Transfer Talk: Rangers return on the cards for Scotland ace Billy

Think the last thing Gilmour wants is more relegation fodder . Especially playing for a team whose fans celebrate finishing 20th like they had won the Champions league.
They celebrated not getting relegated, Who wouldnt?

Hell have options as he's a top player he might not get a top 4-5 side though

Doesn't this new rule mean they are more likely to hoard players and just snap up more at a younger age? Players like Gilmore you obtain for a low fee. Then train them for 3 years and then you can loan them out until the cows come home.

Fifa has introduced new regulations to limit the number of loan moves clubs are able to sanction in order to “prevent the hoarding of players”.

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.

In a statement released across their official channels, Fifa said the rules would “clarify the purpose of loans” and limit “excessive and abusive practices”.

Surel if he’s in the last year of his contract they are not going to loan him out, why would they?
They will offer a new deal before they loan him.

And if he doesn’t sign he will be left and not playing.

Common practice there wasn’t that Man City player like that

He’s got the skills & attitude to develop into a Steven Davis Greig.

I just can’t get my head around how we could get him long term financially.

Agree on both your points - although I'd say he has a much higher ceiling than Davis in terms of potential.

Had we won on Wednesday it would have been a serious possibility, but I'd say there's nigh on no chance of us getting Gilmour in the summer.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Loan. I don't see us ever signing him because finances and I just don't think the lad will want to return to Scotland long term. A loan gives him a chance to play with a team suited to his play and will give him confidence and put him back on track.

I still think Jack, with a preseason under his belt, can do the job required. I don't see Gilmour wanting to be a deputy to anyone.
But with 2 games a week we will need to rotate to keep players fresh.
Gilmour could do the job for us as well.
Would be a good back up to have.

Heard rumours on this back on the 8th of May, would be a terrific signing.
Aren't you one of those ITKs

1470917828-rock-eyebrow.gif

Last year of his Chelsea contract. Offer £7m and see what they say.
Otherwise there's a chance of a loan, the sign him for free next summer.
His career is at a crossroads. Big decision for him this summer.
Already banked 10 million.
Seen a good chunk of England.
Been all over the place.

You can get 1 million a year with 10 in the bank. Play every week for this team.
I don't think it's as cut and dried.
He might want more dough and be happy to move about.
He might be happy with his financial whack and want to play football.

Agree on both your points - although I'd say he has a much higher ceiling than Davis in terms of potential.

Had we won on Wednesday it would have been a serious possibility, but I'd say there's nigh on no chance of us getting Gilmour in the summer.

Yes, we have to accept its highly unlikely, for a long term signing anyway, TM.

Champions League experience may change that, but do we want to wait until late August to know if we make it now ?

Got told today by an sfa employee who spoke with billy last week that tuchel has told him he will get his chance next season at Chelsea so I very much doubt this one will happen I’m afraid .

Got told today by an sfa employee who spoke with billy last week that tuchel has told him he will get his chance next season at Chelsea so I very much doubt this one will happen I’m afraid .
Yea I cant see that happening. Barely got played at Norwich so can't see him then get chance at Chelsea next season. If anyone gets a chance at Chelsea, it will be Connor Gallagher.

I'd be happy with this even if it were a loan. This isn't some 17 year old far from 1st team play tying to learn his game.

This is a guy who would come in and be our best midfielder.

Would love this to happen, anyone who can't see this boys talent need to try a different sport.

And people saying they want the three to be Jack, Lundstram and Lowry.
Yea, we will have the same three over 60 games in the season.

Seen it mentioned on a lot in different media outlets so must have some truth in it.
I have no idea if true but it could be one outlet has the story and the rest run with it, or an agent has planted the story with a few outlets. I think we take most of what we read in media outlets with a large amount of salt. Especially regarding football transfers.

Wasn't aware he was entering his final year. Maybe a loan might work for us after all.

A better player than Ryan Kent so £7m isn't outlandish. I suspect though he'll have more lucrative down south where, it appears, he wants to play.

I just can’t see this one happening unless he signs a new deal and it’s a loan deal.

Even with only 1 year left on his contract he is surely well out of our price range. One bad season but before that he was one of the highest rated young players in the league. A team in England will still pay £15m upwards for him

I just can’t see this one happening unless he signs a new deal and it’s a loan deal.

Even with only 1 year left on his contract he is surely well out of our price range. One bad season but before that he was one of the highest rated young players in the league. A team in England will still pay £15m upwards for him
I'd say its almost certain he will sign a new Chelsea deal and then head out on loan. To where though, I have no idea. We'd be a better choice for him than most.

That suits Chelsea as they will want him to go somewhere and shine with the intent being to reach a level where he can break into their team or, perhaps more realistically, to bump his transfer value right up again to something that would be way, way beyond our means.

I'd be happy with this even if it were a loan. This isn't some 17 year old far from 1st team play tying to learn his game.

This is a guy who would come in and be our best midfielder.
would he really though? he really hasn't set the heather on fire at Norwich where kenny Mclean was a first team regular. i would say he still has a ton to prove.

He’s always looked good for Scotland but the Norwich move wasn’t the right one (easy to say in hindsight).

There’s definitely a quality player in there but not sure Tuchel fancies him and can’t see him getting into the Chelsea team so would welcome this.

Yes please.

Strolled into his Scotland debut at Wembley in the Euro's and was the best player on the park.

Would never be paying 7mill for a player who is in final year of contract, doesn’t start first 11 for his parent club and just been relegated with his loan club.

20 shots this season, 3 on target and 1 assist.

The issue with loans is we are developing other teams players. We have our own players to develop. I think Lowry needs a chance

Would never be paying 7mill for a player who is in final year of contract, doesn’t start first 11 for his parent club and just been relegated with his loan club.

20 shots this season, 3 on target and 1 assist.

The issue with loans is we are developing other teams players. We have our own players to develop. I think Lowry needs a chance
Judging a midfielder like Gilmour by shots and assists is pretty much stating your ignorance.

Back