Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how big a percentage of our transfer budget 3 million is.

It's a lot of dough for a player who looked a good bit off the quality required to start in our midfield in the last game at Fir Park mate.

Probably best remembered for selling a goal that day and couldn't lay a glove on our midfield.

Paying £3 million for us must be on a definite starter and improvement on our starting 11.

It's a lot of dough for a player who looked a good bit off the quality required to start in our midfield in the last game at Fir Park mate.

Probably best remembered for selling a goal that day and couldn't lay a glove on our midfield.

Paying £3 million for us must be on a definite starter and improvement on our starting 11.

I agree that £3 million is probably too much but I do rate him. Not going to pretend otherwise just because he's signing for them.

I agree that £3 million is probably too much but I do rate him. Not going to pretend otherwise just because he's signing for them.

As I said previously, I definitely think he's got good potential.

However, I've seen plenty players burst on the scene and then sometimes kick on and have a great career, or alternatively, fail to maintain their early promise.

Time will tell mate.

Will be a shame if he ends up there, as I’ve no doubt he’ll end up a top player.

Also shows the boy doesn’t have a huge deal of self respect, imagine going there (in general) but in particular after their embarrassing tweet last week?

As I said previously, I definitely think he's got good potential.

However, I've seen plenty players burst on the scene and then sometimes kick on and have a great career, or alternatively, fail to maintain their early promise.

Time will tell mate.

I don’t think he will get in their first first team wouldn’t be too upset if he did. Honestly don’t think he would get in ours and if we are paying £3mil for a player they have to be a starter right away. Yes he does have potential and done well with Motherwell. Motherwell are the real winners with that price tag.

I don’t think he will get in their first first team wouldn’t be too upset if he did. Honestly don’t think he would get in ours and if we are paying £3mil for a player they have to be a starter right away. Yes he does have potential and done well with Motherwell. Motherwell are the real winners with that price tag.
He'll get into their first team (especially if ntcham/McGregor leaves) play 30 or so games and be touted down south for £15 million next season, nothing surer. They don't have many players that would go for decent sums of money, the two mentioned above, Edouard and snake hips Tierney would get them a few quid, but I reckon they will need to be a selling club to balance the books for the next few seasons and they simply don't have that many tangible assets playing wise.

If he goes to them he will get a game every week imo. There's no way they are spunking 3million for a player to regularly sit on the bench or not in the squad.

I honestly don't care if they sign him, he looks to be a good prospect yes but he has played 30 1st team games.

If he does sign he will need to hit the ground running or their deluded fans will turn on him.

I wrote earlier I wouldn't gloat till he signed for somebody else. Does nobody remember the Hastie situation ? On then off, then back on. The only difference is their hatchet statement and it will be excellent to see the back pedalling in the next few weeks.
It's obvious the expected bids didn't materialise from down south.

Imagine going there after every thing that's gone on in the past, currently going on and having read the statement the bheggars issued last week.

Hope both Turnbull and the bheggars have a terrible start to the season and they are on his back from day one.

£3m for a player who's not even made 50 appearances in Scottish football and wasn't exactly a stand out against the better sides.

He will sign for Celtic. Nobody else will meet the 3mil plus fee. He will have realised this and go back and take the offer on the table. I'd imagine today.

I imagine after they tried again to steal Aribo that they've gone back to him and conceded a little.

£3.25 million for a teenager from Motherwell. And he doesn't even improve them

It was always going to happen. I'd prefer he didnt because i think hes a decent player. Anyway, what an absolute rip roaring shytbag he is. He has allowed them to bully him into signing, i've never seen a club (not surprised) take to social media to write a bitter jealous response. %^*& the lad lets hope wee 50 grand Glenn ends his career next season anyway.

Lennon will bully him and he will be way down the player pecking order. If he isn't an instant success, they'll turn on him.

Would you want Rangers to pay out that sort of money for him mate?

I'm not doubting he's got potential, but at the moment, that's all it is.
We paid that amount on Carlos Pena did we not who had many an international cap for Mexico and look how that turned out.

I wouldn’t want us paying that as I’ve not seen enough of him but my point is that I don’t think £3 million is too pricey even for up here.

It’s just the way the market is nowadays

Suspect the yahoos have caved into his demands and will pay him anything he wants to save face now.

£12-15k wages for a player from Motherwell who’s played around 30 SPFL games and assurances of first team football? To be fair to the lad and his agent have played that mob like a fiddle.

For me he's not better than what we have and not a first pick and at 3 million that's a bit of a dent in the budget,you want someone to hit the ground running for that kind of money.

Suspect the yahoos have caved into his demands and will pay him anything he wants to save face now.

£12-15k wages for a player from Motherwell who’s played around 30 SPFL games and assurances of first team football? To be fair to the lad and his agent have played that mob like a fiddle.
Wonder if theres players like Christie etc that are on less and they demand new contract?

They are paying Turnbull £20k a week, they have conceded after getting slapped by Aribo

Source is player himself which is why I posted he was signing earlier
20 grand a week is mental money for a kid who had a good six months.

I rate him but what are his wages going to look like if he has a good 18 months and looks to renegotiate? 35/40 grand?

They are paying Turnbull £20k a week, they have conceded after getting slapped by Aribo

Source is player himself which is why I posted he was signing earlier
That is fuc.king ludicruous. Turnbull and his agent have played a blinder here.

Still no idea if he is any good or not as only seem him against us.

You have to monder if we matched their bid he would come to us in a second. Guaranteed a game and learning under Gérard. Absolutely no brainer for him

From a hot prospect on 50k a year to a mentally challenged millionaire. A real tough call from Turnbull's perspective.

The worrying aspect of this is they were still willing to splash in excess of 3M on a guy with limited experience. It kind of shoots down the theories that the mentally challengeds are hoarding the money they have for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back