Tonight’s SSB

What is Gordon Dalziels problem. To me he comes across as the biggest mentally challenged on the show and that's some feat for an ex Rangers man when he's on a show with guys like Guidi and Mark Wilson

Agreed, he has a huge issue with Rangers and Morelos, he doesn't buy the statement by Alfie, he thinks SG is too soft, he continues to bang on about the 31 players he's brought in and failed to win a piece of silverware, the guys a pleb.

Yes, they had a few good players.

We should be able to bring guys playing in Scandinavia here, definitely salary wise.

Was that Varela a South American ?

He’s Uruguayan. Moyes signed him for Man Utd for £3 million. He looked good going forward but was caught up the pitch a lot when defending

I’ve always liked the left back at Rosenborg as well and i think the mhanks were linked with him last summer. There’s decent players in Scandinavia and good value there.

It's true that the producer picks the callers. I phoned up kidding on to be a Celtic supporter during the strip the titles era. When I got put through they didnt have a phucking clue what to do with me when I started reeling off fact after fact (got it from a thread on here) and Guidi, Keevins and I think the guy who now hosts Celtic TV had their thunder well and truly stolen

Me too mate was a great laugh. He was rag dolled by their big cb anytime the ball went near him . Funnily enough for all the shit Alfie gets I've never seen him have as poor a performance as that in Europe . Must be a shock to the system for odd one when defenders aren't statues and actually try and defend against him . The even funnier thing is I was told by a member of the bheast club "goodluck against Braga yous will need it" the day before our match . They had themselves already in the next round and us out. Funny when that kind of arrogance and ignorance ends up making someone look like a daft lady's front bottom:D

I’ve watched them recently against Copenhagen, st Johnstone and Hamilton. Against Hamilton they were lucky to have griffiths stay on the park and were struggling while hamilton had 11 men. We know how the Copenhagen game went and they weren’t impressive against st Johnstone. They carry luck but they aren’t a team to be feared.

Dalziel is a shocking pundit. Thick guy with nothing relevant to say.
They've never actually ever had an articulate person in the 'blue' corner.
If radio clyde had any balls they would survey Rangers fans,but the outcome would not suit their agenda of course.

Yes, they had a few good players.

We should be able to bring guys playing in Scandinavia here, definitely salary wise.

Was that Varela a South American ?
Definitely a market to be looking at grigo.
I'm not sure mate but he looked a decent player. Definitely worth keeping tabs on a few to see how they are regularly.
Midtjylland are top of their league by a bit Aswel and we hammered them in the qualifiers. They looked to have a few handy players despite the score against them over the two legs.

I’ve watched them recently against Copenhagen, st Johnstone and Hamilton. Against Hamilton they were lucky to have griffiths stay on the park and were struggling while hamilton had 11 men. We know how the Copenhagen game went and they weren’t impressive against st Johnstone. They carry luck but they aren’t a team to be feared.
Certainly not a team to be feared. We've seen in head to head games with them this season they are ordinary when you get in their faces and have the quality to punish them. Thing is against the pish in Scotland they have been ruthless and like you say when they have been struggling in certain matches they've been aided by favourable decisions from officials, like the one you refer to above in the Hamilton game.
We had the consistency but it's gone in the last five or six weeks for one reason or another. It's frustrating as feels like another season those bastards are going to have an easy ride in the second part of the season to the title and the cup competition.

What is Gordon Dalziels problem. To me he comes across as the biggest mentally challenged on the show and that's some feat for an ex Rangers man when he's on a show with guys like Guidi and Mark Wilson
Agreed, he has a huge issue with Rangers and Morelos, he doesn't buy the statement by Alfie, he thinks SG is too soft, he continues to bang on about the 31 players he's brought in and failed to win a piece of silverware, the guys a pleb.
I fecking hate Dalziel. A mentally challenged apologist of the highest order.

GD comes across as a twat and a pretty simple one at that.

That being said, I do have a bit of respect for him for the way he conducted himself at the Davie Cooper dinner at Ibrox 3 or 4 years ago. Spoke very well and was nothing other than a gentleman towards the guests/club legends that were present.

He’s Uruguayan. Moyes signed him for Man Utd for £3 million. He looked good going forward but was caught up the pitch a lot when defending

I’ve always liked the left back at Rosenborg as well and i think the mhanks were linked with him last summer. There’s decent players in Scandinavia and good value there.

Absolutely agree GD, and they’re now a level above what they were 20 or so years ago. These countries are getting their shit together & developing players.

Our country is for dinosaurs.

A few weeks ago i heard him saying " ohh Edward is ma favurit player" that about made me puke and the way he said it sounded like some wee love struck teenager . Clearly trying to appease the bheasts but nauseating all the same

The luck they have carried for the past 4 seasons is unreal.
I'm not saying they aren't a good team and shouldn't have won what they won, but we are on a par with them in all aspects bar luck and refereeing.
Their goal vs St Johnstone was purely luck. Straight in from a cross.
The league cup final wasn't a case of playing badly and grinding out a win. It was pure luck mixed with the worst officiating.
Their away European win against Lazio has to be seen to be believed. Anyone watching that game and finding out that Lazio now sit top of Serie A would think Italian football the weakest it has ever been.
Luck might be the last piece of the puzzle.

GD comes across as a twat and a pretty simple one at that.

That being said, I do have a bit of respect for him for the way he conducted himself at the Davie Cooper dinner at Ibrox 3 or 4 years ago. Spoke very well and was nothing other than a gentleman towards the guests/club legends that were present.

I'm sure they'll be a small number of occasions he conducts himself as a gentleman however on SSB he spends a hell of a lot of his time having a pop at everything regards Rangers and never is it a balanced argument either, FYI I have the blue tinted glasses off.

I'm sure they'll be a small number of occasions he conducts himself as a gentleman however on SSB he spends a hell of a lot of his time having a pop at everything regards Rangers and never is it a balanced argument either, FYI I have the blue tinted glasses off.

Tbh mate, I dont listen to SSB enough to properly comment on that. As said, I just always find him a bit stupid when I do stick it on, rather than overly negative.

He's a self serving rat. Him coming across so pro mentally challenged is his cunning plan to keep his only source of income.

No offence but the guys been on it for a while and still struggles to put together ordinary sentences. I don't see them knocking down his door with media offers, its his only gig.

It's obvious what the producers want on that show from their pundits. Gordon over cooks it the way all people with limited intelligence do to impress the boss.

Last edited:
Tbh mate, I dont listen to SSB enough to properly comment on that. As said, I just always find him a bit stupid when I do stick it on, rather than overly negative.

He is like the 'classroom clown' and acts dumb at times but I feel he has sometimes an unhealthy dislike of all things Rangers, just my opinion mind you.

He is like the 'classroom clown' and acts dumb at times but I feel he has sometimes an unhealthy dislike of all things Rangers, just my opinion mind you.

Fair one mate and I dare say you arent alone in that opinion, it's just not my experience of the man, is all.

TBH I think Gordon Duncan is quite impartial and is a huge improvement from Gerry McCulloch and Jim Delacunt.
I still yearn for the good old days of Richard "Ibrox" Park though!
;)

Ah Richard Park now there's a blast from the past (Radio Clude 261) but I do like Gordon Duncan.

Back