Umar sadiq

The guys attitude stank when he was here. Chucked it pretty soon after he joined. %^*& him.

Could this thread be any more of an FF cliche?

the guys been ripping it up for Partizan and yet the entire thread is based on him starting only one - already high pressure - game for Rangers after his rookie manager had been slagging him in the media and put an extra barrow load of pressure on him.

All the Sadiq slagging here should be reserved for Gerrard on this occasion

%^*& off with that utter shite.

Sadiq wanted to leave pretty soon after joining. Didn’t try a leg in training and was fined several times for turning up late to training. How is that Gerrard’s fault in any way?

FF cliche indeed - total revisionism of his time here so you can have a pop at the manager.

Shows how different players can thrive in different leagues and different styles of play. Think most players playing for top teams have quality and quite often just need the right environment and style to impress

Utterly baffling and shocking in equal measure that this c**t is a professional footballer, never mind going for €10m.

C&P:

RANGERS flop Umar Sadiq is the target of a £10million bid from Serie A giants Napoli, according to reports.

The former Light Blues striker managed just FOUR games under Steven Gerrard but has attracted multi-million pound interest after performing well for Partizan Belgrade.

Serbian sports website Mozzart Sport claims Napoli have tabled an offer for the Nigerian forward.

But the deal could be held up due to complications over his current club.

Sadiq has become a regular for Belgrade this season after making a loan move from Roma for around £85,000.

Partizan also included a future fee of a reported £1.5m at the conclusion of his loan deal.

While the Serbina side have the right to purchase Sadiq at the end of his temporary switch, Roma could oppose the then sale to Napoli.

Reports claim Roma will instead demand £5m from Partizan for the player if he is to be sold on to Napoli for £10m in the same window.

This is not the first time Roma have had this issue over a transfer.

In 2018 they complained over Nemanja Radonjic's sale from Red Star Belgrade to Marseille.

Roma insisted on a £1.75m fee before that deal go through, and this could be the same with Sadiq.

Partizan are also in no rush to sell Sadiq on after they banked £8.5m for their star defender Strahinja Pavlovic.

Napoli are on the look-out for a striker who can play deputy to lethal hitman Dries Mertens.
this is madness,he was so bad when he was here.

Must not have watched his game at Hamdump, 10 million I can't see that going ahead

The Serbian league must be utterly mince. I wouldn’t even touch him for a million, never mind £10M.

He’s another Ali Dia, except he’s continuing to convince teams that he’s a player. The greatest scam to come out of Nigeria since wealth related emails.

Ran like a giraffe on an iced pond, it’s mental to think in some leagues a couple of goals in a short space of time can have that much impact on transfer value.

Gerrard obviously didn't trust him when was here, given how little playing time he was given.

Didn't work out for him here, it happens. Didn't look a player when he was on the field but he had so little minutes it wouldn't be possible to give a fair assessment on his capabilities.

He's having a good season in Serbia so he clearly isn't as bad as all the armchair "experts" on here suggest. Classic FF.

Good luck to the lad.

tenor.gif

Hahahaha.........can't stop laughing at this!

%^*& off with that utter shite.

Sadiq wanted to leave pretty soon after joining. Didn’t try a leg in training and was fined several times for turning up late to training. How is that Gerrard’s fault in any way?

FF cliche indeed - total revisionism of his time here so you can have a pop at the manager.

you should have a wee think about this mate. Sadiq may well have been all these things and I didn’t say I thought he was a great player. But Gerrard (who I was careful to say was a rookie and has alluded himself to this being a mistake on his part) left himself having to use a young inexperienced player he’d criticised publicly (twice I think) in a huge pressure game.Unsurprisingly he was poor in the match, although he was hardly alone in that.

since then he’s been playing very well by all accounts (I’ve seen a few of his goals) and a big team want to pay decent money for him...and you get this thread entirely based on that one game from people who have no idea what he’s done in the year since he left us.

Gerrard signed him so you can’t have it both ways, either the manager takes his lumps for decision 1 or decision 2 (or, IMO, both)

Awkward looking player but I think better than he's rated on here . Wasn't his main issue that he wouldn't train too hard , he'd save it for game day . Totally against the gaffers mentality. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do well somewhere.
However that fecking dive......

What has changed? Just not suited to here? Liked it here? Fall out or something else.

would not have thought he would’ve had a career at a top league or club after seeing him play.

Napoli on a right downwards spiral after the failed to win the league in the two horse race two seasons back. Don't think they have ever quite been the same since losing Hamsik either. Surely Sadiq will solve their problems :))

I was in Florida for he semi game and stopped at Gamechangers on way back to the airport. His performance was absolutely shocking and still can’t believe he dived rather than trying to score...

It's typical of British football fans to just write off a player as "absolutely useless" if they don't play well for their club.

I don't think it's quite as reactionary as that elsewhere.

I found it telling that Gerrard said he takes "some responsibility" for the fact things didn't work out with Grezda. We forget that it's a 2 way relationship and sometimes the manager just can't get the best out of certain people for whatever reason. Sadiq and Grezda will have decent careers most likely, but it just didn't work out for them with us.

In fact, I'll bet both have better careers than Coulibaly yet the latter was much better for us than them.

I see it as a good thing in truth. We clearly identified a good player but other factors didn't work out. It's not like they were just sh*te at all times and we still made the signing as we have with many before.

Napoli are in a bit of a shambles so if there is a club in world football currently about to go through with this, it would be them.

Will believe it when I see it though

Fair play to the lad, not every loan move works out. He never looked fully in control of those crazy legs whenever i saw him for us, but hes clearly found his form again. Good luck to the guy

Rino, Rino, Rino...what are you thinking? Either that or Hans Christian Andersen or Umar Sadiq's agent has penned that article.

Back