Toby Jug pub attacked

I saw the bastards walking up hope street before the attack on The Toby Jug...I reckon there was about 50 of them wearing their crappy khaki jackets..
not One police officer In sight..turned up about 10mins later.....when we got to Glasgow just before 12pm there was loads of cops around central station area...waste of space

Was anyone in the Toby hurt?
Only way anyone would have been hurt is if they were washing the windows at the time. Shitebags.
Apparently they were down looking for the young team who had told them days ago they would be in the Quayside. Not a hope in hell they would have done the same there.

I see the attack on the Toby is being reported in the Daily Rhetard as being caused by "Rampaging football fans".
Is it any wonder these wee Khaki cowards know they can get away with virtually anything.
Also, I drink in the Toby now and then, and every time I come out the Central onto Gordon street there's always loads of Plod hanging about.
Where was their presence yesterday???

Wee tramps throwing chairs acting hard. Didn't see 1 punch thrown.
Where were they when there mob were getting sliced up?

This has all stemmed from the SNP administration cutting police you could sense anybody could get away with anything on Friday night which was a free for all with no police presence in Glasgow apart from 10 minutes after the events

People on here saying the young team aren't "game / up for it" are talking utter nonsense.

When needed, the young team have defended themselves and the wider support home and away (in Europe also). Just because every incident isn't published on here or on twitter doesn't mean stuff doesn't take place.

I see the attack on the Toby is being reported in the Daily Rhetard as being caused by "Rampaging football fans".
Is it any wonder these wee Khaki cowards know they can get away with virtually anything.
Also, I drink in the Toby now and then, and every time I come out the Central onto Gordon street there's always loads of Plod hanging about.
Where was their presence yesterday???

It's a strange one and as you say plod are always hanging about there most days yet yesterday when they knew all the pubs nearby would be rammed for that game they weren't there to react.

Just been sent a link to the record story about the stabbing. Still have the 'eye witness' who heard a rumour saying it started with rangers fans running into the pub and stabbing people in the back. Read the whole article and near the end the staff of the pub tell the real story that they were closed and only opened a door to help someone who was injured in their doorway. The club need to take a stand on this. I've complained via record site, hope others do too.

Just been sent a link to the record story about the stabbing. Still have the 'eye witness' who heard a rumour saying it started with rangers fans running into the pub and stabbing people in the back. Read the whole article and near the end the staff of the pub tell the real story that they were closed and only opened a door to help someone who was injured in their doorway. The club need to take a stand on this. I've complained via record site, hope others do too.

Can you post the link bud? Just to shut up a Kant at work.

Can you post the link bud? Just to shut up a Kant at work.

Three 'stabbed' in Glasgow city centre in violent clashes after Celtic v Rangers crunch match
A young Celtic fan is said to be 'in a bad way' according to one eyewitness.

By
Stephen Stewart
Peter Davidson
  • 19:58, 31 MAR 2019
  • UPDATED07:13, 1 APR 2019
See news near you
Officers from Police Scotland and paramedics on the scene on Albion Street (Image: Daily Record)
Get the biggest Daily stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeMore newsletters
Three men have been taken to hospital after a reported stabbing incident between football fans on a Glasgow street.
Officers from Police Scotland have taped off Albion Street in the Merchant City area following an incident at around 5.05pm today.

One eyewitness reported seeing a 'horrific mass brawl' which involved 15 or so people close to Blackfriars Street.
While another witness to the brawl said a young Celtic fan was 'in a bad way' after being stabbed.

Paramedics were called to the scene after the mass brawl (Image: Daily Record)READ MORE
It is reported that one stabbing took place at the Strathduie pub on Blackfriars Street before it spilled onto Albion Street.
One eyewitness said: "Three stabbed from what I heard. Saw one stabbed in shoulder and cut on forehead.

"Folk saying someone, young Celtic fan, in bad way. Two separate stabbing incidents I mean.

"The whole thing apparently started when Rangers fans went into Strathduie (Bar) and stabbed people in the back.
"Celtic fans went out to chase them and fight and there was more stabbings."
Another witness said: "Albion St next to Italian kitchen was where the guy was with a stab wound to the neck.

Play Video

TAP TO PLAY
FAN TROUBLE IN GLASGOW AFTER CELTIC V RANGERS GAME

"Then on Blackfriars St there was two others who were stabbed in the back.
"Looks like Celtic and Rangers fans met where Albion St and Blackfriars St meet."
A passerby, who didn't wish to be named, said: "It looked like utter chaos.
"I have never seen so many police in my life.
"The whole of the Merchant City seemed to be cordoned off.

"We came into town for a drink in the evening thinking the football crowds would be long gone but it looks like the trouble is just starting."
However, The Strathduie Bar state no attacks took place inside the venue.
A staff member told the Daily Record: "The incident never happened here. We had our doors closed and as I was letting a man out, an injured boy was standing at the door.
"I let him in and some other staff and I assisted in helping him until more help arrived.
"The Strahduie is a friendly and quiet old man's pub."
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Three men have been taken to hospital for treatment.
"The incident is ongoing."

Three 'stabbed' in Glasgow city centre in violent clashes after Celtic v Rangers crunch match

By
Stephen Stewart
Peter Davidson
See news near you
Officers from Police Scotland and paramedics on the scene on Albion Street (Image: Daily Record)
Subscribe
Three men have been taken to hospital after a reported stabbing incident between football fans on a Glasgow street.
Officers from Police Scotland have taped off Albion Street in the Merchant City area following an incident at around 5.05pm today.

One eyewitness reported seeing a 'horrific mass brawl' which involved 15 or so people close to Blackfriars Street.
While another witness to the brawl said a young Celtic fan was 'in a bad way' after being stabbed.

Paramedics were called to the scene after the mass brawl (Image: Daily Record)READ MORE
It is reported that one stabbing took place at the Strathduie pub on Blackfriars Street before it spilled onto Albion Street.
One eyewitness said: "Three stabbed from what I heard. Saw one stabbed in shoulder and cut on forehead.

"Folk saying someone, young Celtic fan, in bad way. Two separate stabbing incidents I mean.

"The whole thing apparently started when Rangers fans went into Strathduie (Bar) and stabbed people in the back.
Another witness said: "Albion St next to Italian kitchen was where the guy was with a stab wound to the neck.

Play Video

TAP TO PLAY

"Looks like Celtic and Rangers fans met where Albion St and Blackfriars St meet."

"We came into town for a drink in the evening thinking the football crowds would be long gone but it looks like the trouble is just starting."
A staff member told the Daily Record: "The incident never happened here. We had our doors closed and as I was letting a man out, an injured boy was standing at the door.
"I let him in and some other staff and I assisted in helping him until more help arrived.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Three men have been taken to hospital for treatment.
So despite the fact a guy who literally works at the pub completely disproving that first rumour, they still publish it anyway.

The press are saying "football fans carried out the stabbings", the Bheasts have a free reign now, the press wont follow up, the Police wont follow up and politicians wont follow up.

And if the Bheasts are arrested, their friends in the PF's office will destroy the evidence. Welcome to Scotland.

So it ‘ looks like ‘ rival fans But not definite.
For me it’s still likely this was Celtic on Celtic.
When the cops fail to make any arrests, we will have our answer.

People on here saying the young team aren't "game / up for it" are talking utter nonsense.

When needed, the young team have defended themselves and the wider support home and away (in Europe also). Just because every incident isn't published on here or on twitter doesn't mean stuff doesn't take place.
Pricks like the Green Brigade would have got smashed in the old days. Even the scum casuals had to drink in the Barras as the city centre itself was out of bounds to them.

Green brigade took the easy option loads of other pubs they could have attacked and got a reaction the Toby is Rangers minded but it’s a normal pub outside football times. About 30 other pubs in Glasgow area and they took the shitebag option.

Green brigade took the easy option loads of other pubs they could have attacked and got a reaction the Toby is Rangers minded but it’s a normal pub outside football times. About 30 other pubs in Glasgow area and they took the shitebag option.

Exactly, that lot knew exactly what pub or pubs they could have went to if they wanted a reaction.

Them attacking the Toby is a way of them looking 'edgy' without actually gaining anything.

Exactly, that lot knew exactly what pub or pubs they could have went to if they wanted a reaction.

Them attacking the Toby is a way of them looking 'edgy' without actually gaining anything.
I know the Bristol is closer to them as well.

There is three rangers establishments in one street very close to the piggery and they didn’t go near them as they would have been handed their arses on a plate

The first guy put in the meat wagon there looked suspiciously familiar....

full.jpg

By
Stephen Stewart
Peter Davidson
See news near you
Subscribe

Play Video

TAP TO PLAY

That's shocking journalism

9 people stabbed in town yesterday. Absolutely mental. This is as bad as I can remember following an old firm.

Personally I think selective hearing from those in charge is fuelling the tension.

FK1872

The city centre is now - sadly - a no go area for us when they're at home so it is likely most of this was tim v tim.

Back