Todays subs (Roofe on for Morelos)

The guy will score goals, you’re right. In fact he has.

Alfredo seemed to lack an edge today, so it was a good decision by GVB.

Roofe looked sharper today than he has in recent months, while for me Fashion looked lacking in quality, so I’m looking forward with Roofe ahead of Fashion personally Terry.
I don’t think Morelos was helped a lot today either gaps were quite big between kent him and sakala and the midfield.

Still think sakala has plenty to offer. Would like to see in game switching up to if kent and sakala switching wings if it’s not working.

Would like to see roofe starting against dundee definitely.

I don’t think Morelos was helped a lot today either gaps were quite big between kent him and sakala and the midfield.

Still think sakala has plenty to offer. Would like to see in game switching up to if kent and sakala switching wings if it’s not working.

Would like to see roofe starting against dundee definitely.

Agree on Morelos mate. They also restricted the ability for him to run into the channels, so his ability to hurt them was limited. I think he’s looking a wee bit jaded just now as he’s played non stop 90 minutes for many weeks now.

I think I’d leave Fashion as the impact sub for now & tweak the system to allow Roofe to get his chance from the start.

It seems that teams are now reading the Gio system, so we need to think other options ?

You think it's shocking a manager's decisions won us the game?

There's a new type of stupid finding it's way onto this message board where even good decisions by the manager are seen as 'shocking'. Place is full of utter idiots.
Bear Pit is a shambles these days, can't even win games without shit like this and the "deflated" thread.

Credit where it’s due.

Many weren’t happy. And with chasing a goal there’s naturally a tendency to want your top scorer to stay on the pitch. By Morelos standards he had a really quiet game.

Obviously won us the game. Those scrappy goals are roofes bread and butter and he’s the one that you generally want those to fall to as always seems to get the breaks from him in the 6 yard box.

A crucial player who’s won us the 3 points at Hibs and today.

I was one of them and happy to admit I was completely wrong.

Lad I was sitting next to called it absolutely spot on. If Morelos was on the park, Roofe likely isn't in that position to bundle home the winner, as he is probably out wide or deeper, keeping our Alfie's road.

Credit to the manager. I did think the changes should've been made earlier but, we got there in the end.

Spot on.

Weird weird comments on here.

The managers decision, and Roofe’s finish won us the game. It’s a fact.

Why are people not over the moon about that ?
Because some have decided Gio is not the man for the job and are to pig headed and stubborn to say anything otherwise.

Most were probably the ones that actually booed his sub.

We are all Rangers supporters at the end of the day, but more and more I realise that’s pretty much all I have in common with a small % of our support.

It worked

However the logic of taking him off when kent and aribo are out on their feet I can’t fathom

Gio becomes weirder by the day

He is drowning in the pressure imo

I've been very critical of the manager and subs or lack thereof.

However Alfie was having one of those days where nothing was going right and deserved to be replaced.

Roofe showed a lot of desire when brought on too, with excellent workrate and deserved his goal as such.

Credit to GVB today for the changes he made. I hope we'll see more good judgement going forward.

Agree on Morelos mate. They also restricted the ability for him to run into the channels, so his ability to hurt them was limited. I think he’s looking a wee bit jaded just now as he’s played non stop 90 minutes for many weeks now.

I think I’d leave Fashion as the impact sub for now & tweak the system to allow Roofe to get his chance from the start.

It seems that teams are now reading the Gio system, so we need to think other options ?
Think he can offer a lot away from home as well.

Said it in the match thread we need to mix up the corners. Looping outball into goldson isn’t working. No Helander or Balogun is essentially putting the sole emphasis of the cross to goldson.

It’s either that or an Aribo flick on at the near post.

Because some have decided Gio is not the man for the job and are to pig headed and stubborn to say anything otherwise.

Most were probably the ones that actually booed his sub.

We are all Rangers supporters at the end of the day, but more and more I realise that’s pretty much all I have in common with a small % of our support.

Agree Barry.

I’m not Roofe’s greatest fan, but I’m delighted at him getting the winner today.

I’m despairing about our fans recently. It’s almost as if we’re going to talk ourselves into losing the league, rather than cheering our club on with all we have & making our enemy fight all of the way if they’re going to beat us.

Still think it was wrong to take Alfredo off when we were chasing a goal at home. Roofe on was the right sub however.
I'm the same.
Roofe should've been brought on to play up beside Alfie with Aribo going off.
It worked but by Christ we scraped that today, it was absoloute lifeless shite at times.

Think he can offer a lot away from home as well.

Said it in the match thread we need to mix up the corners. Looping outball into goldson isn’t working. No Helander or Balogun is essentially putting the sole emphasis of the cross to goldson.

It’s either that or an Aribo flick on at the near post.

I don’t remember Goldson scoring this season, after a nice wee haul last season Terry.

Has he ?

We really need to freshen up set pieces.

Morelos drags defences all over the place, Roofe appears the only player to exploit that space

I don’t remember Goldson scoring this season, after a nice wee haul last season Terry.

Has he ?

We really need to freshen up set pieces.
It’s definitely one thing that’s fell off the cliff.

I think we overachieved on that front last year and in contrast have underachieved this year with it

Surprised this is the first thread on the subs.

There were at least 10 dedicated to the lack of subs immediately after Wednesday nights game.

People obviously a lot quicker to criticise than they are to praise.

Well done Gio. One in the eye for the tossers booing too.
No idea why people where booing. Alfie was piss poor all game and wasn't scoring today, wasn't even getting into position to score. Right decision taking him off

Missing 8 chances in a game where he scores 1,

makes me say that,

you can have your views,

if you saw your rivals score 8 goals would you be happy??

What game is that you’re talking about ?

And do you watch football so little you think ever shot should be a goal ?

You do realise when Jermain Defoe, top class striker according to FF had 8 chances when he scored his hat trick last season ?

Some of our fans are in absolute fantasy land.

Seem to be doing everything to create a negative landscape at our club instead of supporting it to 56.

Roofe is the best poacher at the club and it makes sense to get him on if you need a goal but I’d have kept Alfie on too.
Always a possibility that they’d get in each other’s way.
Also, you might get it wrong and take off a creative option or a defensive option that can cause the wrong change.

It was the rightalthough strange sub

However it doesn't change the fact the team looks completely void of a proper plan and tactics under Gio. And Gio himself looks completely lost at times too. He should walk when we win the league imo.
Looks to whom though?
To the know-alls in the stands?

The way the fans reacted when the sub happened meant Roofe needed to score, so you've got to say well done.
Agreed.
Both Roofe and the manager were under pressure for this to work.
Actually, the manager taking Morelos off was an incredibly brave decision.

Yes, it is and you can think what you want.
The proof for me is simply that Morelos isn’t always in that position so there is no guarantee he’d be there this time.
You’re right, Morelos is never in a central/back post position when the ball comes across, what am I thinking.

Can’t find it in myself to give Gio credit for this sub at all.

By all means bring Roofe on when chasing a goal but to take off Alfie? A decision that could have easily cost him his job given not a single other person in our squad besides him looks like scoring at the minute.

Gio deserved credit for the way he changed the game against Dortmund. Today was a complete and utter fluke.
Do you really dislike the manager that much?

We persevere with Morelos too much in games,

either he does a job in 75 minute or he's off,

or he gets put on the bench to rattle him up for a while and he scores when he comes on

Morelos doesn't score enough bread and butter goals.
He never had a bread and butter chance today. In fact he really didn’t have anything to work with at all. A half decent effort in the first half which unsurprisingly he made for himself.

When Ferguson made changes that worked I got it

I’m at the stage with Gio TBH it still feels like hurling shit at a wall in the hope it sticks

Don’t @me, if you’re into him the now you’re a bit of a fan boy

You’re right, Morelos is never in a central/back post position when the ball comes across, what am I thinking.
I didn’t say “never”, so don't mis-quote me.
I said “not always”.
This in reply to you posting:
Morelos would’ve been in the exact same place to score the goal.
Which is, quite obviously, not a certainty.

Wouldn’t have been the changes I would have made but it got us the win and we saw the game out with ease from that point. You have to give the manager credit.

It’s been nearly 5 years, a 1 in 2 record is incredible for any level over that time|Iif you are hapy enough with the amounyt of chances he miisses overr waht he gets, that is up to you

It’s been nearly 5 years, a 1 in 2 record is incredible for any level over that time
As much as Alfie has done for us and I am very thankful for what he has done,

but if you are happy with the service Morelos gets and from that service how much he has finished,

then that is purely your opinion,

I am sure you are in the minority

thank %^*&!!

Back