Umar sadiq

I remember seeing him in the pre season friendly and thinking he looked alright, but how wrong was i, he was garbage

hes the 3rd top scorer in EL and banging in goals this season at a level i imagine is probably better than SPL, his dive against the sheep smeared his actual performance that when watched back his hold up and link up play was very good, he wasn't helped by kent and midfield being off the boil

hes the 3rd top scorer in EL and banging in goals this season at a level i imagine is probably better than SPL, his dive against the sheep smeared his actual performance that when watched back his hold up and link up play was very good, he wasn't helped by kent and midfield being off the boil

Aye, but it's easier to just say he's shite. 11 goals in 18 league games and 5 in the Europa League this season. It's fair to say that the majority of people commenting won't have seen anything of him in the past 12 months.

Aye, but it's easier to just say he's shite. 11 goals in 18 league games and 5 in the Europa League this season. It's fair to say that the majority of people commenting won't have seen anything of him in the past 12 months.

Some moves dont work out and obviously his move to us was terrible for both the Club and the player

His attitude stunk when he was with his. This meant we weren’t able to see his true potential. Still 10 million seems excessive

Did anyone bother to look how he’s getting on at his current club before weighing in? I think some are just a bit irritated he’s went and done well elsewhere after flopping here and proclaiming he’s not a footballer.

Can only assume he must have sorted his attitude since he was here.

I think the guy was probably always half decent (Roma had signed him for a start and he’d done pretty well in Holland I seem to remember) but for whatever reason it looked like he just simply did not want to be a Ibrox.

Sometimes it happens.

Fair play to the guy, he's turned his career around but just again proves that it takes a certain level of footballer to succeed at our club. He might be worth £10m to a team in Italy who play at a snails pace but in Scotland you have to be willing to work hard and fight for every ball... just not that guys game.

i thought he only had 4 tbh , assume that makes him 2nd then

giphy.gif

As much as he looked a donkey here, he has been scoring regularly this season. Still, £10million is a bit steep for a player who has had 1 good season

Given how Gerrard demands the most of his players at all times, do we think that Sadiq's attitude limited his game time and there maybe is a player in there? We didn't see a lot of him but what we did see wasn't very impressive so it is hard to believe!

Am I right in thinking he has scored more Europa league goals that Edouard or did i just make that stat up slagging of the unwashed?

Am I right in thinking he has scored more Europa league goals that Edouard or did i just make that stat up slagging of the unwashed?

yeah he has.

The reason the value is so high will be because he is still on the books of Roma and that will automatically inflate the price.

It is a funny old game.

I think the lad has talent but possibly not the brightest and not suited to the SPL.

If there wasn't any talent then he would not have been at Roma in the first place. Different players suit different clubs/mentalities. His loans to Bologna and Torino were failures also.

He couldn't adapt to Scottish football and the management team didn't like his attitude. If he is doing well in the Serbian league then good for him. I don't care.

No idea how he managed to score goals, watching him play for us was like watching bambi on ice.

Mental money but hes banging the goals in just now so somoene will take a punt on him.

Most likely his attitude stopped him playing for us, had his chance in the final and bottled it.

Will he regret it? probably not, he will probably still be earning far more than you or I

It’s really weird. Even his goals are shit. Saw one the other week where he missed from 4 yards but then it bounced back off him and went in.

Runs around like a velociraptor.

Andy Brassell covers a load of European football and made the point this week that players like Sancho, Haaland, Mount etc are and should be viewed as anomalies - they’re performing way above the average ability of immature players, and fans need to give those who will be good players some time to learn and grow into the game around 21/22/23.
Not saying he set the world alight here, but don’t think you can write off players who don’t get 10 goals and assists a season at 20.

Reactions: fmp
He never got a run of games so its hard to say.

I'd imagine he was rank rotten in training and gerrard wasn't willing to risk him.

Doing well at Partizan Belgrade but not disappointed with how we handled him. Already saw an article questioning if Gerrard was too rash in making up his mind. The guy was a loan and we had an in-form Buffalo. When we did see him he was constantly tripping over his own feet and you knew if he had the ball it would lead to nothing.

It's difficult to put into words just how useless he was when he had the Rangers jersey on. The dive against the sheep was about 20 feet in front of me and one of the worst moments of the season.

Good riddance.

Back