Todays subs (Roofe on for Morelos)

Credit where it’s due.

Many weren’t happy. And with chasing a goal there’s naturally a tendency to want your top scorer to stay on the pitch. By Morelos standards he had a really quiet game.

Obviously won us the game. Those scrappy goals are roofes bread and butter and he’s the one that you generally want those to fall to as always seems to get the breaks from him in the 6 yard box.

A crucial player who’s won us the 3 points at Hibs and today.
This may fire up the "stats can be used to prove anything" brigade, but this season, Roofe has scored 1 goal for every 114 minutes played, while Alfie has scored 1 every 166 minutes. I love Alfie, and I know he can rag-doll defenders when he's in the mood, but as the saying goes, goals win games.

This may fire up the "stats can be used to prove anything" brigade, but this season, Roofe has scored 1 goal for every 114 minutes played, while Alfie has scored 1 every 166 minutes. I love Alfie, and I know he can rag-doll defenders when he's in the mood, but as the saying goes, goals win games.
Would be interested to see Morelos stats in GIos reign as an entirely different role

We got lucky today no question. Gios subs were baffling. Weve played better and drew so its about time we got a result like that! id take a win like that the last 8 games tbh.

And assists? Genuinely interested though, feel like Alfies caused a lot more havoc than a goal every 166 mins

How Morelos lasted as long as he did I have no idea.

Think he was thinking more about his flight to London than getting out of David Bates pocket.

Back