Todays subs (Roofe on for Morelos)

Can’t find it in myself to give Gio credit for this sub at all.

By all means bring Roofe on when chasing a goal but to take off Alfie? A decision that could have easily cost him his job given not a single other person in our squad besides him looks like scoring at the minute.

Gio deserved credit for the way he changed the game against Dortmund. Today was a complete and utter fluke.

He was on the bench in those games though so if he's fit enough for the bench you'd expect him to be able to play a part if needed, otherwise its pointless.

I actually agree he got the Dortmund game bang on, but domestically at least he still needs to prove he gets it. There's been far too many dropped points and mishaps. I still think he's making a huge error by sticking with McGregor, and if he costs us again Gio will have nowhere to hide with that one.

Yeah play a part if we are a few goals up and it's getting him some minutes.

One of the benefits of so many subs now is we can included guys that would have previously missed out

Like for like subs shouldn’t be made when chasing games.
It wasn’t like for like though. Roofe scored from the 6 yard box. Alfie would have been nearer the edge of the box/ corner flag. Man needs to do his job as a striker.

By all means bring Roofe on when chasing a goal but to take off Alfie? A decision that could have easily cost him his job given not a single other person in our squad besides him looks like scoring at the minute.

Gio deserved credit for the way he changed the game against Dortmund. Today was a complete and utter fluke.

No it wasn't a fluke FFS.

The changes he made literally had a direct impact on us scoring

Credit where it’s due.

Many weren’t happy. And with chasing a goal there’s naturally a tendency to want your top scorer to stay on the pitch. By Morelos standards he had a really quiet game.

Obviously won us the game. Those scrappy goals are roofes bread and butter and he’s the one that you generally want those to fall to as always seems to get the breaks from him in the 6 yard box.

A crucial player who’s won us the 3 points at Hibs and today.
Felt Morelos was completely anonymous today so was surprised to hear the boos when he was subbed.

Morelos works hard and can obviously score goals, hold up play, but and it’s a big but, Roofe is the best finisher at the club, he’s a “sniffer” who scores really important goals. When you see the goals he’s scored before he came to us lot of them are tap ins and wee flicks from nowhere. He seems to be in the right place at the right time when he scores which is the sign of a good striker. It’s keeping him fit that’s the problem. If he could stay fit and get a run of games then he’d be 20 a season.

Yes when it mattered he got the decision right. Hopefully we don’t make a habit of bringing Morelos off when we’re chasing goals though :)

Morelos was an empty shirt today. Thats 3 times this season against Aberdeen he's been marked out the game by David Bates.

Thought it was a genuinely shocking substitution tbh and still do. Was so angry. Roofe should have been on at 60 mins at the very latest. Why did he wait so long? Arfield sun was pointless as well.

Roofe is the ideal man when chasing a goal as he finds space in the box and nick a goal.

We’re hanging in there so that is something.

Funny, ever word you've spent time typing here is wrong.

No it wasn't a fluke FFS.

The changes he made literally had a direct impact on us scoring
I really don’t see what impact Arfield or Lundstram had on winning us that game. Neither of these players contributed to the build up of our goal?

Our problem was carving them open and which neither of them helped with.

We scored from the only “chance” we created after he came on, and even then I’m not convinced he even knew much about it watching the goal back.

Thought it was a genuinely shocking substitution tbh and still do. Was so angry. Roofe should have been on at 60 mins at the very latest. Why did he wait so long? Arfield sun was pointless as well.

Roofe is the ideal man when chasing a goal as he finds space in the box and nick a goal.

We’re hanging in there so that is something.

You think it's shocking a manager's decisions won us the game?

There's a new type of stupid finding it's way onto this message board where even good decisions by the manager are seen as 'shocking'. Place is full of utter idiots.

Roofe getting booed as he came on was a classy touch from the idiots who were doing it.

Well done to him for securing the 3 points.

Credit where it is due, not the sub I would have made and if given the chance in similar situation going forward still wouldn't. Ake it but won us the game.

You think it's shocking a manager's decisions won us the game?

There's a new type of stupid finding it's way onto this message board where even good decisions by the manager are seen as 'shocking'. Place is full of utter idiots.

Who you calling an idiot? I’d love you to say that to my face. You’re a cheeky bastard.

I wanted Roofe on not Morelos off. Thank god we scored.

Who you calling an idiot? I’d love you to say that to my face. You’re a cheeky bastard.

I wanted Roofe on not Morelos off. Thank god we scored.

Simple, stop posting such stupidity and you won't be called one.

Big set of balls required to take off Morelos when we're chasing a goal.

Correct decision though. Well done Gio.

Simple, stop posting such stupidity and you won't be called one.

So at the time were you thinking: That’s a great decision Gio to take off our best player and the only one scoring goals?

No, and I’ll say it again you’re a Fucking cheeky bastard. I’d love you to say that to my face. You fucking wouldn’t. Cheeky, cheeky bastard.

So at the time were you thinking: That’s a great decision Gio to take off our best player and the only one scoring goals?

No, and I’ll say it again you’re a Fucking cheeky bastard. I’d love you to say that to my face. You fucking wouldn’t. Cheeky, cheeky bastard.

I was wanting Alfie off around the 50th minute today. An empty shirt that contributing nothing.

The manager was 100% right to take him off.

The fact you found it 'shocking' and made you angry is just a riddy.

Roofe will score goals in and around the 6 yard box so he is a good option in these game. Unless we go with two strikers then it makes sense to sub morelos for roofe.

I was wanting Alfie off around the 50th minute today. An empty shirt that contributing nothing.

The manager was 100% right to take him off.

The fact you found it 'shocking' and made you angry is just a riddy.

You’re a “riddy” (who the %^*& says riddy?) for abusing your fellow Rangers supporters. Calling people names over a message board doesn’t make you correct. Arsehole.

Morelos was poor today, the gaffer got it right. Credit where its due, thought the boo’s were a bit ott

Morelos was struggling!

Watching (from the Govan admittedly) Gio getting frustrated with Sakala tells me he’s not happy with his squad!

Made the right subs today - credit where it’s due!!

Roofe has a touch of McCoist about him. Poaching bastard and I love it.
Have to agree. He's not a link up player, not one to play off the side nor does he offer much during most games. What he is though is a very good poacher who will get you goals. We need to find a way of setting the team up with 2 strikers

Morelos was poor today, the gaffer got it right. Credit where its due, thought the boo’s were a bit ott
It was ridiculous, some of our own are genuinely embarrassing.

I wasn’t happy at the sub either but what the hell does booing our own players and management actually achieve?

And by the end of the game the manager was proven correct and the boo boys wrong.

I really don’t see what impact Arfield or Lundstram had on winning us that game. Neither of these players contributed to the build up of our goal?

Our problem was carving them open and which neither of them helped with.

We scored from the only “chance” we created after he came on, and even then I’m not convinced he even knew much about it watching the goal back.
Arfields sub instantly made Tav more influential.

If Sakala is still on the park then Tav is never that high to contribute to the goal.

The sub that was 100% correct was getting Balogun on to get Bassey out to LB. He’s became an important player very quickly this year.

Hopefully Roofe can go on a scoring run now.

I dont know what my opinion is on it. He iestly would have booted gio in the stones when he took morelos off and kiss him when he scored. Its a strange time the now.

Roofe coming on was 100% correct and not really up for debate. The question i guess is whether it should have been Alfie that came off, and there's not necessarily a right answer as who's to say Roofe wouldn't have scored even if Morelos had stayed on.

He will score goals up here no matter what.

Just need to find out best how to utilise him in Gios way of playing

The guy will score goals, you’re right. In fact he has.

Alfredo seemed to lack an edge today, so it was a good decision by GVB.

Roofe looked sharper today than he has in recent months, while for me Fashion looked lacking in quality, so I’m looking forward with Roofe ahead of Fashion personally Terry.

Quite incredible the mental gymnastics some are attempting to still say Gio was wrong rather than actually admit he was right and they were wrong.

His decision quite literally won us the game!!

Spot on.

Weird weird comments on here.

The managers decision, and Roofe’s finish won us the game. It’s a fact.

Why are people not over the moon about that ?

Didn’t understand the booing, Morelos was pish from the first minute and was rightfully hooked, he’s been vital for us recently but not today. Was delighted to see Roofe come on and make an impact, that’s the kind of contribution we need to see from subs.

I was absolutely raging but I guess that’s why GVB is a football manager and I’m a scaffolder

I used to work with a high profile Scottish manager years ago.

His comment - It’s the only industry in the world where laymen think they know better than a guy whose worked his career in that industry. Could you imagine people telling a lawyer or a doctor that they know their jobs better than them ?

True story lol

Back