Tyrese Campbell?

Mental folk saying not to sign him with a hamstring injury! Not exactly a cruciate injury is it. Was good for the time he was on.

He’s a history of hamstring injuries so I’d say we won’t be signing him when he’s out for the next 6 weeks which arguably are the most crucial of the season

He’s a history of hamstring injuries so I’d say we won’t be signing him when he’s out for the next 6 weeks which arguably are the most crucial of the season
Still only 20 though and worth a punt if it’s just a cross border development fee. Quotes of £400k isn’t a huge gamble.

I watched McBurnie mishit his shot, but score, last week as well.
Reminded me of a top striker from years gone by, might have been Papin, say that the keeper has no chance of reading a mishit.
If the striker can’t tell what he’s doing, the keeper can’t tell either.
Anyway, this comes back to me every now and then.
Obviously, I’m thinking if Morelos had mishit one of his strikes at the cup final, the result might have been different.

The exact reason I go off my head with my boys when they play football and don’t hit it with their left foot when they get the chance. It can go anywhere if they hit it wrong

^^ Wasn’t aware of that but still feel he would be a useful addition for a modest development fee.

Especially if it's more of a long term signing. Morelos will go sooner or later and Defoe won't last forever.
Exactly. With Rudden gone. Dapo a bit quiet. Morelos off after 55. Like this way of working too buy cheap and maybe get another Aribo!

Exactly. With Rudden gone. Dapo a bit quiet. Morelos off after 55. Like this way of working too buy cheap and maybe get another Aribo!
That has to be the game plan. Won't get it right every time but we should exploit the cross border thing when we get the chance.

If we want him we will still go for it even if he has a hamstring injury. We would be buying him for when Morelos goes in the summer and to get him in now would get him up to speed ready for the way we play in the summer.

If we want him we will still go for it even if he has a hamstring injury. We would be buying him for when Morelos goes in the summer and to get him in now would get him up to speed ready for the way we play in the summer.
Exactly. At 20 he's a long term signing.

Off with a hamstring injury.
Might make it more likely. He will be out 6 weeks anyway before leaving for free in the summer. Take a little cash now and reinvest in someone to take his place and be straight in the team
Medicals don’t worry about short term injuries if they are already known (and reflected in the price)

Didn't see the goal tonight but seen him before and he looks a handful.

A hammy rules him out for this window though surely?

Yes but probably big wages to win him over v the competition, so you could be talking 3-4m wages commitment too Steven.
Yeah I get that. When you see what you could potentially get with the likes of Aribo though. Take him for a year and turn a profit after a good season or two. Seems a safer bet than a Grezda (lazy example) transfer fee plus wages.

Yeah I get that. When you see what you could potentially get with the likes of Aribo though. Take him for a year and turn a profit after a good season or two. Seems a safer bet than a Grezda (lazy example) transfer fee plus wages.

Yes, I absolutely agree that in principle this is the kind of deal we should go for.

I just worry about guys with hamstring injuries, as they seem to recur quite regularly. If our guys are comfortable they can sort it long term then I’m 100% supportive, having a big strong & pacy guy would be a great option.

This might indeed be the time to try and get him in, hope he’s not needed in the next month or two but get him bedded in and ready for a good preseason

Looks a good prospect at that price. Surely Gerrard will be a big factor in getting these kind of players in.
Is this boy an out and out striker or can he play anywhere across the front 3?

He was playing as the central striker tonight and looked quick and strong. Could play wider also I imagine. You can see the potential, shame about the injury.

Yes, I absolutely agree that in principle this is the kind of deal we should go for.

I just worry about guys with hamstring injuries, as they seem to recur quite regularly. If our guys are comfortable they can sort it long term then I’m 100% supportive, having a big strong & pacy guy would be a great option.
We’ve not exactly had the best record with injured players making a recovery though have we. Buffel being one I always wonder about given his career after us.
You look at people like Ness and Rossiter too and there is a chance he may never reach the potential he obviously has.

We’ve not exactly had the best record with injured players making a recovery though have we. Buffel being one I always wonder about given his career after us.
You look at people like Ness and Rossiter too and there is a chance he may never reach the potential he obviously has.

To be fair, the way Gerrard’s team work I’ve never seen our club develop players so dramatically as we do now. So hopefully our history is being re written:p

I would agree that in the past we seem to have had terrible luck with players having chronic injuries etc.

But we now have a very impressive medical team in place and with Matt Konopinski now on the team as well i think those days are in the past.

100% interest

He’s high on the wanted list, which is why I follow him & liked his tweet - keep an eye on all potential signings like that

Will he sign? Will we move now?
Absolutely no idea but rumours certainly aren’t without substance & things are picking up rumour wise
What other rumours we talking here? Need something to get me through January!!

100% interest

He’s high on the wanted list, which is why I follow him & liked his tweet - keep an eye on all potential signings like that

Will he sign? Will we move now?
Absolutely no idea but rumours certainly aren’t without substance & things are picking up rumour wise
Any rumours of players coming in this month?

RANGERS SUBMIT NEW OFFER FOR TYRESE CAMPBELL

It’s being reported that Rangers have today tabled a new and improved offer for 20 year old Stoke City striker, Tyrese Campbell. Campbell is said to be keen on the idea of working under Steven Gerrard.

Rangers are hoping to fight off a host of English Premier League clubs, as well as Old Firm rivals Celtic for the in form striker on a pre-contract agreement.

It is said Rangers are keen for Campbell to join during the current window, but it’s more likely he will join in the summer for a compensation fee if they can come to any agreement with the player.

Campbell continued his good form for his club, scoring the only goal for Stoke City last night to defeat West Bromwich Albion 1-0.

#RangersFC #StokeCity #RangersOnTour #TyreseCampbell

Back