hard to move on. Sumonovic for a start, poor player they paid a lot for and is on a decent wage. Would struggle to get anyone interested, will need a pay off. They have a lot in that position.

Yes they have a full team of deadwood that can’t get a game.

Think about all the players they have out on loan as well and are paying a big percentage of their wage.

Make no mistake they know our front 4 can seriously hurt them and that we now have a midfield that can compete with them as well. The test will be the concentration and picking up defensively. They are woeful at the back and if they push their 2 full backs forward Murphy and Candeias could have a field day. If that mutant Lustig is suspended it gives them a huge problem of whether to play a centre back at right back or go 3 5 2 with wing backs that our 2 on both sides will over run.

The truth is we have better players than them in a number of positions now, and in Morelos we probably have the standout player in the division.

we are playing so well at the moment the only thing stopping a Gers win will be the ref, I sense they are in for another Hertz like defeat - which is very pleasing to report.....

Over confidence is now rampant on here v the yahoos. We may be without Murphy who for me is arguably our most influential player of late. They will be up for this along with whoever is officiating ( should really call that cheating ).

I would love us to hammer them - realistically I see a hard fought win for us, just.

Over confidence is now rampant on here v the yahoos. We may be without Murphy who for me is arguably our most influential player of late. They will be up for this along with whoever is officiating ( should really call that cheating ).

I would love us to hammer them - realistically I see a hard fought win for us, just.
It's not over confidence it's facts. We are scoring for fun and they are absolutely shite at the back and have been patchy in their performances and results for months.

Rangers are approaching this game knowing we have players now who can seriously hurt them. We have every right to be confident if we play well we will beat them

They are there to be got at where before we were the ones in a mess they seem to have lost a lot of their swagger this season, per haps their last trip to Zenit has taken more out of them than we thought maybe they thought they could beat the Russkies and go on in the comp.

Normally on the build up FB is absolutely hoaching with them and and all their shite. So far there has been nothing. We have got the fuckers by the balls and they know that the days of gloating are gone. Its going to be a tight game but after our display at the Piggery with a team that was only about 70% of what we have now, they are worried and so they should be.
I get absolutely no poet stuff on my fb .

If Goss & Tav can get some long range pops in on that keeper, I reckon he's going fluff it, he's dire. At the very least he'll palm them forwards and hopefully Morelos will be prowling around in the right place to pick up the loose balls.

I get absolutely no poet stuff on my fb .
Must be the way i set myself up, I’ve friends who clearly have poet mates, i always do the “don’t show posts from this poster” but there’s always some. I don’t respond but I’m fucking beeling inside. However, now there is nothing because the bheasts are a wee bit unsure.

We should just keep concentrating on us, if we can keep up our recent form you just never know what could happen!

In saying that, I hope we give the scum a right good spanking

First old firm game I have looked forward to.

Even if we don't make it 55 the ground work is there and we will romp the league next season.

We would be romping the league this season if it had not been for losing all those points at home and daft points away to Dundee and killie

Back