Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

Players get injured, happens to all clubs, just feels worse because it’s ours.

People can blame everyone from the conditioning coaches, physios, manager, club doctor to the tea-lady. I remember Walters teams during 9 in a row, there was always 5 or 6 players on the treatment table.

It’s a blow but there are 6 pages filled with scatter-gun comments

Nothing to do with Wilson. He doesn't have any injury history.
Nah must be Wilson’s fault. Sure someone will find a reason to blame him.

In all seriousness we have no luck just now with injuries. Hopefully Roofe will get back and give us some attacking options. Lawrence was looking really good.

Our luck with injuries lately has been absolutely awful, if we win the title this hear it would be nothing short of a miracle in all honestly.

But is it fair to ask questions on the medical team?

If Souttar was carrying an injury from Hearts why did he play on Livi’s pitch never to be seen again?

If Lawrence is injured again in training was he rushed back? Probably not but I love a moan.

No chance we are seeing him for a considerable amount of time. Already feels like this will be one of those cursed seasons.

Leaves the club without a no 8 that's anywhere near close to good enough that full midfield needs rebuilt and rebalanced asap thank god most of them are out of contract in the summer

The usual vague pish prognosis "out at least till after the world cup" so could be end of december or end of April . Makes you wonder if they have an idea themselves or are they genuinely clueless seeing as they give this standard "could be anything" response with all our injuries.

Shame for the lad he looked really promising. It's a big set back for us and more money tied up in a player who can't contribute. It's hard to see how his first season isn't a write off now.

Shame for the lad he looked really promising. It's a big set back for us and more money tied up in a player who can't contribute. It's hard to see how his first season isn't a write off now.
He could be back early january. You never know. A torn calf muscle heals in two months max apparently. We will never know though cos for some unknown bizzare reason the club hate communicating timescales on these things.

Couple of posters being smart arses last week when I questioned the whole “he is out until international break” but was unavailable for Saturday

Looks like my point about us constantly saying players are out for a few weeks then transpires it’s months was spot on

It’s a joke how many long term injuries we carry, too often this is happening to our players and you need to wonder about our medical dept
This one is even worse though.

After the match Gio said to the press that Lawrence was “ fine” .

It then became no he’s not fine and will miss a few weeks but will be back after the international break.

Now, he’s suddenly out for “ many months”. And Quelle surprise it’s a “ new injury” :rolleyes:

I’m not one for criticising staff but come on. Nobody is that “ unlucky”. People called this out when we first heard Lawrence was injured and it’s turned out they were right. It’s happening FAR too often. There’s something not right .

This has been one of the worst starts to a season for a long time. We've had no luck with injuries the past few seasons.

It then became no he’s not fine and will miss a few weeks but will be back after the international break.

Now, he’s suddenly out for “ many months”.

I’m not one for criticising staff but come on. Nobody is that “ unlucky”. People called this out when we first heard Lawrence was injured and it’s turned out they were right. It’s happening FAR too often. There’s something not right .
Did you expect Gio to have a full injury diagnosis and rehab timeline in the 30 minutes between him going down with a knock and speaking to the press.

"Now, he’s suddenly out for “ many months”."

Yeah with a completely different injury picked up in training. It's not a conspiracy.

Did you expect Gio to have a full injury diagnosis and rehab timeline in the 30 minutes between him going down with a knock and speaking to the press.

"Now, he’s suddenly out for “ many months”."

Yeah with a completely different injury picked up in training. It's not a conspiracy.
You will surely understand why fans might not quite believe the explanations we are being fed given our recent history.

People were actually half joking at the time Lawrence got injured saying “ we won’t see him again until after the winter break” . I say half joking because sadly we are so used to it happening to us.

And yet again it’s turned out to be the case.

There’s only so long you can trot out “ these things happen , bad luck, footballers get injured “ etc.

Something isn’t right. And we all know it. We get worse injuries than an NFL team get.

What an absolute embarrassment some people are on here. There always has to be a witch-hunt. If players were sustaining the same injuries then that may flag issues with the style of training etc but that absolutely isn’t the case. We’ve had knee injuries, broken bones, Achilles problems, hamstring injuries and calf problems. There is absolutely no pattern to any of these injuries.

When their new manager came in they were getting hamstring injuries all over the place, that seemed to be connected to their style of play and new approach to training, that was a clear issue whilst ours has been completely random.

Injuries are part of the game, I’ve played with boys who spent months sitting in the treatment room followed by months of the hardest recovery you’ll ever see. First session back and they sustain another serious injury completely unrelated to the one before. If anyone had ever seen a victim of that scenario they would maybe shut their mouth and demonstrate a bit of empathy towards the individual at the centre of it all.

Players and staff absolutely burst themselves to get players back playing and the first thing people do on here is slaughter those people working hard to get the players back. It’s an absolute joke.

Now, he’s suddenly out for “ many months”. And Quelle surprise it’s a “ new injury” :rolleyes:

After the match - Gio had all off a few minutes to assess how he was, it’s probable nobody knew what the extent was given he had literally just left the pitch.

The original assessment was correct and he was back in training.

He has a new injury which is widely being suggested it’s his calf.

Folk turning professional athletes injury’s in to some kind of conspiracy theory are absolutely bonkers!!

As soon as one of our players gets an injury, you just know they are going to pick up another before they return to fitness, they would be safer in the hands of a Napoleonic field surgery.

Disappointing news. We’ll do well to get half a season out of him the way it’s going

Un-fu*king-believable.

Say what you want, but Gio's tenure has seen some sensationally bad luck when it comes to injuries. Last season, I think it cost us the Europa League.

After the match - Gio had all off a few minutes to assess how he was, it’s probable nobody knew what the extent was given he had literally just left the pitch.

The original assessment was correct and he was back in training.

He has a new injury which is widely being suggested it’s his calf.

Folk turning professional athletes injury’s in to some kind of conspiracy theory are absolutely bonkers!!
Conspiracy nothing. That’s an easy accusation to make to dumb down the feasible and reasonable observation that we have a horrendous track record when it comes to injured players.

Forget Lawrence for a moment and answer me this - if the club and staff are entirely blameless, why did we sign John Souttar? Explain that one to me. Hearts fans , everyone on this forum, everyone knew how it would go- a quick look at his history was all it took.

And yet still we signed him. Why? Take your time with the answer. Bad luck? Nothing to see here?

Who's to say their methods are not impacting the recovery process of players ?
Every single minor injury at Ibrox becomes a long term issue when those cranks go to work on them. Been the case for years now.

Has any injured player ever returned back from an injury on or ahead of schedule in recent years?
Well given a good few of them have changed since Gio came in, and as you say, this has been happening for years, then it would be a hell of a coincidence if we just continued to hire woefully incompetent medical stuff.

Or maybe it’s just bad luck, other teams get injuries as well, it’s not just us.

Massive disappointment for the player and for the fans. He was one of the few summer signings who hit the ground running, and I thought he was going to score quite a few goals this season.

Must be a bad one if it's a new injury and we're already saying he's out for months.

You will surely understand why fans might not quite believe the explanations we are being fed given our recent history.

People were actually half joking at the time Lawrence got injured saying “ we won’t see him again until after the winter break” . I say half joking because sadly we are so used to it happening to us.

And yet again it’s turned out to be the case.

There’s only so long you can trot out “ these things happen , bad luck, footballers get injured “ etc.

Something isn’t right. And we all know it. We get worse injuries than an NFL team get.

We don’t all know it though - do we??

Absolutely gutted by this news.

Was eagerly anticipating Lawrence's return to the Starting XI.

Can only pray he recovers well and is fit after the World Cup.

What an absolute embarrassment some people are on here. There always has to be a witch-hunt. If players were sustaining the same injuries then that may flag issues with the style of training etc but that absolutely isn’t the case. We’ve had knee injuries, broken bones, Achilles problems, hamstring injuries and calf problems. There is absolutely no pattern to any of these injuries.

When their new manager came in they were getting hamstring injuries all over the place, that seemed to be connected to their style of play and new approach to training, that was a clear issue whilst ours has been completely random.

Injuries are part of the game, I’ve played with boys who spent months sitting in the treatment room followed by months of the hardest recovery you’ll ever see. First session back and they sustain another serious injury completely unrelated to the one before. If anyone had ever seen a victim of that scenario they would maybe shut their mouth and demonstrate a bit of empathy towards the individual at the centre of it all.

Players and staff absolutely burst themselves to get players back playing and the first thing people do on here is slaughter those people working hard to get the players back. It’s an absolute joke.
Your completely right mate and a levelheaded take on it. I think people are just absolutely pig sick that anytime we get excited about a player they break down or out for a few months . Heat of the money when finding out I’d guess. It’s been part of being a rangers supporter for me through the years now The worst ones are you get a glimpse of greatness ( not putting Lawrence in that category yet) and they get a bad one never to find the same level again.

As I say I think it’s just the awe not again and initial anger/frustration of the news.

Obviously players get injured, but I don't recall a time when so many Rangers players are picking up serious injuries in training.

Roofe and Helander started pre season training, only to be out injured for months.

Now Lawrence back in training, then out for months.

Lawrence got injured when we were about 4 goals up and instead of Gio utilising the squad and bringing Sakala on to play up front, he gives Lawrence 90 minutes, the last 15-20 as a striker.

Lawrence gets injured.

Are we just unlucky? Poor medical staff? Signing permanently injured players?

He ran himself into the ground against PSV, then was given another 90 against Ross County. The last 30 mins or so to see how he copes as a lone striker or something, despite the fact he had played the role many times before. He was knackered by that point anyway.

Maybe the injuries are different but it's a nonsense he got hurt in the first place.

Back