Tom Miller today

Both have their good points and bad points.

If Clive acted less impartial (he is on RTV after all) I think I’d be happier with him. Still a brilliant commentator though.

Remember when Tom commentates on the visuals, it’s the same feed being used for audio only, hence a bit more talking than might be expected/wanted.

Tom for me by a fair distance. I don’t want a dispassionate voice on RTV.

Clive fills in with facts because he doesn’t have the personal memories and emotion of being a supporter.

He’s professional & good at his job. Just not for me.

Durrant was excellent today too.

I wish there was a way to switch off the commentary on all TV matches and just have the crowd noise.

I manage pretty well to watch games live without having somebody listing stats, describing what is happening and having shit banter with an ex-player.

Catches a lot of unfair flack. Was great today.

Some pretty funny moments too, eg when you could hear the Motherwell sponsors giving Mugabe Motm and he said something along the lines of names being thrown in to a hat to select that one.

In a minority here but prefer Tom to Clive.

Dont need stats from Clive about so and so being the second highest scorer against Rangers in recent years behind Edouard and more shite like that. He’s not on ITV now and that doesn’t enhance my viewing as a Rangers fan. Tom over Clive for me.
Tom is the best. Genuinely a Bear

You don’t get a commentary when sitting in Ibrox so should be able to mange fine without one on the tv too. By the way , is Clive still referring to the ‘light blues’ as the shirt colour?

I prefer Clive, never been a fan of Tom Miller but since Clive has got involved Tom has actually got better.

Tom and Clive are like Burger King and McDonalds - theres place for them both, and sometimes you feel much more like one than the other!

Some pretty funny moments too, eg when you could hear the Motherwell sponsors giving Mugabe Motm and he said something along the lines of names being thrown in to a hat to select that one.

Dont need stats from Clive about so and so being the second highest scorer against Rangers in recent years behind Edouard and more shite like that. He’s not on ITV now and that doesn’t enhance my viewing as a Rangers fan. Tom over Clive for me.
Thought he was brilliant now

I personally prefer Clive, think Tom misses a lot of obvious things during the game. However I think the grief he gets is way ott, and the guy who has commented on a lot of big Rangers moments

Remember when Tom commentates on the visuals, it’s the same feed being used for audio only, hence a bit more talking than might be expected/wanted.

Clive fills in with facts because he doesn’t have the personal memories and emotion of being a supporter.

Durrant isn’t the most articulate but his knowledge of the game is absolutely fantastic. I’d love to see him get more RTV time.

I've never been a fan of Tom, but Clive's witterings do make me appreciate Tom more. He might get carried away at times but you know he's a fan like the rest of us.
Well, from my own Perspective, and I can only talk about my own Perspective, not the co-commentator's Perspective, not a management Perspective, it's all about the Rangers! :)) :p

(agreed: I'd rather listen to a fellow bluenose)

Clive needs to stop giving constant score updates in the other games, Rangers are playing I don’t care about anyone else

A pet hate of mine. My sister calls me every time Celtic go behind. I hate it. It gets my hopes up and leads to many disappointments. Ive told her not to do it. Now she waits till their game is over and I pray for my phone to ring.

Tom is a fan not a commentator, he's on for a gab reminiscing about times past, whilst the action is still going on . No harm to to the man but he's murder .

I personally prefer Clive, think Tom misses a lot of obvious things during the game. However I think the grief he gets is way ott, and the guy who has commented on a lot of big Rangers moments

Tom misses things as he is not at the games, he only does away games so watching on a screen.

Prefer Clive, personally. Understand why people prefer Tom. He's like a rambling uncle or something. No many shout outs to random supporter's club lately. As I've said before though, I would hate to be visually impaired, cos his audio commentary is awful.

I watched Aberdeens own TV channel previously as I couldnt bare any more Tom so it wont surprise anyone to know that I much prefer Clive.
giphy.gif

I prefer Tom to Clive OP. I find Clive cringey at times.

I thought Tom was excellent with the tone he took with Durrant today when talking about walter.on wed night I felt sorry for KT as I felt Clive just talked about Walter in the introduction and left KT to it and we all know how close KT was to Walter.

FF members complaining about Clive giving score updates when there's literally a thread every match day with other games scores plus plenty posters putting scores on the match thread , a wee bit hypocritical !

Can’t honestly think people can put TM in the same category with CT when it comes to quality of commentary. Tom’s a good guy and a good bluenose but he’s no good for the lugs.

FF members complaining about Clive giving score updates when there's literally a thread every match day with other games scores plus plenty posters putting scores on the match thread , a wee bit hypocritical !

It's kinda like when the manager gives an injury update in his press conference. If it's good news, everyone's happy. If a player has a setback, it's meltdown.

Same with scores. I bet no one would complain if Clive had said on Wednesday that the spoon burners were four up at half time.

Back